Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  
 
Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2020, 6:00pm   #161
Mick
A Real Barner
Points: 5,557, Level: 51
Activity: 75.9%
 
Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 2,203
Thanks: 261
Thanked 2,003 Times in 975 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
As testing increases the raw numbers of positive (and negative) results will increase. Stevie Wonder could see that coming.

Testing here - youíre supposed to have at least one symptom to be tested - is running 90% negative.
Exactly what I was saying with "data noise". Changes in number of tests available, and therefore, changes in the protocol of who gets tested, introduce noise to the data. Differences in how doctors decide who "died from COVID19" introduce noise into the data. There are probably dozens, or maybe even hundreds of other confounding variables. Over time, most of this shit should normalize, but right now, we just have to deal with the fact that the data is rough.

They wouldn't have paid me what they paid me in Corporate America if I demanded that business decisions wait until the supporting data had normalized.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 6:36pm   #162
The_Dude
Bantayan Kids '14
Points: 21,207, Level: 100
Activity: 64.9%
 
The_Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 9,602
Thanks: 4,842
Thanked 2,876 Times in 1,385 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $806803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 View Post
I don't walk and live in fear. I don't listen to the media. And in a couple of month when they say it's ok to go back living the way we used to because you wearing mask and gloves and staying 6 ft apart did it. Next year they'll have CoronaVires20 but will only have too wear one glove stay 3 ft apart and a mask will be optional.
CoronaJackson5
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 6:58pm   #163
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Points: 11,877, Level: 75
Activity: 99.2%
 
Steve_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: On the beach
Posts: 4,224
Thanks: 1,584
Thanked 3,643 Times in 1,600 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1013855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Exactly what I was saying with "data noise". Changes in number of tests available, and therefore, changes in the protocol of who gets tested, introduce noise to the data. Differences in how doctors decide who "died from COVID19" introduce noise into the data. There are probably dozens, or maybe even hundreds of other confounding variables. Over time, most of this shit should normalize, but right now, we just have to deal with the fact that the data is rough.
Noise in data? Confounding variables? Normalize? You know thatís greek to most people, right? Iím convinced they donít teach basic math or statistics any more. Discussions over there about ďexponential increaseĒ prove it. Hell, ask 10 smart adults the difference between mean and median and youíll get mostly blank stares. The data set on this virus right now is so small, making the error so large, that you can make it say anything you want - but you obviously know that.
Steve_R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2020, 7:03pm   #164
Murray
A Real Barner
Points: 6,583, Level: 56
Activity: 33.3%
 
Murray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,975
Thanks: 107
Thanked 2,096 Times in 960 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
YOUR analysis is correct. It took 5 days for US total cases to double from a week ago. It will probably take 3 more days to get past 400,000, which would be another doubling. In other words, doubling about every 5 days.

This was my whole point, that cases doubling every 2-3 days as was the media-pushed hysteria of a week ago (of which the article you posted from a week ago is a perfect example), were wrong, and the data has proven that out.
:
Okay Iíll make this short as I can....

The article was about the fact the numbers doubled in 3 days, it wasnít a guess, it was a fact, something you say didnít happen.

This was the headline.....



US coronavirus cases top 100,000, doubling in three days
Murray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 7:06pm   #165
Mick
A Real Barner
Points: 5,557, Level: 51
Activity: 75.9%
 
Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 2,203
Thanks: 261
Thanked 2,003 Times in 975 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray View Post
Okay Iíll make this short as I can....

The article was about the fact the numbers doubled in 3 days, it wasnít a guess, it was a fact, something you say didnít happen.

This was the headline.....



US coronavirus cases top 100,000, doubling in three days
So, you agreed, then deleted your post and now don't agree? I just want to make sure I have that correct. Thanks.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 7:11pm   #166
Murray
A Real Barner
Points: 6,583, Level: 56
Activity: 33.3%
 
Murray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,975
Thanks: 107
Thanked 2,096 Times in 960 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
So, you agreed, then deleted your post and now don't agree? I just want to make sure I have that correct. Thanks.
Itís like youíre Doug, but smarter. It was easier to agree than go down that road.

Then I read your response after a heated discussion with my wifeís aunt and decided I wouldnít let you get away with being wrong.

What you say never happened did happen.
Murray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 7:16pm   #167
Mick
A Real Barner
Points: 5,557, Level: 51
Activity: 75.9%
 
Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 2,203
Thanks: 261
Thanked 2,003 Times in 975 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray View Post
Itís like youíre Doug, but smarter. It was easier to agree than go down that road.

Then I read your response after a heated discussion with my wifeís aunt and decided I wouldnít let you get away with being wrong.

What you say never happened did happen.
What you say never happened did happen. The difference between the two of us is that you are still butt hurt about it more than 2 YEARS later, and I am not.

You and Nikki call me "Doug" in an effort to go straight to personal insults when you realize that you have no counter-argument. Both or your tactics are highly predictable, just like Doug's, which is why I don't bother to argue with him any more. But go ahead, and try to make the semantic argument about exactly what the title of the article was, and how you feel that invalidates any skepticism of the content of the entire article. I'll expect you to move the goal posts numerous times, and play the victim repeatedly.

And I expect Nikki to tell me I am ugly and that she doesn't like my hair any time now.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 7:18pm   #168
Murray
A Real Barner
Points: 6,583, Level: 56
Activity: 33.3%
 
Murray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,975
Thanks: 107
Thanked 2,096 Times in 960 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19951
Default

And since youíre into numbers hereís some with no noise

Registered or known cases in USA 276,965

Of those cases, the number with a full recovery is 12,283

The number of deaths is 7,391

Those are all hard numbers, no guesses.

The US percentage of death vs recovered in closed cases is staggering.

Canada is sitting at 8 %

Stay safe ❤️

Can you see how serious this is?
Murray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 7:27pm   #169
Murray
A Real Barner
Points: 6,583, Level: 56
Activity: 33.3%
 
Murray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,975
Thanks: 107
Thanked 2,096 Times in 960 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
What you say never happened did happen. The difference between the two of us is that you are still butt hurt about it more than 2 YEARS later, and I am not.

You and Nikki call me "Doug" in an effort to go straight to personal insults when you realize that you have no counter-argument. Both or your tactics are highly predictable, just like Doug's, which is why I don't bother to argue with him any more. But go ahead, and try to make the semantic argument about exactly what the title of the article was, and how you feel that invalidates any skepticism of the content of the entire article. I'll expect you to move the goal posts numerous times, and play the victim repeatedly.

And I expect Nikki to tell me I am ugly and that she doesn't like my hair any time now.
Okay, Iíll try one more time.

You stated the news was saying 2-3 weeks ago that cases would double in 2-3 days.

You said it was in fact every 5 days (todayís stats maybe ) (Iím guessing)

I link an article from a week ago stating they doubled in 3 days (like you say never happened) and Iím somehow moving the goal posts

As far as two years ago, you stated I did something to another member that never happened, many people agreed and youíve yet to apologize for it.

So not only were you wrong then, youíre wrong now and at no time will you be man enough to admit either time.

My statement ďwhat you say never happened did happenĒwas referring to the case numbers doubling in 3 days, not something from two years ago.
Murray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 8:00pm   #170
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #104
Points: 11,228, Level: 73
Activity: 97.7%
 
C3C7NIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 5,933
Thanks: 2,896
Thanked 3,207 Times in 1,291 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
What you say never happened did happen. The difference between the two of us is that you are still butt hurt about it more than 2 YEARS later, and I am not.

You and Nikki call me "Doug" in an effort to go straight to personal insults when you realize that you have no counter-argument. Both or your tactics are highly predictable, just like Doug's, which is why I don't bother to argue with him any more. But go ahead, and try to make the semantic argument about exactly what the title of the article was, and how you feel that invalidates any skepticism of the content of the entire article. I'll expect you to move the goal posts numerous times, and play the victim repeatedly.

And I expect Nikki to tell me I am ugly and that she doesn't like my hair any time now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Where did I say I didn't believe the numbers? In fact, I am using numbers from the same sites you have linked in your own posts, so it is implicit in my posts that I DO believe the numbers. If you have sites with data you think is superior, post them up, and I would be happy to look at those numbers.

But you won't, because you can't seem to handle the fact that someone has a different view than you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
YOUR analysis is correct. It took 5 days for US total cases to double from a week ago. It will probably take 3 more days to get past 400,000, which would be another doubling. In other words, doubling about every 5 days.

This was my whole point, that cases doubling every 2-3 days as was the media-pushed hysteria of a week ago (of which the article you posted from a week ago is a perfect example), were wrong, and the data has proven that out.

AFAIK, I have made no statement, inference, or implication that I "don't believe" the data. But as usual, we have some drama queens in here who MUST read a bunch of stuff into posts that just plain isn't there.

FWIW: I do believe the data is very noisy. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, and no one who has ever worked in any data analysis field, like ever, would expect to get data that isn't noisy, especially early on in a growth curve like we are now. This is one of the reasons why I have specifically pointed out IN THIS VERY THREAD that we were working with a tiny data set here. Yes, it is growing, but the data set is still very small. This is nothing more than a recognition of reality, and does not mean in any way that I "don't believe the numbers".

Da fuq is your deal man?

I was having fun in this thread till....

I've been busy actually working a 12 hour shift today.

Pretty sure I can identify the one here being the drama queen.

Need me to prescribe some nerve pills for ya?

Jeebus Chris!

Gonna go and treat myself to a few cold drinks.

Have fun Doug~E (2)
C3C7NIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 8:02pm   #171
Anjdog2003
A Real Barner
Points: 5,743, Level: 51
Activity: 98.3%
 
Anjdog2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: In some people's minds
Posts: 3,883
Thanks: 2,131
Thanked 2,344 Times in 1,031 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
CoronaJackson5


I have the CoronaJackson2,3, and 4 Album.
Anjdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Anjdog2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2020, 8:39pm   #172
Mick
A Real Barner
Points: 5,557, Level: 51
Activity: 75.9%
 
Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 2,203
Thanks: 261
Thanked 2,003 Times in 975 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray View Post
As far as two years ago, you stated I did something to another member that never happened, many people agreed and youíve yet to apologize for it.
Then I have no idea what you are talking about. 2+ years ago, I said you posted some shit to me, IC, and Neece, intended to piss us off, and then later deleted it. You admitted to doing it. AFAIK, no other poster ever said different. Your behavior in this thread tonight only supports my assertion that this is your MO.

You said some other shit happened, that I accused you of doing something someone else did, which I don't believe ever happened, but 2+ years ago I said it was possible I quoted the wrong post and made it look like that, but we'll never know because you and some other folks were so far over the line that night that the whole thread got boneyarded. But yeah, you're still butt hurt that I never gave some apology that you think I owed, even though I let go of the butt hurt from what you posted to me years ago that you admitted to without ever apologizing to me.

To make a long story short: enjoy your butt hurt. You can't let it go, but I'm the one who is "Doug"?
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 8:41pm   #173
Mick
A Real Barner
Points: 5,557, Level: 51
Activity: 75.9%
 
Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 2,203
Thanks: 261
Thanked 2,003 Times in 975 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C7NIC View Post
Da fuq is your deal man?

I was having fun in this thread till....

I've been busy actually working a 12 hour shift today.

Pretty sure I can identify the one here being the drama queen.

Need me to prescribe some nerve pills for ya?

Jeebus Chris!

Gonna go and treat myself to a few cold drinks.

Have fun Doug~E (2)


Maybe we should spar.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 9:02pm   #174
BOTY
A Real Barner
Points: 21,286, Level: 100
Activity: 79.3%
 
BOTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: IL
Posts: 16,891
Thanks: 9,408
Thanked 7,112 Times in 4,099 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15011842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Then I have no idea what you are talking about. 2+ years ago, I said you posted some shit to me, IC, and Neece, intended to piss us off, and then later deleted it. You admitted to doing it. AFAIK, no other poster ever said different. Your behavior in this thread tonight only supports my assertion that this is your MO.

You said some other shit happened, that I accused you of doing something someone else did, which I don't believe ever happened, but 2+ years ago I said it was possible I quoted the wrong post and made it look like that, but we'll never know because you and some other folks were so far over the line that night that the whole thread got boneyarded. But yeah, you're still butt hurt that I never gave some apology that you think I owed, even though I let go of the butt hurt from what you posted to me years ago that you admitted to without ever apologizing to me.

To make a long story short: enjoy your butt hurt. You can't let it go, but I'm the one who is "Doug"?
I spit-roasted IC and for good reason, so there is that. It wasn't Murray, the you and Neece thing IDK.
BOTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 9:04pm   #175
BOTY
A Real Barner
Points: 21,286, Level: 100
Activity: 79.3%
 
BOTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: IL
Posts: 16,891
Thanks: 9,408
Thanked 7,112 Times in 4,099 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15011842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTY View Post
I spit-roasted IC and for good reason, so there is that. It wasn't Murray, the you and Neece thing IDK.
In addition I seldom if ever delete any post. I have the scars to prove it.
BOTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 9:11pm   #176
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Points: 47,620, Level: 100
Activity: 14.8%
 
Cybercowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 17,640
Thanks: 947
Thanked 8,809 Times in 4,246 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11377380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray View Post
And since youíre into numbers hereís some with no noise

Registered or known cases in USA 276,965

Of those cases, the number with a full recovery is 12,283

The number of deaths is 7,391

Those are all hard numbers, no guesses.

The US percentage of death vs recovered in closed cases is staggering.

Canada is sitting at 8 %

Stay safe ❤️

Can you see how serious this is?
What if you found out that people show up with symptoms, arenít tested, and then are sent home. And counted as a known case. With 94-98% of the number with symptoms (according to Dr. Birx) not actually having the virus when tested you can draw your own conclusions.

This isnít the case everywhere. Maybe.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 9:28pm   #177
Murray
A Real Barner
Points: 6,583, Level: 56
Activity: 33.3%
 
Murray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,975
Thanks: 107
Thanked 2,096 Times in 960 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Then I have no idea what you are talking about. 2+ years ago, I said you posted some shit to me, IC, and Neece, intended to piss us off, and then later deleted it. You admitted to doing it. AFAIK, no other poster ever said different. Your behavior in this thread tonight only supports my assertion that this is your MO.

You said some other shit happened, that I accused you of doing something someone else did, which I don't believe ever happened, but 2+ years ago I said it was possible I quoted the wrong post and made it look like that, but we'll never know because you and some other folks were so far over the line that night that the whole thread got boneyarded. But yeah, you're still butt hurt that I never gave some apology that you think I owed, even though I let go of the butt hurt from what you posted to me years ago that you admitted to without ever apologizing to me.

To make a long story short: enjoy your butt hurt. You can't let it go, but I'm the one who is "Doug"?
You are a drama queen. I deleted ďagreedĒ and your going off like I posted pics of your wife naked. I admitted I did it and explained why.

Now you can understand why because ďagreedĒ was far easier than what this became. You were wrong, no biggie, sorry you canít deal with it.

As far a Neece is concerned I posted something in the heat of the battle, thought better of it and deleted it. It had **** all to do with you until you stuck your fat nose in the middle of it and questioned me about it.

If youíre the forum police on deleted posts, Iíll be sure to ask your permission the next time I feel inclined.

Again, as seen here, like I said before, ďagreedĒ was the easy way out. Seek help man
Murray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 9:30pm   #178
Murray
A Real Barner
Points: 6,583, Level: 56
Activity: 33.3%
 
Murray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1,975
Thanks: 107
Thanked 2,096 Times in 960 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
What if you found out that people show up with symptoms, arenít tested, and then are sent home. And counted as a known case. With 94-98% of the number with symptoms (according to Dr. Birx) not actually having the virus when tested you can draw your own conclusions.

This isnít the case everywhere. Maybe.
If you think they are counting people with some of the symptoms, then they are 80-100 million short on their numbers but you are allowed to believe as you wish
Murray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 9:45pm   #179
Millenium Vette
Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS Ď18
Points: 16,728, Level: 89
Activity: 5.4%
 
Millenium Vette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 9,773
Thanks: 6,009
Thanked 1,818 Times in 1,120 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6268621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
What if you found out that people show up with symptoms, arenít tested, and then are sent home. And counted as a known case. With 94-98% of the number with symptoms (according to Dr. Birx) not actually having the virus when tested you can draw your own conclusions.

This isnít the case everywhere. Maybe.
You should know better than to question the numbers. If they are put out there, they MUST be accurate.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray View Post
If you think they are counting people with some of the symptoms, then they are 80-100 million short on their numbers but you are allowed to believe as you wish
Since we are allowed to believe as we wish, per your edict, here is what I believe:

The "models" they use to get these numbers are ****ed up. I don't trust the people who come up with this stuff. I am skeptical. That doesn't mean I deny this virus shit, just that I don't blindly trust the experts giving us these numbers.
Millenium Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Millenium Vette For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2020, 9:49pm   #180
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Points: 47,620, Level: 100
Activity: 14.8%
 
Cybercowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 17,640
Thanks: 947
Thanked 8,809 Times in 4,246 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11377380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray View Post
If you think they are counting people with some of the symptoms, then they are 80-100 million short on their numbers but you are allowed to believe as you wish
I mean, I have literally seen people working in NYC hospitals state this. I'm sure they are just lying to us though.

Please ask me for a link. I have like 50 of them.

Jump to 2:35 or so and watch.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:
Reply

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:30am.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 - 2019 The Vette Barn


Support the Barn:
 
Download the Mobile App;
 
Follow us on Facebook:

Become a Stall Owner

 

Apple iOS App        Google Android App

 

Visit our Facebook page