Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2020, 12:24pm   #121
z06psi
Barn Stall Owner #∞
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 13,711 Times in 5,285 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $34677

Lakota: The man that thinks about a man all day.
z06psi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to z06psi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2020, 2:19pm   #122
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16,'20
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0%

Thanked 10,607 Times in 6,383 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3043611

So Trump is now derailing the ability of the USPS to deliver mail in a timely manner, yet he will vote via absentee / mail in ballot.
WTF is wrong with that psycho?
It's so obvious that he feels that less Biden voters will vote if they have to vote in person.
And this is acceptable to you?
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff '79 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2020, 3:06pm   #123
bill_daniels
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,237 Times in 17,149 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

The Post Office is constitutionally authorized, unlike most of our federal government. It's also supposed to be self sufficient, and not supposed to constantly be in the red, looking for taxpayer handouts.

I agree that technology, mainly e-mail and online bill pay, has hurt the USPS, but so has poor negotiation with private shippers. It's said USPS loses big money on each and every package mailed from China, for example. They also lose money on every 'last mile' delivery from Amazon, as an example.

It's not unreasonable for the US taxpayers to expect that USPS at least breaks even. They could start doing that by renegotiating shipping rates from China, UPS, FedEx, Amazon, etc. I am assuming there are contracts in place that would have to expire in order to renegotiate.
bill_daniels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 3:15pm   #124
bill_daniels
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,237 Times in 17,149 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by markids77 View Post
Resistance is few tile. Ewe will be assimilated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04 commemorative View Post
few tile
Quote:
Originally Posted by markids77 View Post
*futile.
This just in:

There has now been a confirmed case of human to human transfer of the Mrvette virus!

bill_daniels is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bill_daniels For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2020, 4:19pm   #125
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15
Fantasy Football Champ '11,'13,'17

Location: Somewhere between mild insanity and complete psychosis.
Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,241 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1050381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
So Trump is now derailing the ability of the USPS to deliver mail in a timely manner, yet he will vote via absentee / mail in ballot.
It's so obvious that he feels that less Biden voters will vote if they have to vote in person.

I doubt he feels that way. The average age of Trump voters will be significantly higher than that of Biden voters. It is Trump voters who are more at risk for serious complications/death from COVID should they catch it voting in-person on election day.

The changes going on with USPS were planned and have nothing to do with the election, and at any rate Trump has told Democrats he will give them all the USPS funding they want if they give him what he wants re: COVID relief. I am sure you have no problem with this hostage-taking tactic since the Democrats just did the exact same thing, demanding that they get their bloated "Heroes Act" grab-bag of partisan goodies (funds for illegal immigrants, getting rid of voter ID requirements, funds for overindebted blue states/cities, tax breaks for wealthy blue state donors who are pissed about their precious SALT deductions, etc., etc.) in exchange for COVID relief
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Will For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2020, 4:26pm   #126
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15

We could end all arguments and bickering over voting if we passed a simple election law that:

-required a form of photo ID nationally that only citizens can obtain
-make the ID taxpayer funded and thus free of charge for the indigent
-made election day a holiday OR more ideally make it 2 consecutive days Sat./Sun. on the 1st weekend in November
-instituted capital punishment for election fraud (ballot theft/destruction, non citizens voting, machine rigging, etc.)
-provided for remote voting for overseas military and absentee voting for serious crippled/handicapped persons only who cannot feasibly go to a polling place
-standardize ballots across the country and attach a unqiue ID # to each ballot with a detachable stub that allows the voter to check that their vote was tallied appropriately online
-dispatch overwhelming FBI personnel to observe any precincts & jurisdictions where irregularities have occurred ala Borward County
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Will For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2020, 4:29pm   #127
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15

I will gladly see my tax dollars go to Democrats' efforts to register every possible eligible voter they can in their urban core and get them a FREE voter ID in exchange for ensuring that ONLY eligible voters vote in the election and ensuring as best we can that no votes and vote counts are fraudlent via the death penalty hanging over the head of anyone who interfers in the election process by stealing ballots and disposing of them or filling them out, particpating if they're not a citizen, rigging the count if they work in the polling place or counting process, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to Will For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2020, 4:51pm   #128
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
The Post Office is constitutionally authorized, unlike most of our federal government. It's also supposed to be self sufficient, and not supposed to constantly be in the red, looking for taxpayer handouts.

I agree that technology, mainly e-mail and online bill pay, has hurt the USPS, but so has poor negotiation with private shippers. It's said USPS loses big money on each and every package mailed from China, for example. They also lose money on every 'last mile' delivery from Amazon, as an example.

It's not unreasonable for the US taxpayers to expect that USPS at least breaks even. They could start doing that by renegotiating shipping rates from China, UPS, FedEx, Amazon, etc. I am assuming there are contracts in place that would have to expire in order to renegotiate.
Old 08-14-2020, 4:55pm   #129
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
I doubt he feels that way. The average age of Trump voters will be significantly higher than that of Biden voters. It is Trump voters who are more at risk for serious complications/death from COVID should they catch it voting in-person on election day.

The changes going on with USPS were planned and have nothing to do with the election, and at any rate Trump has told Democrats he will give them all the USPS funding they want if they give him what he wants re: COVID relief. I am sure you have no problem with this hostage-taking tactic since the Democrats just did the exact same thing, demanding that they get their bloated "Heroes Act" grab-bag of partisan goodies (funds for illegal immigrants, getting rid of voter ID requirements, funds for overindebted blue states/cities, tax breaks for wealthy blue state donors who are pissed about their precious SALT deductions, etc., etc.) in exchange for COVID relief
Oh, so it's just bad timing. Ya, right.
Oh, and it doesn't look at all impropitious that Trumps big donor friend is all of a sudden instituting these changes 3 months prior to the election that will have the most mail in votes in history.
Ummmkay...
Old 08-14-2020, 6:44pm   #130
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15

Democrats in the U.S. got far too used to lying, cheating, stealing, and swindling with impunity while GOP bitch-boys played nice during the 20th century.

Probably stemmed from the post Depression/New Deal era that ushered in half a century of Democratic rule for the most part and Republicans in D.C. mostly just golfing since they had zero power or influence.

The Republican Party did not reach equivalence with the Democratic Party on the national level until the mid 1990s.

But it's taken this much longer to get a Republican elected President who is every bit the bastard that LBJ was, or the Kennedys were, or FDR was.

Democrats don't like it, just like a bully doesn't like it when HE gets punched in the nose.

Trump's rise happened to coincide with Mitch McConnel's rise to control of the Senate, and he too is the first Republican Senate leader to give it right back to the left. Bill Frist was a pussywillow politically despite being an intelligent man. Hell, McConnell openly, repeatedly, and publicly warned that bastard Harry Reid that he would absolutely do everything Reid did, and would absolutely NOT restore any Senate tradition that Reid violated if and when HE became majority leader. And he's fulfilled that promise and has repeatedly f***ed the left and rubbed it in their faces that he's merely hoisting them by their own petard.

Democrats jerry-rigged this nation's voting districts for half a century with impunity, and now they're crying like bitches for an end to jerry-rigging now that they're finally getting a taste of their own medicine. For decades Democrats packed the Federal courts with partisan ideologues who "interpreted" away the actual meaning of the constitution and amendments conveniently and repeatedly when doing so aided the implementation of Democratic Party policies and legislation, and now they're crying like bitches over Trump and McConnel remaking the federal judiciary.

Democrats did/do the dirtiest, lowest, most scum bag thing of all for decades and engaged in rampant ELECTION FRAUD. Stuffing ballot boxes, harvesting ballots, even stealing the Presidency itself (Kennedy v. Nixon), allowing an invasion of millions in order to import anchor babies and simply replace the votes of the American blue collar working class instead of having to continue EARNING them.

And now they cry like little bitches because mean ol' Donny Trump isn't bending over backwards to fund and staff the USPS in a manner that would allow Democrats to commit yet more election FRAUD, which is exactly what "mail-in voting," which is NOT the same thing as absentee voting, enables on a mass scale, in addition to the massive amount of ballots cast by illegal aliens, and cast by unfortunately legal American citizens who are anchor babies.

I have 2 words for all stunningly hypocritical, phony-as-hell, cry-baby bitches who are whining about Trump and the USPS re: universal mail-in voting schemes

Get bent.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Will For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2020, 6:53pm   #131
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15

If Democrats want us to go back to outsourcing our manufacturing base at the behest of their donors, want to go back to committing daily treason via enabling foreign hordes to invade us and suck on the taxpayers' tit in exchange for their votes, want to go back to American tradesmen having suppressed wages and no job mobility thanks to illegal laborers, want to go back to pissing on the constitution and trampling especially our 1st and 2nd amendment rights, etc., etc., etc. . . . .

They're going to have to win this election by hook or by crook. And this time their opponent isn't a pussywillow.

Better used every trick in the playbook, tell every lie, control every media outlet, sweet-talk every journalist, stuff every ballot box in places like Broward where you can get away with it, harvest every ballot you can, throw away or hide every ballot you can, get every illegal immigrant to vote you can, etc., etc., etc. and BEAT Donald Trump in November. The GOP has, for better and worse, been remade in his image. And one of the better aspects of this change is we don't take your shit lying down anymore. We play by Chicago rules. You'll have to TAKE IT to get your way again and you're going to get a fight and you're going to get zero f***s given about any and all crocodile-tear-accompanied complaints about fairness.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Will For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2020, 9:25pm   #132
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Activity: 34.6%

Thanked 10,155 Times in 4,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11380138

Jeff ain’t troll in’ an Will ain’t joke in’. Scorched earth is what the Dems ordered up. They’ll get it and then some.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2020, 8:38am   #133
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
Jeff ain’t troll in’ an Will ain’t joke in’. Scorched earth is what the Dems ordered up. They’ll get it and then some.
Correct.
I am a Republican who did vote for Trump.
The article below pretty much sums up my feelings on the subject.
Take it for what it's worth, because it is what it is, and that's how I feel.
Once again, many other Americans are in the same camp.
If I had a liar in my own family, they'd be dumped from my circle.
For someone to lie to the American people daily???? Yaaa, no, I won't be voting for him again.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-los...013725294.html
Old 08-15-2020, 8:42am   #134
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20,'21
Activity: 47.1%

Thanked 18,513 Times in 8,167 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1030760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
In California they put out big metal collection boxes and station guards next to them. The nearest one is less than a mile from me - I can walk or ride my bike to drop off my ballot without fear of being ****ed by the USPS.
dvarapala is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dvarapala For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2020, 8:46am   #135
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
In California they put out big metal collection boxes and station guards next to them. The nearest one is less than a mile from me - I can walk or ride my bike to drop off my ballot without fear of being ****ed by the USPS.
That's a great idea. Hopefully the guards are not Trump supporters
Old 08-20-2020, 8:27am   #136
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Bantayan Kids '13

Photos appear to show mail sorting machines in parts in US postal facility

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/photos-app...164723476.html

I know that 5 sorting machines in the main Buffalo Post Office have been dismantled and concrete has been poured where they stood, making it virtually impossible for them to be put back in time for the election.
That being said, do we need that many sorting machines anymore???
The actual physical mail volume has dropped precipitously in the past 10 years and is just a fraction of what it was, so maybe they are just not required anymore. The article shows the same for Portland.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic