Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2011, 1:04pm   #41
XtremeVette
Vette Barn Regular
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $720

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller View Post
I don't think a new cook was nominated. I believe the administrators did make an offer to Roscoe, as well as having a member volunteer to bring his gear to BG for the event. Some folks expressed their preferences but to my knowledge (and I'm really not in on anything) there is very little set in stone at this point other than the date, that the monies raised will go to the NCM and that VB is working with the NCM to put on a terrific event.

As for times changing and families and all that - for some folks Memorial day is the perfect day. Its a long weekend before summer kicks into gear, school is out and its a good chance to get away. As for Sunday being wasted it has always provided me with a means do the whole days drive home and rest up on Monday.
Well I was talking to Roscoe last week and then got Liz's PM about the VBII. Roscoe didn't seem angry or anything in his PM to me, just sounded surprised I guess. I was just always on the impression that more help is always better but at the same time can understand the "one too many cooks in the kitchen" theory. Perhaps there might have been too much friction with two chefs at the event? I dunno, if it were me having a big event...I wouldn't have any qualm's if two people wanted to partake. But its hearsay...

Yep haha I have heard that one about the weekend a million times...for those traveling back home it was great but for those that can't make it till saturday or sunday...kinda a bum deal. I was just hoping for some events to still take place for those local who can't make it till saturday or sunday...just an idea.

By the way...were ya from the CF and were perma banned? Your forum name sounds familiar...think we have chatted in the past before.
XtremeVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 1:06pm   #42
oyealiz
Barn Stall Owner #1313
Barn Raising I,II,III
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,029 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1112489

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeVette View Post
Yep haha I have heard that one about the weekend...for me...yeh I always hated that...for those traveling back home it was great but for those that can't make it till saturday....sucks. I was just hoping for some events to still take place for those local who can't make it till saturday or sunday.
You can't please em all. That's for sure!
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 1:11pm   #43
XtremeVette
Vette Barn Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangkiller View Post
Same here, but I hope you consider the Indy 500 with us this year.
ok I'll bite...whats going on for Indy? We talking racing? If ya could refer me to the link...would appreciate it.
Old 08-22-2011, 1:12pm   #44
XtremeVette
Vette Barn Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyealiz View Post
Again, source?

He is a member. I've only seen him post when we talk about BBQ at events.

OMG...this makes me want some BBQ now!
Same here..Iam starved! Ok that's it...Iam out...need lunch!
Old 08-22-2011, 1:13pm   #45
Stangkiller
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #5
Barn Raising I,II,III,IV
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 2.2%

Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,934 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2173478

Quote:
ok I'll bite...whats going on for Indy? We talking racing? If ya could refer me to the link...would appreciate it.
https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/o...ter-br-ii.html
Stangkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 3:52pm   #46
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 1.3%

Thanked 8,642 Times in 2,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2299270

Quote:
3. The CF CI was not going to take place for 2012 at the NCM...that was determined before this years Cruise In. It was no real secret. Iam very happy Vette Barn took over or stole the spot. It's great to see a new event be born. I hope that the function goes over very well and that the sunday is utilized and is not wasted.
I'm afraid you are incorrect. I am in direct communication with the NCM and Memorial Day weekend was released to us just a few weeks ago. And as I stated in another thread, Willis can spin this thing any way he feels will get him the most mileage, but the fact is that while the lack of attendance is a discussion that may have been bandied about on a few occasions, the final decision not to have another Cruise-In was made well after this last Cruise-In.

Quote:
I was curious as to what happened with Roscoe though and why he was not offered to play a role? I know there was a new cook nominated but still? (You can PM me if you don't wish to publicly answer this).
See my other post regarding this.

I'll say this once more: This is not an effort to rub anything in CF's face. They lost this event on their own. It was dying even before VB was a factor and the primary reason WAS and IS because of shoddy and underhanded treatment of current and former members. Of course, nothing will be admitted on CF because it's a "state-run" website.

I'd also like to point out that while we welcome anyone's participation, those who arrive at Vette Barn to attempt some sort of "damage control" on behalf of CF are pretty much wasting their time. Too much well-deserved resentment here for any of that to take hold.

Now...suggestions for Barn Raising II? We're all ears.

Last edited by Iron Chef; 08-22-2011 at 4:10pm. Reason: Added some things...
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Iron Chef For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2011, 4:25pm   #47
oyealiz
Barn Stall Owner #1313
Barn Raising I,II,III
Bantayan Kids '13

xtremevette...My apolgies for not knowing your id name/real name matchup. You said you were at Cruise Ins in the past? So alot of us here have actually met you in person? I see that you're in Murfreesboro, where my kiddo attended college. I don't think you're the guy I taLked to when her Jeep needed work, are you? Apologies again if you are and that's slipped my mind, too!
Old 08-22-2011, 4:39pm   #48
XtremeVette
Vette Barn Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
I'm afraid you are incorrect. I am in direct communication with the NCM and Memorial Day weekend was released to us just a few weeks ago. And as I stated in another thread, Willis can spin this thing any way he feels will get him the most mileage, but the fact is that while the lack of attendance is a discussion that may have been bandied about on a few occasions, the final decision not to have another Cruise-In was made well after this last Cruise-In.

See my other post regarding this.

I'll say this once more: This is not an effort to rub anything in CF's face. They lost this event on their own. It was dying even before VB was a factor and the primary reason WAS and IS because of shoddy and underhanded treatment of current and former members. Of course, nothing will be admitted on CF because it's a "state-run" website.

I'd also like to point out that while we welcome anyone's participation, those who arrive at Vette Barn to attempt some sort of "damage control" on behalf of CF are pretty much wasting their time. Too much well-deserved resentment here for any of that to take hold.

Now...suggestions for Barn Raising II? We're all ears.
Read your views on everything...understood...for the most part we both agree on everything...just a minor difference in opinions on a few things...but its all good. Iam not here to represent CF or any other forum for that matter...sorry if I came off that way.

Dixie...what are you driving now? Last I heard ya sold the Vette?...haven't seen you or Jo around in a while.

KBlair...how ya been doing out there in Knoxville? How are your gauges doin Kim?

I am hopeful that Roscoe does join in. Sounds like good food for all.
Old 08-22-2011, 4:43pm   #49
XtremeVette
Vette Barn Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangkiller View Post
Cool thanks for the link man...I did check it out...I'll have to think about that one...Iam a big Nascar fan...so if it was the Brickyard...I would probably go. OR if it were us racing F1 cars out on the track DEFINITELY would be in!
Old 08-22-2011, 4:44pm   #50
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16,'20
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 7.1%

Thanked 10,607 Times in 6,383 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3043611

Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 4:48pm   #51
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Thanked 16,607 Times in 7,133 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1009320

Online is a DANGEROUS place. Trust me on this one. I have stepped on my dik TWICE recently.
Giraffe (He/Him) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 4:55pm   #52
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 1.3%

Thanked 8,642 Times in 2,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2299270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Online is a DANGEROUS place. Trust me on this one. I have stepped on my dik TWICE recently.
So has everyone else.
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 4:56pm   #53
XtremeVette
Vette Barn Regular

Quote:
xtremevette...My apolgies for not knowing your id name/real name matchup. You said you were at Cruise Ins in the past? So alot of us here have actually met you in person? I see that you're in Murfreesboro, where my kiddo attended college. I don't think you're the guy I taLked to when her Jeep needed work, are you? Apologies again if you are and that's slipped my mind, too!
Nope Iam originally from Massachusetts Liz and yup I had been going to the CF Cruise Ins since the beginning with Cruise In #1 with Troy and Ryan. I drove up with Frank Shear (Mr. Mojo) and the rest of the NY, NJ crew. I attended CF CI 1 and 3 driving up in my dark red C4. My car was the one the blew the transmission out in KY and held up the entire New England Caravan for over 2 hours on CF CI 3 Go me huh! The guys at East Coast Supercharging weren't too thrilled with that lol. But Doug and Chris are really cool...they wanted to change it out on jackstands in the parking lot. Those were the days! Anyways I moved to Murfeesboro back in 2007 and started going back to the Cruise In's but as you know, they just never were the same. It was so long ago but I do think I might have met you at one of the Cruise Ins perhaps or Iam mistaken...were you around a decorated Christmas Tree? (I know that sounds really odd...but if it was you, you will know exactly what Iam talking about).

Jeff
Old 08-22-2011, 5:17pm   #54
BuckyThreadkiller
Barn Stall Owner #12
Barn Raising I
NCM Supporter '11, '12

Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,065 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $168047

Quote:
Nope Iam originally from Massachusetts Liz and yup I had been going to the CF Cruise Ins since the beginning with Cruise In #1 with Troy and Ryan. I drove up with Frank Shear (Mr. Mojo) and the rest of the NY, NJ crew. I attended CF CI 1 and 3 driving up in my dark red C4. My car was the one the blew the transmission out in KY and held up the entire New England Caravan for over 2 hours on CF CI 3 Go me huh! The guys at East Coast Supercharging weren't too thrilled with that lol. But Doug and Chris are really cool...they wanted to change it out on jackstands in the parking lot. Those were the days! Anyways I moved to Murfeesboro back in 2007 and started going back to the Cruise In's but as you know, they just never were the same. It was so long ago but I do think I might have met you at one of the Cruise Ins perhaps or Iam mistaken...were you around a decorated Christmas Tree? (I know that sounds really odd...but if it was you, you will know exactly what Iam talking about).

Jeff
The Christmas tree was QTip and My95 and ForensicVette and a bunch of folks. I might have had a White Castle and beer or several there myself.

I am still a member at CF and post there on occasion, but I'm not a fan of what happened to many of my friends there, nor do I enjoy the NNILOSER/CHASL2or3 Look-At-Mefest.

Therefore I post here and in the CF C6/7 sections and very little in CFOT.
BuckyThreadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 6:45pm   #55
oyealiz
Barn Stall Owner #1313
Barn Raising I,II,III
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:

Jeff
Pix please...of you, not the tree! As I recall, Dave (for some mysterious, unknown reason) just happened to have the Christmas lights in his c3.

Quote:
The Christmas tree was QTip and My95 and ForensicVette and a bunch of folks. I might have had a White Castle and beer or several there myself.

I am still a member at CF and post there on occasion, but I'm not a fan of what happened to many of my friends there, nor do I enjoy the NNILOSER/CHASL2or3 Look-At-Mefest.

Therefore I post here and in the CF C6/7 sections and very little in CFOT.
Might?
Old 08-22-2011, 7:01pm   #56
BuckyThreadkiller
Barn Stall Owner #12
Barn Raising I
NCM Supporter '11, '12

Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,065 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $168047

Quote:
Might?
My memory is a little fuzzy about certain episodes...
BuckyThreadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 7:09pm   #57
oyealiz
Barn Stall Owner #1313
Barn Raising I,II,III
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
My memory is a little fuzzy about certain episodes...
Well, at least your extrapolation of the likely occurrences is spot on.
Old 08-22-2011, 7:42pm   #58
DAB
Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Activity: 7.2%

Thanked 32,997 Times in 14,148 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17500122

hi Jeff, Douglas here, another of the few that went to CI 1 and 2 (then i stopped for other life related reasons).

this is a great group, do try to join BR 2, i'm already working on saving $$ for it.
DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DAB For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2011, 9:34am   #59
XtremeVette
Vette Barn Regular

Default a few pics from way back in the day...

Here are some pics I found from over 10 years ago...no laughing too hard now at some of the pics.

Me back in the day at Cruise In I. (was Frank Shear, Kevin Buicker, and myself.)

Me and my brother

Me about 5 years ago.

Me now

Old 08-23-2011, 9:34am   #60
XtremeVette
Vette Barn Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post
hi Jeff, Douglas here, another of the few that went to CI 1 and 2 (then i stopped for other life related reasons).

this is a great group, do try to join BR 2, i'm already working on saving $$ for it.
Iam definitely going to try man...I can't make it saturday...so either friday or sunday will be for me.

Jeff

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic