The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Florida Boaters Caught on Video Dumping Trash Directly Into the Ocean (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137600)

zeek 05-02-2024 6:08pm

Florida Boaters Caught on Video Dumping Trash Directly Into the Ocean

I hope these scumbags get turned in. Boca bash started as a birthday party for a good friend of mine back in 07. It has morphed into an insane boating event. Too bad there are POS like this that ruin it for folks....:yesnod:

"...A group of Florida boaters were caught on camera dumping bins of trash directly into the water in Florida.

According to reports, it appears that the incident occurred during the Boca Bash on Sunday, April 28, an annual event that draws thousands of boaters, most of whom are there to party.

The party, which is held in Lake Boca Raton, isn’t affiliated officially with the city of Boca. It has an interesting origin story.

The event originally started as a birthday bash for then-local Rockey Rossi,..."

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/flor...180039967.html

Big bob 05-02-2024 6:11pm

They already know who they are 15 to 18 years old so far. :leaving:

LATB 05-02-2024 6:12pm

Quote:

But one group was caught doing something really shitty
This is journalism today. :rolleyes:

Yadkin 05-02-2024 6:12pm

What the **** is wrong with Florida men?

Onebadcad 05-02-2024 6:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yadkin (Post 2254948)
What the **** is wrong with Florida men?

Almost none are born here, and usually most aholes here are tourists.
The natives who are aholes voted for fjb at least ten times!!

Yadkin 05-02-2024 6:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onebadcad (Post 2254952)
Almost none are born here, and usually most aholes here are tourists.
The natives who are aholes voted for fjb at least ten times!!

They didn't choose where they were born, but they chose where they decided to live. Based on the fact that the boat has three massive engines, I'd say that they are permanent residents.

Onebadcad 05-02-2024 6:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yadkin (Post 2254954)
They didn't choose where they were born, but they chose where they decided to live. Based on the fact that the boat has three massive engines, I'd say that they are permanent residents.

Florida has tens of thousand of boats out there daily, vast majority of boaters are not aholes.
These aholes need to suffer the full hammer of The Law.

GTOguy 05-02-2024 6:21pm

Quote:

Compensation boat? Towed by a Compensation Truck?:)

LATB 05-02-2024 6:24pm

Quote:

Hole-up hombre…
Based on the boat having three outboards is evidence that they are permanent Florida residents?

Onebadcad 05-02-2024 6:31pm

Three engine boats went out of style twenty years ago down here:

https://www.soundingsonline.com/.ima...2/img_0882.jpg

BTW, outboards are for poor folks, unless you got a Viking, you are low-end.
FLORIDA probably has more Vikings than the other 49 combined:

https://themaritimealliance.org/wp-c...0722a6e_54.png

Yadkin 05-02-2024 6:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LATB (Post 2254961)
Hole-up hombre…
Based on the boat having three outboards is evidence that they are permanent Florida residents?

I doubt that it's a rental.

LATB 05-02-2024 6:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yadkin (Post 2254972)
I doubt that it's a rental.

You would be surprised how many boats are kept in Florida by out of state owners.

Steve_R 05-02-2024 6:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LATB (Post 2254975)
You would be surprised how many boats are kept in Florida by out of state owners.

Including bubbas from North Carolinuh who’ve been observed throwing trash overboard.

Big bob 05-02-2024 6:45pm

Quote:

Just like any place else only a few good months. :seasix:

Onebadcad 05-02-2024 6:47pm

Quote:

Those with STACKS have a FLORIDA vacation home and / or a boat in in marina.

Marina space in FLORIDA is a tough get these days.
I know of a dood, may be family, he may have to buy an intercoastal home this year as cannot find a marina that meets his needs, slip size and not on the end of the dock.
Problem here is his condo has a great oceanfront view he would miss, so I graciously told him I could manage the new home, and, of course, live there to ensure high-quality management.

LATB 05-02-2024 6:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onebadcad (Post 2254983)
Those with STACKS have a FLORIDA vacation home and / or a boat in in marina.

Marina space in FLORIDA is a tough get these days.
I know of a dood, may be family, he may have to buy an intercoastal home this year as cannot find a marina that meets his needs, slip size and not on the end of the dock.
Problem here is his condo has a great oceanfront view he would miss, so I graciously told him I could manage the new home, and, of course, live there to ensure high-quality management.

I used to keep my Mako CC sport fisher at a marina in a lift on the water, Destin Harbor, at $400 per month in the 1990’s. Today that same slip is two grand.

Yadkin 05-02-2024 6:53pm

Quote:

I might so. High dollar boat that you rarely use. Kinda dumb...

Yadkin 05-02-2024 6:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 2254980)
Including bubbas from North Carolinuh who’ve been observed throwing trash overboard.

All flatlanders are pretty much the same. :D

Onebadcad 05-02-2024 6:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LATB (Post 2254987)
I used to keep my Mako CC sport fisher at a marina in a lift on the water, Destin Harbor, at $400 per month in the 1990’s. Today that same slip is two grand.

Alton Road Marina, what us locals call it, actually Miami Beach Marina, www.miamibeachmarina.com , is world-class, and next to all things, was once accessible, but no more, as city got damn greedy.

The dood used to rent it for 2+ weeks every year, stopped five years ago, as they went from $7.00/foot per day to $11.00/foot, so he was paying almost $900/day, so that is $20K for three weeks.

He now takes boat to Key West for two months at under $15K/month.

There is almost no space at good marinas from Miami north to Stuart.

LATB 05-02-2024 7:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yadkin (Post 2254990)
I might so. High dollar boat that you rarely use. Kinda dumb...

There are boats and RV’s and cars that are expensive and see very little use.
Marinas and storage facilities are huge business in Florida.

Hell there million dollar 2nd homes that sit empty most of the year.