Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-07-2011, 7:08pm   #21
kingpin
SnowJob
Barn Stall Owner #999
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 4.7%

Thanked 5,716 Times in 2,999 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8052038

Quote:
Originally Posted by datawiz View Post
Boo
kingpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 7:11pm   #22
Datawiz
VB Dad of the Year
RDBM
Barn Stall Owner #9

Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 9.4%

Thanked 21,154 Times in 8,342 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $35999378

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin View Post
Was short and to the point.
Datawiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 7:27pm   #23
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.4%

Thanked 11,563 Times in 5,702 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

I never had any occurrences, but worked on a house my customer thought/SWORE was haunded....build on a old Indian burial ground on a hill from a creek/stream....just off Bradley Blvd. in Bethesda Md.....just across the intersection from Goldsboro Rd......

so it was built in the 20's and was a really serious pad...old time colonial construction, with a KILLER garage out back....

it was a Kosher kitchen, large with two of everything.....

I remember the lady planning tile colors, paint/trim/cabinets, tops...all that then when job was done....her daughter comes in from college as she is writing the final check....mommy/customer asks her little bitch daughter how she likes the kitchen.....

kids says 'IT'S BORING!!!!'.....

had a gun, the world be without one more bitch....

and the lady swore that house was haunted....I never saw nuttin, but I think I would love to spend the night in the worst reputation place with a knife, 12 ga automatic and a 357....in the AM I come out dragging a bunch of dead ghosts.....
mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mrvette For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 7:51pm   #24
Nemesis
Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2527405

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspencer534 View Post
You "had" her???
No. I didn't 'have' her. The girl drove her car into a tree and is now dead.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 8:01pm   #25
kingpin
SnowJob
Barn Stall Owner #999
Bantayan Kids '13

Thanked 5,716 Times in 2,999 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8052038

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post

and the lady swore that house was haunted....I never saw nuttin, but I think I would love to spend the night in the worst reputation place with a knife, 12 ga automatic and a 357....in the AM I come out dragging a bunch of dead ghosts.....
kingpin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kingpin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 8:02pm   #26
78SA
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 3,201 Times in 2,015 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3632152

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin View Post
Good movie.
78SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 8:03pm   #27
Uncle Pervey
Barn Stall Owner #762
NCM Supporter '11

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $191989

Quote:
Unfortunately, we didn't have acid back then. I'm old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69camfrk View Post
Daaaaayyuuuumm!! Sending you a brochure for a hoveround scooter!!!!
Quote:
Will Medicare pay for it?
You are so full-o-shit... I'm older than you (I think) and we had acid when I was a teen.
Uncle Pervey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 8:04pm   #28
Skia
Rebel Mod
Barn Stall Owner #88
Activity: 2.0%

Thanked 2,791 Times in 1,320 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15450571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew M View Post
No. I didn't 'have' her. The girl drove her car into a tree and is now dead.
Re read your original post, you'll se why he posted that.
Skia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 8:05pm   #29
Skia
Rebel Mod
Barn Stall Owner #88
Activity: 2.0%

Thanked 2,791 Times in 1,320 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15450571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Pervey View Post
You are so full-o-shit... I'm older than you (I think) and we had acid when I was a teen.
Actually that explains a tremendous amount.
Skia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 8:08pm   #30
OddBall
A Real Barner
Activity: 36.0%

Thanked 10,517 Times in 5,423 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $29466197

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabuIsMe View Post
I've had a few incidents, which definitely made me a believer...

Most recent one was two years ago. It was around 1 pm, and i was just sitting around watching tv when i heard noises from upstairs in my room, the noises kept on getting louder and louder, to the point that it sounded like a grown man was stomping around angrily and tossing stuff around in my room. I called my mom up, and she heard the noises through the phone, and she told me to leave the house because she said it sounded like somebody broke into the house.
When i came back, my room was untouched, no noises, no nothing.

Back 3 years ago i went on a roadtrip with my sister to california, drove along route 66. We stopped for one night in a motel in Tucumcari, New Mexico, off route 66.
The room we got was pretty odd, it looked like it used to be an apartment once because it had a kitchen and other parts that weren't being used. Everything in the kitchen was unplugged and it looks like somebody smashed the light bulb (it was exposed.) Didn't really think anything of it and after a long day went to sleep. In my dream i was laying down on the bed, but the kitchen light was on and there was a scary looking guy there, when he sees me he started charging towards me and i woke up. There were lots of noises in the room, constantly felt like somebody was whispering in my ear, so out of fear i put cartoons on, loudly, to try and drown the noise out, my sister even turned to me and told me to shut up already...(i wasn't talking)
So i try to cover my ears with the pillow and fall asleep again, i have the same dream except the guy got closer before i woke up. Again, frantic whispering in the room. The third time i fell asleep he got close enough to wrap his fingers around my throat and thats when i refused to go back to sleep again. I turned on all the lights and sat on the couch till it was morning.

No, im not crazy.
You were sleeping with your sister?
Now I understand your screen name.
OddBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 8:13pm   #31
Uncle Pervey
Barn Stall Owner #762
NCM Supporter '11

My grandmother's house was a 3 story Victorian that had been a doctor's house. It was built in 1888 and the doctor used it for his home and his clinic. He used the 3 floor for a hospital when he had patients that were too sick to stay at home.
The doctor and his wife died in 1918 during the Spanish Flu epidemic and they died in the house.
Another family moved in and lived there until the late 1930's when my grandfather bought the house.
As a kid we would always hear the doctor (at least that's what Grandma said it was) walking around upstairs. He was seen several times by my Grandma, coming down the stairs. One day she was walking up the stairs and met him coming down.
One Saturday night me and several of my cousins were downstairs watching TV, the door leading to the stairs was already opened and a man walked down the stairs and into the kitchen and out the back door. We sat there stunned then we all started screaming like little girls (some of us were.) My Grandma came out of her sitting room and told us to shut up, it was only the Dr. going out on his rounds.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Pervey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 8:19pm   #32
American Made
Vette Barn Crew
NCM Supporter '11
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15
Activity: 5.5%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $554827

I've had several experiences. I'll tell one. 9 or 10 years old visiting my fathers side of the family in South Carolina staying the weekend at a my best friends old family farmhouse. At dawn the following morning I wake up and it's barely light. I look out the bedroom door across the living room to see about a 5 or 6 year old girl in an antique looking dress standing in the doorway which leads to the parents bedroom. I remember rubbing my eyes and getting the hair prickling up the back of my neck feeling. I start calling to my friend "Barry wake up!" Nothing. I reach over and shake him, nothing. I start pinching his skin hard cause I'm getting scared, nothing. I start thinking "I must verify this is real" I swear on my life that I raised my right hand and waved slightly. There was a pause and then this little girl raised her right hand and waved back. I was so terrified I buried myself under the blanket praying she would go away while listening for footsteps coming toward me in terror. I finally looked again after an hour and she was not there. At breakfast I got the look asking the parents "Was there a little girl here that spent the night"? . I knew then it was a good idea just to keep it to myself.
American Made is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to American Made For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 8:23pm   #33
BADRACR1
Barn Stall Owner #5150
Bantayan Kids '17

Thanked 3,979 Times in 1,507 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2000032332

My kids always complained about hearing noises in my kitchen, like cabinets opening and closing, drawers sliding in and out, and silverware clinking together. On occasion, I have to admit I've heard a few things, like a couple of times a "slap" type noise like a broom or mop hitting the floor, but when you walk into the kitchen nothing's out of place. Once while lying on the couch I heard someone whisper "Hey!" into my ear, but I was home alone. The gf and ex-wife also said there were times they felt uneasy or heard noises they couldn't explain. Then I had my house up for sale a few years ago. I punched the address into the web just to see what might come up. I got this: Jack McElroy
Turns out there was this very popular minister in the 50's that had eaten dinner at my house one night, and then was killed in an accident after he left. His wife was severely injured. Donations in their memory were to be addressed to my house. His last meal was in my kitchen, as the dining room hadn't been built yet. Maybe this explains the noises in the kitchen?

Last edited by BADRACR1; 08-07-2011 at 8:33pm.
BADRACR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BADRACR1 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 8:26pm   #34
Barn Babe
Charter Member
Barn Raising I

Thanked 3,353 Times in 1,611 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10432620

I've got a bunch of them, but only tell them in person. They're hard to explain...
Barn Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barn Babe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 8:33pm   #35
BADRACR1
Barn Stall Owner #5150
Bantayan Kids '17

Thanked 3,979 Times in 1,507 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2000032332

Best one I have, and absolutely true. Not a ghost, but an explainable occurrence nonetheless.
My three year old grandson lost his life in a drowning accident last July27. Later that same night, about 4/5 am, my son and I went to his apartment to get some things for his wife, daughter, newborn son, and himself. We sat on on the couch, and I was holding him as he cried his heart out. After a few minutes we were just sitting on the couch talking a little when we heard children's music playing. We were puzzled because we knew no one was there but the two of us. we followed the sound into the boy's room, and in the middle of the floor lay one of those books that play different songs as you turn the pages. He looked at me and said, "That's Luke's favorite page." He picked the book up and flipped it over to turn off the switch, looked at me funny, and said, "Check this out." The switch was in the off position. We didn't know what to make of that, other than maybe Lucas was telling us things would get better and he was okay where he was.
I swear on my soul this is true. Definitely freaked me out.
BADRACR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BADRACR1 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2011, 8:38pm   #36
TabuIsMe
A Real Barner

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3000272

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADRACR1 View Post
Best one I have, and absolutely true. Not a ghost, but an explainable occurrence nonetheless.
My three year old grandson lost his life in a drowning accident last July27. Later that same night, about 4/5 am, my son and I went to his apartment to get some things for his wife, daughter, newborn son, and himself. We sat on on the couch, and I was holding him as he cried his heart out. After a few minutes we were just sitting on the couch talking a little when we heard children's music playing. We were puzzled because we knew no one was there but the two of us. we followed the sound into the boy's room, and in the middle of the floor lay one of those books that play different songs as you turn the pages. He looked at me and said, "That's Luke's favorite page." He picked the book up and flipped it over to turn off the switch, looked at me funny, and said, "Check this out." The switch was in the off position. We didn't know what to make of that, other than maybe Lucas was telling us things would get better and he was okay where he was.
I swear on my soul this is true. Definitely freaked me out.
I believe you, and i think your interpretation is right.
TabuIsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 8:59pm   #37
Grey Ghost
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 7,050 Times in 3,110 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $46272

We were metal detecting for Civil War relics in a large field. The nearest houses had to be 10 miles from there. It was getting dark and we decided to call it a day. We still had a long walk ahead of us back to the truck. We had only been walking a couple of minutes and I could hear the faint sound of a drum cadence behind me. I didn't say a word about it and kept on walking. A couple minutes later my brother stopped and told me to listen. I asked him...listen to what ? He said that he heard a drum while we were walking. We stood there for a few minutes and didn't hear another sound. We started walking again and both turned to each other when the drum sound returned. We stopped to listen and heard nothing. We started walking again and the cadence returned. We just kept walking and never went back there. We found relics and later learned it was the site for a Fort and training camp during the war. Part of the battle had also raged there for several days during the Atlanta Campaign.
Grey Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 9:20pm   #38
F40
Barn Stall Owner #17
Activity: 0.3%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2311

moar please
F40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 9:27pm   #39
Uncle Pervey
Barn Stall Owner #762
NCM Supporter '11

My youngest nephew is what I call a sensitive, not that he's a pansy, he manages a machine shop and is a black belt in some form of kung fu shit.
His mother, my sister died unexpectidly in her sleep 12 years ago. It was very weird, she had 5 children but only the youngest 2 were still at home. The Sunday afternoon she died all 5 of her kids had been home for the weekend. They had a big weekend and after lunch on Sunday the 3 oldest left to go back to their homes. She went in to take a nap.
About 6 pm my nephew went in to wake her up and she was gone. Not going into any gizzly details, the night before her funeral. Her youngest told me and my Mother that his mother had come to see him. He said she sat on the side of his bed and talked to him, just like she had a 100 times before. She always waited up for him when he was at school events or off a karate events, and she'd talk to him about what had happened.
She told him not to worry about her, that she was with her father, her cousin Rob and grandparents and was very happy. And for him not to worry that she was watching over him and would always be with him.
He told my mom and me this after the funeral, the really strange thing is her son had been born years after Rob died and had never really heard of him before. As far as we knew he had never heard of him (we didn't talk much about him since he took his own life.)
He has had a number of other weird encounters like that since then.
Old 08-07-2011, 9:30pm   #40
beadist
Barn Stall Owner #39
Barn Raising I,II,IV
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0.8%

Thanked 1,167 Times in 702 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5366860

My sister now owns the house we grew up in, so it's been in the family for over 50 years. Nothing has ever happened to me but a couple weeks ago she told me a whole list of things that she's seen and heard. People walking around, voices, electrical things turning on by themselves, that kind of thing.

The weirdest thing she told me was this. One night she was sleeping on her back (she has medical issues and cannot sleep on her stomach). She heard someone yell something and the next second something picked her up and flipped her onto her stomach. Geeze....whatever it was had to have been REALLY strong.
beadist is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic