Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion

Politics & Religion Discussion of politics and religion

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2021, 10:49am   #61
Raazor
2020 Election Expert
Activity: 21.2%

Location: Big Sky Country... Where the men are men, the sheep are nervous, and the winters are LOOONG!!!
Thanked 19,501 Times in 7,250 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1134156

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C7NIC View Post
Don't start with me Waddle Cock!
Raazor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raazor For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2021, 11:08am   #62
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,222 Times in 13,388 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
We use the monoclonal abx treatment for SARSCOV2 + patients that meet criteria, but not as prophylaxis at this point. Of course that could change moving forward. Our medical director follows data closely and adjusts protocols accordingly.

Of course, things change often as we learn more and although some “lay” people get frustrated with information changing, as we gather knowledge, it is good to make recommendations based on what we learn. Guess that’s why they call it “practicing” medicine. Lol.
I feel there is a very distinct difference between information that is developing and information that is simply changing. That may sound impossible but look at it like a traffic accident story.

7:00 AM - Two people were killed in a head on collision.
8:00 AM - Two elderly people were killed in a head on collision
9:00 AM - Two elderly people were killed in a head on collision by an alleged drunk driver
10:00 AM - Two elderly people were killed in a head on collision by a wrong way driver that had a BAC of 2.5 times the legal limit

vs

7:00 AM - Two people were killed in a head on collision.
8:00 AM - Two elderly people were killed in a one car collision with a tree.
9:00 AM - Two elderly people were killed in a head on collision by an alleged drunk driver
10:00 AM - Two elderly people were killed in a one car collision and have been suspected of driving while intoxicated
11:00 AM - Two elderly people suspected of drunk driving hit a tree head on.
12:00 PM - A young married couple entered the highway from the wrong direction and hit a tree and another vehicle. Alcohol is suspected to be involved
1:00 PM - Two Trump voters were killed because they refused to take a detour and instead intentionally rammed their vehicle in to a tree in order to avoid following detour instructions
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 11:23am   #63
Dan47
Barn Stall Owner #106
Activity: 43.2%

Thanked 3,942 Times in 1,648 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Not what I said, I said I feel compassion for those that get COVID that are unvaccinated, you stated I "had" to show compassion as part of my job, I was offering clear examples as to when I don't.

Google search

Heard of VARES (Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System)? Any adverse reaction to any vaccine is reported here. Have used this since I started practicing medicine. It is very specific and I have had to send reports and they are extremely detailed. You ever filled one out?

Keep in mind, even a swollen arm or headache is considered a reportable event.

If you would like to see the full form: https://vaers.hhs.gov/uploadFile/index.jsp
I've heard of VARES but not familar with how it operates. Looks like a form for reporting and possibly self reporting reactions?
Dan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 11:27am   #64
Anjdog2003
Due to inflation they are no longer free
Activity: 55.0%

Thanked 25,418 Times in 9,863 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $324490

Covid shot Adog

Mask Adog

Medical field making trillions of dollars saying everything is Covid Adog

/thread
Anjdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anjdog2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2021, 11:55am   #65
Rikki Z-06
Barn Stall Owner #747-400
Activity: 19.4%

Thanked 28,736 Times in 12,730 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15031693

Quote:
Don't start with me Waddle Cock!
Rikki Z-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rikki Z-06 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2021, 12:10pm   #66
73sbVert
Barn Stall Owner #20
Barn Stall Owner #33

Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '11,'13,'14,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 3,290 Times in 1,954 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $988270

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD77VET View Post

Basically make the majority of the citizens rely on the Govt. Then you can force whatever draconian measures you want down their throats as they are at your mercy.
Cloward-Piven Strategy shortcut. BHO-dumbass almost accomplished it the way it was planned (a la Hugo Chavez), but the COVID gave the libbies/lefties a shortcut with which to accomplish it much faster.

73sbVert is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 73sbVert For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2021, 12:16pm   #67
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Are you sure you don't mean FAERS and not VAERS? One is for individuals to use.

FAERS:

FAERS data does have limitations. First, there is no certainty that the reported event (adverse event or medication error) was due to the product. FDA does not require that a causal relationship between a product and event be proven, and reports do not always contain enough detail to properly evaluate an event. Furthermore, FDA does not receive reports for every adverse event or medication error that occurs with a product. Many factors can influence whether an event will be reported, such as the time a product has been marketed and publicity about an event.

VAERS:

VAERS is a passive reporting system, meaning it relies on individuals to send in reports of their experiences to CDC and FDA. VAERS is not designed to determine if a vaccine caused a health problem, but is especially useful for detecting unusual or unexpected patterns of adverse event reporting that might indicate a possible safety problem with a vaccine. This way, VAERS can provide CDC and FDA with valuable information that additional work and evaluation is necessary to further assess a possible safety concern.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2021, 1:33pm   #68
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102
Activity: 25.5%

Thanked 14,065 Times in 4,280 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23243

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
Are you sure you don't mean FAERS and not VAERS? One is for individuals to use.

FAERS:

FAERS data does have limitations. First, there is no certainty that the reported event (adverse event or medication error) was due to the product. FDA does not require that a causal relationship between a product and event be proven, and reports do not always contain enough detail to properly evaluate an event. Furthermore, FDA does not receive reports for every adverse event or medication error that occurs with a product. Many factors can influence whether an event will be reported, such as the time a product has been marketed and publicity about an event.

VAERS:

VAERS is a passive reporting system, meaning it relies on individuals to send in reports of their experiences to CDC and FDA. VAERS is not designed to determine if a vaccine caused a health problem, but is especially useful for detecting unusual or unexpected patterns of adverse event reporting that might indicate a possible safety problem with a vaccine. This way, VAERS can provide CDC and FDA with valuable information that additional work and evaluation is necessary to further assess a possible safety concern.

No, I understand the difference.

To clarify for those that don't know the difference.

VAERS is vaccine specific.

FAERS could be anything from a food/cosmetics/OTC or prescription medication. Now, if a patient had an adverse event with the monoclonal antibody, then yes, that would be reported under FAERS.

You and I have disagreed on MANY things during this Pandemic, as have A_Dog and myself, but you all have always been respectful even considering our differences.
C3C7NIC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to C3C7NIC For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2021, 2:27pm   #69
bill_daniels
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.4%

Thanked 40,923 Times in 17,008 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Ivermectin Study:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7996102/

Quote:
Conclusion

Developing an effective therapeutic against COVID-19 is currently the utmost interest to the scientific communities. The present study depicts comparative binding efficacy of a promising FDA-approved drug, ivermectin, against major pathogenic proteins of SARS-CoV-2 and their human counterparts involved in host–pathogen interaction. Herein, our in silico data have indicated that ivermectin efficiently utilizes viral spike protein, main protease, replicase and human TMPRSS2 receptors as the most possible targets for executing its antiviral efficiency. Therefore, ivermectin exploits protein targets from both virus and human, which could be the reason behind its excellent in vitro efficacy against SARS-CoV-2 as reported by Caly et al. [13]. Ivermectin B1b isomers have been found to be the more efficacious molecule out of the two homologs. Intriguingly, comparison of the in silico efficiency of ivermectin with currently used anticorona drugs, such as hydroxychloroquine and remdesivir, indicated toward the potential of ivermectin to target the major pathogenic proteins of SARS-CoV-2. Ivermectin is a popular antiparasitic drug and is also safe in children, younger adults, pregnant and lactating ladies. Development of pulmonary delivery of ivermectin through synthesis of better ivermectin formulation has been reported recently and this is expected to shorten the treatment duration and lead to better outcomes [33]. It is noteworthy to mention that many anti-SARS-CoV-2s are now being tested for their efficacy in shaping the immune response of humans, through targeting the cell surface as well as intracellular toll-like receptors [34,35]. In this context, ivermectin could be an effective option as well. Considering all these facts, the present study explores the therapeutic targets of ivermectin against SARS-CoV-2 and enlightens the possibility of using this drug in COVID-19 clinical trials shortly.
Summary points

The present in silico study presents the therapeutic efficacy of ivermectin against SARS-CoV-2 in comparison to two recently used anti SARS-CoV-2 drugs, namely remdesivir and hydroxychloroquine.

Molecular docking was performed using the drugs of interest and various proteins involved in the infection cycle of SARS-CoV-2 such as spike glycoprotein, main protease, replicase, RNA-dependent RNA polymerase, human ACE2 receptor and human transmembrane serine protease. The dynamics of the interaction was further analyzed by molecular dynamics simulation studies and the binding free energy of binding of ivermectin to each protein was determined.

The pharmacokinetic attributes of ivermectin were compared with other two anti-SARS-CoV-2 drugs and ivermectin was found to be a safe drug.

Ivermectin was found to be an efficient inhibitor of Mpro, replicase and hTMPRSS2 and the study manifests a superior ground for the candidature of ivermectin to be an efficient anti-SARS-CoV-2 therapeutic option.
bill_daniels is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bill_daniels For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2021, 2:43pm   #70
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
Been following several studies with respect to the use of Ivermectin, as I was following HCQ initially. HCQ initially got emergency approval from the FDA, but emergency use approval was withdrawn due to inefficacy.

This is a good recent update by Mayo Clinic updating some of the most recent treatment considerations.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/faq-20485627

Clearly, there is a big difference between clinically proven treatments and anticdotal evidence, but unless we try new things how will will we find new treatments. This is the part that intrigues me.
Old 08-01-2021, 2:59pm   #71
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
No, I understand the difference.

To clarify for those that don't know the difference.

VAERS is vaccine specific.

FAERS could be anything from a food/cosmetics/OTC or prescription medication. Now, if a patient had an adverse event with the monoclonal antibody, then yes, that would be reported under FAERS.

You and I have disagreed on MANY things during this Pandemic, as have A_Dog and myself, but you all have always been respectful even considering our differences.
Of course. As have you. If someone spits on me, I spit back. If someone states an opinion, I do likewise. This is simply an "I don't like Lima Beans and you do" situation. You aren't wrong for liking them. I'm not wrong for disliking them. It does not make the beans any different. The vaccine is what it is and anyone's opinion of it, does not change what it is.

I am doubly glad I did not get the vaccine because there is a good chance I will be afflicted with the amlyoidosis that my dad was just diagnosed with. He CANNOT get the vaccine. He cannot get a transfusion from someone with the vaccine. I am hopeful I can be his donor if he needs blood.

As for my question, the thing that I noticed was that VAERS says an individual does this reporting, which seems in conflict with you having to fill out forms. I am pretty sure FAERS also deals with vaccines, although not exclusively.
Old 08-01-2021, 3:02pm   #72
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
Been following several studies with respect to the use of Ivermectin, as I was following HCQ initially. HCQ initially got emergency approval from the FDA, but emergency use approval was withdrawn due to inefficacy.

This is a good recent update by Mayo Clinic updating some of the most recent treatment considerations.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/faq-20485627

Clearly, there is a big difference between clinically proven treatments and anticdotal evidence, but unless we try new things how will will we find new treatments. This is the part that intrigues me.
HCQ got a bum rap and was squelched for pure greed. It was NEVER intended to be used alone as a treatment. Its efficacy was as part of a one/two punch.

Why allow for a $9.00 solution and pass up a 20 trillion dollar potential to make money?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2021, 3:45pm   #73
DAB
Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Activity: 3.6%

Thanked 32,983 Times in 14,140 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17500122

i don't think i'm smart enough to keep up with this thread.
DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DAB For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2021, 3:58pm   #74
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Activity: 75.9%

Thanked 33,036 Times in 11,565 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raazor View Post
Are Steve & Rikki ok?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes View Post
They tested positive at the clinic?...bet they gave each other the herp again.

Was golfing.

Quote:
The pulmonologist that I work for, have refused to intubate or do any invasive procedures on unvaccinated patients.
He should be fired and have his license to practice medicine permanently revoked. He should treat everyone, not just those he agrees with. A malpractice lawyer would make him look like an idiot in court and then bankrupt him - as should happen.
Steve_R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2021, 4:05pm   #75
Strats-N-Vettes
SOME Real Barner
Activity: 8.1%

Thanked 25,339 Times in 9,150 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2034428

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post
i don't think i'm smart enough to keep up with this thread.
They’re starting to use words with more than 9 letters so I’m out.....
Strats-N-Vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strats-N-Vettes For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2021, 4:07pm   #76
Steve_R
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes View Post
I just pooped again. I poop a lot because I’m FOS.
TMI.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2021, 4:26pm   #77
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post

Was golfing.

He should be fired and have his license to practice medicine permanently revoked. He should treat everyone, not just those he agrees with. A malpractice lawyer would make him look like an idiot in court and then bankrupt him - as should happen.
Should the same thing be said for the baker that refused to make a wedding cake for a gay couple?

What if a urologist refuses to preform sex change operations? Same same?

Why should he be fired? My Moms Cardiologist told her if she didn’t stop smoking he would not see her as a patient any longer. She liked him and stopped smoking.

He didn’t deny life saving treatment, nor can he, but he won’t do any elective surgeries/biopsies/procedures on unvaccinated patients. Doctors have a right to refuse treatment but not deny life saving treatment if they are the only provider available. There is nothing illegal about his choice to deny. They just transfer those patients to another doc in the group.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C3C7NIC For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2021, 4:31pm   #78
Steve_R
A Real Barner

We’ll have to agree to disagree. IMO that Doc using his personal opinions and bias about others’ medical decisions to deny treatment shouldn’t be allowed to be a Doc.

Wedding cakes and sex change surgeries don’t determine who might live or die - but you already knew that. Your mom’s Doc gave her a choice. Not the same.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2021, 4:41pm   #79
Rikki Z-06
Barn Stall Owner #747-400
Activity: 19.4%

Thanked 28,736 Times in 12,730 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15031693

Quote:
TMI.
Rikki Z-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 4:43pm   #80
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102

Quote:
We’ll have to agree to disagree. IMO that Doc using his personal opinions and bias about others’ medical decisions to deny treatment shouldn’t be allowed to be a Doc.

Wedding cakes and sex change surgeries don’t determine who might live or die - but you already knew that. Your mom’s Doc gave her a choice. Not the same.
He gives them an option, get the vaccine, or get another pulmonologist.

Again, he is an amazing doctor. He would never refuse life saving treatment.

All of his patients are VERY high risk, so that is his urgency.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion