Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2017, 1:05pm   #181
SteelCityBlue
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $106691

I am planning on learning a lot in this thread
SteelCityBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 1:08pm   #182
VatorMan
Barn Stall Owner #122
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'17
Activity: 11.2%

Thanked 8,381 Times in 4,242 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1158963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Meat View Post
I don't doubt a bit of that!

True story... first time I went TDY to Clark it was just myself and another airman. We hadn't been in country for more than 5 days before my buddy came down with the clap. So I drove him to the "clinic" on Clark, you know... the one in the basement of the hospital. LOL! I was completely floored when I found out the clinic had photo albums containing pictures of most of the working girls! My buddy had to point out the ladies he had spent time with so they could be tracked down and given a silver bullet too.

U.M.
There's a reason Corpsmen are called Pecker Checkers in the Navy.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VatorMan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2017, 4:29pm   #183
PLRX
Barn Stall Owner #120
Activity: 5.4%

Thanked 6,056 Times in 2,545 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9282448

Is there a Pizza Hut in the Philippines?
PLRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 4:57pm   #184
Broken Wind
A Real Barner
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 2,418 Times in 934 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1013854

I was stationed on Okinawa in '84, and the PI was only a space A hop away. The adjutant for my unit, a Marine captain, seemed to go to the PI once a month for a weekend of debauchery. The dude was constantly having to get his bore swabbed. He claimed his condoms kept breaking. I maintain he was using San Miguel's judgement.
Broken Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 5:07pm   #185
NCC-1701
Barn Stall Owner #1269
Activity: 0%

Thanked 3,598 Times in 1,444 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $232471

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLRX View Post
I was married once, for five years, divorced 11 years ago, and I don't think I'd ever do that again. It is not fair to judge all women for my misfortune, but it was dreadful to me. Knowing there is a 1% chance for it to happen again frightens me.
I have never been married and have no children. I've seen too many friends get divorced and taken to the cleaners. I have one friend paying lifetime alimony while she has a six figure income, a pension and lives in a beautiful house with her boyfriend of 10 years. He pays around 1200 a month forever and no children are involved. He is on a retirement salary and probably makes less than 6000 a month gross all because he was married 18 years to this person. In today's day and age I see no reason for a man to get married everything is against them the courts especially. I worked to hard for 30 years and risked my life to potentially give half away to someone. NO THANK YOU. A man would have to be a fool to take this route in today's age. Unfortunately there are very few who are loyal and really love the man they married but they are there you just have to get past the crazy ego maniac self centered succubus out there.
NCC-1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 5:10pm   #186
NCC-1701
Barn Stall Owner #1269

Quote:

True story... first time I went TDY to Clark it was just myself and another airman. We hadn't been in country for more than 5 days before my buddy came down with the clap. So I drove him to the "clinic" on Clark, you know... the one in the basement of the hospital. LOL! I was completely floored when I found out the clinic had photo albums containing pictures of most of the working girls! My buddy had to point out the ladies he had spent time with so they could be tracked down and given a silver bullet too.

U.M.
Now that's funny ..
Old 05-12-2017, 5:29pm   #187
PLRX
Barn Stall Owner #120
Activity: 5.4%

Thanked 6,056 Times in 2,545 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9282448

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-1701 View Post
I have never been married and have no children. I've seen too many friends get divorced and taken to the cleaners. I have one friend paying lifetime alimony while she has a six figure income, a pension and lives in a beautiful house with her boyfriend of 10 years. He pays around 1200 a month forever and no children are involved. He is on a retirement salary and probably makes less than 6000 a month gross all because he was married 18 years to this person. In today's day and age I see no reason for a man to get married everything is against them the courts especially. I worked to hard for 30 years and risked my life to potentially give half away to someone. NO THANK YOU. A man would have to be a fool to take this route in today's age. Unfortunately there are very few who are loyal and really love the man they married but they are there you just have to get past the crazy ego maniac self centered succubus out there.
Stories like this one are good enough to boost my bachelor morale for another 6 months. I enjoy my loneliness.
PLRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 7:12am   #188
theriver
A Real Barner
Activity: 3.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $212968

Quote:
Quote:
Stories like this one are good enough to boost my bachelor morale for another 6 months. I enjoy my loneliness.
So much of this I can relate to.
Sad.
sigh
theriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 8:23am   #189
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner
Activity: 28.6%

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.
Thanked 8,051 Times in 3,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1317070

Quote:

U.M.
I got to the P-I and being single, I lived in the barracks, Bldg 7508. My roommate was this dude named Rubio. Rubio was a different cat. He said he'd never go off base. He also was a boy trapped in a young man's body. I stuck around long enough to figure out a cool roommate, requested a new room, and moved. Meanwhile Rubio was a dedicated Airman. He was the one to show up on time, take on extra work, and work additional overtime at the first notice.
Then one day, things changed. Rubio went off-base. Rubio went a bar even. Rubio found a girl. Next thing ya know, Rubio is in love. He found his special purpose. One thing leads to another and Rubio goes AWOL. Eventually he's found by the Air Force. He tells a co-worker, he just wants enough money for rice and to buy a trike to support him and his girlfriend. A trike is a motorcycle with a sidecar used as a small taxi. Rubio gets a discharge and is never heard from again.
boracayjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to boracayjohnny For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2017, 8:42am   #190
thegreenman
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #22
Activity: 0.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8878

Quote:
Originally Posted by boracayjohnny View Post
I got to the P-I and being single, I lived in the barracks, Bldg 7508. My roommate was this dude named Rubio. Rubio was a different cat. He said he'd never go off base. He also was a boy trapped in a young man's body. I stuck around long enough to figure out a cool roommate, requested a new room, and moved. Meanwhile Rubio was a dedicated Airman. He was the one to show up on time, take on extra work, and work additional overtime at the first notice.
Then one day, things changed. Rubio went off-base. Rubio went a bar even. Rubio found a girl. Next thing ya know, Rubio is in love. He found his special purpose. One thing leads to another and Rubio goes AWOL. Eventually he's found by the Air Force. He tells a co-worker, he just wants enough money for rice and to buy a trike to support him and his girlfriend. A trike is a motorcycle with a sidecar used as a small taxi. Rubio gets a discharge and is never heard from again.
I was stationed in Korea in a Combat Comm unit, we had TDY's to the Philippines and Thailand, I would always volunteer but never got picked. After a couple of years I asked why they kept on passing on me especially since I was the most qualified. Finally I was told I partied so hard in S Korea and enjoyed the locals so much they were afraid I would have so much fun in either the Philippines and or Thailand they were afraid I would be AWOL until I was ready to go back to S Korea.

Their decision might have saved my USAF career.

I am older and wiser now (I hope).
thegreenman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thegreenman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2017, 9:12pm   #191
ASTROCREEP
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 0.6%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2997248

Quote:
Is there a Pizza Hut in the Philippines?
yes there is. They also have Shakeys, which is better IMO.
ASTROCREEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 5:22pm   #192
Der Flieger
Banned

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1502

Greenman: Question. If you DO take on a Filipina wife, how will that affect your security clearance, and as a result, your job?
Der Flieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 5:34pm   #193
StaticCling
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 5,967 Times in 2,426 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $46509956

Quote:
Originally Posted by boracayjohnny View Post
Jesus.
StaticCling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 6:29pm   #194
VatorMan
Barn Stall Owner #122
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'17
Activity: 11.2%

Thanked 8,381 Times in 4,242 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1158963

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
Jesus.
I could tell many stories that ended up just like this. 18 YO boy gets his first piece and falls in love.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 7:12pm   #195
Thunder22
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.3%

Thanked 2,770 Times in 1,283 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $216475

Quote:
If this is all true, your friend needs a better effing lawyer, because he's a fool.
Thunder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 7:19pm   #196
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 1.3%

Thanked 8,642 Times in 2,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2299270

Quote:
I have no plans to remarry. But I am far from lonely. I have a gf that I do things with and I also enjoy my solitude. No problems here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder22 View Post
If this is all true, your friend needs a better effing lawyer, because he's a fool.
Amen to that. I'd be curious to hear the backstory on this one.
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 7:20pm   #197
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner
Activity: 28.6%

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.
Thanked 8,051 Times in 3,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1317070

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
Jesus.
Clark had a great ability, the making of wild stories.

Random stories:

A fella arrived at Clark from McConnell AFB, Kansas. At McConnell, fella was Airman of the Quarter and Airman of the Year for the entire base. The AOY is a competition with some very sharp folks. One has to meet multiple boards and have a well written package submitted by leadership. It's similar to a popularity contest, I suppose. Anyway, fella gets to Clark and is young and single. He begins doing things young and single guys do. However, he can't keep the needs of the Air Force met. The two sides collide and he begins to collect paperwork telling him he's not following AF standards. One thing leads to another and he gets a discharge. One the way out, he does a couple of things that said he really didn't care. One, at the time, the AF duty uniform was the old Olive Green fatigues. They would fade during laundry. So, fella decides since he has been busted to E1 and has no rank to wear, he'll get E9, Chief Master Sgt, stripes sewed on, wash the fatigues a few times, and then take the Chief stripes off. Officially he wore the correct rank according to AF standards. Yet, the dark part where the removed Chief stripes stood out like a sore thumb.
Two, he had an electric fan in his room he wanted to sell. He sold it with the condition of leaving it at their door the day he left. He left and there were three guys waiting for "their" fan.
Basically, fella left a F-U for everyone in his path.

Pops. Pops was a dude in jail on base. He was in jail because the AF had found Pops well after he went AWOL from Vietnam. Word was he couldn't be charged with desertion because he still had his ID card. People in jail were brought to the chow hall three times a day for their meals. So, there he was being walked through with others who are much younger than him. Sad ending for Pops. He had a heart attack and passed away while still in the Clark jail.

Our First Sergeant, aka Shirt. The Shirt's job is the go between for the Enlisted and the Commander. The Shirt also is the dude that hands out punishment. At the monthly Commanders Call, a meeting with everyone in the Squadron and the Commander, the Shirt always said don't drink and drive. This went on for a year or two. Then, the Security Police caught someone DUI. Yea.....the Shirt immediately put in his retirement paperwork.
boracayjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 6:11am   #198
NCC-1701
Barn Stall Owner #1269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder22 View Post
It's a true story and he has tried several times to get it done away with to no avail and yes he is a fool.
Old 05-15-2017, 6:18am   #199
NCC-1701
Barn Stall Owner #1269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
I have no plans to remarry. But I am far from lonely. I have a gf that I do things with and I also enjoy my solitude. No problems here.

Amen to that. I'd be curious to hear the backstory on this one.
In Florida if your married beyond 18 years it can be lifetime alimony he had a crap attorney at that time but its too late now.

Another friend just got divorced he was married to a loon for 19 years he ended up giving up his house worth about 400k almost paid off half his pension when he retires had to give her 50 grand that he earned she never worked a day in her life alimony for 5 years and a bunch of other crap all because if he fought it he could have ended up with lifetime alimony and he didn't want to risk it.
Old 05-15-2017, 6:26am   #200
Uncle Meat
A Real Barner

Thanked 1,469 Times in 548 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $92626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Flieger View Post
Greenman: Question. If you DO take on a Filipina wife, how will that affect your security clearance, and as a result, your job?
Can't answer for Greenman, but my wife had to have a full NBI done before the USAF would recognize our marriage. In fact, we have THREE marriage contracts! We initially got married by a local "Justice of the Peace" just so we could be seen together in my wife's local province without causing an uproar for her family. We were married again a few days later in a standard church ceremony. We were wed for the last time 4 months later after her NBI was finally completed.

U.M.
Uncle Meat is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic