Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-30-2020, 5:22pm   #41
Millenium Vette
Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 4.3%

Thanked 2,664 Times in 1,532 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6269655

Millenium Vette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 5:24pm   #42
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16,'20
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 7.1%

Thanked 10,607 Times in 6,383 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3043611

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeabody View Post
My being allowed to drop off someone's ballot verified by their signature naming me and giving me permission to do so is not ballot harvesting.

Look, I and my wife are Precinct Inspectors. I'm not about to give everyone here a four class in ballot security methods used in California. The checks and balances make it virtually impossible to commit large scale voter fraud with mail in ballots. Any one who wants to contradict me and make phony claims about our voting system without any first hand knowledge of it like I have ten years of will be considered to be plainly full of shit and talking out of their ass. Have a good evening.
Ya... What he almost said.
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 5:28pm   #43
Little Red L98.
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 14,748 Times in 5,008 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $894473

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
The sticker comes in the envelope along with my mail-in ballot.
Come to think of it ours did too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
They get caught occasionally, here and there. Around here they don't stand a chance. But try being an election observer in Chicago for the R's.

Where you live it's essentially legalized, it's called ballot harvesting.
Are you saying there’s never any voter fraud by R’s?
Little Red L98. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 5:56pm   #44
Millenium Vette
Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS ‘18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Red L98. View Post
Are you saying there’s never any voter fraud by R’s?
I've never heard of a single instance of fraud by the R's. Perhaps you could change that by throwing a few instances up in here?

Old 07-30-2020, 5:59pm   #45
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,222 Times in 13,388 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

I think Republicans will be taken aback by the amount of security that BLM will be providing at the voting locations. They just want to make sure nothing impedes our ability to vote RED. I expect to see dozens of these fine citizens.
Aerovette is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2020, 6:03pm   #46
MrPeabody
A Real Barner

Thanked 12,309 Times in 5,942 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenium Vette View Post
I've never heard of a single instance of fraud by the R's. Perhaps you could change that by throwing a few instances up in here?

Here's one:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/30/u...ndictment.html

Election had to be done over. But the real point is that sure, people commit voter fraud. But there are mechanisms and procedures in place that catch it. That's what happened here. It needs to be prosecuted vigorously and punished severely.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrPeabody For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2020, 6:08pm   #47
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16,'20
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 7.1%

Thanked 10,607 Times in 6,383 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3043611

The only voter fraud that I've heard of is where someone tampers with the voting machine. (Rigs it).
I would think that is more of an issue than mail in fraud.
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 6:08pm   #48
Lakota
A Real Barner
Activity: 6.1%

Thanked 2,884 Times in 585 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2924

Quote:
Here's one:

Election had to be done over. But the real point is that sure, people commit voter fraud. But there are mechanisms and procedures in place that catch it. That's what happened here. It needs to be prosecuted vigorously and punished severely.
The above article is below.
July 30, 2019

A Republican operative in North Carolina has been charged in connection with a voter-turnout effort that investigators said was intended to manipulate the results of a now-overturned general election for Congress last year.

In an indictment announced on Tuesday, the operative, L. McCrae Dowless Jr., was accused of obstruction of justice and illegal possession of an absentee ballot, among other charges. Seven other people were also indicted in connection with the election fraud inquiry, but prosecutors said the charges against one person were inadvertent and would be dismissed.

In the indictment, prosecutors alleged that Mr. Dowless directed others in the criminal mishandling of absentee ballots and that “spoiled absentee ballots were counted.” Mr. Dowless’s crimes, the indictment said, “served to undermine the integrity of the absentee ballot process and the public’s confidence in the outcome of the electoral process.”

“This offense was done with deceit and intent to defraud and against the peace and dignity of the state,” said the indictment, which a grand jury in Wake County returned on Tuesday.

New Charges for Republican Operative
L. McCrae Dowless Jr., who was previously indicted for his work in other elections, was charged in connection with an effort to manipulate general election results in the Ninth Congressional District.
Lakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 6:20pm   #49
Lakota
A Real Barner
Activity: 6.1%

Thanked 2,884 Times in 585 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2924

07/30/2020 04:51 PM EDT

President Donald Trump on Thursday faced resounding, near-universal opposition from Republicans to his suggestion that the November election should be delayed due to unsubstantiated claims of mail-in voter fraud.

Trump does not have the power to unilaterally push back the date of the Nov. 3 election; only Congress holds that authority under the Constitution. Lawmakers from both parties on Thursday said they oppose delaying the election, and many Republicans in particular have touted the merits of voting by mail during the coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ion-gop-388290
Lakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 6:21pm   #50
Little Red L98.
A Real Barner

Quote:

Below is from 2016. I was thinking of something that took place in Idaho or Montucky for some shit kinda like what the Michigan dirt bag did but stuffing ballots for trump somehow. Don’t remember all the deets. She was an ugly, fat white chick from the mug shot and was arrested, charged, and if I remember, convicted of more than one charge of tampering or fraud or some such.

Don’t really care enough to keep searching.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...nap-story.html
Old 07-30-2020, 6:31pm   #51
Millenium Vette
Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS ‘18

Quote:
Here's one:

So there is one, can't say it never has happened by a pub now.

I just don't share your optimism about voter fraud being impossible to get away with. I am not saying that as a rabid republican or conservative, I try to keep politics out of my posts. I just don't trust any of these politicians to play fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Red L98. View Post
Below is from 2016. I was thinking of something that took place in Idaho or Montucky for some shit kinda like what the Michigan dirt bag did but stuffing ballots for trump somehow. Don’t remember all the deets. She was an ugly, fat white chick from the mug shot and was arrested, charged, and if I remember, convicted of more than one charge of tampering or fraud or some such.

Don’t really care enough to keep searching.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...nap-story.html
Link is behind paywall, so no workie. I'm just surprised you didn't easily find a bunch of instances of R fraud.

Old 07-30-2020, 6:32pm   #52
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 44.4%

Thanked 16,607 Times in 7,133 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1009320

Voter fraud? Beats the hell outta me. But my only way to mitigate this is to hop in my truck, drive to my polling place and wait in line. Seems worth it.
Giraffe (He/Him) is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Giraffe (He/Him) For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2020, 6:33pm   #53
Millenium Vette
Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS ‘18

Voter Fraud Is Real—Here's How Democrats Want to Steal the 2020 Election | Opinion

NEWT GINGRICH

Make no mistake: Voter fraud is real. Democrats, the media and the so-called public interest groups on the political Left will tell you otherwise, but they are either lying or totally ignorant. Voter fraud is a threat to the integrity of our elections, the heart of our democracy—and Democrats want to make the problem worse with their new voting laws.

I believe this issue is incredibly important, now more than ever. So, as part of my ongoing Election 2020 podcast series, I decided to examine voter fraud in depth in this week's episode of my podcast, "Newt's World."

My guest is Hans von Spakovsky, a senior legal fellow at the Heritage Foundation and manager of the think tank's Election Law Reform Initiative. He is one of the preeminent experts on election law and election fraud, and he explains how Democrats are pushing proposals that will clearly make fraud more prevalent.

Anyone who denies the existence of voter fraud in the U.S. needs to go to Heritage's online database, where they will find 1,285 proven instances of it—including 1,110 criminal convictions. Some of the stories are quite striking. In 2016, for example, Elbert Melton, the former mayor of Gordon, Alabama, illegally notarized two ballots, without witnesses present, while running for re-election. Melton won the race by only 16 votes—many local and state races are decided by such small margins. He was convicted of absentee ballot fraud, removed from office and sentenced to one year in prison.

The biggest way to expand voter fraud is to expand voting by mail. And Democrats want to impose universal vote-by-mail across the country.

Traditionally, citizens can request that an absentee ballot be mailed if they have a valid excuse—the physically disabled or sick, of course our troops stationed abroad and their families. This is still the case in most states, but some, such as Oregon, simply mail an absentee ballot to every single registered voter.

The problem with mailing ballots like this is that lists of registered voters across the country are in terrible shape, and states do a poor job of cleaning their voter rolls. In fact, most states have given up on doing so. Every time they try, well-funded liberal groups accuse them of purging active, eligible voters from the rolls to suppress voting. As a result, ballots get mailed out to people who no longer live at the same addresses because they have moved or died.

Therefore, a precious item, perhaps our society's most valuable—the ballot—is just out there, for anyone to exploit. It isn't that difficult to imagine how people could fill out fraudulent ballots, mail them in and have them counted.

Voting by mail also leads to ballot harvesting, the practice of allowing third parties to collect voters' ballots and turn them in together to polling stations. Imagine a political operative or a campaign volunteer showing up at your front door to collect your ballot and deliver it for you. Your ballot would no longer be secret but, more importantly, the operative or volunteer could pressure or even intimidate you to vote a certain way—especially if you are sick, elderly or speak poor English.

Another invitation for dishonest elections and inaccurate voting is same-day registration. Under this system, if you aren't registered to vote, you can register on election day and immediately vote. Election officials have no time to verify your information or determine if you're even an eligible voter who lives at the address that you provide.

Democrats are pushing all of these measures in earnest. They included each one and many more in H.R. 1, the very first bill that Democrats introduced after they retook control of the House in the 2018 midterm elections. And House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) included the same measures in her $3 trillion monstrosity of a bill that is supposedly meant to stimulate the economy amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Pelosi and the Democrats are using the virus as an excuse to impose on the country these voting laws and other far-left ideas. As Hans explains to me, Liberia had a successful election in 2014 despite the Ebola epidemic. Wisconsin also held an election without problems earlier this year, as did South Korea, amid the current pandemic. Polling places just need to institute the necessary safety measures, which is manageable to do. The fear-mongering from the media and the Left about the consequences of holding the 2020 election in-person has no basis in reality.

But Democrats are still pushing these voting laws as a deliberate strategy to maximize their ability to win elections. I've spent a lifetime in politics and don't remember anything this bad, where people are so blatantly and openly willing to push illegality—in this case, in the form of voter fraud.

As Hans notes, Democrats have gotten to the point where they believe the ends justify the means. They believe that President Trump is so terrible and evil that anything they do to win, even cheating, is justified.

I hope you will listen to this week's episode to learn how Democrats are trying to steal not only the 2020 election, but also future elections. And I hope you will listen to my next episode, set to air Wednesday, on the nationwide riots and protests following the killing of George Floyd.
Old 07-30-2020, 6:43pm   #54
Old Ben
A Real Barner
Activity: 20.9%

Thanked 14,744 Times in 5,839 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1014987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakota View Post
Yesterday on the PBS news broadcast they claim vote fraud with mail in ballots is about .0004 of 1%.

Heard on other newscast vote fraud esp mail in is a non issue.

Another factor is getting workers in the polls during a pandemic. Most of them are elderly and most won't risk working. Election board are scrambling looking for workers.

It was mentioned that Trump himself uses an absentee ballot, but he doesn't want you to use one, he wants you to cart your butt to a polling place.

Told my election board to send me a mail in ballot for all elections this year.

You do know that there is a difference between mass mailing of ballots and eligible voters requesting an absentee ballot, don't you?

Trump wants people to use absentee ballots if necessary. He is against the states just mailing out ballots.
Old Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Old Ben For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2020, 6:47pm   #55
MrPeabody
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Ben View Post
You do know that there is a difference between mass mailing of ballots and eligible voters requesting an absentee ballot, don't you?

Trump wants people to use absentee ballots if necessary. He is against the states just mailing out ballots.
Where I live, the same security measures will apply either way.
Old 07-30-2020, 6:47pm   #56
Loco Vette
Barn Stall Owner #54
Barn Raising II,III

Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Activity: 6.8%

Thanked 6,896 Times in 2,601 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6027980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
We're going to mail ours in and personally, we don't think that there is a fraud issue.
If there is, it would be very isolated and would be a non event.
It would be very difficult to do a widespread fraud due to the number of different ways the counties do their balloting.

GO.
If you thought it would increase the (R) vote your opinion would be reversed.

Voter ID anyone?
Loco Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Loco Vette For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2020, 6:47pm   #57
Little Red L98.
A Real Barner

Quote:
So there is one, can't say it never has happened by a pub now.

I just don't share your optimism about voter fraud being impossible to get away with. I am not saying that as a rabid republican or conservative, I try to keep politics out of my posts. I just don't trust any of these politicians to play fair.

Link is behind paywall, so no workie. I'm just surprised you didn't easily find a bunch of instances of R fraud.
LA Times. Came up free for me under a regular google search.

I was looking for something specific from 2016. Couldn’t find what I was looking for.

This is from the link. Oct ‘16
Quote:
Police said they found evidence of voter fraud in Indiana
The most prominent recent example of alleged voter fraud has been in Indiana, where the head of state police said last week that an ongoing investigation of a voter registration project turned up evidence of fraud. The group under investigation, the Indiana Voter Registration Project, submitted 45,000 voter registration applications this year from citizens who are racial minorities.

Indiana State Police Supt. Douglas Carter said authorities had found examples of fraud. Carter did not share details of the nature of the alleged fraud nor how many instances of it had been found.

The group, which does nonpartisan registration but is affiliated with Democrats, says the investigation is a Republican-led political hit job. Carter is a Pence appointee, and tensions heightened last week when Indiana’s GOP Secretary of State Connie Lawson said “thousands” of name and date-of-birth changes on voting records could point to fraud. Lawson said she “turned … findings over to the state police, who are currently conducting an investigation into alleged voter fraud.” Days later, she said the changes the office found could be legitimate.

On Tuesday, TargetSmart, a Democratic-affiliated group hired by Patriot Majority USA, said an analysis it ran of the Indiana voter file kept by Lawson’s office found 837,000 voters with out-of-date addresses, 4,556 double registrations, 3,000 records without birth dates and 31 registered voters who are too young to vote.

ADVERTISEMENT
“There is clearly bad, missing and incomplete data,” TargetSmart Chief Executive Tom Bonier told the Associated Press. “So if you’re seeing a lot of names changing or dates of birth changing, that’s likely because the information she had on the file is incorrect.”
Old 07-30-2020, 6:59pm   #58
z06psi
Barn Stall Owner #∞
Activity: 2.6%

Thanked 13,711 Times in 5,285 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $34677

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
The only voter fraud that I've heard of is where someone tampers with the voting machine. (Rigs it).

I would think that is more of an issue than mail in fraud.
How do verify who marked the ballot?

You can't.
z06psi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to z06psi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2020, 7:17pm   #59
MrPeabody
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06psi View Post
How do verify who marked the ballot?

You can't.
By the signature. I suppose someone could break into my house, fill out my ballot then hold a gun to my head and force me to sign it. Yeah, I'm sure that happens thousands of times all over the country.

The point is, sure all kinds of illegal things can happen. That's why things get overseen and investigated. That's why it's illegal. It's illegal to rob a bank, but the solution isn't to close all the banks.
Old 07-30-2020, 7:24pm   #60
z06psi
Barn Stall Owner #∞
Activity: 2.6%

Thanked 13,711 Times in 5,285 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $34677

You think they compare signatures on 100 million votes?

Wow. You don't know government.
z06psi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to z06psi For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic