Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > C7 Corvette > C7 Open Discussion

C7 Open Discussion General and technical C7 Corvette discussion - ownership, maintenance, repairs, modifications, tuning

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2018, 8:47pm   #1
promethius
Vette Barn nOOb
Activity: 1.6%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $535
Default Battlefield Corvette Club "All Corvette" Charity Cruz-In

Evening Northern VA, MD, DC, DE Corvette Owners

My name is Tony Krum and I am the Coordinator for the upcoming 10th Annual "All Corvette" Charity Cruz-In. Back in January, I was given one direction by the Officers of the Club. Because this is the 10th anniversary of the Club and the Cruz-In, they wanted this one to be the biggest and best for both the Club and Northern Virginia. So as of this writing, I wanted to share with you the current list of supporting businesses and vendors. I started knocking on doors both in the real and cyber world back in February. Right now we have $7300+ in merchandise, gift cards and gift certificates. Just over 50 percent of that is wrapped up in 28 door prizes, ranging in value from $120 to $140 each to be given away during the show. We have silent auction items from Race Ramps, Harbor Freight, Carbon Eye Detailing, RPMFlags, Lowes, Hooters, Custom Wheel Boutique, Signed and Unsigned Corvette Racing Posters and Pictures, Framed and Unframed and many others items. For the Man-Caves/Garages we have Vinyl Banners from Summit Racing, ACS Composites and Wilwood Brakes up for grabs.
We will have 2 food trucks on site. We will have 3 local businesses with a presence at the Cruz-In, Action Window Tint "tint and paint protection wrap", Evolution Motorsports Engineering "Speed, Performance and HP" and Cheep Shotz Photography "Member owned corvette racing photos".
We have almost 500 samples available "first come, first serve" at the registration table from Turtle Wax, Meguiars, Simoniz and Corvette Central.
Trophies will consist of 1st-3rd place for each generation, Best in Show, Managers Trophy, 2 Charity Selected Winners and Best Represented Club Trophy. Each 1st place winner, along with Best in Show, in addition to their respective trophy will get a Sealant Kit, consisting of a 16oz bottle of Sealant and Microfiber Towel donated by Produxa and F11TopCoat.

Early registration can be accomplished via Eventbrite at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/battlef...58534?aff=eac2 for $20 plus Eventbrite fees or day of the Cruz-In for $25.

Last year we had a great turnout of 119 registered Corvettes and unfortunately our PA system couldn't handle that size of area, so this year we went BIG and rented a PA/Music system which will carry to the last row of Corvettes and might be heard all the way to Richmond, just kidding!

Last year our 50/50 drawing was almost $1400 and the winner walked away with $650 and change. Last year we added a special little twist to the 50/50. For those who met my donation challenge of $50, got a length of 50/50 tickets, matching the length of their car. But that is not all, for those folks were also eligible for an additional drawing of two special prizes valued at $400. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe 12 folks met my challenge, which meant that each person had a 1 in 6 chance to win. Because it was so successful last year, we are doing it again this year.

Our two charities this year are SemperK9 and Some Gave All Foundation. Both are local charities doing great work in our communities for our veterans. If SemperK9 sounds familiar to you, it might be because this charity was featured on the TV Show "Returning the Favor" with Mike Rowe. Former host of "Dirty Jobs" about 6 months ago. Both of these charities will be on hand to answer any questions you might have about their work and I have been told that SemperK9 will have several of their service dogs present.

Come on out and celebrate with friends and family. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest sports car on the planet and lets all "pay it forward" to those who serve, have served or paid the ultimate sacrifice in the name of Freedom!

I am looking forward to meeting all of you. I will be MCing this year, as I have done in the past 3 years. I will be the one in front, on the Mic, in a yellow "Corvette Racing" shirt. Come on up and say Hi! Bring the kids, I have some special gifts to give away to the next generation of Corvette owners......Got to Keep the Wave Alive".

Please pass this on to both club and nonclub members alike, I would love to break the previous years’ record of 119. Can’t do it without your help and assistance. If I can be of any assistance or answer any questions, please let me know.

Thank you.

Tony Krum

promethius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to promethius For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2018, 9:10pm   #2
Norm
Barn Stall Owner #1776
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Activity: 29.2%

Thanked 15,023 Times in 4,314 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2002001941

Hey Tony, gonna do it again, are you?

Enjoyed last years, it was a good show, going to try to make it again, can't guarantee a crew like last year, but I'll give it a try.
Old 09-08-2018, 12:39am   #3
Sea Six
Barn Stall Owner #16A
Barn Stall Owner #16B

NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 2.2%

Thanked 13,000 Times in 7,313 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $602908

Sounds like a blast!
Sea Six is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > C7 Corvette > C7 Open Discussion