Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2016, 12:39pm   #1
onedef92
Vette Barn Deacon
Barn Raising II
Activity: 0%

Thanked 9,190 Times in 4,542 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $21169452
Default Dental Damn! Indiana man has all of his teeth removed during trip to dentist

Family outraged after Indiana man has all of his teeth removed during trip to dentist

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Tuesday, April 12, 2016, 10:17 AM

A trip to the dentist turned into a nightmare for an Indiana man after all his teeth were removed — and his family is demanding answers.

Donny Grigsby was only supposed to lose four teeth, not all of them, during a visit to White River Dental in Columbus last month.

"I am so ashamed now. I have no teeth," he told WRTV.

Grigsby's wife Amanda was in the waiting room for more than five hours, and the next time she saw her husband he had blood on his shirt and was not responsive, according to the station.

He flatlined twice in an ambulance en route to the hospital, she said.

"He had been put into a medically induced coma, and he was laying there crying," Amanda told WRTV.

The Grigsbys had been told that all the teeth were removed because of a potentially dangerous infection that could have spread.

Donny Grigsby told the station that he has blood clots as a result and uses an oxygen tank. He is in such pain that he can't work.

"This dentist needs to be stopped," Amanda told the station.

In one of two statements released through Karen Cantou Consulting, White River dental said "every patient and issue is different and we evaluate each and every part of the oral cavity and the health of the patient before presenting a treatment plan."

The first of the two statements, released Saturday, also notes that Dr. Aaron Strickland, of White River Dental, was born with a congenital birth defect that "resulted in 18 oral related surgeries."

"Because of my own dental history, it has been my life goal to be the best dentist I can possibly be and to treat my patient in the way that I want to be treated,” Strickland said in the statement, according to WRTV.

Strickland and Dr. Brittany Curnutt are the two practicing dentists listed on the White River Dental website.
onedef92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 1:13pm   #2
GentleBen
Barn Stall Owner #84
Barn Raising II,III,IV

NCM Supporter '12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 4.9%

Thanked 1,754 Times in 824 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $112749

I guess that he will be drinking his meals through a straw now that all of his teeth have been removed.

I had a buddy who had taken a bird strike while riding his motorcycle without a helmet. It was a big crow that knocked him off his Harley. When he gathered himself up he got back on his bike and road to the hospital where they wired his jaw shut. For the next month or so, everything he ate had to be "liquified". I once saw him put a Double Whopper with Cheese into a blender, pour in a Corona beer, and pulse the blender until everything was a gooey mess which he then drank. It looked disgusting. . .
GentleBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 1:14pm   #3
DAB
Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Activity: 15.5%

Thanked 33,312 Times in 14,228 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17500122

all i want for Christmas is my two front teeth...
DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 3:17pm   #4
Gina
Barn Raising II
Activity: 0.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2252396

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentleBen View Post
I once saw him put a Double Whopper with Cheese into a blender, pour in a Corona beer, and pulse the blender until everything was a gooey mess which he then drank. It looked disgusting. . .
I'm sure it was just as disgusting as it looked! When I was 19, I broke my jaw in a car wreck. My mouth was wired shut for 2 months. Someone told my mother that a hamburger would taste great puréed in a blender. They lied! I almost threw up, which could have killed me, due to aspiration. I had to keep scissors with me at all times in case of vomiting, to cut the rubber bands.

They wanted to pull one of my molars so I could get thicker liquids through, but I refused. They tried to put a nasogastric tube in to feed me, I refused that too. I got down to 84 lbs. I couldn't have made it much longer, but I was stubborn.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic