Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2023, 5:23pm   #21
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,684 Times in 13,642 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill Duce View Post
I am overwhelmed with happiness for you, maybe you should try telling your tale in another 50 threads
Maybe you should shut the **** up permanently.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2023, 10:59pm   #22
NotSlo
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,061 Times in 351 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1001365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill Duce View Post
If you listen real closely you can hear the sound of the worlds smallest violin playing…
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB1953 View Post
Dang, being a ahole comes naturally to you doesn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemtrails99 View Post
He's probably the developer destroying my neighborhood.....
No, Ill Duce is just a tough guy **** hiding behind his keyboard being a bad ass without repercussions. He would never have the balls to expose himself and live with the response to his bullshit. Pure ***** ass bitch.
NotSlo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NotSlo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2023, 11:10pm   #23
Yadkin
Barn Stall Owner #112
Activity: 99.7%

Thanked 4,544 Times in 2,657 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Floriduh man...

Whenever I meet someone who confesses to be from Floriduh my standard reply is "have you taken remedial driving lessons yet?"

Yadkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 8:22am   #24
Tikiman
Barn Stall Owner #117
Activity: 78.4%

Thanked 10,776 Times in 3,953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
"Politically correct" can kiss my conservative ass. There is absolutely ZERO doubt that when neighborhoods transition from white to "other" they turn to shit. That's not racist, it is FACT. If they don't like that it is FACT, then they should stop making it ALWAYS true.

Find me ONE neighborhood or community that is BETTER after it went from white to black/brown. ONE example. You won't. It has NEVER happened.

If Cumdawg is lurking here, let it be known that what I posted right here, will be the post that gets me the perma from CFOT.

That is true. And the tipping point appears to be 15% demographics. Anything over 15% and you can watch the crime statistics soar. I learned this a couple of years ago when my sister was looking at small towns in North Carolina.
Tikiman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tikiman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2023, 8:44am   #25
Joey777
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 4.0%

Seems Obama’s plan to bring “Equity” to the suburbs is alive and well.
Joey777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 8:50am   #26
zeek
A Real Barner

Thanked 7,511 Times in 2,536 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $555

Well, according to this news report, folks are leaving FLA like crazy due to climate change fears. Looks like you will be able to find a nice place in the Keys pretty soon!...

"....Florida's climate exodus has already begun — and it's only going to get worse....."

https://news.yahoo.com/floridas-clim...t_source=email
zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 8:53am   #27
outrunm
Barn Stall Owner #111
Activity: 2.9%

Thanked 4,210 Times in 1,489 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5547

Quote:
I live on the street I grew up on. Family moved here in 1972, but had worked the area all the way back to the 1800's. House is on a small street with only 7 houses total, on half acre lots. I lived out west for a time, and when my parents passed away moving back to a rural setting appealed more than living in a city full of crime in California.

In the last 5 years they've built 3 major apartment complexes within 2/10's of a mile from us. Our dead end street now has ghetto looking losers walking up and down it 24/7. Their dogs crap in our yards, thy drop trash, they yelling back and forth at the friends and some have started to walk up to houses and try car doors.

Across the street is 11 acres of lightly wooded and swamp land. The last 5 years the owner has been quietly filling in the swamp area illegally. Telling anyone brings blank stares and no action. Now he's sold it and they're building 35 houses on the land. Plus (what a benfit!), they didn't want to spend the money for access to the nearby highway, so our street becomes access to the whole stinking mess. It already takes as long as 25 minutes to get out on the street with all the apartment and school traffic!

The happy spanish speaking construction crews are today ripping down all the oaks I've spent my life watching grow, blasting in and out of the property and throwing dust and dirt all over the place. I can literally tell it's hotter on the street today than ever before. We're going to get baked with all the concrete they'll be adding. We're in the county by 30 yards, and I suspect if they haven't snuck it by, we will soon be in the city with all their attending fees and laws. **** Oviedo, it's NOT one of the "Top ten places in America to live" as they advertise. (Took me well over an hour to go 8 miles yesterday.)

I'me so stressed I can't function. The Wife got a job 40 miles away and we would benfit from living closer, but I just can't even begin to see where to start. I never wanted to move again- that's why we moved back here.

I hate developers. I hate Seminole County. I hate the never ending invading hordes destroying this state to live here.
We stayed in Maitland/Altamonte Springs last week for the race, and I got major ICNLT vibes. I am actually going to explore hotels elsewhere for next year's race to avoid the area.
outrunm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 9:01am   #28
Chemtrails99
A Real Barner
Activity: 7.2%

Thanked 1,360 Times in 532 Posts

In the 60's, before this current house, we lived in a suburb of Orlando called Pine Hills. My parents considered selling their house and put a few feelers out. A realtor got wind and showed up with what can only be described as a pretty scummy looking black fellow DEMANDING to purchase at the price HE decided was fair. My parents explained they hadn't actually decided to sell yet, and then began an endless stream or realtor visits, lawyer phone calls and threats. My parents were told they would be outed as "racists" if they refused to sell to this guy. It went so far as hone calls to their work complaining about them. The contant and increasing stream of black people showing up at the house worried the neighbors who were afraid of the place being busted.

Out of fear and pressure my parents ended up selling to the dirtbag, and beng convivnced to allow him to pay monthly directly to them. Within 6 months he was behind on payemnts, never to be found and full of excuses. The neghborhood went almost totally black in two years. Crime skyrocketed, old neighbors refused to talk to my parents, blaming them for the change. Some were even old time high school friends of theirs.

Today the area is known as "Crime Hills", as it's been a ghetto for decades. The 'Progress" I see in my current home matches much of the overbuilding/ low rent apartments/ pushy realtors I saw back in the 60's. There is no plce nice left in Florida. Unfortunatly, my Wife has worked herself into an outstanding job here and it wouldn't make sense to move back out of state. But much digging and loking hasn't yet revealed a place in the middle of the woods free of most any other humans like this house was until a decade ago.

My plan for now is to start cleaning house to prep to move, while learning about the dynamics of selling this place. Unfortunatly, the realtor I could trust because I've known him since he was 13 died two weeks ago. Guess he really couldn't handle the upcoming changes to the street.

The apartments have already filled the area with a past the tipping point amount of "POC" of a low fincial responsibility. Going to get gas or 7-11 is increasingly becoming a problem with all the loud mouth ghetto punks around here.
Chemtrails99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 9:07am   #29
Rob
Administrator
Barn Stall Owner #14
Barn Raising II,III Chef

NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'20
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Ukranian Famers are the modern day Chuck Norris
Activity: 1.4%

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,475 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17601606

Perspective - There went your "paradise" but maybe it is creating a new "paradise" for someone else that will love and appreciate having something new.

Progress is inevitable - as is change.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rob For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2023, 9:10am   #30
Chemtrails99
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek View Post
Well, according to this news report, folks are leaving FLA like crazy due to climate change fears. Looks like you will be able to find a nice place in the Keys pretty soon!...

"....Florida's climate exodus has already begun — and it's only going to get worse....."

Yet another stupid invader writer. Nothing major has changed, but we haven't had a real tough hurricane in decades. During that time "developers" have built right down to the beaches, filled in swamps and built and built so much in cities that sewage systems can't handle it once water levels rise. Normally I love hurricanes, because after real good ones about 40% of the state freaks out and leaves in fear. Used to be nothing better for clearing out the trash than a storm. Now, they stay, point their fingers at government and cry about insurance. The rest of us get stuck with stupid high rates because THEY decided to build in stupid areas. I openly encourage them to go to the paradise known as North/ South Carolina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outrunm View Post
We stayed in Maitland/Altamonte Springs last week for the race, and I got major ICNLT vibes. I am actually going to explore hotels elsewhere for next year's race to avoid the area.
That area used to be considered sort of ritzy/ wealthy. Apartments are everywhere there now also. Low rent renters have taken over most of the area. Maybe going south to Melbourne or Cocoa where it hasn't gone batshit crazy with building might be a place to stay. I can't think of anyplace in the Orlando area safe anymore. Oh, but we have a bunch of gay pride monuments and marches, as well as a never-ending amount og Black History locations to enjoy....
The Following User Says Thank You to Chemtrails99 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2023, 9:11am   #31
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Activity: 72.7%

Thanked 33,441 Times in 11,746 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333

Quote:
There is no place nice left in Florida.
Not true. Good luck whatever you decide to do.
Steve_R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2023, 9:20am   #32
Chemtrails99
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Perspective - There went your "paradise" but maybe it is creating a new "paradise" for someone else that will love and appreciate having something new.

So that justifies destroying what I had worked to gain? that's NOT progress.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chemtrails99 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2023, 9:24am   #33
jw38
A Real Barner
Activity: 13.3%

Thanked 1,865 Times in 724 Posts

Quote:

Paradise...as in ghetto?
jw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 10:19am   #34
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20,'21
Activity: 53.6%

Thanked 18,579 Times in 8,211 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1030760

Quote:
dvarapala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 10:32am   #35
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Location: Not Ceasing & Desisting on the leeward side of Anger Island
Thanked 27,979 Times in 11,827 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9018209

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek View Post

Good. Tell all them ghetto thugs and northerners to get the hell out. I-75 and I-95 head north. I-10 will take them west.

GET. THE. HELL. OUT!
DJ_Critterus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJ_Critterus For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2023, 10:39am   #36
LATB
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 23,453 Times in 10,612 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

Quote:
There is no place nice left in Florida.
This in incorrect.
LATB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 10:40am   #37
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,452 Times in 17,245 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:

My grandparents had to flee the home that my grandpa literally built out of stone. My dad built raised stone flower beds there. The neighborhood turned, my grandparents were robbed repeatedly, little kids used to ride by on their bikes asking them, "hey whitey, when you gonna leave?" Grandpa had, HAD, I'm told, a pretty significant gun collection, and a collection of police badges. They had...HAD jewelry. By the time they fled, all that was gone. The high school my dad went to was literally burned to the ground under suspicious circumstances. As of 20-some years ago, the house was at least still standing, but was in horrible disrepair, and the neighborhood was trashed.

I wouldn't say that's progress.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2023, 10:54am   #38
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Location: Not Ceasing & Desisting on the leeward side of Anger Island
Thanked 27,979 Times in 11,827 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9018209

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
My grandparents had to flee the home that my grandpa literally built out of stone. My dad built raised stone flower beds there. The neighborhood turned, my grandparents were robbed repeatedly, little kids used to ride by on their bikes asking them, "hey whitey, when you gonna leave?" Grandpa had, HAD, I'm told, a pretty significant gun collection, and a collection of police badges. They had...HAD jewelry. By the time they fled, all that was gone. The high school my dad went to was literally burned to the ground under suspicious circumstances. As of 20-some years ago, the house was at least still standing, but was in horrible disrepair, and the neighborhood was trashed.

The neighborhood where I was born and went to elementary school until, I think, 1st grade, turned and is now ground zero for the ATK vs KTA gang war going on here in the jacksonville area.
DJ_Critterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 11:07am   #39
Frankie the Fink
A Real Barner
Activity: 56.5%

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,603 Posts

I was on the Planning & Zoning board of our small (Oakland) central Florida town, a quaint, historic community that grew up along a citrus transportation railhead. We did a comprehensive development plan with preserved historic areas, a development "gateway corridor" and well thought out projections for future business/residential growth - even did a community focus group and gained broad citizen consensus for the plan.

Then the town planner quit and they brought in some flaming yokel and it was obvious he was gonna show us small town Bubba's how to increase tax revenue and use every square inch of the town as a profit center for developers.....can't say if he was getting some benefit from these big outfits like Pulte and Ryan but his disdain for board members was obvious, and I quit.

Now the area is a congested mess without enough infrastrucutre, roads, police/fire support, school space, etc.. Big surprise.

Pulte flooded a 200 year old cemetery in their hell bent rush to throw up 5 story condos/apartments nearby.

The OP needs to "man up" and come up with a plan to move elsewhere, the worst things is aging in an area that circling the drain and being trapped in your own home and vulnerable.
Attached Thumbnails
flood.png  

Frankie the Fink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 11:07am   #40
Rob
Administrator
Barn Stall Owner #14
Barn Raising II,III Chef

NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'20
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Ukranian Famers are the modern day Chuck Norris
Activity: 1.4%

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,475 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17601606

Quote:
So that justifies destroying what I had worked to gain? that's NOT progress.
No one said that

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw38 View Post
Paradise...as in ghetto?
To some, what you call a ghetto, some people consider a home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post

No, but that has a lot to do with the people being elected to city councils, planning commissions, zoning boards.

If people are so complacent that they trust those city officials are doing the right thing, they will soon find out why they are wrong. EVERYONE has to take place in local politics because that is what has the greater effect on your life and your property than federal talking heads.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rob For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic