Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > C4 Corvette > C4 Open Discussion
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

C4 Open Discussion General and technical C4 Corvette discussion - ownership, maintenance, repairs, modifications, tuning

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2011, 9:16pm   #1
PLRX
Barn Stall Owner #120
Activity: 21.2%

Thanked 6,132 Times in 2,594 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9282448
Default Amsoil Synchromesh

Corvette Forum - View Single Post - zf transmission /castrol bmw fluid

Yesterday:

Due to the fact I bought my ZF with the factory fluids and Ive only used TWS I can not
compare the TWS to the Amsoil. Many members speak highly of Amsoil so I went to their
website and ordered 3 quarts. Im due for an ZF oil change anyway it, the TWS there has
close to 20,000 miles.

Once I get it, I'll put The Ghost on the lift, change it, go for a drive and will tell you what I think.

Today about an hour ago:

Im glad I only paid for the standard shipping rate. The MOFO just got here 3 minutes ago.
Most of the time, it pays off to live in Southern California. Oh yes, we had a 4.1 this morning.

I opened the box and I expected this to have more viscosity.

PLRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 9:40pm   #2
mike100
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2013824

it'd definitely 5w thin and watery. The new bottles don't list viscosity, but they used to say 5w-30.

Honda boxes use 10w-30 or 10w-40 and everybody knows how slick those shift. Also a lot of light duty boxes used to run atf- like T5 camaros, 4x4 transfer cases, and ford ranger boxes. This was great below freezing.

The worst thing about Amsoil is trying to order it or having to talk to local guy and enduring a sales pitch about buying more for your other car. it's freaking like Amway or something with those guys.
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:09pm   #3
PLRX
Barn Stall Owner #120
Activity: 21.2%

Thanked 6,132 Times in 2,594 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9282448

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike100 View Post

The worst thing about Amsoil is trying to order
Damn Mike, I got mine in 32 hours and I paid standard shipping. I think it is damn good.
PLRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:27pm   #4
pappytinker
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 1.2%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3478

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike100 View Post
it'd definitely 5w thin and watery. The new bottles don't list viscosity, but they used to say 5w-30.

Honda boxes use 10w-30 or 10w-40 and everybody knows how slick those shift. Also a lot of light duty boxes used to run atf- like T5 camaros, 4x4 transfer cases, and ford ranger boxes. This was great below freezing.

The worst thing about Amsoil is trying to order it or having to talk to local guy and enduring a sales pitch about buying more for your other car. it's freaking like Amway or something with those guys.
Amsoil is a multi-level marketing organization like Amway but you don't have to talk with anybody! You can go on line and order it directly from Amsoil. Unless you are a total computer doofus, it is very easy to enter an order. You can even become a "Preferred Customer" (if you use enough of it to justify what you have to pay for the yearly fee which pays for the company magazine) and get it wholesale. There are also dealers that frequent the several automotive forums and they can get it for you. Subdriver on the "other" forum is a dealer, I believe and he can get the stuff or give you a code number to use when you order. I used to be a dealer and have backed off from that to become a "Preferred Customer" myself. With a Corvette, a truck, another car, two motorcycles, a lawn tractor, a lawn vacuum/leaf shredder, a chain saw and two sons with vehicles that use the products, I have no problem making up the difference.
pappytinker is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > C4 Corvette > C4 Open Discussion