Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-04-2024, 3:36pm   #81
Frankie the Fink
A Real Barner
Activity: 56.8%

Thanked 3,992 Times in 1,808 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big bob View Post
Two minors are facing possible federal charges.
Good zero sympathy and felony charges; I hope, trust fund kids in Daddy's boat - screw 'em...
Frankie the Fink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 4:53pm   #82
zsr22
A Real Barner
Activity: 12.9%

Thanked 1,126 Times in 464 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettemed View Post
It's not clear to me from what's been published so far - were there actually adults at the helm? Or were these little rich white boys in control of the vessel?

My understanding so far is that they went out the inlet specifically to dump the evidence of underage drinking, dumped it, turned around and came back in the inlet quite proud of themselves.

Nevertheless, yes, they're saddened that they got caught not giving a **** about the rest of the world.

If there were drinking-age adults on board, there would be no need to throw evidence into the ocean.
zsr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zsr22 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2024, 5:37pm   #83
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 42,427 Times in 17,675 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink View Post
Good zero sympathy and felony charges; I hope, trust fund kids in Daddy's boat - screw 'em...
I get your anger, I do. I also remember that we were all kids once, and did stupid stuff that made sense to our adolescent selves that we regret now. I remember that back then, kids who got caught drinking were made to pour out all the beer and go home. None of this zero tolerance stuff back then.

Other than dumping out all their empties in the ocean, an incredibly stupid move, these kids didn't do anything that most of us here didn't do as underage teens. And I guarantee that if your parents, or mine, had a boat like that, we'd have given our left nuts to take it out.

Why do you begrudge them for having that opportunity? We agree that they should be punished for this stupid act, but I don't think their lives should be ruined over it.

Assuming they don't have criminal histories, a fine and a healthy amount of community service should suffice, considering the infamy they are experiencing now.

There are people dumping a lot worse every day of the week in Houston and lots of other cities.....adults that know better, and even when caught, they don't face anything like what people want to do to those kids.

I'd prefer to **** over the adults for illegal dumping, and give these kids the youthful punishment, hopefully something with deferred adjudication. Make them do all kinds of community service, parents pay a significant fine, and the kids stay out of trouble for a probation period, whatever you like....a year? 3 years? Then, if successful, expunge their arrests so they don't have to wear a scarlet F (felon) for the rest of their lives.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 6:21pm   #84
Yadkin
Barn Stall Owner #112
Activity: 99.7%

Thanked 5,014 Times in 2,949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big bob View Post
Yadkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 6:32pm   #85
DDSLT5
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 83.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I get your anger, I do. I also remember that we were all kids once, and did stupid stuff that made sense to our adolescent selves that we regret now. I remember that back then, kids who got caught drinking were made to pour out all the beer and go home. None of this zero tolerance stuff back then.

Other than dumping out all their empties in the ocean, an incredibly stupid move, these kids didn't do anything that most of us here didn't do as underage teens. And I guarantee that if your parents, or mine, had a boat like that, we'd have given our left nuts to take it out.

Why do you begrudge them for having that opportunity? We agree that they should be punished for this stupid act, but I don't think their lives should be ruined over it.

Assuming they don't have criminal histories, a fine and a healthy amount of community service should suffice, considering the infamy they are experiencing now.

There are people dumping a lot worse every day of the week in Houston and lots of other cities.....adults that know better, and even when caught, they don't face anything like what people want to do to those kids.

I'd prefer to **** over the adults for illegal dumping, and give these kids the youthful punishment, hopefully something with deferred adjudication. Make them do all kinds of community service, parents pay a significant fine, and the kids stay out of trouble for a probation period, whatever you like....a year? 3 years? Then, if successful, expunge their arrests so they don't have to wear a scarlet F (felon) for the rest of their lives.
If they are minors, won't their charges stay sealed and not enter their adulthood?
DDSLT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DDSLT5 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2024, 7:11pm   #86
VatorMan
Barn Stall Owner #122
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'17
Activity: 3.9%

Thanked 8,447 Times in 4,268 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1158963

Amazing how these minors names were published but car jacking thugs of the same age here are “released to their parents” and no names published.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to VatorMan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2024, 9:56pm   #87
LATB
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.2%

Thanked 24,868 Times in 11,295 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
Amazing how these minors names were published but car jacking thugs of the same age here are “released to their parents” and no names published.
White privilege gets your name in the papers.
LATB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 10:50pm   #88
owc6
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 23.9%

Nod

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATB View Post
White privilege gets your name in the papers.
Dang it, that right there, is white privilege.
owc6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 7:07am   #89
Frankie the Fink
A Real Barner
Activity: 56.8%

Thanked 3,992 Times in 1,808 Posts

Quote:

Yes I did some damned stupid things in my youth, many on motorcycles and potentially lethal....and I got caught at times (like these @holes) and paid the price, a ticket, a fine, ass-whipping by Dad, or, whatever. Serious consequences are what made me stop.

I AM sick of well-off, undisciplined kids getting off because Daddy can afford expensive lawyers.....ever hear of "affluenza"; yeah that's an actual defense now. To wit, we're so rich we don't know right from wrong. F*ck 'em.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/what-happ...en-ethan-couch

You spewed a lot of electrons into cyberspace defending apparent felons...
Frankie the Fink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 8:29am   #90
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 21.9%

Thanked 7,298 Times in 3,234 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
You're conflating passengers drinking with drunk driving. You're also conflating a sober driver who had one beer with a drunk driver.
I don't think he is. I don't know about TX of FL, but in NJ, it is illegal for passengers to drink alcohol in a vehicle that is on the road, ESPECIALLY if said passenger is underage.

I don't see how he is conflating a driver who had one beer (we could argue if he is truly "sober" or not, but I'll leave that aside), and a drunk driver. Assuming our "one beer" driver is of legal age, then he is not breaking the law but the drunk driver is. The kids in the boat were breaking multiple laws, drinking underage and illegally dumping trash at the very least, and probably at least a few more. I'd be looking into where those kids got all that beer myself, the kids are almost certainly not the only guilty parties here.

Quote:
This is no different than your child getting suspended from school because when the school bully attacked your kid, your kid defended himself. Zero tolerance.
It's totally different. The kids on the boat, even if they weren't the ones dumping the trash, chose to put themselves into that situation. The kid that got attacked by the bully had no choice.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 10:57am   #91
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 21.9%

Thanked 7,298 Times in 3,234 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newby View Post
The cops had the dumpers identified the very next day, just trying to decide which route to take with them.

Boca Bash is nothing more than a gigantic drunk.
These kids, since they were all underage, decided to dump the evidence rather than get arrested for BUI and the boat confiscated by FWC.

These guys' writing is almost as bad as Don Rickles'
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 10:36am   #92
Onebadcad
Barn Stall Owner #116
Doesn't have a big thing
Activity: 99.8%

Thanked 9,886 Times in 4,976 Posts

Update:

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/lo...o-authorities/

Quote:
BOCA RATON, Fla. – Two teens have been charged after video showing them dumping out two trashcans from a boat off the shores of Boca Raton sparked intense scrutiny, according to News 6 partner WPLG.

Nearly a week after the video went viral, the Florida Fish And Wildlife Conservation Commission announced two juveniles have turned themselves in.

Authorities charged both 16-year-old Michael Kirby and 15-year-old Charles Ruth with third degree felony cause pollution.

The video captured by drone on Sunday shows a group of young people on a boat in the Boca Inlet illegally dumping two trash cans of garbage into ocean.

A trail of trash could be seen floating in the water while one of the boaters posed for the passing drone as the boat headed back to the popular event called Boca Bash.

FWC launched its investigation a day after the video was posted.

In a statement, FWC investigators said they quickly identified two of the juveniles.

As swells of backlash grew, many demanded someone be held accountable.

The two teens said to have polluted the waters have since turned themselves in to authorities, FWC said in its statement, to face the consequences for violating the laws related to polluting the waters.

The chairman of FWC Rodney Barreto wrote, in part:

“This is a teaching moment for all those involved—Florida’s natural resources are precious, and we should all do our part to protect them.”

Additionally, the family of one of the teens released a statement following the arrests.

“We take the responsibility of caring for our oceans and our community very seriously, and we are extremely saddened by what occurred last weekend at Boca Bash. We want to extend our sincerest apologies to everyone who has been impacted and rightfully upset by what occurred.

“Our family and our counsel have remained in touch with FWC since we were first contacted by them and have continued to cooperate with all authorities.

“As a family, we agree with FWC Commissioner Rodney Barreto that this is a teaching moment for the young kids involved and they should certainly participate in community service and ocean conservation efforts to deepen their understanding of the importance of our community and environment.”
The parents of one of the young teens involved

The felony charges that the teens are facing carry up to a $50,000 fine and up to five years in jail.
Onebadcad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Onebadcad For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2024, 11:25am   #93
LATB
A Real Barner

They will be found guilty. Dad will pay the hefty fine. The boys will do a half hearted job of the community service.
The Following User Says Thank You to LATB For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2024, 12:48pm   #94
Millenium Vette
Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 2.6%

Thanked 2,703 Times in 1,558 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6269655

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATB View Post
They will be found guilty. Dad will pay the hefty fine. The boys will do a half hearted job of the community service.
Nah, it will be pled down to a juvie offense and will come off their records at a later date. The boat owner is the real piece of shit. Letting the kid take the boat to there in the first place. I've been boating since I was six and my dad always instilled in me the responsibility that comes with taking the boat out. Something that is with me to this day.
Millenium Vette is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Millenium Vette For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2024, 12:50pm   #95
LATB
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenium Vette View Post
Nah, it will be pled down to a juvie offense and will come off their records at a later date. The boat owner is the real piece of shit. Letting the kid take the boat to there in the first place. I've been boating since I was six and my dad always instilled in me the responsibility that comes with taking the boat out. Something that is with me to this day.
Appears to be a case of affluencia.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LATB For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic