DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Location: Not Ceasing & Desisting on the leeward side of Anger Island
Thanked 27,833 Times in 11,749 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9018209

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
By far the BIGGEST mistake was the highly/overly enforced "personal attack" rule.

Calling a dumbass, a dumbass is not reason for vacation. Calling a moron a moron, a liberal a liberal etc, is not a personal attack. It is an opinion. A personal attack "should be" a threat of harm to a person or their family, or their property. "If I ver see you out in public I'm going to kick you in the nuts and molest your wife" is a personal attack that should be dealt with. "Eat a bag of dicks you dumb**** libtard", is not. It is putting someone in their place or expressing deep opposition to their post.
Thanks for using "EABoD" in proper form and context
DJ_Critterus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DJ_Critterus For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2022, 11:53am   #342
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
You realize you're asking a lot from me here.
I've seen your electrical work, and you, sir, are correct.
Old 01-17-2022, 9:27am   #343
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

So, no are there no new bans or anything for us to rave about?
Old 01-17-2022, 9:30am   #344
Learpilot
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 2,638 Times in 855 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $685

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus View Post
Learpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 10:12am   #345
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Thanked 33,581 Times in 13,583 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
A few here have questioned why this thread exists and I like to provide my made up answer that is arriving well after the fact and may not even be accurate.

Many of us belong to both forums...or did.

You are not allowed to speak poorly of the mods in a thread over there.
You are not allowed to speak poorly of them in a PM
You are not allowed to discuss who has been banned
You are not allowed to discuss why they were banned
You are not allowed to discuss who banned them
You cannot say anything negative about that forum, its rules, its leaders, its losers, etc. within that forum.

This is why it gets discussed here. If you can't bitch about your job at work, you bitch about it elsewhere.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2022, 10:23am   #346
Norm
Barn Stall Owner #1776
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Activity: 29.2%

Thanked 15,024 Times in 4,314 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2002001941

Pretty simple game I see, CF has the ball, they control the game, you don't like how the game is played, they say GTFO, it's our ball and game.

Whatever recourse you may have is about discussing the game here. It has been a bit entertaining but I believe you can only beat that dead horse so many times.
The Following User Says Thank You to Norm For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2022, 10:44am   #347
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm View Post
Pretty simple game I see, CF has the ball, they control the game, you don't like how the game is played, they say GTFO, it's our ball and game.

Whatever recourse you may have is about discussing the game here. It has been a bit entertaining but I believe you can only beat that dead horse so many times.
It's my hope that this thread takes on a life of its own and forces changes AND AND AND let's other's know this place is here and will allow them to be adults without the heavy handed moderation required by ego over there.
The Following User Says Thank You to DJ_Critterus For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2022, 11:02am   #348
Norm
Barn Stall Owner #1776
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Activity: 29.2%

Thanked 15,024 Times in 4,314 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2002001941

Quote:
It's my hope that this thread takes on a life of its own and forces changes AND AND AND let's other's know this place is here and will allow them to be adults without the heavy handed moderation required by ego over there.
How many years has this "tug-o-war" been going on now, probably since the inception of VB, what 2009? Or the great bannishment of 2020?

I don't believe there will be any mind changing of attitudes, I see CF just hunkering down even more, and they have the numbers in membership, big numbers where the vast majority could care less about this back & forth between the few here and there.

I have no inside knowledge about relationships between the mods there and folks here, I can only deduct info from what I read here, some of which may be the truth or just a bunch of BS, I'm certainly not privvy to anything.

I suspect this will continue on everytime one gets a bannishment for whatever reason, some of it makes for interesting reading.
Old 01-17-2022, 11:14am   #349
Taurus
A Real Barner
Activity: 14.7%

Thanked 5,724 Times in 2,711 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3895593

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what changes are you hoping for?
Taurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 11:16am   #350
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
How many years has this "tug-o-war" been going on now, probably since the inception of VB, what 2009? Or the great bannishment of 2020?

I don't believe there will be any mind changing of attitudes, I see CF just hunkering down even more, and they have the numbers in membership, big numbers where the vast majority could care less about this back & forth between the few here and there.

I have no inside knowledge about relationships between the mods there and folks here, I can only deduct info from what I read here, some of which may be the truth or just a bunch of BS, I'm certainly not privvy to anything.

I suspect this will continue on everytime one gets a bannishment for whatever reason, some of it makes for interesting reading.
The goal for me, is for that place to suck more and more through attrition. If ONE person leaves there and moves to the Barn, then it's a victory as far as I'm concerned. That being said, in the spirit of "Don't California my Texas" I prefer that the troublemakers stay there and continue to make it even shittier than it is.

The ONLY reason I maintain my membership there is because of the many many threads and the activity. There are only so many consecutive days I feel like saying "good morning" in our bar thread. It gets a bit yawny here at times.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2022, 11:26am   #351
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Quote:

This much is true. Like I said, I hoped this would inspire change. Yeah, they got the numbers, but look at the membership list. How many are fake with years worth of membership and 0-10 posts? They are bots. If there wasn't so much traffic generated by them, the place wouldnt come up first in search engines.

IF the moderation and admin over there changed (for the better) I would politely ask to be re-instated. Hell, it worked for LATB here and over there (minus the moderation/admin change).
Old 01-17-2022, 11:42am   #352
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

In related news, I was let out of FB jail and didn't make it 24 hours before Zuckerberg's goons got me again.

My violation of community standards?

In a post about trains in LA getting robbed of packages (cargo containers getting broken in to), this reply got me another 30 days...

"Shoot them on sight. Easy solution"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2022, 1:41pm   #353
Taurus
A Real Barner

Quote:
This much is true. Like I said, I hoped this would inspire change. Yeah, they got the numbers, but look at the membership list. How many are fake with years worth of membership and 0-10 posts? They are bots. If there wasn't so much traffic generated by them, the place wouldnt come up first in search engines.

IF the moderation and admin over there changed (for the better) I would politely ask to be re-instated. Hell, it worked for LATB here and over there (minus the moderation/admin change).
I'm not sure coming here and bashing CF and their mods is going to inspire much change over there. If anything it probably makes them feel more justified with the actions they're taking. You don't really think someone is going to read the posts here and say "the VB guys are mad at our mods, we must fire them all, change our rules and start over so we can invite them back".

Like I've said before, they read what gets posted here and really don't care. Just sayin..................
Old 01-17-2022, 2:27pm   #354
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
Just out of curiosity, what changes are you hoping for?
I was hoping for less heavy handed moderation with complete fairness, limited censorship and all, but we know that won't happen.
Old 01-17-2022, 2:31pm   #355
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Quote:
I'm not sure coming here and bashing CF and their mods is going to inspire much change over there. If anything it probably makes them feel more justified with the actions they're taking. You don't really think someone is going to read the posts here and say "the VB guys are mad at our mods, we must fire them all, change our rules and start over so we can invite them back".

Like I've said before, they read what gets posted here and really don't care. Just sayin..................
I know they read it, but at least here I can call them out for being douche bags, lazy, and racist (as they should be called out) without getting shut down and banned even when following the "rules" and taking it to PM. Calling out Cumdawg for being a racist and Bloatwave for being lazy not vetting mods in a PM exchange with him for doing nothing about it is what got me the perma.

I reallyhave no issues with any other mods over there. Hell, in the past, Bloatwave, Pewter, Grumpy and others send shit tons of care packages for me to distribute to my soldiers in Afghanistan (piled high in a corner floor to ceiling at times between convoys). They all reached out and helped, but wave and cumdawg ruined that forum for me. Yes, I am pissed because I made tons of friends there over the past 15 years or so and I do miss interacting with them.

And do I care if they read this? Absolutely not. I hope they do and see what other long time members and former members have to say. It won't do any good, but I do hope they read it.
Old 01-17-2022, 3:06pm   #356
Chemtrails99
A Real Barner
Activity: 8.3%

Thanked 1,355 Times in 529 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

The only reason to stay a member has become the ability to use the search function when tracking down some stupid Corvette only maintenance issue....
Chemtrails99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 3:10pm   #357
Taurus
A Real Barner

Quote:
I know they read it, but at least here I can call them out for being douche bags, lazy, and racist (as they should be called out) without getting shut down and banned even when following the "rules" and taking it to PM. Calling out Cumdawg for being a racist and Bloatwave for being lazy not vetting mods in a PM exchange with him for doing nothing about it is what got me the perma.

I reallyhave no issues with any other mods over there. Hell, in the past, Bloatwave, Pewter, Grumpy and others send shit tons of care packages for me to distribute to my soldiers in Afghanistan (piled high in a corner floor to ceiling at times between convoys). They all reached out and helped, but wave and cumdawg ruined that forum for me. Yes, I am pissed because I made tons of friends there over the past 15 years or so and I do miss interacting with them.

And do I care if they read this? Absolutely not. I hope they do and see what other long time members and former members have to say. It won't do any good, but I do hope they read it.
I don't get the racist issue with CD. No disrespect to you but one of the last posts of yours I could find with CD you were quoting his post where he was expressing his respect for the Obamas and you called him out as a racist because he was a black man admiring a black president and ended your post by calling the Muslims "mudslimes".

I don't think we see racism the same way.
Old 01-17-2022, 3:14pm   #358
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:

This....all of this. ^ Pretty much my feelings as well. Grumpy may have sent some warnings my way, but that was back in the CHAS days. No time off that I recall.

I think a "reasonable" person would at least consider comments that call them out as assholes and take a moment to reflect and ask themselves if they were an asshole about some particular issue. I'm not all that reasonable and I do it. I have over-reacted to some of the douche rockets and even though they are douche rockets, I could have gone "high road" and ignored it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2022, 3:18pm   #359
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
I don't get the racist issue with CD. No disrespect to you but one of the last posts of yours I could find with CD you were quoting his post where he was expressing his respect for the Obamas and you called him out as a racist because he was a black man admiring a black president and ended your post by calling the Muslims "mudslimes".

Supporting a black because they are black is racist.
Supporting a black because they are good at what they do, is not.

Until someone conquers time travel and reverses 9/11, I will never respect a muslim of any color... even if they are president.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2022, 3:33pm   #360
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Quote:

There were other posts not just with me, but others that interacted with him, too. And yep, I do call them mudslimes. Also, if you look at other replies, you'll see my issue with him was dealing with things and voting based on skin color instead of character and qualifications.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion