Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2018, 11:27am   #1
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,448 Times in 17,244 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492
Default Nice Kitty: CA Woman Finds Mountain Lion in Her Yard

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2018/02...1661519835746/

Quote:
California woman finds mountain lion in back yard
By Ben Hooper | Feb. 28, 2018 at 11:44 AM

Feb. 28 (UPI) -- A California woman managed to snap some photos after she and her 11-year-old son came face to face with a mountain lion in their back yard.

Danielle Deming said her son, Michael, 11, was putting his bike away just before 2:30 p.m. Feb. 20 when she spotted some movement near a fence behind her home in Irvine.

"Just as Michael closed the gate to come around to the front door I saw a large cat face appear," Deming told the Orange County Register. "It was a mountain lion in our backyard watching Michael. I was very concerned because I didn't expect to see it in a residential neighborhood."

Deming quickly ushered Michael inside just before the big cat climbed over a fence to a neighbor's yard. She said she texted a warning to her neighbors and called the Irvine Animal Control Center.

"It sounded crazy and I didn't think they would believe me," she said. "The animal control officer that called me back even said that the last person who reported a mountain lion had actually seen a large mama raccoon with six of her babies hanging onto her."

Deming said the cougar jumped back over the fence moments later and she snapped photos of the feline to send to the animal control officer.

"It looked very calm, and it wasn't until later that I took a closer look at the pictures that I could see how big its paws were and that its claws were extended," Deming said.

Animal control officers soon arrived in the neighborhood and were able to shoot the mountain lion with a tranquilizer dart.

The California Department of Fish and Wildlife said the 3-year-old, 110-pound male mountain lion was relocated back to its natural habitat.

Officials said the big cat had apparently been tracking some prey when it ended up lost in the urban environment.

"It was in the wrong place and had no route back to its habitat," CDFW spokesman Andrew Hughan said.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:36am   #2
FasterTraffic
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 2,735 Times in 1,411 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2008887

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
"...apparently been tracking some prey when it ended up lost in the urban environment."
Easy enough to do when there are only three models of house and two authorized shades of beige.
FasterTraffic is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic