Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  
 
Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2019, 11:11am   #81
allthrottleandsomebottle
A Real Barner
Points: 15,503, Level: 85
Activity: 1.4%
 
allthrottleandsomebottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lackey/Yorktown, VA
Posts: 1,735
Thanks: 344
Thanked 1,278 Times in 461 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1005568
Default

Sorry to read it, never easy and each has their own personality like humans...Ö...cheers to a good life
allthrottleandsomebottle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to allthrottleandsomebottle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2019, 5:45pm   #82
JRD77VET
Barn Stall Owner #327
NCM Supporter '16,'17,'19
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS Ď18
Points: 78,286, Level: 100
Activity: 21.9%
 
JRD77VET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Zionsville,PA
Posts: 38,890
Thanks: 18,670
Thanked 14,632 Times in 6,568 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5970580
Default

Just wanted to thank everyone again for the posts, comments, emails, texts, PM's and phone calls. It really helps.

We give all we can and they seem to multiply it and give back more. That must be why it hurts so bad when we lose them.

Jeff
JRD77VET is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JRD77VET For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2019, 6:09pm   #83
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Points: 56,827, Level: 100
Activity: 36.5%
 
MrPeabody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 31,588
Thanks: 12,547
Thanked 10,428 Times in 5,242 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2209634
Default

There's a reason why we generally outlive them.

It's hard on us, but we have ways of dealing with it, such as the comfort you have received from your friends here. Imagine what it is like for them when we leave this earth before they do. We owe it to them to be there with them in their final hours and moments, like most of us have done at one time or another. It's a small thing considering the unconditional love we get from them for what is to them a lifetime. You did a noble thing, and Levi knew it and loved you for it.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrPeabody For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2019, 10:49pm   #84
LilRedCorvette
A Real Barner
Points: 15,468, Level: 85
Activity: 3.8%
 
LilRedCorvette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 4,385
Thanks: 1,687
Thanked 1,499 Times in 796 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3015003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD77VET View Post
Just wanted to thank everyone again for the posts, comments, emails, texts, PM's and phone calls. It really helps.

We give all we can and they seem to multiply it and give back more. That must be why it hurts so bad when we lose them.

Jeff
Still in my thoughts and prayers it really does hurt something awful for such a very long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeabody View Post
There's a reason why we generally outlive them.

It's hard on us, but we have ways of dealing with it, such as the comfort you have received from your friends here. Imagine what it is like for them when we leave this earth before they do. We owe it to them to be there with them in their final hours and moments, like most of us have done at one time or another. It's a small thing considering the unconditional love we get from them for what is to them a lifetime. You did a noble thing, and Levi knew it and loved you for it.
This comment really struck a chord with me.

Cosmo unexpectedly lost his first owner several years ago (went to the hospital for a procedure and didn't make it out )...his family found my email and he ended up with me.

Cosmo almost lost me (his second owner) when I full-coded/required resuscitation after a surgery I had in November 2017.

I lost Cosmo on 11/3/18 and often thought that it would have been easier on me if I ended up going first that year ahead...but then thought about how selfish that thought was, and how awful for him it would have been if that did happen. As much as this grief process has sucked, you're absolutely right; I have the resources to get through it more than he would have.

Thank you for the reminder.
LilRedCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LilRedCorvette For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 5:54pm   #85
JRD77VET
Barn Stall Owner #327
NCM Supporter '16,'17,'19
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS Ď18
Points: 78,286, Level: 100
Activity: 21.9%
 
JRD77VET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Zionsville,PA
Posts: 38,890
Thanks: 18,670
Thanked 14,632 Times in 6,568 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5970580
Default

I guess this will be the final entry. The vet called and we went down to pick up Levi's ashes.

Mary and I got plenty of hugs from the techs plus we got to thank them for taking care of Levi all thru his life. They all enjoyed Levi and they will miss him too.

Jeff
JRD77VET is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JRD77VET For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 6:10pm   #86
LilRedCorvette
A Real Barner
Points: 15,468, Level: 85
Activity: 3.8%
 
LilRedCorvette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 4,385
Thanks: 1,687
Thanked 1,499 Times in 796 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3015003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD77VET View Post
I guess this will be the final entry. The vet called and we went down to pick up Levi's ashes.

Mary and I got plenty of hugs from the techs plus we got to thank them for taking care of Levi all thru his life. They all enjoyed Levi and they will miss him too.

Jeff
I remember how difficult getting the ashes back was. So sorry again for your loss...take care
LilRedCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LilRedCorvette For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 6:13pm   #87
bsmith
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 13,388, Level: 79
Activity: 11.4%
 
bsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,328
Thanks: 343
Thanked 749 Times in 430 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2001474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD77VET View Post
I guess this will be the final entry. The vet called and we went down to pick up Levi's ashes.

Mary and I got plenty of hugs from the techs plus we got to thank them for taking care of Levi all thru his life. They all enjoyed Levi and they will miss him too.

Jeff
The brings back some feelings.
Our vet is an older lady and very detached from what is going on.
Bedside manner might be a little lacking for some people, but she is great.

Missy was completely unexpected and when we took her in the last time, she had tears in her eyes.
bsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bsmith For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 6:15pm   #88
bsmith
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 13,388, Level: 79
Activity: 11.4%
 
bsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,328
Thanks: 343
Thanked 749 Times in 430 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2001474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRedCorvette View Post
I remember how difficult getting the ashes back was. So sorry again for your loss...take care
I pulled in my garage with the ashes and some asshole door to door saleswoman started yelling at me to wait for her.
Yeah, I wasn't in the mood.
bsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bsmith For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 6:18pm   #89
JRD77VET
Barn Stall Owner #327
NCM Supporter '16,'17,'19
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS Ď18
Points: 78,286, Level: 100
Activity: 21.9%
 
JRD77VET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Zionsville,PA
Posts: 38,890
Thanks: 18,670
Thanked 14,632 Times in 6,568 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5970580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith View Post
I pulled in my garage with the ashes and some asshole door to door saleswoman started yelling at me to wait for her.
Yeah, I wasn't in the mood.
One the way back home , Mary held the box with his paw print and ashes in the urn. She was holding him when we got him and on his final trip home.

Luckily no idiots, I wouldn't have been in the mood either.
JRD77VET is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JRD77VET For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 6:58pm   #90
LilRedCorvette
A Real Barner
Points: 15,468, Level: 85
Activity: 3.8%
 
LilRedCorvette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 4,385
Thanks: 1,687
Thanked 1,499 Times in 796 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3015003
Default

We got the paw print immediately after 'the end'. We had the option of picking up the ashes or having them delivered. Hub saw how hard I was taking the loss, stepped in and said, "please deliver them".

I remember the day...it was dark and rainy. Something told me to open the front door...there was the box, labeled with the pet crematory's name on it. Hugged that box and cried for a good long time. They did a beautiful job.

So sad to read about but also glad that everyone's beloved pets remains are home where they belong.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

LilRedCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LilRedCorvette For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 7:06pm   #91
WOEII
A Real Barner
Points: 14,865, Level: 84
Activity: 1.7%
 
WOEII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,799
Thanks: 1,008
Thanked 3,073 Times in 489 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1006850
Default


Charlie.
WOEII is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WOEII For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 7:48pm   #92
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Points: 40,080, Level: 100
Activity: 36.1%
 
SnikPlosskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Uranus, Tx
Posts: 7,269
Thanks: 829
Thanked 5,654 Times in 1,810 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24715096
Default

Iím so glad you were there for him at his last moments. Too many people donít want to feel the pain of being there. They donít get that itís not about them. A bit of pain is a small price to pay to ensure your best friend leaves this world with you telling him/her you love them in their ear. I honestly believe they know what it means and your soothing voice makes a huge difference. I see it as respect too. With large dogs, you have to have mutual respect. That breeds loyalty.

Iíve lost nine dogs. All in my arms with me whispering in their ears. Hard on me. Good for them. I believe I owe my dogs everything. They will put their life down for me without a second thought. I am responsible for them from birth to the end. Their needs come first.

Hang in there Jeff. You did everything right. Iím sure Levi is so grateful to have your love from beginning to end.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2019, 5:37pm   #93
LilRedCorvette
A Real Barner
Points: 15,468, Level: 85
Activity: 3.8%
 
LilRedCorvette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 4,385
Thanks: 1,687
Thanked 1,499 Times in 796 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3015003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin View Post
Iím so glad you were there for him at his last moments. Too many people donít want to feel the pain of being there. They donít get that itís not about them. A bit of pain is a small price to pay to ensure your best friend leaves this world with you telling him/her you love them in their ear. I honestly believe they know what it means and your soothing voice makes a huge difference. I see it as respect too. With large dogs, you have to have mutual respect. That breeds loyalty.

Iíve lost nine dogs. All in my arms with me whispering in their ears. Hard on me. Good for them. I believe I owe my dogs everything. They will put their life down for me without a second thought. I am responsible for them from birth to the end. Their needs come first.

Hang in there Jeff. You did everything right. Iím sure Levi is so grateful to have your love from beginning to end.
So very well said.

Being there at the end is probably the hardest thing I've ever done, but it's the right thing to do. I got down on the ground and laid next to Cosmo, held his paw, sang him his special song, and told him that I loved him. Hub captured me holding his paw for the very last time, a moment I'll treasure forever.

I know in my heart of hearts that Levi knew you loved him and were there till the very end. Still in my thoughts and prayers, I know it has been a week today and am sure the pain is still very much raw.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

LilRedCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LilRedCorvette For This Useful Post:
Reply

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 1:35am.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 - 2019 The Vette Barn


Support the Barn:
 
Download the Mobile App;
 
Follow us on Facebook:

Become a Stall Owner

 

Apple iOS App        Google Android App

 

Visit our Facebook page