PDA

View Full Version : Bitter summer freeze bites eastern states as summer gives way to snow and cold

Tinkerbell in Texas
12-21-2010, 9:47am
Bitter summer freeze bites eastern states as summer gives way to snow and cold | News.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/bitter-summer-freeze-bites-eastern-states-as-summer-gives-way-to-snow-and-cold/story-e6frfq80-1225974173962)

:D

Exotix
12-21-2010, 10:01am
Bitter summer freeze bites eastern states as summer gives way to snow and cold | News.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/bitter-summer-freeze-bites-eastern-states-as-summer-gives-way-to-snow-and-cold/story-e6frfq80-1225974173962)

THONGS and board shorts gave way to beanies and scarves yesterday as summer gave way to a wintry blast of snow and icy temperatures in the country's southeast.

Looks ****ty cold over Australia ...

Australia Weather

Australia Weather | news.com.au (http://weather.news.com.au/)

http://i55.tinypic.com/1447fx5.png

Tinkerbell in Texas
12-21-2010, 10:19am
19.2 c = 66 f
18.0 c = 64 f
13.5 c = 56 f
10.2 c = 50 f
7.1 c = 45 f

not quite "summer" temperatures

mrvette
12-21-2010, 1:35pm
19.2 c = 66 f
18.0 c = 64 f
13.5 c = 56 f
10.2 c = 50 f
7.1 c = 45 f

not quite "summer" temperatures

And to boot, I"m ffffrreeezzzinkgmy ASS off here in ffflreioriddaa....

it'sssf feeekeing ccc'coooleldk out there......

dddddddaamit.....

:dance::o_o::lol:

Tinkerbell in Texas
12-21-2010, 1:41pm
And to boot, I"m ffffrreeezzzinkgmy ASS off here in ffflreioriddaa....

it'sssf feeekeing ccc'coooleldk out there......

dddddddaamit.....

:dance::o_o::lol:

what's the temp there today?

mrvette
12-21-2010, 1:51pm
what's the temp there today?

My stat says 65f right now in the shade out back....it was 45f overnight....

but it IS south Geo jawh SW corner of Jax off I 95 and 295 by maybe 3 miles....

my house faced directly west, and so the window is in back, so facing east....this time of year the sun is obviously lo on horizon...

DAMN it was a neat eclipse this AM Linda out taking pix...and so from 3-4 am we out front in the CLEAR SKY....thought them stars were like in the high plains of AZ/NM.....something RARE for a east coaster.....

:lol::o_o:

Peter Pan
12-21-2010, 1:55pm
Just another ho hum winter day in Central Texas, should be close to 80:D

mrvette
12-21-2010, 2:01pm
Just another ho hum winter day in Central Texas, should be close to 80:D

I have posted many times....I spent 53 years in the Wash Dc region of Maryland, and so I moved south to keep WARM .....

the arthritis started some 25 years ago, and so moved here 13 years ago....

I feel about the same these daze as what up north my last winter there....

HATE winter.....keep the Global Warming coming ON.....

BURN those old dinosaurs.....for whatever it is/was/may be.....:lol::dance:

Tinkerbell in Texas
12-21-2010, 2:08pm
My stat says 65f right now in the shade out back....it was 45f overnight....

but it IS south Geo jawh SW corner of Jax off I 95 and 295 by maybe 3 miles....

my house faced directly west, and so the window is in back, so facing east....this time of year the sun is obviously lo on horizon...

DAMN it was a neat eclipse this AM Linda out taking pix...and so from 3-4 am we out front in the CLEAR SKY....thought them stars were like in the high plains of AZ/NM.....something RARE for a east coaster.....

:lol::o_o:

turn up the furnace or put another sweater on! I totally understand.....we hate being cold too. It makes my knee ache.
We missed the eclipse....too cloudy for us. :(

Tinkerbell in Texas
12-21-2010, 2:15pm
December snow for the Alps | The Australian (http://weather.theaustralian.com.au/news/december-snow-for-the-alps/15643)
December snow for the Alps
Anthony Duke
Saturday December 18, 2010 17:41 EDT

Cold air from the south in an upper level trough and widespread cloud cover has caused temperatures across the southeast to plummet. On Saturday, day time temperatures across Victoria, South Australia and parts of NSW were around 5 and 17 degrees below average.
In South Australia Moomba Airport just reached 19 degrees, 17 below average. This is 3 degrees colder than their December minimum average.

Elsewhere the places were in the Victorian Alps where temperatures were as cold as those seen in October. Mount Buller only managed to reach 2 degrees, 13 below average. Falls Creek warmed to just 3 degrees, the coldest it has been in December for 19 years.

Wind gusts on the Alps around 50 to 70 km/h made temperatures feel more like minus 7!

Temperatures are forecast to stay down over the next 48 hours in the southeast, bringing the potential for snow flurries on higher ground.

Overnight on Sunday, temperatures are predicted to step below zero with Mount Hothom set to drop to minus 2. With temperatures this low, precipitation is likely to fall as snow to as low as 1200m.

Temperatures are set to return to around average by mid-week in time for Christmas.

- Weatherzone

© Weatherzone 2010

mrvette
12-21-2010, 2:23pm
turn up the furnace or put another sweater on! I totally understand.....we hate being cold too. It makes my knee ache.
We missed the eclipse....too cloudy for us. :(

My knees are the last to go, but they are on the way.....

I need a new skeleton, one of them new ones outta stainless or something, maybe put a zirk fitting in the joints?? something gotta give here....

:dance::lol::nono:

Z06PDQ
12-21-2010, 5:41pm
87 here today. though about going swimming. :D

mrvette
12-21-2010, 7:33pm
87 here today. though about going swimming. :D

GOOD, Texas weather has a fair chance of sweeping east and over NORTH Florida....we need rain alright....come spring I wonder about the house foundation.....but gotta say...13.5 years ago, a thunderstorm here was the very FIRST WARM RAIN I ever felt in my life....age 53.....WARM rain, as in giddy like a kid type soap in a swim suit under the drops/and gutter drip over....

It can be August up in Maryland, and it's a COLD rain....don't matter what....

:dance::hurray::hurray::lolsmile::o_o: