Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-03-2024, 4:54pm   #21
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20,'21
Activity: 53.6%

Thanked 18,579 Times in 8,211 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1030760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruze View Post
The big issue is (or should be) the loss of freedom by having EVs forced on us.
This does seem to be the most common complaint. And yet to date not one single government anywhere in the US is forcing anyone to buy an EV.

Sure, California made a big announcement about banning the sale of new ICE cars in a few years, but as y'all keep pointing out the infrastructure just doesn't exist to support such a transition. It may still happen, but clearly not on the timetable that California has announced. And since none of you actually live in California, it doesn't affect you anyway.

But don't let reality get the in the way of a good freak out.
dvarapala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 5:27pm   #22
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner
Activity: 77.3%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
The big issue is (or should be) the loss of freedom by having EVs forced on us and the purposeful destruction of the gas vehicle market.

But most Americans do not know what liberty is, so they do not know when it's being taken away, so we're on a downward spiral to tyranny.
Actually, if you own a home, an EV will give you more freedom than a gas car. Gas has been rationed in the past and there is no reason why it can't be rationed in the future. You can't make your own gas at home. Nobody can ration sunshine and with solar panels, you can be independent from rationing. One reason I oppose Hydrogen is the same reason. You can't make enough Hydrogen yourself, being dependent on a government regulated commodity and pricing thereof. If electric rates go up, solar and backup batteries make you independent from any government rationing.
GrandSportC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 5:33pm   #23
Bruze
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.1%

Thanked 9,790 Times in 4,049 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
This does seem to be the most common complaint. And yet to date not one single government anywhere in the US is forcing anyone to buy an EV.

Sure, California made a big announcement about banning the sale of new ICE cars in a few years, but as y'all keep pointing out the infrastructure just doesn't exist to support such a transition. It may still happen, but clearly not on the timetable that California has announced. And since none of you actually live in California, it doesn't affect you anyway.

Holy shit, I don't know where to start. You need some serious history lessons instead of being an internet troll. You're in the same camp as three liberal friends of mine: I asked them in October 2018 if they could define "liberty." Nothing, and still nothing 5+ years later.

The elites are not directly forcing people to buy EVs, but they are regulating gas vehicles into oblivion. Just keep making stricter and stricter rules so at some point they simply won't work. Tiny displacement turbocharged engines working harder and harder to move heavier and heavier cars because of safety and emission mandates -- yeah that's the answer.

Stockholm Sweden is banning gas/diesel vehicles from downtown next year. But don't worry, it will stop there. Global tyranny will not spread.

So unless you want to walk, ride a bike or horse, you will have to buy an EV eventually because gas vehicles will be regulated out of existence. This shouldn't be like rocket science to figure out.

No the infrastructure does not exist for EVs and this is just fine with the global elites. Americans are so spoiled (that includes you) that we take our mobility for granted. Tyrannies usurp liberties, including the liberty of having mobility.

But you're safe, Communism never spreads.

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison, Father of the Constitution

“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people . . . " -- John Adams, Dissertation on Canon and Feudal Law, 1765

"The masses never revolt of their own accord, and they never revolt merely because they are oppressed. Indeed, so long as they are not permitted to have standards of comparison, they never even become aware that they are oppressed." -- George Orwell, "1984"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Reagan defend liberty-.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	94201
Bruze is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bruze For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2024, 5:39pm   #24
sublime1996525
A Real Barner
Activity: 8.3%

Thanked 6,661 Times in 2,985 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1008643

Tesla doesn’t even have Apple CarPlay. Fail.
sublime1996525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 5:41pm   #25
MY03C5Z
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 3.6%

Quote:

Sure, just the largest, most populated state in the US plans to ban ice vehicles in a few years…..but you’re right, that’s no big deal really. No big left wing ideas proposed by CA ever spread around the US…..
MY03C5Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 6:08pm   #26
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,684 Times in 13,642 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Holy shit, I don't know where to start. You need some serious history lessons instead of being an internet troll. You're in the same camp as three liberal friends of mine: I asked them in October 2018 if they could define "liberty." Nothing, and still nothing 5+ years later.

The elites are not directly forcing people to buy EVs, but they are regulating gas vehicles into oblivion. Just keep making stricter and stricter rules so at some point they simply won't work. Tiny displacement turbocharged engines working harder and harder to move heavier and heavier cars because of safety and emission mandates -- yeah that's the answer.

Stockholm Sweden is banning gas/diesel vehicles from downtown next year. But don't worry, it will stop there. Global tyranny will not spread.

So unless you want to walk, ride a bike or horse, you will have to buy an EV eventually because gas vehicles will be regulated out of existence. This shouldn't be like rocket science to figure out.

No the infrastructure does not exist for EVs and this is just fine with the global elites. Americans are so spoiled (that includes you) that we take our mobility for granted. Tyrannies usurp liberties, including the liberty of having mobility.

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison, Father of the Constitution

“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people . . . " -- John Adams, Dissertation on Canon and Feudal Law, 1765

"The masses never revolt of their own accord, and they never revolt merely because they are oppressed. Indeed, so long as they are not permitted to have standards of comparison, they never even become aware that they are oppressed." -- George Orwell, "1984"

Attachment 94201
It is the same tactic used with the clot shot. You aren't "forced" to get it, but you'll sure be a pariah and a prisoner of your own making if you don't get it.

No, you don't "have to" buy an EV, but gas will have a Federal tax of $6.00 a gallon and there will be a highway tax for non-EVs of $5,000.00 per year to drive on US roads, etc. etc.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2024, 6:45pm   #27
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
It is the same tactic used with the clot shot. You aren't "forced" to get it, but you'll sure be a pariah and a prisoner of your own making if you don't get it.

No, you don't "have to" buy an EV, but gas will have a Federal tax of $6.00 a gallon and there will be a highway tax for non-EVs of $5,000.00 per year to drive on US roads, etc. etc.
I hate to agree but if Dems remain in power, this is about to happen. Better leave Liberal states while you can. I personally favor freedom of choice! Democrats are a disease. They ruin everything..
The Following User Says Thank You to GrandSportC3 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2024, 7:09pm   #28
LATB
A Real Barner

Thanked 23,453 Times in 10,612 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

Quote:

Many of the mandates we currently live with are the result of California’s commie ideas.
LATB is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LATB For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2024, 8:53pm   #29
Moond0ggie
A Real Barner
Activity: 2.2%

Also...dont forget , we have already paid billions of our hard earned money in tax dollars towards state & federal subsidies for EV manufacturers & charging station installs .....
Moond0ggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 3:19am   #30
Yadkin
Barn Stall Owner #112
Activity: 99.7%

Thanked 4,544 Times in 2,657 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSportC3 View Post
Actually, if you own a home, an EV will give you more freedom than a gas car. Gas has been rationed in the past and there is no reason why it can't be rationed in the future. You can't make your own gas at home. Nobody can ration sunshine and with solar panels, you can be independent from rationing. One reason I oppose Hydrogen is the same reason. You can't make enough Hydrogen yourself, being dependent on a government regulated commodity and pricing thereof. If electric rates go up, solar and backup batteries make you independent from any government rationing.
Point.
Yadkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 7:20am   #31
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATB View Post
Many of the mandates we currently live with are the result of California’s commie ideas.
unfortunately. That's why it's important to vote to prevent that shit on the federal level. I have no sympathy for the Republican Party and I'm a Libertarian but the Dems are sooooo bad that I vote Republican to vote AGAINST those commies.
Old 01-04-2024, 7:43am   #32
LATB
A Real Barner

Quote:
unfortunately. That's why it's important to vote to prevent that shit on the federal level. I have no sympathy for the Republican Party and I'm a Libertarian but the Dems are sooooo bad that I vote Republican to vote AGAINST those commies.
I'm an Indy and vote for the repub assholes with pinched nose. It is why I like the Trumpster. He's far from perfect but he's not the typical politician.
Old 01-04-2024, 7:51am   #33
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner

Quote:
I'm an Indy and vote for the repub assholes with pinched nose. It is why I like the Trumpster. He's far from perfect but he's not the typical politician.
It sucks to fight evil with evil but it needs to be done. The Dems are becoming true Marxists.
Old 01-04-2024, 7:55am   #34
TheHammer
A Real Barner
Activity: 15.1%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2149

TheHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheHammer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2024, 7:56am   #35
LATB
A Real Barner

Quote:
It sucks to fight evil with evil but it needs to be done. The Dems are becoming true Marxists.
Agree.
Problem is, the repubs would rather lose graciously than win viciously.
Old 01-04-2024, 8:22am   #36
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner

Quote:
Agree.
Problem is, the repubs would rather lose graciously than win viciously.
The REPUBLICAN party is a corrupt piece of shit just like the Dem party. Mitch McConnell is the most corrupt of them all. Hopefully he will be out soon. What an old corrupt fart. He should be sent to a nursing home along with BIDEN.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GrandSportC3 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2024, 8:46am   #37
BRUIZER
A Real Barner
Activity: 4.7%

Thanked 1,425 Times in 623 Posts

Of course you can make your own fuel. It's as simple as making booze. Far more simple and cheaper than attempting to generate and store electrical power.
BRUIZER is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BRUIZER For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2024, 8:49am   #38
GrandSportC3
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUIZER View Post
Of course you can make your own fuel. It's as simple as making booze. Far more simple and cheaper than attempting to generate and store electrical power.
Right, you can easily make 10 to 20 gallons of fuel per week, right?
Don't forget that ethanol does not have the energy density of gas and therefore, the car will run on much lower efficiency, needing more ethanol than you would need gas. So, needing 20 gallons per week is no unrealistic. Also, most cars can't handle pure ethanol. They need at least 10% of gas in the fuel.
You'd have a hard time starting a vehicle in the cold with pure ethanol.
In Brazil, they run pure ethanol (they call it alcool) in their cars but it's a tropical country. In Southern Brazil where it gets cold at times, those ethanol fueled vehicles are very hard to start and that's in temperatures around 50 degrees.. Under 50 degrees, you likely won't be able to stat a car running on pure ethanol at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to GrandSportC3 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2024, 12:53pm   #39
GTOguy
Barn Stall Owner #421
Activity: 99.2%

Thanked 7,654 Times in 3,762 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadkin View Post
Next time you meet someone who is itching to tell you about his EV, tell him that it's a coal burner.
I think I'll just interrupt them and say "Have you heard the good news about Jesus?"
GTOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GTOguy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2024, 12:59pm   #40
GTOguy
Barn Stall Owner #421
Activity: 99.2%

Thanked 7,654 Times in 3,762 Posts

Quote:

Attachment 94201
This is 100% spot on and fact. And applies to anything else we take for granted that provides us freedom: guns and ammunition, natural gas stoves, gas cans that actually pour, heaters that actually heat, and on and on and on. The gradual process of regulating us into submission and compliance. The longer we sit silently and let the misguided dreams of the few dictate our lifestyles, the more we stand to lose. Wake the **** up, Varla.
GTOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GTOguy For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic