Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2011, 6:30am   #1
onedef92
Vette Barn Deacon
Barn Raising II
Activity: 0%

Thanked 9,190 Times in 4,542 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $21169452
Default Every Dog has its Day: Poodle saves life of Louisville 7-year-old

Poodle saves life of Louisville 7-year-old

Posted: Jun 12, 2011 7:14 PM EDT
Updated: Jun 12, 2011 7:14 PM EDT

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE)- A Louisville mom says she's thankful her daughter is alive, after a pit bull attack in her own front yard.

It happened last Sunday evening in the 3000 block of Auburn Circle, in Jeffersontown.

Lynn Davenport says if it weren't for her poodle, Buddy, her 7-year-old daughter might not be alive today.

Last Sunday evening, Davenport was sitting on her front porch with her poodle in her lap, watching her 7-year-old daughter ride her bike.

It was a normal day, until the nightmare began.

"Two dogs came through the bushes and proceeded to go toward my daughter which was on the bicycle at the time," Davenport said.

Davenport says her small poodle, Buddy, instantly jumped between the dogs and her daughter in an effort to protect the child.

"They just both lunged on him and just completely started to tear him apart." She said

That's when Davenport stepped in.

"Finally, I just kept kicking and hitting, and screaming." Davenport said, remembering the incident "So, they finally, at one moment let go and when they did I jerked my poodle up."

Amazingly, her daughter wasn't hurt . But, Buddy spent the last week at a Veterinarian's office recovering from his injuries.

"He's still got a long survival road to go. But, they're very positive. He may have to have another surgery." Davenport said.

Davenport points to what she believes is a problem of loose dogs intimidating her neighbors.

"But, there has been a couple of occasions where they have gotten loose from their owners and it has frightened the children."

Still reeling from the incident, Davenport says if it weren't for Buddy...

"My daughter wouldn't have made it." Davenport said as she wiped a tear from her eye "I don't think she would've made it through that. And it would've been my daughter...not my dog," She said "I just thank god that he was here."

Jeffersontown police chief Richard Sanders tells me police did respond to the Davenport home last Sunday to a report of a dog biting a dog.

Chief Sanders says they have turned the incident over to Louisville Metro Animal Services.

A spokeswoman for the city tells me Animal Control officers are investigating the incident.

No charges have been filed and their investigation continues
onedef92 is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic