Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-2020, 3:13pm   #481
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20,'21
Activity: 53.6%

Thanked 18,580 Times in 8,211 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1030760

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
An interesting event will happen in about 8 days. Our Governor put a statewide mask order in place and in Harris County, even before that, businesses were being held responsible for customers that did not wear a mask. In 8 days, the Governors EO will have been in place for 14 days... the time it takes to get a positive test result. If the numbers do NOT drop by the date, there is no better proof I know of, that masks DO NOT WORK.
Inconclusive. Just because your governor ordered people to wear masks doesn't mean they actually did. Our governor made a similar decree weeks ago and yet the vast majority of the people I see walking past my house aren't wearing them.
dvarapala is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dvarapala For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2020, 3:36pm   #482
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Activity: 34.6%

Thanked 10,155 Times in 4,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11380138

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
Inconclusive. Just because your governor ordered people to wear masks doesn't mean they actually did. Our governor made a similar decree weeks ago and yet the vast majority of the people I see walking past my house aren't wearing them.
In other words the order itself is not falsifiable, but if the number of cases drops they will claim that it had to do with their mask order, and will use that as justification for keeping it in place for as long as they want. And if cases go up they will claim that people are not following the mask order and it's the people not wearing a mask that are causing all the problems.

Neat. Meanwhile cheap and effect treatments for people who are just starting to have symptoms will be ignored by our "healthcare experts" who set their "standard of care guidelines" which are basically "until you are about ready to go on a respirator, we're giving you jack shit." Neat!
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2020, 3:38pm   #483
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Red L98. View Post
Why Sweden? Because it was specifically cited in the link, not Taiwan, along with several other issues. Address them and I’ll watch your vid.
Sweden went against the orthodoxy so they must be made into a bogey man. There, I addressed it. Also in Sweden, a huge population of Muslim immigrants who live in their own communities that nobody in Sweden (actual Swedes) can make do jack shit. Same as France actually, and Italy, which were also complete shit-shows.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2020, 3:49pm   #484
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Activity: 69.1%

Thanked 33,449 Times in 11,749 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333

Quote:

You're supposed to wear them walking around outside?

You're like those few I see wearing a mask on the beach here - when nobody is within 100 feet of them. Do seagulls carry the virus and spit on people when they fly over?
Steve_R is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2020, 3:51pm   #485
z06psi
Barn Stall Owner #∞
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 13,711 Times in 5,285 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $34677

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post

You're like those few I see wearing a mask on the beach here - when nobody is within 100 feet of them. Do seagulls carry the virus and spit on people when they fly over?
Same as people driving around with them on.
z06psi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to z06psi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2020, 3:53pm   #486
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,685 Times in 13,643 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:

Slightly different situation. The businesses here have been transformed in to nazi satellite stations for the governor. The onus has been pushed on to them and no one can enter a business without a mask. As much as I WISH it was not the case, it is enforced. I can't step foot in any store, bank, restaurant, office, Dr's office without a mask. Business are fined $1000.00 per violation.

So walking around outside may be something you get away with, but nowhere else. Coincidentally, it will also be two weeks after the protests here.

Every indication is that the numbers should plummet. If they do not, then they need to scrap the entire mask idea because one of two things is happening. No one is wearing them anyway (which I don't at all believe is the case) or they just don't work. The third option is that they are making things WORSE because of situations like the Witmer gang and their use of masks to actually share germs.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2020, 3:54pm   #487
Little Red L98.
A Real Barner
Activity: 54.3%

Thanked 14,928 Times in 5,089 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $894473

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
Sweden went against the orthodoxy so they must be made into a bogey man. There, I addressed it. Also in Sweden, a huge population of Muslim immigrants who live in their own communities that nobody in Sweden (actual Swedes) can make do jack shit. Same as France actually, and Italy, which were also complete shit-shows.
Made up BS response, but ok. What about the rest of the issues?

Here’s the link again for convenience.

https://theweek.com/articles/924348
Little Red L98. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 4:23pm   #488
Little Red L98.
A Real Barner
Activity: 54.3%

Thanked 14,928 Times in 5,089 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $894473

Quote:

I was in line for a ride at Elitch’s years ago and a bird pooped on this chick’s shoulder right next to us and her boyfriend wiped it off with his fingers. Does that count?
Little Red L98. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 5:13pm   #489
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 41.7%

Thanked 7,060 Times in 3,119 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecornerman View Post
Soo, you do admit that there is a virus out there that is dangerous
Anyone with any working brain cells at all knows there is a virus out there, and it is dangerous. But study after study is showing us that it is no more contagious, and no more deadly, than the regular seasonal flu.

Anyone with any working brain cells is also comfortable with the idea that back in January/February, no one knew how contagious or deadly this flu was, so we implemented some draconian measures that hurt a lot of people out of an "abundance of caution", we may not all agree with it (I don't), but we see the sense in it.

But now that the "science" says the fear was unfounded, those calling the non-panicked folks like me "science-deniers" are now themselves denying the science that says this is no more dangerous than the seasonal flu.

At this point, we need to decide as a society what we believe between two basic choices:

1. Seasonal flus have been around for centuries, hundreds of thousands of people around the world, and sometimes millions, die from it every year. So far, we have never been able to produce an effective vaccine, and so we need to shut down the world economy as we know it forever because people getting sick and dying just isn't worth people socializing in public and having face-to-face interactions to conduct business, nor to enjoy the outdoors when others are close to us.

Or:

2. We feel it is right to continue to accept the fact that there are diseases in the world that are deadly to some folks, especially the old and those in poor health, as we have done for centuries. It makes sense to protect the most at-risk as best we can, but the rest of us should go about enjoying our lives, accepting that even us young and/or healthy folks will, on rare occasion, succumb to these diseases.

At the end of the day, Steeb, Aero, and myself, among others, are in the choice #2 camp. Lots of other folks here are in the choice #1 camp. The problem with the choice #1 camp folks is that they think their opinion that choice #1 is "right", is sufficient to revoke the rights of everyone around them, and us choice #2 folks believe that's not how the good old US of A is supposed to work. We are fine with you being in choice #1 camp, but think that the appropriate response is for YOU to stay home, order door-dash or groceries delivered, work from home, and insulate yourself from society as much as makes you feel comfortable. We just want to be left to live our lives as we see fit.

It really is as simple as that.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mick For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2020, 5:39pm   #490
K1250GSA
Banned
Activity: 22.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $781

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Anyone with any working brain cells at all knows there is a virus out there, and it is dangerous. But study after study is showing us that it is no more contagious, and no more deadly, than the regular seasonal flu.

Anyone with any working brain cells is also comfortable with the idea that back in January/February, no one knew how contagious or deadly this flu was, so we implemented some draconian measures that hurt a lot of people out of an "abundance of caution", we may not all agree with it (I don't), but we see the sense in it.

But now that the "science" says the fear was unfounded, those calling the non-panicked folks like me "science-deniers" are now themselves denying the science that says this is no more dangerous than the seasonal flu.

At this point, we need to decide as a society what we believe between two basic choices:

1. Seasonal flus have been around for centuries, hundreds of thousands of people around the world, and sometimes millions, die from it every year. So far, we have never been able to produce an effective vaccine, and so we need to shut down the world economy as we know it forever because people getting sick and dying just isn't worth people socializing in public and having face-to-face interactions to conduct business, nor to enjoy the outdoors when others are close to us.

Or:

2. We feel it is right to continue to accept the fact that there are diseases in the world that are deadly to some folks, especially the old and those in poor health, as we have done for centuries. It makes sense to protect the most at-risk as best we can, but the rest of us should go about enjoying our lives, accepting that even us young and/or healthy folks will, on rare occasion, succumb to these diseases.

At the end of the day, Steeb, Aero, and myself, among others, are in the choice #2 camp. Lots of other folks here are in the choice #1 camp. The problem with the choice #1 camp folks is that they think their opinion that choice #1 is "right", is sufficient to revoke the rights of everyone around them, and us choice #2 folks believe that's not how the good old US of A is supposed to work. We are fine with you being in choice #1 camp, but think that the appropriate response is for YOU to stay home, order door-dash or groceries delivered, work from home, and insulate yourself from society as much as makes you feel comfortable. We just want to be left to live our lives as we see fit.

It really is as simple as that.
Care to explain abnormally high lung blood clot deaths in New York?
Healthy 30 to 60 year old adults. Who at autopsy showed Covid antibodies.
This not your seasonal flu.
K1250GSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 5:47pm   #491
Rikki Z-06
Barn Stall Owner #747-400
Activity: 17.6%

Thanked 28,812 Times in 12,773 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15031693

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06psi View Post
Same as people driving around with them on.
Rikki Z-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 5:50pm   #492
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17

Thanked 30,508 Times in 14,293 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108033784

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
*fixt
snide is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to snide For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2020, 5:52pm   #493
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17

Quote:
The CDC is quietly developing a plan to decide who should get the vaccine first, and race is one factor they're considering.

Link

Yeah, that will go over well. That might be a good way to start a race war.
Or add fuel to the current race war fire that is burning out of control.
Old 07-09-2020, 5:55pm   #494
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecornerman View Post
Your damm right, Yes it would be on me. I wish more people felt that way

Fortunately I don't take them anywhere to be put in that position

Soo, you do admit that there is a virus out there that is dangerous
There are several viruses out there, which may or may not be dangerous.
Old 07-09-2020, 5:59pm   #495
Steve_R
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1250GSA View Post

Your broken English and failed logic amuses me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2020, 6:03pm   #496
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 41.7%

Thanked 7,060 Times in 3,119 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
Care to explain where you got this data, and why you think it is related to COVID-19?

Quote:
Surprisingly enough, lots of seemingly healthy 30-60 year old folks die every year. Many, if not most, of them have had seasonal flu at some point in their lives, and recovered, so if we looked, they would have anti-bodies. Care to enlighten me of why you think this is relevant to this discussion? I get a publication from my college every quarter that almost always shows at least one death from my year, or my wife's year. We graduated in 1986 and 1987. This has been going on for decades.

Quote:
Feel free to post some back-up for this opinion.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mick For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2020, 7:48pm   #497
markids77
A Real Barner
Activity: 10.1%

Thanked 3,859 Times in 2,221 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1000483

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06psi View Post
Is she motorboating?
I don't think so... I only motorboat when my face is sandwiched firmly between a pair of mammaries.
markids77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to markids77 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2020, 8:40pm   #498
K1250GSA
Banned
Activity: 22.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $781

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Care to explain where you got this data, and why you think it is related to COVID-19?

Feel free to post some back-up for this opinion.
Typical Clown supporter. Posts Covid-19 No worse than seasonal flu
Research your subject, before posting Kool aid fed information.
Google Covid-19 Blood clots.
Your eyes may open, on seriousness of Covid-19 effects.
K1250GSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 9:12pm   #499
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Red L98. View Post
Made up BS response, but ok. What about the rest of the issues?

Here’s the link again for convenience.

https://theweek.com/articles/924348
I don't work for you.

The game you want me to play "Answer this then!" is stupid. All I ever have done is post up information. So I guess **** off? Sounds great to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2020, 9:32pm   #500
Steve_R
A Real Barner

Quote:
Typical Clown supporter. Posts Covid-19 No worse than seasonal flu
Research your subject, before posting Kool aid fed information.
Google Covid-19 Blood clots.
Your eyes may open, on seriousness of Covid-19 effects.

The Following User Says Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic