PDA

View Full Version : GM returns to profit

Z06PDQ
05-17-2010, 10:08am
AFP: GM returns to profit in 2010 first quarter (http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5g0Yn_7OjgwIeqsh-1JduHhd9ZAiw)

Peter Pan
05-18-2010, 9:58am
It will be good when they pay off the Govt, I hope it is by the time I need another new vehicle, do not want a new Govt Motors onehttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c293/elsloan22/emotions/55425421.gif

Z06PDQ
05-18-2010, 9:59am
It will be good when they pay off the Govt, I hope it is by the time I need another new vehicle, do not want a new Govt Motors onehttp://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c293/elsloan22/emotions/55425421.gif

afraid it would only turn left? :rofl:

Peter Pan
05-18-2010, 10:01am
afraid it would only turn left? :rofl:

No do not want the Obama to profit anymore from me than the increase in taxes I will be sending his way so half of America does not have to send in any and get bigger handouts:dance:

Z06PDQ
05-18-2010, 10:12am
No do not want the Obama to profit anymore from me than the increase in taxes I will be sending his way so half of America does not have to send in any and get bigger handouts:dance:

uh.....you DO know the American taxpayer [that's you & I] are shareholders in this deal? :D

Peter Pan
05-18-2010, 10:14am
uh.....you DO know the American taxpayer [that's you & I] are shareholders in this deal? :D

Yes and I did not want the bailout, they should have failed, like many of the smaller business that were owed by GM, my taxes to prop up Detroit is not a good idea in my book, oh unions got the sweet deal here:yesnod::yesnod:

Z06PDQ
05-18-2010, 10:17am
Yes and I did not want the bailout, they should have failed, like many of the smaller business that were owed by GM, my taxes to prop up Detroit is not a good idea in my book, oh unions got the sweet deal here:yesnod::yesnod:

ok. I'll put you down for "wants Obama to fail at any cost to our country, even if it means we join the Third World as the greatest depression the world has ever known washes over us like a poisonous tsunami" :cheers:

Peter Pan
05-18-2010, 10:25am
ok. I'll put you down for "wants Obama to fail at any cost to our country, even if it means we join the Third World as the greatest depression the world has ever known washes over us like a poisonous tsunami" :cheers:

No I want America to be on top, following the Euro model will not work, tax and spend, soon my money will run out and then where are we, the printing press is working at the moment, as long as we kiss China's ass, if they stop buying our bonds we will see a depression our country has never seen, trillion dollar deficts will be hard to over come, not enough rich and middle income Americans to fund all this spending:cheers:

Z06PDQ
05-18-2010, 10:31am
No I want America to be on top, following the Euro model will not work, tax and spend, soon my money will run out and then where are we, the printing press is working at the moment, as long as we kiss China's ass, if they stop buying our bonds we will see a depression our country has never seen, trillion dollar deficts will be hard to over come, not enough rich and middle income Americans to fund all this spending:cheers:

China's economy depends mightily on us & it would be crazy to do something so reckless. they know which side of the won ton the butter is on. :D saying "we should have just let GM fail" is reckless too. over 3 million people are directly dependent on GM as vendors & sub contractors. our economy couldn't stand the hit of those people all on the street at once. since when does middle class America make over $200,000/yr? :skep:

leec4ce
05-19-2010, 9:49am

So what you are saying is we has tax payers are paying us shareholders

Z06PDQ
05-19-2010, 12:36pm
So what you are saying is we has tax payers are paying us shareholders

I'm saying "we as taxpayers" made GM a loan & restructured their failed management. if you'll recall, we did nearly the exact same thing with Chrysler when Iacoca was at the helm & it was very successful.we were paid back in full. it's getting pretty obvious that this thing worked, despite all the wailing & gnashing of teeth the "nationalism" fear mongers & union haters espouse . :beer: