Old 07-31-2021, 10:26pm   #21
BayouCountry
Barn Stall Owner #105
Activity: 17.3%

Thanked 1,348 Times in 582 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan47 View Post
Do your patients have any comorbid conditions such as obesity?
Good point.
BayouCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 10:30pm   #22
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102
Activity: 25.5%

Thanked 14,065 Times in 4,280 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23243

Quote:
Do your patients have any comorbid conditions such as obesity?
The ones in the ICU typically do have at least one, but we only admit adults at the ICU where I work.

We don’t take pediatrics at my ICU, they are sent to OU Children’s a few blocks over. Several of my colleagues have discussed with me they are seeing kids with no co-morbidotoes getting admitted, this did not happen previously.
C3C7NIC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to C3C7NIC For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2021, 10:39pm   #23
Dan47
Barn Stall Owner #106
Activity: 43.2%

Thanked 3,942 Times in 1,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C7NIC View Post
The ones in the ICU typically do have at least one, but we only admit adults at the ICU where I work.

We don’t take pediatrics at my ICU, they are sent to OU Children’s a few blocks over. Several of my colleagues have discussed with me they are seeing kids with no co-morbidotoes getting admitted, this did not happen previously.
I’m not seeing it with my friends and family, even the fat ones? Still seems greatly overblown. Not for those getting sick of course but not a world ending pandemic either.
Dan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dan47 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2021, 10:43pm   #24
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratflinger View Post
Well if you are staying non-political in this then I will happily listen to your opinions. Right now there is virtually zero credibility with .gov, CDC, News, etc.
How many vaxxed people are you seeing? The people in your ICU - are they waiting until to late to see a Dr or what?
I’m seriously don’t watch the news (other than local
Weather/traffic, have yet to find a non bias source.

I get daily briefs from our hospital data sources and state health department.

As I work in the urgent care outpatient setting as well as the hospital, it is interesting to watch how things are changing.

I am seeing vaccinated people testing positive, but their symptoms are very mild, allergy like. For instance, I’ll test an entire family and the vaccinated vs unvaccinated present very differently. Of course only an assumption, but assume since same household, they all have same strain.

Most admits to the hospital are in first 5 days. Usually if they go to ICU it occurs from day 5 to day 10. Sure you are aware of the cytokine storm. The lungs just cannot keep up with fluid and inflammation and sadly we have to vent the worst ones

The most successful things we have used have been use of convalescent plasma and of course the vaccine We have a dedicated infusion site for the plasma that we were hoping to close down, now ramping back up.

As stated also, this is affecting kids, unlike before. Seeing perfectly healthy kids with asthma like symptoms.

As I work in pulmonary, the most concerning thing is the long term consequences. Seem lots of people that were very healthy have *permanent lung damage post COVID.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C3C7NIC For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2021, 11:01pm   #25
BayouCountry
Barn Stall Owner #105

Just curious C3. Is your hospital allowed to administer REGEN-COV to their patients?

Quote:
FDA authorizes REGEN-COV monoclonal antibody therapy for post-exposure prophylaxis (prevention) for COVID-19
https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safet...ntion-covid-19
Old 07-31-2021, 11:16pm   #26
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,222 Times in 13,388 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

All credibility has been lost with every person or group associated with it. I'll take my chances.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2021, 11:31pm   #27
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouCountry View Post
Just curious C3. Is your hospital allowed to administer REGEN-COV to their patients?

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safet...ntion-covid-19
We use the monoclonal abx treatment for SARSCOV2 + patients that meet criteria, but not as prophylaxis at this point. Of course that could change moving forward. Our medical director follows data closely and adjusts protocols accordingly.

Of course, things change often as we learn more and although some “lay” people get frustrated with information changing, as we gather knowledge, it is good to make recommendations based on what we learn. Guess that’s why they call it “practicing” medicine. Lol.
Old 08-01-2021, 12:00am   #28
ZipZap
Barn Stall Owner #55
Island14 Cardio Team
Activity: 92.4%

Location: A sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory
Thanked 9,066 Times in 4,289 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23236

Quote:
I’m seriously don’t watch the news (other than local
Weather/traffic, have yet to find a non bias source.

I get daily briefs from our hospital data sources and state health department.

As I work in the urgent care outpatient setting as well as the hospital, it is interesting to watch how things are changing.

I am seeing vaccinated people testing positive, but their symptoms are very mild, allergy like. For instance, I’ll test an entire family and the vaccinated vs unvaccinated present very differently. Of course only an assumption, but assume since same household, they all have same strain.

Most admits to the hospital are in first 5 days. Usually if they go to ICU it occurs from day 5 to day 10. Sure you are aware of the cytokine storm. The lungs just cannot keep up with fluid and inflammation and sadly we have to vent the worst ones

The most successful things we have used have been use of convalescent plasma and of course the vaccine We have a dedicated infusion site for the plasma that we were hoping to close down, now ramping back up.

As stated also, this is affecting kids, unlike before. Seeing perfectly healthy kids with asthma like symptoms.

As I work in pulmonary, the most concerning thing is the long term consequences. Seem lots of peole that were very healthy have perminate lung damage post COVID.
So, as a frontline worker I really respect your input. WTF should we be doing? I got the jab. I'm not going to go push others to do the same. The vax is very available right now. I'm letting others do as they choose and let the chips fall where they may. Is there an alternative?
ZipZap is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ZipZap For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2021, 12:06am   #29
bill_daniels
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.4%

Thanked 40,923 Times in 17,008 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
We use the monoclonal abx treatment for SARSCOV2 + patients that meet criteria, but not as prophylaxis at this point. Of course that could change moving forward. Our medical director follows data closely and adjusts protocols accordingly.

Of course, things change often as we learn more and although some “lay” people get frustrated with information changing, as we gather knowledge, it is good to make recommendations based on what we learn. Guess that’s why they call it “practicing” medicine. Lol.
What about the HCQ/zithromycin/zinc, Ivermectin, and MATH+ protocol?

Are people coming in that have used these and failed?
bill_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 6:17am   #30
Broken Wind
A Real Barner
Activity: 2.9%

Thanked 2,416 Times in 933 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1013854

This thread brought to you by the prettiest troll on the internet.
Broken Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 6:43am   #31
Strats-N-Vettes
SOME Real Barner
Activity: 8.1%

Thanked 25,339 Times in 9,150 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2034428

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Wind View Post

Pretty; yes.
But just because she is a healthcare worker that believes in the vax doesn't make her a troll.
Strats-N-Vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Strats-N-Vettes For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2021, 6:50am   #32
Rodnok1
A Real Barner
Activity: 60.4%

Thanked 23,652 Times in 9,765 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $315482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes View Post
Pretty; yes.
But just because she is a healthcare worker that believes in the vax doesn't make her a troll.

She's about as far from a troll as you can get I think anyway.
Rodnok1 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rodnok1 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2021, 6:59am   #33
BayouCountry
Barn Stall Owner #105

Quote:
Point out where in this thread the OP said you are stupid if you don’t get the vaccine or push people to get the vaccine.

All I see is real world information being presented for discussion. Did I read it wrong?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BayouCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2021, 7:25am   #34
Dan47
Barn Stall Owner #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
All credibility has been lost with every person or group associated with it. I'll take my chances.

I’ve known some young people, I used to be one but very few that led healthy lifestyles. Fast food, vaping, drugs, etc. And I still don’t know one that has been hospitalized for covid? Not saying it isn’t happening but it isn’t an epidemic here like obesity is and that has become a young person disease, too.

It’s ridiculous how unhealthy our society has become, (generally speaking). Maybe time for Tony Fauci, the CDC and all the other medical authorities pumping this vaccine nonsense to explain how that happened on their watch?

They have zero credibility in my eyes and frankly speaking, “can eat a bag of dicks.”
Attached Thumbnails
A781A580-DB43-4FCB-BA5D-68D84F2B785A.jpeg  

Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dan47 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2021, 7:28am   #35
Strats-N-Vettes
SOME Real Barner
Activity: 8.1%

Thanked 25,339 Times in 9,150 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2034428

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouCountry View Post
Point out where in this thread the OP said you are stupid if you don’t get the vaccine or push people to get the vaccine.

All I see is real world information being presented for discussion. Did I read it wrong?

She didn't...and we know that.
But; she did take a swipe at the "COVID was made up to destroy Trump's positive economy" people with her first post....still doesn't make her a troll.

Now; if she does it several more times it's a different story...I'll fly to OK. with fresh gulf shrimp and eat em in front of her, and she'll get none...none I tell ya!
Strats-N-Vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strats-N-Vettes For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2021, 8:07am   #36
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipZap View Post
So, as a frontline worker I really respect your input. WTF should we be doing? I got the jab. I'm not going to go push others to do the same. The vax is very available right now. I'm letting others do as they choose and let the chips fall where they may. Is there an alternative?
ALERT the following statements are ONLY my opinion, but you asked so here goes:

1.) I think those that chose to get the vaccine SHOULD, not just for themselves but for others. We know that herd immunity with this virus isn't the best option because: the immunity does not last long.

2) The shutdowns (as things currently stand) MUST not be reinstated. You cannot shut down an entire economy! Social distancing and MAYBE masking up IF things get worse again, but only in areas that are confirmed HOT spots.

3) If you are unvaccinated and end up in the hospital, I will treat you compassionately, I will feel sorry you made that choice, but.... make your bed, sleep in it. I do feel very bad for those that cannot get the vaccine and are at high risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenium Vette View Post
The biggest reason I got the shot at the first opportunity was my fear of permanent lung damage. I have a couple of friends that went through it and it was no fun for either of them.
1000%. Since I do see many perfectly healthy folks have serious long term issues with this virus, you are spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes View Post
She didn't...and we know that.
But; she did take a swipe at the "COVID was made up to destroy Trump's positive economy" people with her first post....still doesn't make her a troll.

Now; if she does it several more times it's a different story...I'll fly to OK. with fresh gulf shrimp and eat em in front of her, and she'll get none...none I tell ya!
Don't even try it with me Cajun, you WILL share your shrimp with me AND bring some mud bugs and even let me suck the heads.
Old 08-01-2021, 8:20am   #37
Dan47
Barn Stall Owner #106

Quote:
ALERT the following statements are ONLY my opinion, but you asked so here goes:

1.) I think those that chose to get the vaccine SHOULD, not just for themselves but for others. We know that herd immunity with this virus isn't the best option because: the immunity does not last long.

2) The shutdowns (as things currently stand) MUST not be reinstated. You cannot shut down an entire economy! Social distancing and MAYBE masking up IF things get worse again, but only in areas that are confirmed HOT spots.

3) If you are unvaccinated and end up in the hospital, I will treat you compassionately, I will feel sorry you made that choice, but.... make your bed, sleep in it. I do feel very bad for those that cannot get the vaccine and are at high risk.

1000%. Since I do see many perfectly healthy folks have serious long term issues with this virus, you are spot on.

Don't even try it with me Cajun, you WILL share your shrimp with me AND bring some mud bugs and even let me suck the heads.
In regards to the bolded:

You get paid to treat your patients compassionately. You aren’t doing anyone a favor, it’s your job.

And I still don’t know a single individual with long term issues related to this virus, dead or otherwise.

None of this is meant as a personal attack but you’ve chosen to present yourself as a medical authority and push the “vaccine”.
Old 08-01-2021, 8:21am   #38
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102

Quote:
Not sure if to tell you thank you or STFU.

In either case, GFY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
What about the HCQ/zithromycin/zinc, Ivermectin, and MATH+ protocol?

Are people coming in that have used these and failed?
Bill,

In the beginning, we had just about everything on our hospital formulary, including HCQ. As time has gone on we were quickly learning what did and what did not work. Of course EVERY patient is different, but we had to follow trends.

Did no take long to see that HCQ made absolutely no difference, still the falsehood circulated, even to currently, patients ask me for it.

Then the Ivermectin theory started, to be honest, there are some studies underway, and I cannot speak to the efficacy, I have had 2 patients hospitalized already on it, and it made no difference (unvaccinated).

We do use Azithromycin if a patient develops bacterial pneumonia and the C&S shows susceptibility.

Absolutely on the Zinc, V-C, melatonin and other immune boosters, a miracle sure, no but helps with defense.

MATH+, yes, assuming no contraindications on the recommended list of meds. Of course every pt. is treated individually based on their medical history, current status etc. Our main complications we are battling is ARDS (acute respiratory distress syndrome) and hypercoagulability.

As stated earlier in this thread, in my experience the 2 most successful approaches are:

1) Pre: VACCINATION

2) Post infection: Early CASIRIVIMAB/IMDEVIMAB (Regeneron) infusion.
Old 08-01-2021, 8:26am   #39
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102

Quote:
In regards to the bolded:

You get paid to treat your patients compassionately. You aren’t doing anyone a favor, it’s your job.

And I still don’t know a single individual with long term issues related to this virus, dead or otherwise.

None of this is meant as a personal attack but you’ve chosen to present yourself as a medical authority and push the “vaccine”.
Not true at all.

The pulmonologist that I work for, have refused to intubate or do any invasive procedures on unvaccinated patients.

So you are saying if you are a mechanic, you have to take any car that comes in the door needing fixed?

In the ER, we cannot refuse life saving treatments, but we can refuse to take patients under our care.

I have never once "pushed' the vaccine. I simply said if you refuse to get it, you live with that consequence, as do others.

I took an oath to "Do no Harm" that oath does not say I must be compassionate. Have had to treat drunk drivers in the ER that just killed others in the car they slammed into, do I have compassion for the asshole I am treating, no, do I treat them anyway, yes
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C3C7NIC For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2021, 8:29am   #40
StaticCling
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 5,967 Times in 2,426 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $46509956

Have you seen any breakthrough cases with serious complications? I'm Vaxed btw, both doses of Pfizer...wifey too.
StaticCling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StaticCling For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion