PDA

View Full Version : Tsa

Broken Wind
11-18-2010, 2:12pm
Does anyone here agree with what's happening at these TSA airport security checkpoints?

Lowcash
11-18-2010, 2:26pm
I fly fairly often and it is no big deal to me. I have been through a LOT tougher security screening flying into Israel, so a pat down or x-ray machine is smaller than an ant hill to me.

Lowcash
11-18-2010, 2:29pm
I wonder what happened to those 'ionizers' they were using? You walk into a 'chamber' and it hits you with puffs of air then analyzes it for explosive, chemical, drug dust.

Washington Dulles had a couple last year but I have not seen them anywhere else since then.

ChasC5
11-18-2010, 6:43pm
I fly fairly often and it is no big deal to me. I have been through a LOT tougher security screening flying into Israel, so a pat down or x-ray machine is smaller than an ant hill to me.

:iagree: im just trying to get to the Bar. :D

Exotix
11-18-2010, 7:53pm
Bush & Cheney are certainly enjoying this ... so I was a little amused when the Coultergeist called the Obama Admin nazis on this one ...

http://i52.tinypic.com/2079htt.gif

Munch
11-18-2010, 8:21pm
I wonder what happened to those 'ionizers' they were using? You walk into a 'chamber' and it hits you with puffs of air then analyzes it for explosive, chemical, drug dust.

Washington Dulles had a couple last year but I have not seen them anywhere else since then.

Last time I flew out of Detroit they had one but didn't make me go through it.

I think if they wanted to be serious about it they would have armed soldiers in the airports like in other countries, plus it would be kind of cool.

Lowcash
11-18-2010, 11:30pm

I think if they wanted to be serious about it they would have armed soldiers in the airports like in other countries, plus it would be kind of cool.

They did that for a bit after 9/11. Many overseas airports still have guys roaming around the airports with automatic weapons and dogs.

ChasC5
11-19-2010, 7:59am

I was there last week and I saw the same ... but I did get a pat-down.

Dude grab may azz ... :skep: I said easy there Cowboy, I didn't get Flowers yet. :D

He just laughed and said sorry about that. :cheers:

Exotix
11-19-2010, 4:53pm
I was there last week and I saw the same ... but I did get a pat-down.

Dude grab may azz ... :skep: I said easy there Cowboy, I didn't get Flowers yet. :D

He just laughed and said sorry about that. :cheers:

Apparently, the (R)'s want to scrap the TSA and go privatized ... of course my sexy dirty mind immediately went to Faux Noize Bimbo's patting down my *private* parts ...

:lolsmile:

:o_o:

Munch
11-19-2010, 7:46pm
Apparently, the (R)'s want to scrap the TSA and go privatized ... of course my sexy dirty mind immediately went to Faux Noize Bimbo's patting down my *private* parts ...

I am totally for this as long as they say "Your papers, zey are not in order" first. :drool:

Broken Wind
11-20-2010, 3:39pm
I'm more than a little surprised that you guys are so accepting of what is going on. Why am I, a conservative, writing to and supporting the ACLU on this issue? I thought the left was the side that rabidly protected our individual rights.

These new procedures are a blatant disregard of the 4th amendment, are completely un-hygienic (an RN or MD would lose their license to practice if they did what TSA is doing), and to top it off, do nothing to keep me and my family safer in the skies.

It's not really a political isssue, it's common sense.

Lowcash
11-20-2010, 7:36pm
I go with the flow. It is a procedure that is not up to me to argue or cause a 'stir' with at the time. If I was that 'upset' about the procedure I would simply not fly, but with my job that is not an option and it does not bother me.

People are also complaining about the x-ray thing. Again, it is not a big deal to me it is just part of the process. I have nothing to hide and don't really care about what they see. I've been to enough 'curious' foreign countries and have probably been video taped in every room in various stages of dress.

Those that are 'upset' about this security should never fly into Israel. Me and the rest of the passengers got a very personal examination (maybe 4 minutes total).

1. empty all pockets (paper.. money.. everything), remove belt, shoes and jackets
2. remove laptop
2. walk through metal detectors
3. wait while they examine my passport and ask questions.
4. get a thorough pat down -- legs, midsection, back, front, arms and shoulders.
5. go through separate wand scan, front, back and bottom of each foot
6. get your stuff off the x-ray belt.
7. pull insoles out of shoes then wand scan the shoes as well (after they have been through the machine).
8. wait while they open every pocket on your carry on.
9. open Tylenol and med bottles ... send them through the scanner separately
10. power on laptop and iPod
11. explain wires in the bag -- iPod cable, blackberry cable, camera battery charger, blackberry charger, spare camera batteries.
12. get re-dressed and re-assemble the contents of your bag.

So a simple x-ray picture and or pat-down makes me laugh; but that's just me. I don't feel the skies are any more or less safer than they were prior to this stuff, but then again a lot of people thought it was 'safe' prior to 9/11.

Y2Kvert4me
11-20-2010, 8:36pm
I don't feel the skies are any more or less safer than they were prior to this stuff, but then again a lot of people thought it was 'safe' prior to 9/11.Relatively speaking, they are now, and were then.

The current "fix" still can't account for those unarmed men that proved capable of hijacking aircrafts.

As for other countries, we strive to not be like them, so although you have endured their practices, that doesn't mean we wish those loss of freedoms applied in the USA. Just "because they do it", doesn't mean we need to.

Sh!ts gonna happen when and where you least expect it...sure you can plug some holes AFTER things happen, but burdening everyone isn't the best solution. The devious-minded will move on and soon exploit the next unrealized gap in protection.

And by doing so, they are getting their wish, slow but sure. In an overwhelming effort to "protect us", we will in turn sacrifice more freedoms in order to somehow prevent such acts of war from happening again.
But that's the part that won't ever happen. 9/11 happened to be commercial aircraft, but what "vehicle" will be next, that slips by completely undetected?

It's very political, and our foes are slowly getting exactly what they want as a result, new legislation based nothing more than on historic events, wearing down American's beliefs in freedom, and they will continue to exploit that until we no longer believe in the term freedom.

:cheers:

zz4vetteguy
11-20-2010, 8:39pm
It don't bother me....I have nothing to hide, I know they are doing their jobs to try to keep us safe...and unless I have to, I don't fly anyways.

ChasC5
11-21-2010, 8:50pm
It don't bother me....I have nothing to hide, I know they are doing their jobs to try to keep us safe...and unless I have to, I don't fly anyways.

:iagree: they can grab my package all day, so long as they don't let any ass holes in. :D

Broken Wind
11-21-2010, 9:09pm
I know they are doing their jobs to try to keep us safe...

Except they're not. If they were serious about keeping us safe, they would profile.

ChasC5
11-21-2010, 10:37pm
:iagree: they can grab my package all day, so long as they don't let any ass holes in. :D

And I mean ALL AZZ-Holes :yesnod:

Because I fly a lot and there's a Azz-Hole on every Flight. :skep:

Looks like the profiling never gets the real pricks. :yesnod:

Jbust3
11-21-2010, 11:26pm
Fly a lot around the world , Germany airports, agents will stop you the terminal and do a random search , kabul worst I have ever experienced , UK a little stricter than US, UAE about like the US ... I personally feel that none of these security procedures violate my rights no more or less than the helmet law or the seat belt law :)

Lowcash
11-22-2010, 7:48am
YouTube - New SNL TSA Commercial Airport Screening Pat Downs Procedures X-Ray

:D

Broken Wind
11-22-2010, 7:55am
It looks like we're just going to have to agree to disagree. I am truly surprised at the responses here, though.

ChasC5
11-22-2010, 8:44am
It looks like we're just going to have to agree to disagree. I am truly surprised at the responses here, though.

We now live in at different world; :yesnod:

Change has come, whether we embrace it or not, it’s here. :cheers:

Peter Pan
11-22-2010, 9:34pm
I for one will not go through the new x-ray machine and in the past when they had to do a pat down I made them take me into a private area and of course another got to watch, this is my right and I will do it this way in the futurehttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c293/elsloan22/emotions/american_flag.jpg

ChasC5
11-22-2010, 9:37pm
I for one will not go through the new x-ray machine and in the past when they had to do a pat down I made them take me into a private area and of course another got to watch, this is my right and I will do it this way in the futurehttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c293/elsloan22/emotions/american_flag.jpg

:cheers: have a nice flight :D

Peter Pan
11-22-2010, 10:11pm
:cheers: have a nice flight :D

I do and they can do the extra security to ensure our safety, I will not be padded down in front of everyone or will I go through the new x-ray machines. I almost always have a nice flight:cheers:

Taxed Enough Already

ChasC5
11-23-2010, 8:11am
I got nothing to hide … and thus, nothing to be angry or bitter about. :cheers:

leec4ce
11-24-2010, 9:17am
Bush & Cheney are certainly enjoying this ... so I was a little amused when the Coultergeist called the Obama Admin nazis on this one ...

http://i52.tinypic.com/2079htt.gif

Hey don't forget to include Biden: "I drafted a terrorism bill after the Oklahoma City bombing. And the bill John Ashcroft sent up was my bill," he said when the Patriot Act was being debated, according to the New Republic, which described him as "the Democratic Party's de facto spokesman on the war against terrorism."