Old 07-27-2012, 12:36pm   #1
69camfrk
Barn Stall Owner #6969
NCM Supporter '11, '12,'17,'20
Activity: 9.0%

Thanked 11,493 Times in 5,018 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1071547
Default Damn democrats are sneaky!!!

Keep an eye on this one folks. It should be illegal to slip things in a bill that are not related to it. I know it's done all the time on both sides, and mofos that do it, should be thrown in jail.

Democratic senators offer gun control amendment for cybersecurity bill - The Hill's Video
69camfrk is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 69camfrk For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2012, 1:04pm   #2
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 88.5%

Thanked 7,706 Times in 3,421 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
“Maybe we could come together on guns if each side gave some,” Schumer said.
Gave some?? What do you call the laws and regulations in effect?

Quote:
“He suggested that Democrats make it clear that their goal is not to repeal the Second Amendment."
They don't want to repeal it... they just want to make it so nobody can own anything more than a 1 shot air gun.

Quote:
Schumer also pointed out that it would be reasonable for the right to recognize that background checks on those buying guns is necessary — as called for in the Brady law. He also said average Americans don’t need an assault weapon to go hunting or protect themselves.
The problem is that these idiots are so ignorant that they throw out scary words like "assult rifle" and have no clue what they are talking about. I guarantee that if I so chose, I could walk into a packed theater and kill a hell of a lot more than 12 people with a 9mm pistol.

It is not the gun's fault. It is not the bullet's fault. It is the person pulling the trigger. Why is it that these idiots are too stupid to comprehend that?

Quote:
We can debate where to draw the line of reasonableness, but we might be able to come to an agreement in the middle,” Schumer said. “Maybe, maybe, maybe we can pass some laws that might, might, might stop some of the unnecessary casualties … maybe there’s a way we can some together and try to break through the log jam and make sure the country is a better place.”
It is already illegal to shoot people for no reason. Why is it so hard for these liberal f*cks to understand that passing laws for everything is not the answer?

These gun control morons are fucking stupid beyond words.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedLS1GTO For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2012, 2:11pm   #3
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 12,309 Times in 5,942 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590

Political gamesmanship. It will never pass the house, and even if it did, it would be political suicide for Obama to sign it before election day.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrPeabody For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2012, 7:05am   #4
Torqaholic
A Real Barner
Activity: 24.1%

Thanked 4,344 Times in 2,376 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15637580

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69camfrk View Post
.. It should be illegal to slip things in a bill that are not related to it...
Yup, standard operating procedure for dems though. It's the only way klinton ever passed a law.

Pubs use this tactic to purposely kill a bill, dems do it to stick a knife in the back of freedom while it's sleeping. When the pubs kill freedom they do it to your face in broad daylight.
Torqaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 7:10am   #5
Torqaholic
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
...if I so chose, I could walk into a packed theater and kill a hell of a lot more than 12 people with a 9mm pistol.

You could kill more without a gun using something like a sword. It doesn't alert people to the hazard like a gunshot. By the time they realize there is danger it's too late, their head is a soccer ball.
The Following User Says Thank You to Torqaholic For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2012, 9:02am   #6
Blademaker
Barn Stall Owner #89
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 5.4%

Thanked 6,749 Times in 3,410 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $536709986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqaholic View Post
Yup, standard operating procedure for dems though. It's the only way klinton ever passed a law.

Pubs use this tactic to purposely kill a bill, dems do it to stick a knifein the back of freedom while it's sleeping. When the pubs kill freedom they do it to your face in broad daylight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqaholic View Post
You could kill more without a gun using something like a sword. It doesn't alert people to the hazard like a gunshot. By the time they realize there is danger it's too late, their head is a soccer ball.

When knives are outlawed, only outlaws will own knives.

And I'll be rich........
Blademaker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blademaker For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2012, 7:20pm   #7
Torqaholic
A Real Barner

When knives are outlawed I will be an outlaw and I've already got more than I know what to do with
Old 07-31-2012, 4:36pm   #8
69camfrk
Barn Stall Owner #6969
NCM Supporter '11, '12,'17,'20
Activity: 9.0%

Thanked 11,493 Times in 5,018 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1071547

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeabody View Post
Political gamesmanship. It will never pass the house, and even if it did, it would be political suicide for Obama to sign it before election day.
I hope you are right, but here is the read on it.

The Cybersecurity Act

On Thursday, July 26, 2012, the Senate passed an 84-11 vote to move the Cybersecruity Act forward. The Act is to help prevent cyber terrorism on America’s infrastructure such as water departments and our power grids. The Cybersecruity Act would make critical private industries meet security standards set down by the Department of Homeland Security. Soon after approval to move forward, so was the approval to allow the addition of amendments to the bill.

Along with Lautenberg, Barbara Boxer from California, Jack Reed from Rhode Island, Bob Menendez from New Jersey, Kirsten Gillibrand from New York, Chuck Schumer from New York, and Dianne Feinstein from California introduced S.A. 2575, a large capacity magazine ban, to the House of Representatives to be added to the Cybersecurity Act of 2012. The wording of the amendment does not define what high capacity means.

S.A. 2575 states, “Except as provided in clause (ii), it shall be unlawful for a person to transfer or possess a large capacity ammunition feeding device. Clause (i) shall not apply to the possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed within the United States on or before the date of the enactment of this subsection. “

The vote to include S.A. 2575 on the Cybersecurity Act or not is expected next week. If S.A. 2575 gets included in the Cybersecurity Act, and the Cybersecurity Act passes, it will be illegal to produce new high capacity magazines. The White House has supported the Cybersecurity Act, stating, “The Administration strongly supports Senate passage of S. 3414, the Cybersecurity Act of 2012.”

The Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act

Representative Carolyn McCarthy of New York has joined Lautenberg in introducing the Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act, which would prevent online sales of ammunition and force dealers to report large sales of ammunition to local police. Lautenberg says, “If someone wants to purchase deadly ammunition, they should have to come face-to-face with the seller.” The Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act would also restrict individual ammunition sales, requiring ammunition be purchased only through licensed dealers, force buyers to present photo ID at the time of purchase, ban online and mail order sales of ammunition, require dealers to keep records of all sales of ammunition, and require dealers to report people who buy more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition in five days.
69camfrk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 4:56pm   #9
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 88.5%

Thanked 7,706 Times in 3,421 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69camfrk View Post
... and require dealers to report people who buy more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition in five days.
Fuck this controlling bullshit.

I buy 2-3 thousand rounds at a time on a regular basis. Almost every single shooter I know does. I'm sure that sounds like a lot to the ignorant liberal fuckwads out there because as always, you have no clue what the hell you are talking about.

As for the internet ammo sales, again, ignorance at it's finest. That's the dumbass equivalent of carding people to buy gasoline.

If that sounds like an angry, emotional response, it's because it is. I'm tired of these "enlightened" pieces of shit thinking they have the right to control what everybody else does.

Seriously... fuck off.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RedLS1GTO For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2012, 5:37pm   #10
Chris Fowler
Barn Stall Owner #6
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,484 Times in 828 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $437465

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
I buy 2-3 thousand rounds at a time on a regular basis. Almost every single shooter I know does.
cheaper by the case, and if you need multiple calibers.
Chris Fowler is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion