Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-03-2020, 12:13pm   #201
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102
Activity: 24.5%

Thanked 14,217 Times in 4,349 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
Suffice it to say that they are cooking the numbers like crazy. All the "surge in new cases" can be accounted by the changes in accounting in just 9 counties in the entire country. ****ery is afoot, and it's obvious to anyone paying attention in the least. They lied to us about flattening the curve being all they wanted, they lied to us about new cases, about COVID-19 deaths, about basically everything. You know it, I know it, they know we know it, but enough sheep out there lap up their NPC programming to walk around in a zombie state, obeying their controllers.
Your conspiracy theory nonsense is as annoying as the MSM bs.

I am ordering, in some cases preforming tests (when our nurses are overwhelmed) and reporting results to my patients.

We are seeing a massive surge in % positive cases. So you are implying that is BS? My results I see with my own eyes are bullshit? The patients that I KNOW are dying are fabricated?

Are you implying to the patients that have this that None of this is REAL?

Excuse my frustration, but Give ME A FUQQIN BREAK!

I understand that not seeing things with your own eyes removes you from the experience and promotes denial. This is happening and it is REAL.
C3C7NIC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C3C7NIC For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2020, 12:58pm   #202
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 41.7%

Thanked 7,044 Times in 3,110 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C7NIC View Post
We are seeing a massive surge in % positive cases. So you are implying that is BS? My results I see with my own eyes are bullshit?
Percent of what? What are the numerator and denominator to come up with his "massive surge"?

Like I have been saying for a while now, I believe that there were 57,236 new cases found yesterday as reported on this site:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

What I want to know is, how were they found? At this point, there has to be a split between those being tested for an active infection, and coming back positive, and those being tested for antibodies, and coming back positive. I want to know, what is the split?

You have dismissed and/or ignored this before, I don't know why. But IMO, if 99% of those 57,236 are active infections, that really is something to be concerned about, or maybe even alarmed. If 99% of them are from antibody testing, it really isn't anything to worry about at all, is it?
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mick For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2020, 1:36pm   #203
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20,'21
Activity: 55.4%

Thanked 18,531 Times in 8,180 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1030760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Percent of what? What are the numerator and denominator to come up with his "massive surge"?
Percent of people tested. DUH.

I heard the same thing being reported elsewhere. The increases in the number of infections isn't solely due to increased testing - the percentage of tests that come back positive is also increasing.

We'll get to 24 million yet, just you wait and see.
dvarapala is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dvarapala For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2020, 2:33pm   #204
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 53.6%

Thanked 30,508 Times in 14,293 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108033784

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
It's amazing how hospitals fill up when patients STOP DYING !
Inconsiderate bastards.
snide is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to snide For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2020, 2:35pm   #205
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Joe View Post
Come on, man.
Old 07-03-2020, 2:36pm   #206
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post

I heard the same thing being reported elsewhere. The increases in the number of infections isn't solely due to increased testing - the percentage of tests that come back positive is also increasing.

We'll get to 24 million yet, just you wait and see.
Hurry the **** up already.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snide For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2020, 3:08pm   #207
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Activity: 34.6%

Thanked 10,155 Times in 4,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11380138

Quote:

I am ordering, in some cases preforming tests (when our nurses are overwhelmed) and reporting results to my patients.

We are seeing a massive surge in % positive cases. So you are implying that is BS? My results I see with my own eyes are bullshit? The patients that I KNOW are dying are fabricated?

I understand that not seeing things with your own eyes removes you from the experience and promotes denial. This is happening and it is REAL.
Just nine counties account for 70% of new cases and deaths. COVID-19 deaths have been over-counted, and with more testing than ever of course there are more + cases. Countless medical professionals know this, not just me. The reaction to this, and the continued shutdown of our economy is harmful, not helpful. No-one is getting out of this without major hits, and perhaps if you stepped back a bit you'd see that outside of the bubble you are in (we are all in bubbles of some sort) that life goes on, and it's unfair to millions of healthy people to just keep this shit up.

Is it a conspiracy to point out that six states poured COVID+ patients into nursing homes and that nursing home-driven deaths account for a huge percentage of overall deaths? Is is a conspiracy to point out hospitals et al have huge incentives to code COVID? We started out with two ICD-10 COVID codes in Feb or so. We're up to over 200. There's one for practically every possible scenario, and coding that guarantees a certain level of reimbursement over - often far over - what would be normal. Pointing this out is not a conspiracy, and pointing out the political machinations behind this man-made crisis (and it is, China made this world-wide) is not a conspiracy.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2020, 3:19pm   #208
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20,'21

Quote:
Originally Posted by snide View Post
Old 07-03-2020, 3:21pm   #209
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Also those 9 counties account for 10% of the entire world-wide recorded deaths due to COVID. I was born at night but not last night. That is an outlier that deserves major scrutiny.

My initial point in making this thread was to show that many many doctors thought the current guidance should have been different. Those are the doctors whose advice resonates with me on a visceral level because it actually makes sense. I have a scientific background and understand a lot of the basic fundamentals they were basing their advice on. You, and other, disagree with that. You want it different, and by golly you really want us to shut up I guess. But we won't, we're not going to. Why? Because we know that if they get away with this, and they are currently, this will be a recurring thing that will plague us all until they have done what they needed to and then who cares if millions die at that point, the people in power won't that's for sure. Hell, they may desire that. And by then there won't be a single person to stand in their way.
Old 07-03-2020, 3:32pm   #210
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,625 Times in 13,611 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:

I think you are misunderstanding the message.

More tests = more positives
More positives =/= more deaths
Number of "reported" positives feeding statistics = Number of positives X 3

Hospitals are filling up because LESS sick people are DYING. Where are the 18 wheelers used for storing bodies? Where are the stacks and stacks of body bags, mass burials, autopsy tents?
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2020, 3:34pm   #211
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 9.0%

Thanked 11,553 Times in 5,695 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

All I know is that I been into a Spine/Pain control series of Docs for some 3 months now, they finally sent me to a spine sturgeon at a hospital in center of town.....he younger and speaks really rapidly, but well, so wife and I finally went there yesterday....and so he reviewed the disc taken several weeks ago....and said I needed surgery in my lower lumbar region...cut crap out from my nerves leading into my right ass and legs down to foot.....

so I had to go to hospital to get tested for that damn stuoooooopid beer viris, but it going to be another week before the results are in for him to do the spine surgery.....

so another 2 weeks pain before this bullshit can may be finally END!!!!

it's really intense pain and nothing any of the Docs have injected, no matter where has helped not enough to say, anyway....

SO NO, I not happy with all the BS on the medi crap......

mrvette is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrvette For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2020, 3:42pm   #212
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102

Quote:
Just nine counties account for 70% of new cases and deaths. COVID-19 deaths have been over-counted, and with more testing than ever of course there are more + cases. Countless medical professionals know this, not just me. The reaction to this, and the continued shutdown of our economy is harmful, not helpful. No-one is getting out of this without major hits, and perhaps if you stepped back a bit you'd see that outside of the bubble you are in (we are all in bubbles of some sort) that life goes on, and it's unfair to millions of healthy people to just keep this shit up.

Is it a conspiracy to point out that six states poured COVID+ patients into nursing homes and that nursing home-driven deaths account for a huge percentage of overall deaths? Is is a conspiracy to point out hospitals et al have huge incentives to code COVID? We started out with two ICD-10 COVID codes in Feb or so. We're up to over 200. There's one for practically every possible scenario, and coding that guarantees a certain level of reimbursement over - often far over - what would be normal. Pointing this out is not a conspiracy, and pointing out the political machinations behind this man-made crisis (and it is, China made this world-wide) is not a conspiracy.
In no way do I want the shut down to continue, in no way do I wish the reopening to take a step back!

Plain and simple, I want us to save our financial structure and lives at the SAME time. By behaving and listening to common sense recommendations. I agree, some are NOT common sense.

I truly feel that is doable by implementing just a few very simple things, most of which have been repeatedly preached. Small gatherings, distance, wash you freaking hands CORRECTLY and wear a mask WHEN APPROPRIATE. MY 2 yr old granddaughter wears her mask and thinks it’s cool, not one complaint out of her. Pretty sure most damn adults can do it too.

Requiring them in uncrowned open outdoor areas = stupid

Maybe you have proof of something I don’t, I’m not seeing some planned take over of not only the US but the Globe. There is a virus that can be deadly, maybe not to most but to some. And their life is no less valuable than mine .

IMO it is very selfish to refuse to do something that ultimately protects others. Like some hippie tree hugger that refuses to vaccinate their granola munching kids.

Did this COVID thing just turn you into a conspiracy theorist or have you always been of that persuasion? You talked about “they” like the new world order is out to get us all. Maybe I should be the one hiding under my bed from that. Did they send the Saharan dust storm here too?
The Following User Says Thank You to C3C7NIC For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2020, 3:43pm   #213
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Oh, and I should probably point out that the media is eating an HCQ shit-sandwich right now. Not that they'd admit it, but in their blood-lust to prove Trump wrong they scared millions of people away from a treatment that is quite effective and cheap. The cheap part is why it wasn't pushed in certain quarters rhyming with Grouchy, and the effective part wasn't even something our despicable media ever even considered. They hate you. They hate all of you. And if anyone wants, they can find this story on CNN if they don't like my link, because I will never link to CNN out of respect for y'all.
Old 07-03-2020, 3:45pm   #214
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,625 Times in 13,611 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

In other News...COSTCO has stopped selling sheet cakes in order to discourage large gatherings...

Quote:
For now, Costco says it has “no immediate plans” to bring the half-sheet cake back. Maybe someday, when it’s safe to gather in large groups again, we can all enjoy half-sheet cakes from Costco. If you want that day to come sooner rather than later, be smart and wear a mask.
You just can't make this shit up.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2020, 3:58pm   #215
Rikki Z-06
Barn Stall Owner #747-400
Activity: 19.8%

Thanked 28,807 Times in 12,769 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15031693

Quote:
Originally Posted by snide View Post
Rikki Z-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rikki Z-06 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2020, 3:59pm   #216
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17

Quote:
In other News...COSTCO has stopped selling sheet cakes in order to discourage large gatherings...

I might just have to cancel my COSTCO membership because of this.
Old 07-03-2020, 4:09pm   #217
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102

Quote:
Oh, and I should probably point out that the media is eating an HCQ shit-sandwich right now. Not that they'd admit it, but in their blood-lust to prove Trump wrong they scared millions of people away from a treatment that is quite effective and cheap. The cheap part is why it wasn't pushed in certain quarters rhyming with Grouchy, and the effective part wasn't even something our despicable media ever even considered. They hate you. They hate all of you. And if anyone wants, they can find this story on CNN if they don't like my link, because I will never link to CNN out of respect for y'all.
My opinion on that, from experience with patients that I have seen in our hospital system (not based on anything I have seen or read outside of that)

I think that it is possibly helpful in the very early stages or even as a prophylactic in high risk individuals.

It has proven worthless in more advanced cases. None of our critical COVID pt’s responded to it. Once they make it to the ICU, HCQ is useless. It was consequently removed from our treatment protocols. There are many studies parroting these findings.
Old 07-03-2020, 4:16pm   #218
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 12,309 Times in 5,942 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590

Quote:

I thought it was because you can't blow the candles out with a mask on.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrPeabody For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2020, 4:31pm   #219
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 41.7%

Thanked 7,044 Times in 3,110 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post

At the risk of going all FPD on you, do you want to bet on that?

Again, even if you were right (which you aren't), that doesn't account for the shift from ONLY active infection testing to a mix of infection testing and antibody testing.

Don't think I haven't noticed that Nicole continues to ignore my posts. I'm sure she is smart enough to understand the underlying mathematics, but doesn't want to admit her position is untenable.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mick For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2020, 6:20pm   #220
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20,'21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
All I know is that I been into a Spine/Pain control series of Docs for some 3 months now, they finally sent me to a spine sturgeon at a hospital in center of town.....

so another 2 weeks pain before this bullshit can may be finally END!!!!

it's really intense pain and nothing any of the Docs have injected, no matter where has helped not enough to say, anyway....

SO NO, I not happy with all the BS on the medi crap......

That's what you get for taking medical advice from a fish.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic