PDA

View Full Version : I still like Obama

Joecooool
09-22-2010, 7:22pm
I voted for him specifically because I want to see this country socialize healthcare. I think he did as much as he could and I for the most part am happy with the bill. Its the first step in government taking over the system and that day can't come soon enough.

The economy was already in the toilet when he took office so that mess is W's fault. The bail out probably kept the country from a full scale depression.

I have said since before the Iraq invasion that the war was pointless and a waste of time, money and American lives. I am please that we are now pulling out. I have also supported the Afghan war and am happy to see that being beefed up with more troops.

About the only ***** I have with the guy is I wish he would end "Don't ask, don't tell". Truman integrated the military by executive order, Obama could - and should - do the same.

I voted for him and am still happy I did. :patriot:

WKMCD
09-22-2010, 8:43pm
I sincerely hope he passes a bill to give everyone in the country - legally or illegally - brand new ZR1's. Forget that the country can't afford it. My granddaughter will be happy to pay for it.

I hope you are aware that in the history of this country exactly ONE goevernment project has come in on time and without huge costs overruns - the Hoover Dam. EVERYTHING else cost much more than the governemt originally projected. I have no doubt the unaffordable healthcare plan will follow the same trend.

BHO's promise of transparent governance is a joke. His healthcare plan was passed in the back rooms and on private plane trips - with a lot of arm twisting.

Who says that people who haven't spent the time and money I have getting educated, taken the risks that I have and worked everyday since I was 16 should live in the same kind of house I do, drive the same cars I do or get the same healthcare treatment I do.

FLAT TAX
TERM LIMITS
BALANCED BUDGET AMMENDMENT

Problem solved.

Rant off.

lutzdog
09-23-2010, 12:40am
Amen I agree. But the best part of the shewt that was forced down my young throat is now buried in page 3290849875098675 of the bill I am now going to have to claim what my job pays for thier part of providing me health care. Not only is my health care now 9700 a year I now have to claim it as freaking income. How is that fair.

Broken Wind
09-23-2010, 7:26am
I voted against him, cancelled out your vote, and am still happy I did. :cheers:

Cobra4B
09-23-2010, 10:41am
We're facing an overpopulation problem on this planet... I think ****ty healthcare can help to weed out some of the non-producers.

Vet4jdc
09-23-2010, 4:53pm
I voted against him, cancelled out your vote, and am still happy I did. :cheers:

:lolsmile::lolsmile:

WKMCD
09-23-2010, 5:27pm
We're facing an overpopulation problem on this planet... I think ****ty healthcare can help to weed out some of the non-producers.

Unfortunately, while most people believe in evolution we are now trying to defy and manipulate it. The are whole countries now facing starvation and desease because the land won't support the population. As horrible as it sounds, propping them up temporarily is just that - temporary.

Z06PDQ
09-24-2010, 3:24pm
I voted for him specifically because I want to see this country socialize healthcare. I think he did as much as he could and I for the most part am happy with the bill. Its the first step in government taking over the system and that day can't come soon enough.

The economy was already in the toilet when he took office so that mess is W's fault. The bail out probably kept the country from a full scale depression.

I have said since before the Iraq invasion that the war was pointless and a waste of time, money and American lives. I am please that we are now pulling out. I have also supported the Afghan war and am happy to see that being beefed up with more troops.

About the only ***** I have with the guy is I wish he would end "Don't ask, don't tell". Truman integrated the military by executive order, Obama could - and should - do the same.

it's just deplorable that it took supposedly the most modern nation on the planet decades to catch up with the rest of the civilized world when it comes to health care. GM's bailout was a huge success & everyone knows it saved our last manufacturing base & economy from ruin. I have no regrets about voting for him either. :seeya: :cheers:

Peter Pan
09-25-2010, 9:56am
No problem until you become a senior, oh there benefits are being cut 50 billion a year so us young ones can have socialized healthcare. This is going to mean down the road a few years when you get sick you might as well die as you no longer are productive to the Federal Govt, sad state we are facing. At the moment in 22 states they have refused to sell children only policies, why our great congress and the POTUS passed and signed a bill without telling the insurance companies what to put in it for benefits, this is really good, 2600 pages and no guidance. It is a sad day when we socialize our country, I served to have freedom of choice not being told I had to be forced to purchase a product or be fined, not freedom.

Oh bailing out GM and Chrysler, us tax payers will not be paid back anytime soon, we saved a few jobs and lost several million GM, Chrysler and supplier jobs with those billions spent. The war in IRAQ we have not spent what the failed 860+ billion in stimilus we added to our deficit in one swell year. Look at those 2 million dollar each jobs saved or created in Los Angeles, really effective spending. The current congress and POTUS are leading us straigt to being owned by China and other countires. I think the Rep are not going far enough in there projected spending roll back. We should roll back to 2000 spending levels and everyone will have to take a hit. The current spending levels are showing we are running out of taxpayers money and even if Bush's tax cuts expire we are still in trouble with the current regimes spending habits, they make the last 2 years of Bush's run when demos controlled congress look like penny pinchers.

What is going on now in America is now owned by Obama, two years of spending uncontrolled has not helped ( 9.6% unemployment and will not go above 8%), we should of let the banks, GM and all of those mortgages fail, it would have hurt more then, but we would be better off now not having the Govt running private business, socilaism has failed everywhere else, will be no different in America, my 2 cents as a freedom loving citizenhttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c293/elsloan22/emotions/flag4.jpg

zz4vetteguy
09-25-2010, 8:02pm

If someone is man or woman enough to stand up, fight, and possibly even die for for their country, does it really matter what their sex, race, religion, orientation, or anything else is? If I was in better shape I would still enlist at my age, but since I am not, I have no problem supporting ANYONE who is willing to.

Unfortunately, while most people believe in evolution we are now trying to defy and manipulate it. The are whole countries now facing starvation and desease because the land won't support the population. As horrible as it sounds, propping them up temporarily is just that - temporary.

First off, 70% of my music time is donated for charity events and raising money for this cause or that cause, so I am not opposed to helping others, but we have our own problems right here, lets stop sending help everywhere else and take care of ourselves, cause they sure as hell are not going to help us.

I voted for Obama since he was in my opinion the lesser of the two evils of two canidates I really did not care for. Sometimes I stand by my vote, sometimes I regret it.

Z06PDQ
09-25-2010, 8:07pm
No problem until you become a senior, oh there benefits are being cut 50 billion a year so us young ones can have socialized healthcare. This is going to mean down the road a few years when you get sick you might as well die as you no longer are productive to the Federal Govt, sad state we are facing. At the moment in 22 states they have refused to sell children only policies, why our great congress and the POTUS passed and signed a bill without telling the insurance companies what to put in it for benefits, this is really good, 2600 pages and no guidance. It is a sad day when we socialize our country, I served to have freedom of choice not being told I had to be forced to purchase a product or be fined, not freedom.

Oh bailing out GM and Chrysler, us tax payers will not be paid back anytime soon, we saved a few jobs and lost several million GM, Chrysler and supplier jobs with those billions spent. The war in IRAQ we have not spent what the failed 860+ billion in stimilus we added to our deficit in one swell year. Look at those 2 million dollar each jobs saved or created in Los Angeles, really effective spending. The current congress and POTUS are leading us straigt to being owned by China and other countires. I think the Rep are not going far enough in there projected spending roll back. We should roll back to 2000 spending levels and everyone will have to take a hit. The current spending levels are showing we are running out of taxpayers money and even if Bush's tax cuts expire we are still in trouble with the current regimes spending habits, they make the last 2 years of Bush's run when demos controlled congress look like penny pinchers.

What is going on now in America is now owned by Obama, two years of spending uncontrolled has not helped ( 9.6% unemployment and will not go above 8%), we should of let the banks, GM and all of those mortgages fail, it would have hurt more then, but we would be better off now not having the Govt running private business, socilaism has failed everywhere else, will be no different in America, my 2 cents as a freedom loving citizenhttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c293/elsloan22/emotions/flag4.jpg

now, that's just coo coo. :willy: do you have any idea how many people would have hit the streets if GM was allowed to fail? the estimates are 3,000,000 plus. do you honestly think we could have twenty million people unemployed & still maintain our economy? don't you know these people are the economy? :skep:the Wall Street bailout started with Bush, coo coo man. have you forgotten already? :nono: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-usmvYOPfco

Z06PDQ
09-25-2010, 8:48pm
GOP fiscal plan would raise debt $4 trillion: report | Raw Story (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/09/gop-plan-raise-debt-4-trillion/)

Peter Pan
09-27-2010, 2:27pm
now, that's just coo coo. :willy: do you have any idea how many people would have hit the streets if GM was allowed to fail? the estimates are 3,000,000 plus. do you honestly think we could have twenty million people unemployed & still maintain our economy? don't you know these people are the economy? :skep:the Wall Street bailout started with Bush, coo coo man. have you forgotten already? :nono: YouTube - Alan Grayson on the GOP Health Care Plan: "Don't Get Sick! And if You Do Get Sick, Die Quickly!"' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-usmvYOPfco)

It was ok to save the few GM workers highly paid union ones and the suppliers that had to close there doors to support this. Detroit in the car factory area is mostly a ghost town, all those those closed factories, David Bing the Mayor tearing down the areas that are abandoned, seems everyday now I see another 1 or 2 Michigan plates in San Antonio alone, our wasted tax $$ that we will not be paid back so the Govt can control another industry. You Dems fail to remember that the Dems already controlled congress in 2008 with the start of the Bailouts, it is not all on Bush, but Dems do not get it:cheers:

Peter Pan
09-27-2010, 2:31pm
GOP fiscal plan would raise debt $4 trillion: report | Raw Story (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/09/gop-plan-raise-debt-4-trillion/)

I do not want my taxes raised, stop spending my money and giving it to those how do not want to work or want things for nothing, we are becoming a country were 53% pay federal taxes as to many are on the roles, raising taxes will only allow more handouts, but dems like that, more voters that way:cheers:

WKMCD
09-27-2010, 3:48pm
I do not want my taxes raised, stop spending my money and giving it to those how do not want to work or want things for nothing, we are becoming a country were 53% pay federal taxes as to many are on the roles, raising taxes will only allow more handouts, but dems like that, more voters that way:cheers:

Note to self:

Only people who have the privilege of paying taxes have the privilege of voting.

Y2Kvert4me
09-27-2010, 4:37pm
Note to self:

Only people who have the privilege of paying taxes have the privilege of voting.Terrific idea.

Or at least go back to the old-school way of just requiring someone be alive to be voter-eligible.

But hey, the gov has proven to screw that basic verification process up, why not entrust them with our personal health care, and manage our personal 401k accounts too! :hurray:

Everything works better when the Gov't controls it, didn't you know? :slap:

WKMCD
09-27-2010, 6:29pm
Terrific idea.

Or at least go back to the old-school way of just requiring someone be alive to be voter-eligible.
:slap:

That's hasn't been a qualification in Chicago politics for decades. :skep:

Where'd that BHO fella come from again?

Z06PDQ
09-27-2010, 7:11pm
That's hasn't been a qualification in Chicago politics for decades. :skep:

Where'd that BHO fella come from again?

did the Bush's come from there, too? I'm thinking about the rigged voting. remember? :rofl:

Z06PDQ
09-27-2010, 7:13pm
It was ok to save the few GM workers highly paid union ones and the suppliers that had to close there doors to support this. Detroit in the car factory area is mostly a ghost town, all those those closed factories, David Bing the Mayor tearing down the areas that are abandoned, seems everyday now I see another 1 or 2 Michigan plates in San Antonio alone, our wasted tax $$ that we will not be paid back so the Govt can control another industry. You Dems fail to remember that the Dems already controlled congress in 2008 with the start of the Bailouts, it is not all on Bush, but Dems do not get it:cheers:

*MY* taxes aren't being raised. neither is the overwhelming majority of Americans. why should we give you a free pass? :lolsmile:

WKMCD
09-27-2010, 7:25pm
So we're back to the he's not Bush argument...We get it.:p

Y2Kvert4me
09-27-2010, 8:12pm
GOP fiscal plan would raise debt $4 trillion: report | Raw Story (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/09/gop-plan-raise-debt-4-trillion/)*MY* taxes aren't being raised. neither is the overwhelming majority of Americans. why should we give you a free pass? :lolsmile:If most Americans wouldn't benefit, then why would it cost so much money to continue a popular policy that's been in effect for many years now? :skep:

My parents are among the ones that could benefit (if their old vacation cottage sells), even at their current sub-$30k/yr income level.

I guess they are among the rich ballahs you so greatly envy?
FWIW, they used to be die-hard Democrats. That's no longer the case.

:cheers:

Peter Pan
09-27-2010, 8:42pm

Only libs think that the current spending and 9.5% unemployment is Bush's fault.

Z06PDQ
09-27-2010, 9:00pm

a wise man once said "to know where you are, you have to remember from where you came." :cheers:

Z06PDQ
09-27-2010, 9:09pm
If most Americans wouldn't benefit, then why would it cost so much money to continue a popular policy that's been in effect for many years now? :skep:

My parents are among the ones that could benefit (if their old vacation cottage sells), even at their current sub-$30k/yr income level.

I guess they are among the rich ballahs you so greatly envy?
FWIW, they used to be die-hard Democrats. That's no longer the case.

most Americans *will* benefit. you don't understand that. "envy?" I envy no one. I am perfectly happy with my financial situation. these tax cuts combined with outrageously expensive wars is what has brought us to where we are financially. it didn't work. now it's time to fix it. :yesnod:

Peter Pan
09-27-2010, 9:47pm
most Americans *will* benefit. you don't understand that. "envy?" I envy no one. I am perfectly happy with my financial situation. these tax cuts combined with outrageously expensive wars is what has brought us to where we are financially. it didn't work. now it's time to fix it. :yesnod:

Obama' 1st year deficit was more than we spent on the wars, last time I looks at where American Soliders are stationed, like Korea, Germany and others are the results of stopping the communist and the Nazi. Not saying wars are good, but spreading democracy in my lifetime has been mostly through conflict, pull our troops out of the mid east and another 9-11 is on our door step.

The federal govt is to big and spending what we do not have is the biggest problem. I want smaller govt, less spending and leave our taxes alone.

Y2Kvert4me
09-27-2010, 9:59pm
most Americans *will* benefit. you don't understand that. Yes, that pretty much sums it up.

Too bad you already used that fact to show you are against it.

WKMCD
09-28-2010, 5:42am
*MY* taxes aren't being raised. neither is the overwhelming majority of Americans. why should we give you a free pass? :lolsmile:

I'm in line to pay over $100k in Federal taxes on earned income this year without rescinding the tax cuts. The good news is - I can. The bad news is a lot of that money is going to be spent to support people who's day includes watching Judge Judy and trying to figure out the next government entitlement to scam.

We've created social and economic cripples but handing out money and demanding nothing in return. Workfare not Welfare. The TVA had the right idea years ago. Pay one person to dig a hole and another to fill it up. If you don't like it - go get a job.

There is something fundamentally wrong when we "take care" of the able bodied - and that includes all the SSI cheaters.

I have no problem supporting a safety net for people in trouble but we've created a way of life for too many.

Raising the capitol gains tax will create a blood bath in the market. People aren't talking about that. I've been holding some stocks for 25 years to be the foundation of my retirement. Looks like I'll be cashing those out before the end of the year and paying taxes at a higher rate than I had planned on in a few years.

I've taken the chances over the years in both my career and investments. I've lost a bunch and made a bunch. I've stumbled professionally and worked in some amazingly bad situations but I always figured a way to come out positive. I paid for my own education even though my parents were certainly capable. The American way is supposed to reward the track I've taken.

WTF has happened to this country?

FLAT TAX
TERM LIMITS

Problem solved!

Z06PDQ
09-28-2010, 7:04am
Obama' 1st year deficit was more than we spent on the wars, last time I looks at where American Soliders are stationed, like Korea, Germany and others are the results of stopping the communist and the Nazi. Not saying wars are good, but spreading democracy in my lifetime has been mostly through conflict, pull our troops out of the mid east and another 9-11 is on our door step.

The federal govt is to big and spending what we do not have is the biggest problem. I want smaller govt, less spending and leave our taxes alone.

Translation: I want government to stop spending on everything but the Military Industrial Complex.

Z06PDQ
09-28-2010, 7:15am
I'm in line to pay over $100k in Federal taxes on earned income this year without rescinding the tax cuts. The good news is - I can. The bad news is a lot of that money is going to be spent to support people who's day includes watching Judge Judy and trying to figure out the next government entitlement to scam.

We've created social and economic cripples but handing out money and demanding nothing in return. Workfare not Welfare. The TVA had the right idea years ago. Pay one person to dig a hole and another to fill it up. If you don't like it - go get a job.

There is something fundamentally wrong when we "take care" of the able bodied - and that includes all the SSI cheaters.

I have no problem supporting a safety net for people in trouble but we've created a way of life for too many.

Raising the capitol gains tax will create a blood bath in the market. People aren't talking about that. I've been holding some stocks for 25 years to be the foundation of my retirement. Looks like I'll be cashing those out before the end of the year and paying taxes at a higher rate than I had planned on in a few years.

I've taken the chances over the years in both my career and investments. I've lost a bunch and made a bunch. I've stumbled professionally and worked in some amazingly bad situations but I always figured a way to come out positive. I paid for my own education even though my parents were certainly capable. The American way is supposed to reward the track I've taken.

WTF has happened to this country?

FLAT TAX
TERM LIMITS

Problem solved!

I agree about the "entitled" people. it's a biiiig problem. so is trying to fix a dangerously ailing economy while cutting taxes. I think an "FDR" type program like the WPA is what we need. I think drug screening & mandatory work ethics should be used. you don't show up, or you show up high=you're fired. I think welfare recipients should be drug screened. I have to pee in a bottle & I pay their checks with my taxes. "the market" isn't our economy & even though it's not where it was in the Clinton years, it's doing better. the wealthy are scared to death of a flat tax. term limits? hell yeah! balanced budget amendment? with the Party of No in there? :lol: never happen.

WKMCD
09-28-2010, 8:10am
the wealthy are scared to death of a flat tax.

I don't consider myself wealthy but I make a good living. If there were a flat tax based on revenue requirements my taxes would be considerably less and offset by everyone paying a fair share. The current tax system is grossly unfair. A standard percentage of all peoples income is fair.

Cobra4B
09-28-2010, 8:10am
The American way is supposed to reward the track I've taken.
It really boils down to this... this is what makes America.... the freedom to take risk and make something.... but far too many don't believe that anymore. So many people think you had to have lied, cheated, and stole if you created any wealth.

Most people see a Michael Jordan or a Tiger Woods and understand that they make the money they do becuase they can do things nobody else can do. However, when it comes to the CEO of a large corporation everyone thinks "I can do that" or "They don't really work".... they have no clue what it takes or how many hours those people work.

Z06PDQ
09-28-2010, 5:02pm
I don't consider myself wealthy but I make a good living. If there were a flat tax based on revenue requirements my taxes would be considerably less and offset by everyone paying a fair share. The current tax system is grossly unfair. A standard percentage of all peoples income is fair.

I would vote for it. the Wealthy Elite are frightened of it. do you know why? can you guess? :D

WKMCD
09-28-2010, 5:45pm
I would vote for it. the Wealthy Elite are frightened of it. do you know why? can you guess? :D

The current tax system is bull$hit! It's grossly unfair. Why are people with a few dollars against raising taxes?

Probably because the already pay a disproportionate amount of tax. Might be because they've worked hard all their lives and don't want to pay for the lazy asses to stay home and make babies. It's possible they don't want to pay for people who haven't paid into the system sucking the teet dry. Could be because they f'ing worked hard and f'ing earned every f'ing dollar.

Just a guess. :skep:

If we went to a flat tax system the tax rate for the highest tax payes would be reduce considerably. Projections for a revenue neutral flat tax amount is 17%. There are a whole lot of people paying a lot more than than. The AMT should be struck down immediately! I can almost do a short form for all my honest deductions are worth.

Sneaks
09-28-2010, 8:07pm
I agree with the flat tax. Set an amount, this is what you make, this is what you owe. But hell, that would be way too easy, and make way too much sense then wouldn't it. :leaving:

Cobra4B
09-28-2010, 8:13pm
I'm all for anything logical and a flat tax is just that. It doesn't make any sense to have a progressive tax system. I laugh when people say, "Well you make more so you should pay more!" Did these peopel skip the chapter on percentages, ratios, and proportions in school?

What do you Obamalovers think about his latest attack on Fox news in RollingStone? What kind of President stoops so low as to attack a news channel? You can hate on GWB all you want, but he never once complained about his horrible treatment in the media. Now you have a news station that reports facts and doesn't tow the line for the progressive agenda dn they're detrimental to the country?!? What ever happened to the first ammendment? What about how CNN and MSNBC are horribly left?

Newsflash you can have a conservative tone/leaning but report fair and honest news. The only one who's a bit of a spinner on Fox is Hannity and even when he does it he does it with more of a sarcastic "wink wink" tone about it.

Garb55
09-28-2010, 8:31pm
http://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/politics-religion-controversy/3856-tribute-our-president-oboma.html#post46596

Z06PDQ
09-29-2010, 12:06pm
I'm all for anything logical and a flat tax is just that. It doesn't make any sense to have a progressive tax system. I laugh when people say, "Well you make more so you should pay more!" Did these peopel skip the chapter on percentages, ratios, and proportions in school?

What do you Obamalovers think about his latest attack on Fox news in RollingStone? What kind of President stoops so low as to attack a news channel? You can hate on GWB all you want, but he never once complained about his horrible treatment in the media. Now you have a news station that reports facts and doesn't tow the line for the progressive agenda dn they're detrimental to the country?!? What ever happened to the first ammendment? What about how CNN and MSNBC are horribly left?

Newsflash you can have a conservative tone/leaning but report fair and honest news. The only one who's a bit of a spinner on Fox is Hannity and even when he does it he does it with more of a sarcastic "wink wink" tone about it.

the Wealthy Elite don't want a flat tax. think about it. no more hiding & dodging via overseas accounts & tax breaks. do you think the term "tax shelter" was invented by middle class Americans? :lolsmile: Obama is right for "going after" Fox. they are nothing but an extension of the Party of No. :yesnod: they corrupt the minds of the low information voters with lies & misinformation. :seeya:

WKMCD
09-29-2010, 2:52pm
the Wealthy Elite don't want a flat tax. think about it. no more hiding & dodging via overseas accounts & tax breaks. do you think the term "tax shelter" was invented by middle class Americans? :lolsmile: Obama is right for "going after" Fox. they are nothing but an extension of the Party of No. :yesnod: they corrupt the minds of the low information voters with lies & misinformation. :seeya:

Keep drinking the KoolAid.

Eveything you said is total BS. The AMT catches a huge number of people = including those with some success that you obviously envy. I did a little excersize a couple of years ago. I wanted to see how my taxes would change if I gave 1 million to charity, paid 1 million in mortgage interest, etc, etc, etc. Guess what, I changed my taxes not one dime. Once you hit the AMT is doesn't make any difference how many "tax breaks" you have.

Stop hating the wealthy 99.9% got that way by busting their ass. Name me one poor person who has ever given anybody a job.

McLeod
09-29-2010, 5:27pm
Well said my friend.:hurray:

Y2Kvert4me
09-29-2010, 5:35pm
I'm not quite understanding how tax evasion and income tax rate have merged into one topic?

If people can successfully avoid 35% taxation by holding income offshore, how would avoiding the 17% tax rate trouble them? :confused5:

WKMCD
09-29-2010, 5:45pm
Well said my friend.:hurray:

I should have credited my friend Damian for the "Name me one poor person who has given anybody a job." Succinct and very accurate.

ChasC5
10-01-2010, 7:53am

I Voted for Obama; but I thought he totally underestimated this countries resistance to change. There people who are less than 10 or 20 years away from requiring affordable Health Care and they rejected it months before it ever stated. Based on information they received from individuals who get free Health Care from the American Tax payers.

How many of us get our performance advice for our Corvette from Honda owners?

He also totally underestimated how deep American Fears go and what they are willing to believe.

Exotix
10-01-2010, 8:23am
:seeya:

ChasC5
10-01-2010, 8:28am
:seeya:

WhazUp ... :seeya: