Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  
 
Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion

Politics & Religion Discussion of politics and religion

User Tag List

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2017, 3:36pm   #21
lander
A Real Barner
Points: 17,159, Level: 90
Activity: 13.1%
 
lander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,139
Thanks: 745
Thanked 1,529 Times in 798 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $402921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
Name calling. A sign of high intellect. I certainly can't compete with that.
You can't compete with a mirror.
lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 3:37pm   #22
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 121,424, Level: 100
Activity: 15.4%
 
Jeff '79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WHERE I LAY MY HEAD IS HOME - LEWES DELAWARE
Posts: 39,315
Thanks: 5,687
Thanked 9,233 Times in 5,533 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3034401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
I don't see the point, also serious. This march isn't going to encourage common courtesy. Did you see the signs? The vulgarity on them is just astounding. That encourages respect? Equal rights? Why aren't these people protesting in front of the embassies of Middle East countries?

They are free to make a spectacle, without fear of retribution, and that right there tells us they are protesting the wrong country. This is nothing more than an anti-Trump rally by the butthurt, and those who got sucked into the siren song of, "well, gee whiz, equal rights, who isn't in favor of equal rights."

The left doesn't have many cards left, so they are desperately doubling down on the woman card.

Let me remind you of exactly how that works:




If you didn't vote for Hillary, you belong in Hell. Thankfully, that emotional appeal didn't work successfully.
They are. Every country has women's protests going on right now.
Left, right... BS
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 3:40pm   #23
lspencer534
Dorkapottamus
Barn Stall Owner #52
Points: 193,072, Level: 100
Activity: 10.5%
 
lspencer534's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Here
Posts: 32,472
Thanks: 2,162
Thanked 19,828 Times in 6,652 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9338589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
According to my daughter who is at the DC rally, my daughter who is at the NYC rally, and my wife who is at the Buffalo rally, there are as many men there as women.
I can see their point when it comes to basic respect and equal rights for all humans.
It's common courtesy and something that the Constitution of the United States was based on.
You guys out there who mock them should be ashamed of yourselves.
Serious as a heart attack.
That's a good point and well said...however, the March has serious undertones of protesting Trump. Gloria Steinham praised "our great leaders" Barack and Michelle Obama, Sen. Bernie Sanders, and Hillary Clinton "who told the whole world that women's rights are human rights and human rights are women's rights," quoting Clinton's speech at a United Nations conference in 1995.

Shortly before Steinem took the podium, actress America Ferrera was one of the first speakers at the rally ahead of the march, calling for supporters to "fight, oppose" the Trump administration.

Filmaker Michael Moore railed against President Trump, telling marchers to take action against his administration. He tore up President Trump's Inauguration Brochure on stage. Homemade signs at the rally were related to Hillary Clinton, Trump's campaign rival. One read "Still With Her" using a play on Clinton's campaign slogan, and another read "Lock Him Up," playing on a chant that some Trump supporters directed at Clinton during the campaign. Several "Stronger Together" posters from the Clinton campaign were spotted as well.

Sounds more like a Trump protest than a march for women's rights.
lspencer534 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lspencer534 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2017, 3:42pm   #24
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 121,424, Level: 100
Activity: 15.4%
 
Jeff '79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WHERE I LAY MY HEAD IS HOME - LEWES DELAWARE
Posts: 39,315
Thanks: 5,687
Thanked 9,233 Times in 5,533 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3034401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post
she has the same question.

ifs it's just "we don't like Trump", then label the march as such. don't lie to us. don't try to sell that by fiat that Trump will take away some right they have.

and if you assault people without cause, or break things that aren't yours, then you are just rioting and should be locked up for doing so.
Nothing is being broken today. It's a peaceful march.
Yesterday, on the other hand, the paid goons were out. They had nothing to do with today's organized march.
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 3:47pm   #25
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 121,424, Level: 100
Activity: 15.4%
 
Jeff '79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WHERE I LAY MY HEAD IS HOME - LEWES DELAWARE
Posts: 39,315
Thanks: 5,687
Thanked 9,233 Times in 5,533 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3034401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspencer534 View Post
That's a good point and well said...however, the March has serious undertones of protesting Trump. Gloria Steinham praised "our great leaders" Barack and Michelle Obama, Sen. Bernie Sanders, and Hillary Clinton "who told the whole world that women's rights are human rights and human rights are women's rights," quoting Clinton's speech at a United Nations conference in 1995.

Shortly before Steinem took the podium, actress America Ferrera was one of the first speakers at the rally ahead of the march, calling for supporters to "fight, oppose" the Trump administration.

Filmaker Michael Moore railed against President Trump, telling marchers to take action against his administration. He tore up President Trump's Inauguration Brochure on stage. Homemade signs at the rally were related to Hillary Clinton, Trump's campaign rival. One read "Still With Her" using a play on Clinton's campaign slogan, and another read "Lock Him Up," playing on a chant that some Trump supporters directed at Clinton during the campaign. Several "Stronger Together" posters from the Clinton campaign were spotted as well.

Sounds more like a Trump protest than a march for women's rights.
Ya, they're pretty emotional.
Not violent though. Just emotional about their human rights.
Trump is the president and should be given the respect that the office deserves. I'm totally in agreement with that.
A few ultra leftists did speak, you're right. I didn't like their message, as I'm sure a lot of the crowd didn't. They just want to get the message across that all people are human beings and all human beings, no matter their race, gender, sexual orientation, etc, should be treated equally.
You know,... Basic Constitutional rights.
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 3:48pm   #26
DAB
Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Points: 131,906, Level: 100
Activity: 40.6%
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Posts: 55,494
Thanks: 9,983
Thanked 20,291 Times in 10,708 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $35000167
Default

sorry for the delay....was in the kitchen helping make some cookies and taking doggie for a walk. you know, important stuff. i already cleaned the shop up yesterday (made 4 rifle shooting benches) and transferred water around. so now i have a moment to debate a matter of the day with my friends.

i've only seen a few headlines on the DC mess.

if they really wanted to accomplish something useful, they could take a page from Gandhi and King. state your grievance and conduct peaceful, non-violent protest until the system yields to your demands and delivers reform and justice.

but the government, all governments, are given the power of the sword to impose peace and enforce the laws. you will not change those laws, and more importantly, the hearts and minds of others, simply by rioting. the state will restore peace, and you will feel the end of the sword.
DAB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 3:50pm   #27
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 121,424, Level: 100
Activity: 15.4%
 
Jeff '79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WHERE I LAY MY HEAD IS HOME - LEWES DELAWARE
Posts: 39,315
Thanks: 5,687
Thanked 9,233 Times in 5,533 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3034401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post
sorry for the delay....was in the kitchen helping make some cookies and taking doggie for a walk. you know, important stuff. i already cleaned the shop up yesterday (made 4 rifle shooting benches) and transferred water around. so now i have a moment to debate a matter of the day with my friends.

i've only seen a few headlines on the DC mess.

if they really wanted to accomplish something useful, they could take a page from Gandhi and King. state your grievance and conduct peaceful, non-violent protest until the system yields to your demands and delivers reform and justice.

but the government, all governments, are given the power of the sword to impose peace and enforce the laws. you will not change those laws, and more importantly, the hearts and minds of others, simply by rioting. the state will restore peace, and you will feel the end of the sword.
What rioting?
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 3:54pm   #28
lander
A Real Barner
Points: 17,159, Level: 90
Activity: 13.1%
 
lander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,139
Thanks: 745
Thanked 1,529 Times in 798 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $402921
Default

This false protest is just another failing propaganda piece by those that are sad they can't suck Obama's dick with any result anymore.

/Thread
lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 3:59pm   #29
bill_daniels
Barn Stall Owner #90125
NCM Supporter '19
Points: 99,641, Level: 100
Activity: 48.9%
 
bill_daniels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston, Tejas, Estados Unidos
Posts: 39,396
Thanks: 11,074
Thanked 14,557 Times in 7,539 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2607450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
They are. Every country has women's protests going on right now.
Left, right... BS
Yes, but again, they are marching in all the wrong countries. Let me know when there are women's protests in Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Iraq, Iran, etc.

Spence is right. This is an anti-Trump protest, dressed up as "women's rights." The speakers themselves set the agenda. I don't recall any of them speak out against genital mutilation of girls in the Middle East. I don't recall any of them speaking out against the "virtue police" who beat women for not being covered up well enough. Heck, none of these speakers even gave a shout out to Saudi Arabia, for not letting women drive. I didn't even hear a speaker call out Bill Clinton, for doing the exact same thing Trump has been accused of. One recurring them I do see is, "Trump is a bad man."

It's purely anti-Trump....they just managed to suck in innocents like your daughters, who didn't fully understand the agenda. I hope they will be safe, considering the unrest that has occurred at previous anti-Trump rallies. Sirius.
bill_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bill_daniels For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2017, 4:03pm   #30
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 121,424, Level: 100
Activity: 15.4%
 
Jeff '79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WHERE I LAY MY HEAD IS HOME - LEWES DELAWARE
Posts: 39,315
Thanks: 5,687
Thanked 9,233 Times in 5,533 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3034401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
Yes, but again, they are marching in all the wrong countries. Let me know when there are women's protests in Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Iraq, Iran, etc.

Spence is right. This is an anti-Trump protest, dressed up as "women's rights." The speakers themselves set the agenda. I don't recall any of them speak out against genital mutilation of girls in the Middle East. I don't recall any of them speaking out against the "virtue police" who beat women for not being covered up well enough. Heck, none of these speakers even gave a shout out to Saudi Arabia, for not letting women drive. I didn't even hear a speaker call out Bill Clinton, for doing the exact same thing Trump has been accused of. One recurring them I do see is, "Trump is a bad man."

It's purely anti-Trump....they just managed to suck in innocents like your daughters, who didn't fully understand the agenda. I hope they will be safe, considering the unrest that has occurred at previous anti-Trump rallies. Sirius.
Don't fully understand the agenda.
You sir, are funny.
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 4:03pm   #31
lander
A Real Barner
Points: 17,159, Level: 90
Activity: 13.1%
 
lander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,139
Thanks: 745
Thanked 1,529 Times in 798 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $402921
Default

Perhaps if Jeffie had better control of his lesbian wife and daughters... Sharia law maybe? He could have prevented this embarrassing situation he finds himself in.
lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 4:06pm   #32
bill_daniels
Barn Stall Owner #90125
NCM Supporter '19
Points: 99,641, Level: 100
Activity: 48.9%
 
bill_daniels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston, Tejas, Estados Unidos
Posts: 39,396
Thanks: 11,074
Thanked 14,557 Times in 7,539 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2607450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
Don't fully understand the agenda.
You sir, are funny.
If they supported Hillary, then my apologies....they do understand the agenda.
bill_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 4:11pm   #33
lander
A Real Barner
Points: 17,159, Level: 90
Activity: 13.1%
 
lander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,139
Thanks: 745
Thanked 1,529 Times in 798 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $402921
Default

Must be Jeffie's kin on drudge homepage right now. He must be so proud.
lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 4:13pm   #34
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 121,424, Level: 100
Activity: 15.4%
 
Jeff '79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WHERE I LAY MY HEAD IS HOME - LEWES DELAWARE
Posts: 39,315
Thanks: 5,687
Thanked 9,233 Times in 5,533 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3034401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
If they supported Hillary, then my apologies....they do understand the agenda.
To divert the "Women's March" thing to my daughters political views is so sophmoronic.
You can name call all you want, but the fact remains that there is a women's march going on right now, with hundreds of thousands of women and men marching, in almost all the cities in the United States and all of the countries of the world.
Laugh, call names, and divert the topic to suit your agenda all you want.
It's tough to ignore the multitude of marchers in the multitude of citys around the world though.
Will it matter? Who knows?
It is what it is.
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 4:15pm   #35
bill_daniels
Barn Stall Owner #90125
NCM Supporter '19
Points: 99,641, Level: 100
Activity: 48.9%
 
bill_daniels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston, Tejas, Estados Unidos
Posts: 39,396
Thanks: 11,074
Thanked 14,557 Times in 7,539 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2607450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lander View Post
Perhaps if Jeffie had better control of his lesbian wife and daughters... Sharia law maybe? He could have prevented this embarrassing situation he finds himself in.
Funny how I never see you around here, but when you are, you are usually just stirring the pot. Look behind you. That was the line you crossed. Not cool to go after a member's family.
bill_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bill_daniels For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2017, 4:17pm   #36
lander
A Real Barner
Points: 17,159, Level: 90
Activity: 13.1%
 
lander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,139
Thanks: 745
Thanked 1,529 Times in 798 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $402921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
Funny how I never see you around here, but when you are, you are usually just stirring the pot. Look behind you. That was the line you crossed. Not cool to go after a member's family.
You mean like how he went after mine? Why weren't you standing up for me when he did that?

Pot...Meet kettle.
lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 4:17pm   #37
bill_daniels
Barn Stall Owner #90125
NCM Supporter '19
Points: 99,641, Level: 100
Activity: 48.9%
 
bill_daniels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston, Tejas, Estados Unidos
Posts: 39,396
Thanks: 11,074
Thanked 14,557 Times in 7,539 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2607450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
To divert the "Women's March" thing to my daughters political views is so sophmoronic.
You can name call all you want, but the fact remains that there is a women's march going on right now, with hundreds of thousands of women and men marching, in almost all the cities in the United States and all of the countries of the world.
Laugh, call names, and divert the topic to suit your agenda all you want.
It's tough to ignore the multitude of marchers in the multitude of citys around the world though.
Will it matter? Who knows?
It is what it is.
I will NOT call you names, or laugh at you. We may disagree about this, but I respect you and your opinion.

bill_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bill_daniels For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2017, 4:17pm   #38
DAB
Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Points: 131,906, Level: 100
Activity: 40.6%
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Posts: 55,494
Thanks: 9,983
Thanked 20,291 Times in 10,708 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $35000167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lander View Post
Must be Jeffie's kin on drudge homepage right now. He must be so proud.



this gem?
DAB is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DAB For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2017, 4:18pm   #39
lander
A Real Barner
Points: 17,159, Level: 90
Activity: 13.1%
 
lander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,139
Thanks: 745
Thanked 1,529 Times in 798 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $402921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
Funny how I never see you around here, but when you are, you are usually just stirring the pot. Look behind you. That was the line you crossed. Not cool to go after a member's family.
Should be good... You going to admit your double standard?
lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 4:19pm   #40
DAB
Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Points: 131,906, Level: 100
Activity: 40.6%
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Posts: 55,494
Thanks: 9,983
Thanked 20,291 Times in 10,708 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $35000167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post



this gem?
yeah, that will bring all kinds of support...
DAB is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DAB For This Useful Post:
Reply

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 9:08am.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2009 - 2019 The Vette Barn


Support the Barn:
 
Download the Mobile App;
 
Follow us on Facebook:

Become a Stall Owner

 

Apple iOS App        Google Android App

 

Visit our Facebook page