Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2011, 5:38pm   #41
themonk
Barn Stall Owner #65
Activity: 3.7%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5394274

Quote:
Originally Posted by repo View Post
3 days for arguing with 8nal8r, ( he didnt get banned), then got a week when someone else called him out and I responded with a LOL, and that was a personal attack.
Personal attack, biggest bunch of BS I've heard, all that is is a thin veil for the ego f'ks over there to use as "you are banned because of".

Hey douchewads, yeah you know who you are, we all see through your crap and that's why you've lost so many members, do you hear me, honk on bobo.

2003 C5 'vert. (white)
2000 Cadillac STS. (white)
1981 Camaro Z28 4spd 350. (white)
themonk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to themonk For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 5:39pm   #42
bradc6
Barn Stall Owner #2
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13
Activity: 1.7%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $178824

Never banned. Just a bunch of users (think we all know who they are) made it harder and harder to stay around. The Liz event made it easy to walk away.
bradc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bradc6 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 5:46pm   #43
Datawiz
VB Dad of the Year
RDBM
Barn Stall Owner #9

Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 27.1%

Thanked 21,476 Times in 8,456 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $35999378

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool View Post
Because I forwarded these to the NCM.

Joe,

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THESE.

If you will remember, this all started in 2007. This was the first year that I started making badges for Cruise-In. At that time, St. Jude was the Forum Charity, as it still is.

It was my offering to donate $10 from each badge to St. Jude for my effort. That year, I made over 260 badges. I paid for the supplies out of my own pocket. Supplies and postage cost me personally over $3 per badge, and yet I charged $10 for a badge and donated $10 for a badge.

I spent 550+ hours of my own personal time, blood, sweat and tears to make this donation to St. Jude, my charity of choice.

This morphed into the making of T-shirts both before, and for sale during, that year's Cruise-In. In fact, you should remember the 12' banner very well that was graciously donated by Yell01, and improved by WNeal with all of the fiber-optic lights.

As far as Liz goes, SHE NEVER ONCE solicited t-shirts sales ANYWHERE, except at the adjoining hotels.

At the end of the day, I was personally responsible for $11,000 due to this fund raiser for St. Jude in 2007.

It appears that everyone, and their brothers, wanted to jump on my coat tails and claim me as their own. I have continued to donate all of my time, up until 12/31/2010, even during the Pay-it-forward thread, where I personally gave away $1,100 of my own hard-earned cash. Several hundred of that went to St. Jude due to the generosity of the recipients of my gifts.

All that being said, you will notice in the "Vette Barn May get together thread", I have offered to do badges for this site again, and donate the proceeds to the NCM.

Given the cash cow that I was for St. Jude over the past 4 years, it troubles me that it exploded as it did, between Adam Boca's emotions and Robert and Jesse's emotions, when, it was just one guy, donating hundreds and hundreds of hours of his own time to raise a great deal of cash.

I have not posted at CF in 3 days, and I don't suspect I will be posting soon.

While I care very much about St. Jude, and will likely continue to donate personally to the cause, I'm pretty much done with my former life of being a big shot of fundraising on that forum.

I feel violated and sad that all of the greed and politics tried to dictate to whom I could donate my hard efforts toward.

Craig

Last edited by Datawiz; 01-10-2011 at 5:56pm.
Datawiz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Datawiz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 5:59pm   #44
lspencer534
Dorkapottamus
Barn Stall Owner #52
Activity: 4.6%

Thanked 20,246 Times in 6,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9339471

Quote:
Originally Posted by datawiz View Post
Joe,

If you will remember, this all started in 2007. This was the first year that I started making badges for Cruise-In. At that time, St. Jude was the Forum Charity, as it still is.

It was my offering to donate $10 from each badge to St. Jude for my effort. That year, I made over 260 badges. I paid for the supplies out of my own pocket. Supplies and postage cost me personally over $3 per badge, and yet I charged $10 for a badge and donated $10 for a badge.

I spent 550+ hours of my own personal time, blood, sweat and tears to make this donation to St. Jude, my charity of choice.

This morphed into the making of T-shirts both before, and for sale during, that year's Cruise-In. In fact, you should remember the 12' banner very well that was graciously donated by Yell01, and improved by WNeal with all of the fiber-optic lights.

As far as Liz goes, SHE NEVER ONCE solicited t-shirts sales ANYWHERE, except at the adjoining hotels.

At the end of the day, I was personally responsible for $11,000 due to this fund raiser for St. Jude in 2007.

It appears that everyone, and their brothers, wanted to jump on my coat tails and claim me as their own. I have continued to donate all of my time, up until 12/31/2010, even during the Pay-it-forward thread, where I personally gave away $1,100 of my own hard-earned cash. Several hundred of that went to St. Jude due to the generosity of the recipients of my gifts.

All that being said, you will notice in the "Vette Barn May get together thread", I have offered to do badges for this site again, and donate the proceeds to the NCM.

Given the cash cow that I was for St. Jude over the past 4 years, it troubles me that it exploded as it did, between Adam Boca's emotions and Robert and Jesse's emotions, when, it was just one guy, donating hundreds and hundreds of hours of his own time to raise a great deal of cash.

While I care very much about St. Jude, and will likely continue to donate personally to the cause, I'm pretty much done with my former life of being a big shot of fundraising on that forum.

I feel violated and sad that all of the greed and politics tried to dictate to whom I could donate my hard efforts toward.

Craig
Thank you for posting that! You're quite a man, Craig.
lspencer534 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lspencer534 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 6:03pm   #45
prospero63
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.8%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $700255

I don't remember exactly. I think some n00b posted for a carfax and I replied to the effect of "dumbass".
prospero63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 6:07pm   #46
VatorMan
Barn Stall Owner #122
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'17
Activity: 3.9%

Thanked 8,447 Times in 4,268 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1158963

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospero63 View Post
I don't remember exactly. I think some n00b posted for a carfax and I replied to the effect of "dumbass".
Dude !
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VatorMan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 6:08pm   #47
Gozar
A Real Barner
Activity: 1.7%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11985

Because I stated (in a thread I did not create) that if they were going to ban Liz for posting a picture that had an ex-moderator in it then I didn't need to be there. *poof* Permabanned with no email, message, nothing.
Gozar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gozar For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 6:14pm   #48
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,765 Times in 758 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8563902

Quote:
Joe,

Craig
Ridiculous isn't it? All the work you and to a much lessor extent I put in raising thousands for St. Judes only to be tossed aside when we want to work with the NCM too.

I told Jessie lets combine fund raising for St. Judes and the NCM and was immediately shot down. He said people who wanted to contribute to St. Judes wouldn't want that money going to the NCM. So fine, I did my own thing for the NCM. He then said my NCM auctions were taking money away from his efforts. Those two ideas are in conflict with each other.

What really chapped my ass was when he would complement us in public threads and then hammer us in private PM's. Then when he banned me for a bogus reason, one of the admins (Gee, I wonder who) went in and deleted all my PM's related to NCM fund raising between him, Jim, Bucky, and myself. Unfortunately for them, I had saved hard copies.

The guy has an ego the size of Texas. He doesn't even realize its his own actions that will kill the cash cow he's been milking.

On a side note, I thought his head was going to explode when I told him he should support Obama care because then all sick kids would get treated.
Joecooool is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joecooool For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 6:16pm   #49
The_Dude
Barn Stall Owner #113
Bantayan Kids '14
Activity: 45.2%

Thanked 17,553 Times in 7,208 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $306898

Quote:
I miss the cat trapping threads.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Dude For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 6:21pm   #50
bsmith
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 8.4%

Thanked 2,195 Times in 1,106 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1002313

I instigated the avatar protest when IB Dale'd the forum.
Banned for hostility toward a tool.
I was banned a week later for continued hostility.

Guilty on all charges.
bsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bsmith For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 6:22pm   #51
Datawiz
VB Dad of the Year
RDBM
Barn Stall Owner #9

Barn Raising I,II
GTMS ‘18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool View Post
Ridiculous isn't it? All the work you and to a much lessor extent I put in raising thousands for St. Judes only to be tossed aside when we want to work with the NCM too.

I told Jessie lets combine fund raising for St. Judes and the NCM and was immediately shot down. He said people who wanted to contribute to St. Judes wouldn't want that money going to the NCM. So fine, I did my own thing for the NCM. He then said my NCM auctions were taking money away from his efforts. Those two ideas are in conflict with each other.

What really chapped my ass was when he would complement us in public threads and then hammer us in private PM's. Then when he banned me for a bogus reason, one of the admins (Gee, I wonder who) went in and deleted all my PM's related to NCM fund raising between him, Jim, Bucky, and myself. Unfortunately for them, I had saved hard copies.

The guy has an ego the size of Texas. He doesn't even realize its his own actions that will kill the cash cow he's been milking.

On a side note, I thought his head was going to explode when I told him he should support Obama care because then all sick kids would get treated. :D
That's funny as hell.

At the end of the day, I will ALWAYS be a giving person, but as soon as it becomes expected, or worse yet, people start fighting over who should be entitled to financially benefit from my efforts, I walk away. For the record, when Adam bitched about the St. Jude fundraising that year, that was a huge catalyst of what pissed me off. This was MY thing, not the Forum's thing. Yet, I've done a ton for the NCM as well.

Anyone remember NavyC5 and I auctioning off our Z06's for autocross at Cruise-In X? That money went to the NCM. Hell, it may have gone to them simply out of guilt, but it went to them none-the-less. Burnt C6 and his son both got to race my $80,000 car. (oh yeah, Liz too. )

I got a thank you letter that said I would be receiving recognition in the Spring edition of the NCM magazine. That never happened. I don't care, as I don't do what I do for people to thank me.

IC started the thread about what the Forum charity should be for VB. He's a big supporter of the NCM, thus I will support the NCM. Has nothing to do with Adam, Jesse, Robert, you, Liz, or anyone else. It's my choice.
The Following User Says Thank You to Datawiz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 6:26pm   #52
prospero63
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.8%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $700255

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
I miss the cat trapping threads.
Stopped trapping them when I kept getting mice in the garage. Cause and effect is a fickle bitch...
prospero63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 6:27pm   #53
repo
A Real Barner

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith View Post
I instigated the avatar protest when IB Dale'd the forum.
Banned for hostility toward a tool.
I was banned a week later for continued hostility.

Guilty on all charges.
Not really. That wasn't hostility like WE really know it.

They were just protecting their sacred asshole cop.
repo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to repo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 6:28pm   #54
Mark C5
Barn Raising I

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $167111

I started the thread "Are you kidding me", announcing Liz's permaban. Tact banned me for a week and Jesse followed it up with a premaban a couple hours later.
Mark C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mark C5 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 6:29pm   #55
Datawiz
VB Dad of the Year
RDBM
Barn Stall Owner #9

Barn Raising I,II
GTMS ‘18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark C5 View Post
I started the thread "Are you kidding me", announcing Liz's permaban. Tact banned me for a week and Jesse followed it up with a premaban a couple hours later.
I knew you were going to get shit-canned.
Old 01-10-2011, 6:40pm   #56
Mark C5
Barn Raising I

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $167111

Quote:
I knew you were going to get shit-canned.
It was kinda inevitable huh?
Mark C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mark C5 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 6:40pm   #57
bsmith
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 8.4%

Thanked 2,195 Times in 1,106 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1002313

Quote:
Originally Posted by repo View Post
Not really. That wasn't hostility like WE really know it.

They were just protecting their sacred asshole cop.
I think it is ridiculous, but I knew what I was doing and where it would lead.

I'm still chuckling about the PM exchange over NN still hijacking threads.
bsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 6:42pm   #58
Datawiz
VB Dad of the Year
RDBM
Barn Stall Owner #9

Barn Raising I,II
GTMS ‘18

Quote:
It was kinda inevitable huh?
Given the players involved, and past histories, yes. You, as well as MANY MANY others, were simply casualties in a bullshit personal vendetta.

Christ, once my post about St. Jude vs. NCM makes it back to that place, I'm sure I'll have a very interesting PM, assuming I can even access PM's at that time.
Old 01-10-2011, 6:43pm   #59
1911fool
A Real Barner

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5315788

Quote:
I wonder who else got bans in that thread, Lander and I did.
1911fool is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1911fool For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 6:44pm   #60
Avette4me
Vette Barn Regular

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $757

Quote:
You?

Shocking...
Avette4me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Avette4me For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic