Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-2011, 10:00am   #1
Exotix
Banned
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $0
Default Dad ~ I'll kill my son's murderer if he's released

Plea deal could allow 5-year-old's murderer to be let out early for good behavior.

Today

Dad: I'll kill my son's murderer if he's released - U.S. news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

The father of a five-year-old boy slain in 1975 has vowed to murder the man who did it "as aggressively and painfully as he killed my son" if he is released from prison early.

John Foreman told WPRO-AM radio that he blamed himself for accepting a plea deal that saw Michael Woodmansee convicted of the second-degree murder of his son Jason in South Kingstown, Rhode Island.

Woodmansee was sentenced to 40 years in prison in 1982, but the plea bargain deal allowed him to be released early for good behavior.

This could happen as soon as August, the Providence Journal reported.

In the interview, Foreman claimed a journal kept by Woodmansee, which has not been released by police, details how the killer had eaten the young boy's flesh.

"I do intend, if this man is released anywhere in my vicinity, or if I can find him after the fact, I do intend to kill this man," Foreman added.

"I cannot think, I cannot sleep. All I think about is trying to find a way to get this man to kill him," he told WPRO-AM.

Foreman said he wanted to kill Woodmansee "as aggressively and painfully as he killed my son."

He said he remembered only one detail contained in the journal, that Woodmansee "ate the flesh of my son."

In the interview, Foreman said his decision to accept a plea deal had been "spineless."

"I've got myself to blame for that ... allowing him to be released early to become a predator to someone else. I'm to blame for all that and I'll make that right," he said.

Foreman said his son was a "well-behaved boy, very smart, very intelligent for his age."

He added that he had been full of "hopes and dreams" for his son. "I know he was going to be somebody.
I had real hopes for this young boy," Foreman said.

Amy Kempe, a spokeswoman for Attorney General Peter Kilmartin, said in a statement Monday that he was concerned and outraged about Woodmansee's scheduled release, The Associated Press reported.

Kempe said Kilmartin had asked Rhode Island's Department of Corrections to look into ways to keep Woodmansee in prison.

Kempe added that the attorney general's office would work with the Department of Corrections to examine the legal options.

Patricia Coyne-Fague, chief legal counsel for the Department of Corrections, said that the only way an inmate could lose his entitlement to early release for good behavior was if he did something wrong.

Coyne-Fague said the early release was based on a law first introduced in 1872. It was last changed significantly in 1960.

More on Story

Murderer and Accused Cannibal to Be Freed in August.

https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/n...newthread&f=38

A plea deal intended to spare a murdered child's family the horrific details of his death has come back to haunt residents of a historic town in Rhode Island.
The killer, an accused cannibal who was a teenager when the crime was committed more than 30 years ago, will be free before the end of the year, according to police.

"We do not know what his plans are or if he is [planning on coming back here], but it is definitely something we plan on discussing," a spokesman for the South Kingstown Police Department told AOL News today.

While police have yet to formulate a plan for the impending release of convicted murderer Michael Woodmansee, the father of his victim, a 5-year-old boy named Jason Foreman, is not mincing words.

"I do intend, if this man is released anywhere in my vicinity, or if I can find [him], I do intend to kill this man," John Foreman told Rhode Island's WPRO News talk radio today.

According to The Providence Journal, Woodmansee was a withdrawn 16-year-old boy on May 18, 1975 –- the day he lured Jason into his home, stabbed the boy in the heart and hid the small body in a trunk.

Woodmansee lived up the street from the Foreman home.

The day he took Jason's life was the boy's mother's 25th birthday -– a time of happiness that would forever after be associated with pain and heartache.

Woodmansee later told police he had fantasized that "it would be easy [to kill someone], easy to get away with it, and some form of fun,'' according to the Journal.

For eight years, frustrated authorities conducted a nationwide manhunt for Jason.

Some feared he had been kidnapped, but no one suspected the whole, horrific truth -- that a disturbed killer had taken his life, removed his flesh and shellacked his bones.

The pieces in the case began to come together on April 15, 1982, when a bearded Woodmansee invited a 14-year-old newspaper delivery boy named Dale Sherman into his house.

After supplying the boy with hard liquor and beer, Woodmansee attempted to strangle the teen, police said.
Sherman fought back and managed to escape and run home, where his dad called police.

Taken to police headquarters, Woodmansee initially denied any wrongdoing.
Because the allegations involved a boy, investigators decided to question him about Jason.
Shortly thereafter, he confessed to sexually assaulting and killing the child, police said.

When authorities searched Woodmansee's home, they found Jason's skull and other miscellaneous bones on top of the man's dresser.
They also discovered a journal in which he detailed the young boy's gruesome death, police said.

On Feb. 24, 1983, Woodmansee pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of second-degree murder and was sentenced to 40 years in prison.

According to The Associated Press, prosecutors agreed to the plea bargain to spare the family the horrific details of the boy's death and to avoid a grisly trial.

After sentencing Woodmansee, Superior Court Judge Thomas H. Needham ordered his journal and all other evidence in the case sealed.
Needham said the accounts within it were too disturbing for Jason's family to see.

For decades, rumors have surfaced about the journal.

Speaking with WPRO today, John Foreman alleged that Woodmansee was a cannibal and said the killer had eaten his son's flesh off his bones.

The boy was finally buried in March 1983, roughly two weeks after his killer pleaded guilty.
Jason's mother, Joice, who often spoke with the media about the case, died in 2000.

For more than 25 years, Woodmansee has remained behind bars, all but forgotten by the general public.

All that changed last week, however, when the now 52-year-old convict was transferred to a correctional institution in Cranston.
The move is part of a process to prepare Woodmansee for his August release date.

The killer, according to the Journal, has benefited from a prison reward system that shaved roughly 12 years off his 40-year prison sentence.

Superior Court Judge Susan E. McGuirl, the former state prosecutor who agreed to the plea bargain, did not immediately return calls for comment from AOL News today.
Speaking with the Journal, she said news of Woodmansee's pending release was "shocking."

"Certainly there would not have been any anticipation of him getting out in 28 years," she told the newspaper.

While Woodmansee's plans for the future remain unclear, one thing that is clear is that he is won't get a warm reception if he decides to return home.

"I have taken the position that he is not welcomed in this community and that as a resident and the police chief, I don't think it would be safe or prudent for him to be here," South Kingstown Police Chief Vincent Vespia told The South County Independent.

Jason's father cannot bear to think that his killer could return to their town.

"I have been able to visit Jason and his mother, Joice, at their gravesite with only love in my heart for them.

But now I'm afraid to visit, now that the terrible memories are back to haunt me and my family," John Foreman told the Journal.

"There is no forgiveness in me, only revenge."

Convicted killer Michael Woodmansee benefited from a reward system that shaved 12 years off his 40-year prison sentence.

Exotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:03am   #2
Stangkiller
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #5
Barn Raising I,II,III,IV
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 2.3%

Thanked 5,445 Times in 2,943 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2173478

I only hope somebody else kills the guy first and the father doesn't have to get involved with defending himself in court.
Stangkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:04am   #3
Rob
MIA Administrator
Barn Stall Owner #14
Barn Raising II,III Chef

NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'20
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Ukranian Famers are the modern day Chuck Norris
Activity: 0.3%

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,475 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17601606

I have no problem ridding the country of that type of slime. Maybe we can make bio-diesel from him as an added bonus.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rob For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2011, 10:05am   #4
VatorMan
Barn Stall Owner #122
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'17
Activity: 5.2%

Thanked 8,447 Times in 4,268 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1158963

Rule #1. Don't talk about it- just do it. Now it will be premeditated.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:05am   #5
jaxgator
Barn Stall Owner #99
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14

Thanked 2,434 Times in 1,743 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1017

May his aim be true.
jaxgator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaxgator For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2011, 10:09am   #6
zsr22
A Real Barner
Activity: 19.4%

Thanked 1,110 Times in 460 Posts

The whole "released early for good behavior" thing baffles me. How about you get released on your original release date with good behavior and if you screw up while in prison, we add time to your sentence.
zsr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zsr22 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2011, 10:12am   #7
Sleestak
Vette Barn Crew

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $852

Yeah, the smarter move would've been to keep quiet about it. Now the PD will assign a detail to watch over the guy. Hell, probably both of them.
Sleestak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:13am   #8
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 65.8%

Thanked 7,914 Times in 3,529 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
I honestly don't think he would regret being convicted based on what he says... and I'm guessing he would get some serious $$ donated for a defense should it come to that.

I just want to know how this guy survived in prison this long. The prisons usually have a strange way of dealing with those who commit crimes like that against children.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:15am   #9
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15
Fantasy Football Champ '11,'13,'17
Activity: 0.4%

Location: Somewhere between mild insanity and complete psychosis.
Thanked 2,462 Times in 1,242 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1050381

The price of mind-numb liberalism.

What kind of deranged lunatic thinks hanging slime like this in the public square is uncivil, but letting them roam free to murder more innocents is civil ???

He murdered and ate a child???? GMAFB. Hang em' High.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Will For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2011, 10:19am   #10
Exotix
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post

I prefer to keep this one in OT so I'd be the most appreciative if you kept your wacko CFPR&C crap to yourself ...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Exotix For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2011, 10:25am   #11
LATB
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.1%

Thanked 24,640 Times in 11,185 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotix View Post
I prefer to keep this one in OT so I'd be the most appreciative if you kept your wacko CFPR&C crap to yourself ...

Irony
LATB is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LATB For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2011, 10:36am   #12
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 65.8%

Thanked 7,914 Times in 3,529 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
GET OVER IT. You can't go a single thread without bringing up CFPR&C. This has nothing to do with the Corvette Forum.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedLS1GTO For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2011, 10:41am   #13
VatorMan
Barn Stall Owner #122
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'17
Activity: 5.2%

Thanked 8,447 Times in 4,268 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1158963

Quote:

Let it be known this is the ONE TIME I agree with Exotix. You guys started it not him.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VatorMan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2011, 10:55am   #14
Kerrmudgeon
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 18,411 Times in 8,713 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4614507

If there was ever a time and place where vigilante justice was justified, this has to be it. I hope there's a mob of sharp shooters waiting within range of that prison. What a shame if the father goes to jail puttting down this mad dog.
Kerrmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:59am   #15
Scissors
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $366874

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
Clearly the father hasn't gotten any smarter since he took the plea deal.
Scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:07am   #16
Exotix
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
Sounds like the dad could maybe get an insanity plee with statements like this:

"I cannot think, I cannot sleep. All I think about is trying to find a way to get this man to kill him," he told WPRO-AM.
I'd be of the opinion that the Dad could off this maniac, get arrested, post a nominal bail to await trial and then either be found innocent and let go or if found guilty, sentenced to probation ...

I don't think this would be the first time *(frontier) justice was served* ...
Old 03-08-2011, 11:26am   #17
zsr22
A Real Barner
Activity: 19.4%

Thanked 1,110 Times in 460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
Quite true. IMHO if I was on the jury, it would be REALLY hard for me to convict the father.
While I certainly sympathize with the father. He was the one who chose to allow the plea deal.
zsr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:28am   #18
BuckyThreadkiller
Barn Stall Owner #12
Barn Raising I
NCM Supporter '11, '12

Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,065 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $168047

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsr22 View Post
While I certainly sympathize with the father. He was the one who chose to allow the plea deal.
I'm not familiar with the law on this - does the victim's family have the ability to tell the prosector not to take a plea deal?
BuckyThreadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:33am   #19
Curvette
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 5.1%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3586

Quote:

What kind of deranged lunatic thinks hanging slime like this in the public square is uncivil, but letting them roam free to murder more innocents is civil ???

He murdered and ate a child???? GMAFB. Hang em' High.
Curvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:45am   #20
Mike Mercury
Chief Meat Gazer
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #98
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Activity: 13.2%

Thanked 33,978 Times in 12,380 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5135124

Quote:

I'll give you two guesses... but you'll only need the one
Mike Mercury is online now   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic