Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Yesterday, 8:40am   #1
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,471 Times in 17,254 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492
Default Stop in the Name of the Law: NY D.A. Caught Speeding, Drives Home

https://nypost.com/2024/04/26/us-new...ops-hard-time/

In a case of "rules for thee, not for me," she get pulled over for speeding, but decides to call the police chief and tell him to call off his officer, and just drives the extra mile to get to her house.

Quote:
Upstate NY DA refuses to stop for speeding, drives back home and calls police chief to complain: video
By Social Links for Patrick Reilly
Published April 26, 2024, 11:26 p.m. ET

An upstate New York district attorney refused to stop for cops when she was caught speeding — and instead drove back her house and called the police chief to complain about the “a–hole” officer who pursued her home, bodycam footage shows.

Monroe County District Attorney Sandra Doorley admitted that she was driving 55 mph in a 35 mph zone on Monday on Phillips Road in Webster — less than half a mile from her neighborhood, WHAM reported.

“Once I realized that the intention of the [police car] was to pull me over, I called the Webster Police Chief to inform him that I was not a threat and that I would speak to the Officer at my house down the street,” she said in a statement.

The officer followed her to her home and issued Doorley a ticket, which she accepted. The DA pleaded guilty in municipal court on Tuesday “because I believe in accepting responsibility for my actions and had no intention of using my position to receive a benefit,” she said.

However, bodycam footage released by the Webster Police Department on Friday shows the tense exchange between Doorley and the officer in her driveway, in which the district attorney appears to have been doing just that.

When the cop tells her she was doing 55 in a 35, she tells him “I don’t really care,” clearly irritated.

She gets on the phone and calls Webster Chief of Police Dennis Kohlmeier and asks him “can you please tell them to leave me alone?”

Doorley refuses to step outside her garage to speak with officers. She dismissively hands the cop the phone to speak with the chief and tells him “just go away.” The officer can be heard explaining what happened on the phone.

She then storms inside the house against the officer’s orders.

He explains that he’s trying to conduct a traffic stop, and she shoots back “I know the law better than you,” footage shows.

“What is it your so against me? I’m doing my job. You say you’re a DA?” the cop asks at one point.

“I am THE DA,” she emphatically snaps back, and fetches her badge out of her car as she calls him an “a–hole.”

At one point the officer asks her why she was going so fast she responded that she “didn’t feel like stopping on Phillips Road at 5:30,” to which the officer responded, “That’s not your choice; you know that.”

“What do you want us to do, not do our jobs because it’s you?” the officer then asks Doorley.

She tells him to just write her the ticket, but he reminds her she refused to stop.

“That’s not a traffic ticket; that’s an arrestable offense, Sandra. You know this,” the cop says.

In another clip, Doorley can be heard saying, “I’ve had a really bad day; I’ve been dealing with murders in the city,” and then apologizes.

In a statement after the footage was released provided to WHAM, Doorley said “nobody, including your District Attorney, is above the rule of law, even traffic laws.

“Anybody who knows me understands without a doubt that I have dedicated my entire 33 year career to the safety of this community,” she continued. “My work to ensure the safety and respect of law enforcement is well proven time and time again. I stand by my work and stand by my commitment to the public safety of Monroe County.”

I wonder who brought this to the public's attention.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:34am   #2
6spdC6
A Real Barner
Activity: 35.6%

Location: NorthernNY! (A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake) in the peoples republic of NY
Thanked 3,408 Times in 1,866 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2115673

Another NY politician that loves to yell out Don't you know who Iam!
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:52am   #3
Frankie the Fink
A Real Barner
Activity: 62.9%

Thanked 3,604 Times in 1,612 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Well NY DA’s are used to indictments for Federal crimes lately. So what’s a little local speeding ticket ?
Frankie the Fink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:57am   #4
Swany00
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 20.1%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $120

above the law
Swany00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 6:47am   #5
Frankie the Fink
A Real Barner
Activity: 62.9%

Thanked 3,604 Times in 1,612 Posts

Somehow, when we weren't looking, liberal, entitled cretins made a slow motion move into the judicial system...

The three branches of gov't are morphing and we're not supposed to notice. The Legislative Branch (Congress) is a uniparty now with behind-the-scenes elites driving the train, the Executive Branch (POTUS) will be effectively a neutered figurehead if there is no immunity, and, the Judicial Branch is now the wielder of government power with judges and DAs able to cripple citizens financially, socially and emotionally under the guise of justice.
Frankie the Fink is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frankie the Fink For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 6:59am   #6
slewfoot
Barn Stall Owner #118
Activity: 60.4%

Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,189 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1002672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink View Post
Somehow, when we weren't looking, liberal, entitled cretins made a slow motion move into the judicial system...

The three branches of gov't are morphing and we're not supposed to notice. The Legislative Branch (Congress) is a uniparty now with behind-the-scenes elites driving the train, the Executive Branch (POTUS) will be effectively a neutered figurehead if there is no immunity, and, the Judicial Branch is now the wielder of government power with judges and DAs able to cripple citizens financially, socially and emotionally under the guise of justice.

Isn't she a Pub?
slewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 7:03am   #7
VatorMan
Barn Stall Owner #122
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'17
Activity: 5.8%

Thanked 8,408 Times in 4,256 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1158963

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewfoot View Post
Isn't she a Pub?
She’s been both. Early dem and now pub.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 4:20pm   #8
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,471 Times in 17,254 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Look how long and how much bullshit they went through just to write a speeding ticket. Can't shoot the dogs, can't throw this woman down and BTFO her, can't arrest her, can't have the car towed.....can't avail themselves of the normal punishments for contempt of cop with this one.

This does lay bare the American policing system which heavily overemphasized the "traffic stop" as the main way police fish for crimes and generate revenue.

Officer, giddily: "I caught you doing 20mph over the speed limit!" He sounds like he just caught the people who kidnapped the Lindbergh baby.

Haughty D.A.: "I mean, so fucking what? Ticky tack bullshit." She knows it's bullshit, but she's the one enforcing the ticky tack tickets everyone else gets. Hypocrite. If you're part of the system, you at least have to pretend that you agree with the system. I bet Homegirl Letitia, the NY State AG is considering arresting her for fleeing, privileged White woman and all. I'd actually like to see that, her perp walked in handcuffs for that.

She emasculated him, but he's going to get the last laugh here, because I suspect she's going to be booted out before it's all over. Obviously one of the cops leaked the body cam video to get this out in public.

I'd like to know who INITIALLY made the video public. I'm guessing it was the cop who pulled her over in the first place. Imagine how hard it was for him to not fuck her shit up right then and there.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 4:39pm   #9
Moond0ggie
A Real Barner
Activity: 2.9%

Stupid lady ,
she wouldnt have even received a ticket (or national embarrassment) if she just pulled over right away & handed the cop her License-reg-insurance papers & DA badge, informing him (with a little honey in her voice) of her position & how she regrets the traffic infraction
& will be sure to be more mindful in the future .
Moond0ggie is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic