Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-22-2021, 10:51pm   #21
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,421 Times in 17,231 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

I have a really good friend who sent me this, after I sent him the Coke wants you to be less white, the Smithsonian "indicators of whiteness," and the Muppets are racist article:

Quote:
We went off boil water today. But we went for a walk and I saw 4 water breaks in my neighborhood.
I haven't read hardly any of this, I skimmed the Smithsonian thing. some of it I don't agree with. A fair amount i do.

The bottom line. White men won. We get to write the rules. But the times are changing. White men still rule, but their rule is being challenged. The beliefs they have held up for 300 years are being challenged. Questioning things is never, ever inherently bad.

Did you see the difference in how black protesters at the capital were treated versus the white protesters? How do you account for that? The BLM protesters there weren't armed (some were in others, not here). They had not broken any laws. They were peaceful, and I believe they had a permit. They were treated aggressively. When BLM announced their protests hundreds of armed police and guard showed up. What happened when the white mostly male crowd stormed the capital, some with weapons? Why weren't additional police called up? They were worried about the optics. Optics wasn't a concern with the black protest. It was an overwhelming show of force. There were plenty of armed officers to arrest a solitary black man in peaceful protest in that same building. But it is changing. He works there now as a representative

Banning Kermie? probably not. I will probably not read that, although I might.

The white male dominated society put a man on the moon. It's done some great things.
A multicultural equal sex organization is flying a helicopter on Mars. Things are changing. And the people who have been in charge for 300 years feel threatened, and rightfully so. So you get trump and birthers, and q
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2021, 11:07pm   #22
Torqaholic
A Real Barner
Activity: 20.9%

Thanked 4,381 Times in 2,400 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15637580

I'd just flat out tell them I'm not getting the shot. They can say, think, or do whatever they want. If they're addicted to fake news they wouldn't wan't to come here anyway, I don't own a television.

My son and one of his daughters got the virus, his wife and the other daughter didn't. All quarantined under the same roof together for two weeks (prior to vaccines). Either they all should have died or somebody lied. You decide.
Torqaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Torqaholic For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2021, 8:25am   #23
Ronins2ndCuzzin
A Real Barner
Activity: 29.9%

Thanked 1,013 Times in 481 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

This is EASY. You do you. Anyone that can't handle it (friends or not) can **** right the hell off. You are the company you keep.
Ronins2ndCuzzin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ronins2ndCuzzin For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic