Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2018, 11:08am   #1
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,474 Times in 17,257 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492
Default FBI Warned about School Shooter in September!

The FBI Was Warned About A School Shooting Threat From A YouTube User Named Nikolas Cruz In September

Sadly, their resources were tied up spying on the President and they were unable to prevent this tragedy.

The shooter typed on a U-Tube chat log that he was going to be a professional school shooter. Nope. Nothing suspicious about that. Nosiree.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2018, 11:13am   #2
DAB
Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Activity: 9.0%

Thanked 33,038 Times in 14,171 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17500122

just watching a news conf. in FL, some FBI guy said that they didn't have any info on who it was that posted. no time or date or location.

you got a name. what do you want, an engraved invitation? you got a lead, that's what police get, leads. it's up to you to figure things out from there. a name. go find him. find his youtube account, find his internet location, and then his physical location. find him and interview him.

lazy weasels.

but no..... they want to talk about what I have to do, as in, what gun rights i must give up.

not going to happen.
DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DAB For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2018, 11:18am   #3
DAB
Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II

and now FL officials are hammering "mental illness". define that please, then we'll talk.
The Following User Says Thank You to DAB For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2018, 11:24am   #4
OddBall
A Real Barner
Activity: 36.0%

Thanked 10,517 Times in 5,423 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $29466197

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post
and now FL officials are hammering "mental illness". define that please, then we'll talk.
It's an election year. That definition is probably going to be made.
Better to have the conservatives make that definition than the liberals.
OddBall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OddBall For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2018, 11:29am   #5
DAB
Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II

i've said it before, and i'll say it again:

laws do not prevent crimes.

laws only punish the guilty after the fact. so passing more laws won't prevent more crimes.

as far as "mental health", that's a slippery slope to wander down. who decides what is "poor mental health"? the gov't? they can't run a railroad. they can't follow leads given to them. they can barely enforce the laws they have now.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DAB For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2018, 3:41pm   #6
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,690 Times in 13,647 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

School shooters are unimportant when they are busy digging for dirt on Trump.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2018, 4:50pm   #7
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 12.2%

Thanked 11,568 Times in 5,705 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
i've said it before, and i'll say it again:

laws do not prevent crimes.

laws only punish the guilty after the fact. so passing more laws won't prevent more crimes.

as far as "mental health", that's a slippery slope to wander down. who decides what is "poor mental health"? the gov't? they can't run a railroad. they can't follow leads given to them. they can barely enforce the laws they have now.
The mental health shit WAS taken care of back some decades ago....but NO, the .gov didn't want to just shit can the idiots, too expensive to warehouse them forever, and the SIGH-crap-ologists can't help, really.....the perps are nutz, and so just death sentence and get the HELL OVER IT!!!!!.....anyone publishing that crap.....Arrested quick as possible...and NO dumb bureaucrapic delays......a month's time of interviews....then out back and shot.....MAY have to include some family members on that one....raising an idiot and no one in the 'family' notices??? really??? BULLSHIT!!!

mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 5:41pm   #8
DAB
Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II

the shooter in the TX church had a gun, even though he should not have, because of .gov failure to keep the background check database correct.

the shooter in the FL school had a gun, and even though the FBI was given a heads up, they did nothing.

2 for 2 on .gov failure.
Old 02-15-2018, 5:47pm   #9
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 12,309 Times in 5,942 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590

You can pass gun laws all day long and people with bad intentions will still get their hands on one. Just like drug laws have never stopped people from getting them. Don't ask me what the answer is. There may not be one. If I had a solution that would make everyone happy I would be President Peabody now.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 5:54pm   #10
DAB
Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeabody View Post
You can pass gun laws all day long and people with bad intentions will still get their hands on one. Just like drug laws have never stopped people from getting them. Don't ask me what the answer is. There may not be one. If I had a solution that would make everyone happy I would be President Peabody now.
there are about 600,000 police nationwide.

there are about 15,000,000 concealed carry permit holders nationwide.

i'll bet that if the local police put out a call for volunteers, for concealed carry permits holders to do volunteer security duty at schools, maybe once or twice a month, they would get more volunteers than they ever dreamed of.

do interviews, have them pass some shooting test (maybe the same one the police have to pass), give them proper identification (hat, badge, ID card - whatever), and assign them to a school. show up before kids arrive, leave after last bell. constrain entry to one access point after busses are done dropping off kids in the AM.

wouldn't cost much, and you can be sure that dads and moms would protect their children with great vigor.
Old 02-15-2018, 6:09pm   #11
MrPeabody
A Real Barner

Quote:
there are about 600,000 police nationwide.

there are about 15,000,000 concealed carry permit holders nationwide.

i'll bet that if the local police put out a call for volunteers, for concealed carry permits holders to do volunteer security duty at schools, maybe once or twice a month, they would get more volunteers than they ever dreamed of.

do interviews, have them pass some shooting test (maybe the same one the police have to pass), give them proper identification (hat, badge, ID card - whatever), and assign them to a school. show up before kids arrive, leave after last bell. constrain entry to one access point after busses are done dropping off kids in the AM.

wouldn't cost much, and you can be sure that dads and moms would protect their children with great vigor.
Lawyers would have a field day with the liability issues.

I volunteer at a hospital. I don't do much more then say good morning to people and give them directions to the bathroom. The hospital spent $1,400 on a federal background check on me before I was able to do this. I also had to attend the same orientation training as any other employee. Also a TB test annually.

To do anything at a school in many states, you have to be fingerprinted and have a background check. With all due respect to folks like you who mean well, if my kid's school placed armed people on campus with anything less than the full training of an LEO, (which they do) I would not send my kids to school. There were two armed resource officers who are LEOs at the school where this shooting took place.

One thing I have been thinking of is maybe more, smaller schools. The school where the shooting took place had 3,000 students. You would need a small army to make that a safe place against a few armed bad guys with automatic or semi-automatic weapons. The smaller the school, the easier it would be to make it a secure space.
Old 02-15-2018, 6:14pm   #12
StaticCling
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 5,971 Times in 2,427 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $46509956

Quote:
Part of the problem is the Bill or Rights has been neutered and is not allowed to operate with its original intent. All in the name of safety.
StaticCling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 6:22pm   #13
DAB
Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II

Quote:
Lawyers would have a field day with the liability issues.

I volunteer at a hospital. I don't do much more then say good morning to people and give them directions to the bathroom. The hospital spent $1,400 on a federal background check on me before I was able to do this. I also had to attend the same orientation training as any other employee. Also a TB test annually.

To do anything at a school in many states, you have to be fingerprinted and have a background check. With all due respect to folks like you who mean well, if my kid's school placed armed people on campus with anything less than the full training of an LEO, (which they do) I would not send my kids to school. There were two armed resource officers who are LEOs at the school where this shooting took place.

One thing I have been thinking of is maybe more, smaller schools. The school where the shooting took place had 3,000 students. You would need a small army to make that a safe place against a few armed bad guys with automatic or semi-automatic weapons. The smaller the school, the easier it would be to make it a secure space.
i have already been finger printed. and gone thru an FBI background check to get my concealed carry permit. i also have to demonstrate shooting proficiency every 2 years, as well as attend refresher classes every 2 years, that includes discussion of the relevant laws.

what we are doing is not working. cities/counties don't have the money to hire dedicated police/deputy sheriffs for such limited duty. teachers are busy teaching, but i'm not opposed to allowing them to conceal carry on the job.

i stand by my estimation, there would be more volunteers than needed.

lawyers? lawyers conditioned reply to anything new is always NO. we create laws, we can change laws. bad shoots by cops are prosecuted, good shoots are rewarded.

what's your idea?

3000 student school? you could provide deterrent level security with 3-5 people.
Old 02-15-2018, 6:38pm   #14
MrPeabody
A Real Barner

Quote:
i have already been finger printed. and gone thru an FBI background check to get my concealed carry permit. i also have to demonstrate shooting proficiency every 2 years, as well as attend refresher classes every 2 years, that includes discussion of the relevant laws.

what we are doing is not working. cities/counties don't have the money to hire dedicated police/deputy sheriffs for such limited duty. teachers are busy teaching, but i'm not opposed to allowing them to conceal carry on the job.

i stand by my estimation, there would be more volunteers than needed.

lawyers? lawyers conditioned reply to anything new is always NO. we create laws, we can change laws. bad shoots by cops are prosecuted, good shoots are rewarded.

what's your idea?

3000 student school? you could provide deterrent level security with 3-5 people.
I have no doubt you would have many volunteers. I work in a volunteer group. I have done volunteer work as long as I have been an adult, and even before as a Boy Scout. They come and go, they sometimes don't show up. If today's volunteers don't show up, do you close the school for the day? Volunteers will never be as reliable as paid employees. And I've known plenty of jackasses with carry permits who I would not want anywhere near my kids. Remember, in many states, carry permits don't necessarily require what was required in your state. Your idea may be well intentioned, but you will never got parents to be comfortable with armed amateurs around their kids, IMO. And to get back to the lawyers, they will be there every time a shot is fired. And even trained LEOs generate lawsuits in the millions all over the country. Lawsuits that are lost and paid by the city, county or state.

As far as what my idea is, see the last paragraph of my post you quoted. Not the perfect answer, but an idea anyway.

As far as 3-5 people providing security for that campus, have you seen the overhead shots of that place? there were multiple buildings. No way 3-5 people provide a deterrent to one or a few insane people who are often suicidal to begin with.
Old 02-15-2018, 6:44pm   #15
DAB
Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II

building new, diverse, smaller schools, while it make work, will cost $$$$$$ and take years to do.

everything else proposed either won't work, hasn't worked, or will cost $$$$$.

this is a pretty easy idea to grasp. who cares most about kids? their parents.

and i'll be you and your kids have been around someone with a legal concealed pistol, and you never knew it. you can look it up, on average, concealed carry holders are the most law abiding group you can identify, even more so than police. if you trust the police, why don't you trust a group that is even more law abiding?

i can just stay home, i have no children, i can find plenty to do in my shop or go to the range, and let others figure out school security. but i'm offering an idea to help and change things.

Old 02-15-2018, 6:50pm   #16
MrPeabody
A Real Barner

Quote:
building new, diverse, smaller schools, while it make work, will cost $$$$$$ and take years to do.

everything else proposed either won't work, hasn't worked, or will cost $$$$$.

this is a pretty easy idea to grasp. who cares most about kids? their parents.

and i'll be you and your kids have been around someone with a legal concealed pistol, and you never knew it. you can look it up, on average, concealed carry holders are the most law abiding group you can identify, even more so than police. if you trust the police, why don't you trust a group that is even more law abiding?

i can just stay home, i have no children, i can find plenty to do in my shop or go to the range, and let others figure out school security. but i'm offering an idea to help and change things.

Yeah, well, that's not an assumption you should be making about me and where I live. Remember, I just spent two years on a Civil Grand Jury which included investigating numerous county agencies. And that's all my Grand Jury oath allows me to say on that subject.

Hey, everybody else looking at this thread, amazingly, we are having a productive civil discussion among friends with differing opinions here. Feel free to join in and piss one of us off, since we don't seem to be able to do it to each other.
Old 02-15-2018, 6:57pm   #17
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 53.6%

Thanked 30,508 Times in 14,293 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108033784

Quote:

Hey, everybody else looking at this thread, amazingly, we are having a productive civil discussion among friends with differing opinions here. Feel free to join in and piss one of us off, since we don't seem to be able to do it to each other.
[Waco] troll troll troll [/Waco]
snide is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to snide For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2018, 7:00pm   #18
MrPeabody
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by snide View Post
[Waco] troll troll troll [/Waco]
I like Waco, but I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there.
Old 02-15-2018, 7:12pm   #19
DAB
Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II

and if you do not trust them, why do you want to give them more power over your life, and why are they still employed?
Old 02-15-2018, 7:15pm   #20
MrPeabody
A Real Barner

Quote:
and if you do not trust them, why do you want to give them more power over your life, and why are they still employed?
The only cop I can fire is the Sheriff, at the ballot box. And I've taken part in movements to do just that several times, sometimes successfully.

Gotta go see another exciting JV basketball game at the high school.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrPeabody For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic