Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > C4 Corvette > C4 Open Discussion

C4 Open Discussion General and technical C4 Corvette discussion - ownership, maintenance, repairs, modifications, tuning

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2016, 4:45pm   #1
C4 Guy
Vette Barn nOOb
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $515
Default Help with Cooling fan wiring

Hi, just wanted to start by saying this is my first time buying a Corvette so it's kind of new too me. Last month I bought an 85 c4, this past weekend I did a coolant flush on it and changed the oil. I noticed when running the car's digital temp gauge reads low, but oil temp registers. The car has 2 fans one before and 1 after the radiator. the one before the radiator will turn on when it gets warm but the fan after the radiator closest to the engine will not. when I unplug the coolant switch on the passenger head and grounded it, the fan furthest from the engine will turn on. when I ground the green/white wire from on the relay mounted on the drivers inner fender the fan closest to the engine will turn on, but wont turn on by itself. Iv been watching corvette centrals YouTube vids on the B4P package fan and discovered there is another coolant switch between cylinders 1 and 3 but on my car there isn't a wire that goes to the switch. Does anyone know where this wire comes from in the harness? and why my temp gauge always reads low? I took the car to the GM dealer and they just wanted to wire in a switch for the fans without even looking at it. I just want it to run how it's supposed to, any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!
C4 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > C4 Corvette > C4 Open Discussion