Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  
 
Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion

Politics & Religion Discussion of politics and religion

User Tag List

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2017, 3:47pm   #1
lspencer534
Dorkapottamus
Barn Stall Owner #52
Points: 193,856, Level: 100
Activity: 4.5%
 
lspencer534's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Here
Posts: 32,497
Thanks: 2,163
Thanked 19,967 Times in 6,669 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9338804
Default The reasons Liberals harp on gun control...

The man who attacked a Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, was not legally able to purchase a firearm, but still passed a background check because the Air Force did not inform the FBI of domestic violence convictions he obtained during a court martial. He had applied for a Texas concealed handgun license, but was denied by the State.

We do know that the attacker purchased his rifle in Colorado, and lied in BATFE Form 4473 (the background check form), saying that he did not have a criminal history. The FBIís NICS system should have caught the lie, but did not because the Air Force did not notify the FBI. It's a felony to lie on those forms.

So why was the FBI not notified? Well, government incompetence for one, but also because of the fact that Democrats filibustered legislation in 2013 that would have required the Air Force to report that conviction to the FBI for record, Senator Ted Cruz has revealed. Sens. Grassley and Cruz roll out alternative gun control bill | TheHill

ďIn 2013, in the wake of Sandy Hook, I joined with Chuck Grassley, we introduced legislation that was called the Grassley-Cruz legislation. And it was aggressive legislation targeting felons and violent criminals to stop them from getting guns, Cruz said.

If the Democrats want to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, why in Godís name did they oppose this?

The more I learn about these safeguards/laws to prevent criminals from purchasing guns the more I realize the Democrats (at least elected officials) do not want to limit criminals in purchasing guns. Why? Probably because the more criminals with guns the greater likelihood that there will be gun violence and give the idiot Democrats fuel to try to go after law-abiding individual's gun rights. Sounds sick and unbelievable that this would be the case, but when you have this group aborting children I don't think this logic is off.

And the Obama administration was not so keen on prosecuting individuals who lied on these forms, or on those who otherwise tried to buy guns illegally. In 2010, 48,000 felons and fugitives lied and tried to illegally purchase guns. They prosecuted only 44 of them.
lspencer534 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lspencer534 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2017, 5:04pm   #2
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Points: 46,532, Level: 100
Activity: 7.7%
 
Cybercowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 17,259
Thanks: 908
Thanked 8,270 Times in 4,035 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11375645
Default

Oh, it goes farther than this. He was in a mental facility in 2012 and escaped. Why was he there? Treatment for domestic violence. He also tried to smuggle weapons onto the AFB he was stationed at and threatened to kill his commanding officer. He would have been covered by several laws revoking his gun ownership rights, such as the 1996 law 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(9) that said anyone found guilty of domestic violence forfeited their 2nd Amendment right.

So why was he able to purchase guns?
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 5:38pm   #3
lspencer534
Dorkapottamus
Barn Stall Owner #52
Points: 193,856, Level: 100
Activity: 4.5%
 
lspencer534's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Here
Posts: 32,497
Thanks: 2,163
Thanked 19,967 Times in 6,669 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9338804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
Oh, it goes farther than this. He was in a mental facility in 2012 and escaped. Why was he there? Treatment for domestic violence. He also tried to smuggle weapons onto the AFB he was stationed at and threatened to kill his commanding officer. He would have been covered by several laws revoking his gun ownership rights, such as the 1996 law 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(9) that said anyone found guilty of domestic violence forfeited their 2nd Amendment right.



So why was he able to purchase guns?
All I can find for a reason is that the Air Force neglected to notify the FBI of the convictions. Strange how Texas found the convictions but Colorado didn't.
lspencer534 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 5:40pm   #4
DAB
Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Points: 132,425, Level: 100
Activity: 13.8%
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Posts: 55,710
Thanks: 10,056
Thanked 20,470 Times in 10,790 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $35000112
Default

their long term tactic has been to exploit a tragedy, pass more laws, not enforce those laws, wash, rinse, repeat.

they sell it that the new law will prevent something from happening again.

but laws don't prevent crimes, they punish the guilty after the fact.
DAB is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DAB For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2017, 5:49pm   #5
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Points: 46,532, Level: 100
Activity: 7.7%
 
Cybercowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 17,259
Thanks: 908
Thanked 8,270 Times in 4,035 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11375645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspencer534 View Post
All I can find for a reason is that the Air Force neglected to notify the FBI of the convictions. Strange how Texas found the convictions but Colorado didn't.
Archive link. We archive these so the MSM can't disappear them.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:53pm   #6
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Points: 46,532, Level: 100
Activity: 7.7%
 
Cybercowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 17,259
Thanks: 908
Thanked 8,270 Times in 4,035 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11375645
Default

This dude:

Abused animals.
Abused girls.
Tried to sneak guns onto a military base.
Threatened his superiors.
Strangled his wife.
Fractured his baby's skull.
Got court-martialed.
Absconded from a psych ward.
Confined for a YEAR.
Discharged and allowed to roam around in public.

We need more gun control.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2017, 12:22am   #7
OddBall
A Real Barner
Points: 50,207, Level: 100
Activity: 36.0%
 
OddBall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Winston Salem NC
Posts: 30,166
Thanks: 10,935
Thanked 10,514 Times in 5,423 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $29466197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspencer534 View Post
The man who attacked a Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, was not legally able to purchase a firearm, but still passed a background check because the Air Force did not inform the FBI of domestic violence convictions he obtained during a court martial. He had applied for a Texas concealed handgun license, but was denied by the State.

We do know that the attacker purchased his rifle in Colorado, and lied in BATFE Form 4473 (the background check form), saying that he did not have a criminal history. The FBIís NICS system should have caught the lie, but did not because the Air Force did not notify the FBI. It's a felony to lie on those forms.

So why was the FBI not notified? Well, government incompetence for one, but also because of the fact that Democrats filibustered legislation in 2013 that would have required the Air Force to report that conviction to the FBI for record, Senator Ted Cruz has revealed. Sens. Grassley and Cruz roll out alternative gun control bill | TheHill

ďIn 2013, in the wake of Sandy Hook, I joined with Chuck Grassley, we introduced legislation that was called the Grassley-Cruz legislation. And it was aggressive legislation targeting felons and violent criminals to stop them from getting guns, Cruz said.

If the Democrats want to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, why in Godís name did they oppose this?

The more I learn about these safeguards/laws to prevent criminals from purchasing guns the more I realize the Democrats (at least elected officials) do not want to limit criminals in purchasing guns. Why? Probably because the more criminals with guns the greater likelihood that there will be gun violence and give the idiot Democrats fuel to try to go after law-abiding individual's gun rights. Sounds sick and unbelievable that this would be the case, but when you have this group aborting children I don't think this logic is off.

And the Obama administration was not so keen on prosecuting individuals who lied on these forms, or on those who otherwise tried to buy guns illegally. In 2010, 48,000 felons and fugitives lied and tried to illegally purchase guns. They prosecuted only 44 of them.
That. That right there.
OddBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 2:13am   #8
SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
Barn Stall Owner #49
Points: 17,735, Level: 92
Activity: 2.1%
 
SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: People's Kollektive of Seattle
Posts: 18,793
Thanks: 14,241
Thanked 3,230 Times in 1,747 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1024062
Default

The church shooting is yet another reason democrats shouldn't have access to firearms....
SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84 For This Useful Post:
Reply

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:12am.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 - 2019 The Vette Barn


Support the Barn:
 
Download the Mobile App;
 
Follow us on Facebook:

Become a Stall Owner

 

Apple iOS App        Google Android App

 

Visit our Facebook page