Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  
 
Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2020, 2:46pm   #1
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #104
Points: 11,132, Level: 72
Activity: 99.4%
 
C3C7NIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 5,847
Thanks: 2,838
Thanked 3,111 Times in 1,261 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15579
Default 80% 20% explained by an expert.

Interested in the science behind the virus?

A doubter of the predictive numbers?

Not a doubter but still want some clarity on why the entire world as we know it has changed? What's the BIG deal?


C3C7NIC is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C3C7NIC For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 3:17pm   #2
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 85,015, Level: 100
Activity: 35.9%
 
mrvette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Orange Park Florida
Posts: 49,081
Thanks: 24,410
Thanked 7,220 Times in 3,994 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1134812
Default

NOT 35 minits worth, .......

notes please......


5 min max time.....
mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mrvette For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 3:36pm   #3
Raazor
A Real Barner
Points: 19,975, Level: 97
Activity: 73.7%
 
Raazor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Big Sky Country... Where the men are men, the sheep are nervous, and the winters are LOOONG!!!
Posts: 12,760
Thanks: 8,206
Thanked 4,868 Times in 2,433 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1124123
Default

I'm generally good for 15-20 seconds of Forum Related attention span.

cliffs?
Raazor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raazor For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 3:46pm   #4
Stevedore
Bantayan Kids '17
Points: 8,847, Level: 65
Activity: 5.5%
 
Stevedore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Long Valley, NJ
Posts: 1,902
Thanks: 896
Thanked 616 Times in 347 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $405758
Default

Interesting overview. I've been feeling pretty good, but found myself taking deep breaths during his explanation.

I'm taking this seriously, as I already lost a small piece of one lung a long time ago due to complications from pneumonia.
Stevedore is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stevedore For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 4:17pm   #5
aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Points: 47,843, Level: 100
Activity: 81.4%
 
aerovette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 1/1/20 club
Posts: 20,958
Thanks: 7,418
Thanked 10,749 Times in 4,796 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $95803
Default

So many saying this wasn't airborne, have just been shown that is incorrect.
aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 4:22pm   #6
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #104
Points: 11,132, Level: 72
Activity: 99.4%
 
C3C7NIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 5,847
Thanks: 2,838
Thanked 3,111 Times in 1,261 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
So many saying this wasn't airborne, have just been shown that is incorrect.
Droplet spread is not "airborne".


C3C7NIC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 4:47pm   #7
aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Points: 47,843, Level: 100
Activity: 81.4%
 
aerovette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 1/1/20 club
Posts: 20,958
Thanks: 7,418
Thanked 10,749 Times in 4,796 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $95803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C7NIC View Post
Droplet spread is not "airborne".


So this doctor is wrong. That casts doubt on every other thing he said.

Can I get my 35 minutes back?
aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 4:54pm   #8
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #104
Points: 11,132, Level: 72
Activity: 99.4%
 
C3C7NIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 5,847
Thanks: 2,838
Thanked 3,111 Times in 1,261 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
So this doctor is wrong. That casts doubt on every other thing he said.

Can I get my 35 minutes back?
Out of that entire educational experience, that is all you took away?

At 6:11 he clearly explains the "airborne" being 6 foot from someone when they cough/sneeze etc, not "airborne" like anywhere is a room with someone like chicken pox. Hence the chart I posted up that explains to confusing difference to the lay person.
C3C7NIC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 5:02pm   #9
aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Points: 47,843, Level: 100
Activity: 81.4%
 
aerovette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 1/1/20 club
Posts: 20,958
Thanks: 7,418
Thanked 10,749 Times in 4,796 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $95803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C7NIC View Post
Out of that entire educational experience, that is all you took away?

At 6:11 he clearly explains the "airborne" being 6 foot from someone when they cough/sneeze etc, not "airborne" like anywhere is a room with someone like chicken pox. Hence the chart I posted up that explains to confusing difference to the lay person.

I wasn't confused by his definition. You said it is not airborne (as did a few others), he clearly stated it is airborne...along with the explanation of airborne vs aerosolized. That was my point, not my take away.

My take-away is that it works just like every other respiratory ailment once in the body. The key is keeping it out of the body via cleanliness, limiting risk of exposure, etc.
aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 5:05pm   #10
Cool 50th AE
Barn Stall Owner #666
Points: 3,338, Level: 37
Activity: 26.9%
 
Cool 50th AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 572
Thanks: 4
Thanked 610 Times in 280 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3410
Default

Iím not a big fan of a doctor that will cut the stomach out of fat teenage girls because itís easier than going on a diet.
Cool 50th AE is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cool 50th AE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 5:07pm   #11
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Points: 11,761, Level: 75
Activity: 99.0%
 
Steve_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: On the beach
Posts: 4,169
Thanks: 1,561
Thanked 3,552 Times in 1,570 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1013695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raazor View Post
I'm generally good for 15-20 seconds of Forum Related attention span.

cliffs?
15-20 seconds? Impressive.

Cliffs?
Steve_R is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 5:14pm   #12
Mick
A Real Barner
Points: 5,503, Level: 50
Activity: 76.5%
 
Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 2,178
Thanks: 259
Thanked 1,949 Times in 953 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9713
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C7NIC View Post
Droplet spread is not "airborne".


I saw "fecal-oral" and moved on. I'm just not into tossing salads and such.
Mick is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mick For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 5:16pm   #13
aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Points: 47,843, Level: 100
Activity: 81.4%
 
aerovette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 1/1/20 club
Posts: 20,958
Thanks: 7,418
Thanked 10,749 Times in 4,796 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $95803
Default

It was actually very informative, but I could have done without the doom and gloom finale.

In related news, I went outside and looked up and the sky has not yet fallen.
aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 5:24pm   #14
dwjz06
Dogface
Barn Stall Owner #409
Bantayan Kids '13,'15,'17
Points: 29,489, Level: 100
Activity: 82.6%
 
dwjz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Shitty Azz Blue State (MD)
Posts: 20,297
Thanks: 9,291
Thanked 3,963 Times in 2,858 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2443792
Default

People will drop off of this guys video with the pimp story. WTF? of all the examples. Funny, but he wants people to take this seriously right. I had pneumonia before, and this scares the chit out of me, cause he explained in detail how I almost died in 2009. He can edit it down some too.
dwjz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 6:14pm   #15
Mick
A Real Barner
Points: 5,503, Level: 50
Activity: 76.5%
 
Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 2,178
Thanks: 259
Thanked 1,949 Times in 953 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9713
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwjz06 View Post
People will drop off of this guys video with the pimp story. WTF? of all the examples. Funny, but he wants people to take this seriously right. I had pneumonia before, and this scares the chit out of me, cause he explained in detail how I almost died in 2009. He can edit it down some too.
I've had viral pneumonia three times, most recently in 2010. All three times, I was sure I was going to die. in fact, about the time I was ready to swallow a bottle of rat poison was when I started to feel a little better. So believe me, I know getting one of these things is no joke.

Here is what I think we should be learning from all of this:

1. If you are sick, STAY THE **** HOME!

2. Our health care system is exactly ZERO PERCENT better prepared for this shit than they were 100 years ago when the "Spanish Flu" hit. The entire industry should be ashamed of themselves.

3. Our so-called "political leadership" is NOT AT ALL PREPARED for a serious threat like an infectious disease that is running rampant in our society. They should also be ashamed of themselves.

One of the things I used to get paid a handsome amount of money per year to work on was "contingency planning". It seems to me like our health care system and political leadership has not given a single thought to that. This is what has seriously pissed me off. There are folks out there that do this for a living, and are a shit load smarter than I am. HIRE SOME PEOPLE WHO KNOW HOW TO PREPARE FOR THIS SHIT!

But no, we'll just give trillions of dollars to museums and shit, and we'll all feel better in a couple of weeks.
Mick is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mick For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 6:36pm   #16
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Points: 59,715, Level: 100
Activity: 40.7%
 
MrPeabody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 33,375
Thanks: 13,763
Thanked 11,306 Times in 5,592 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2212576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I've had viral pneumonia three times, most recently in 2010. All three times, I was sure I was going to die. in fact, about the time I was ready to swallow a bottle of rat poison was when I started to feel a little better. So believe me, I know getting one of these things is no joke.

Here is what I think we should be learning from all of this:

1. If you are sick, STAY THE **** HOME!

2. Our health care system is exactly ZERO PERCENT better prepared for this shit than they were 100 years ago when the "Spanish Flu" hit. The entire industry should be ashamed of themselves.

3. Our so-called "political leadership" is NOT AT ALL PREPARED for a serious threat like an infectious disease that is running rampant in our society. They should also be ashamed of themselves.

One of the things I used to get paid a handsome amount of money per year to work on was "contingency planning". It seems to me like our health care system and political leadership has not given a single thought to that. This is what has seriously pissed me off. There are folks out there that do this for a living, and are a shit load smarter than I am. HIRE SOME PEOPLE WHO KNOW HOW TO PREPARE FOR THIS SHIT!

But no, we'll just give trillions of dollars to museums and shit, and we'll all feel better in a couple of weeks.
The health care industry is run by accountants.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 7:08pm   #17
Knooger
A Real Barner
Points: 13,631, Level: 80
Activity: 1.3%
 
Knooger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,144
Thanks: 259
Thanked 1,719 Times in 729 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
In related news, I went outside and looked up and the sky has not yet fallen.
Check again at the beginning of June.
Knooger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Knooger For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 7:09pm   #18
Raazor
A Real Barner
Points: 19,975, Level: 97
Activity: 73.7%
 
Raazor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Big Sky Country... Where the men are men, the sheep are nervous, and the winters are LOOONG!!!
Posts: 12,760
Thanks: 8,206
Thanked 4,868 Times in 2,433 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1124123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
15-20 seconds? Impressive.

Cliffs?
well, it's nic. for most it's' 7-10 seconds
Raazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 7:49pm   #19
aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Points: 47,843, Level: 100
Activity: 81.4%
 
aerovette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 1/1/20 club
Posts: 20,958
Thanks: 7,418
Thanked 10,749 Times in 4,796 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $95803
Default

Here's another...no pimps mentioned in this one.

aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 8:04pm   #20
Hardluck
A Real Barner
Points: 11,483, Level: 74
Activity: 99.0%
 
Hardluck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Al
Posts: 2,716
Thanks: 77
Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,050 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $13696
Default

Hey did you guys hear about the patent the US Army had on this years ago and then the European patent on the cure for it!!! Ask SB, she will tell you all about it!
Hardluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:52am.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 - 2019 The Vette Barn


Support the Barn:
 
Download the Mobile App;
 
Follow us on Facebook:

Become a Stall Owner

 

Apple iOS App        Google Android App

 

Visit our Facebook page