User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-26-2011, 4:39pm   #1
ChasC5
Banned
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $37320
Default Medicare

If you were elected today, would you sign into Law first thing to END Medicare?

YES or NO !

I hope every Prestental Candidate tell everyone up front what they would do. Bottom line no BS.
ChasC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 5:41pm   #2
AC54ME
Barn Stall Owner #66
Activity: 0.6%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4290

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasC5 View Post
If you were elected today, would you sign into Law first thing to END Medicare?

YES or NO !

I hope every Prestental Candidate tell everyone up front what they would do. Bottom line no BS.
NO.

BTW - has anyone advocated that? Who? Link?
AC54ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 6:04pm   #3
Chris Fowler
Barn Stall Owner #6
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17

Thanked 1,484 Times in 828 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $437465

Immediate end? No

Phase out and replace with something sustainable? Absolutely

I agree with Ryan that you cannot change existing benefits for those at or near retirement age. You know Ryan's plan does that right?

I don't know if I agree with Ryan's proposed replacement. It's definitely better than what we currently have, but I don't know if it's "right"
Chris Fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Fowler For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2011, 6:25pm   #4
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 43.5%

Thanked 7,729 Times in 3,439 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Fowler View Post
Immediate end? No

Phase out and replace with something sustainable? Absolutely

I agree with Ryan that you cannot change existing benefits for those at or near retirement age. You know Ryan's plan does that right?

I don't know if I agree with Ryan's proposed replacement. It's definitely better than what we currently have, but I don't know if it's "right"
10000%

It is as close as I have seen to what I think would be a good plan. I would like to see some of the folks in power put the political partisan crap aside, think about the country as a whole for once, and see if they couldn't turn it into something even better.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 6:28pm   #5
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15
Fantasy Football Champ '11,'13,'17

Location: Somewhere between mild insanity and complete psychosis.
Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,241 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1050381

No. I'm ASSUMING you read my paper since you responded to that thread.

Scrap the Affordable Care Act, Scrap Medicaid, use one program -- Medicare -- to cover everyone already under one or the other, as well as the 25 million or so (very generous OVERestimation) Americans who want, do not have coverage, cannot afford coverage, and aren't already qualified under existing programs.

Lift the $100,000 cap on payroll taxes, raise the Medicare portion of the payroll tax 2% each for individuals and employers, END Medicare underpayments which are THE driving force behind skyrocketing costs.

Offset with CUTS to individual income and corporate income tax rates, and then some.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 6:45pm   #6
ChasC5
Banned

Good; I really really really do hope the Republicans stick to their Guns with this all the way to Election Day; I really do.

And I hope the Democrats don't shoot themselves in the foot by saying anything to stop them.

So all that needs to happen is all of us go to the Voting Place and make the Vote for the individual that you support.

BTW; has anyone seen anything in the news this week about the Jobs that were talked about last November? Just checking.

I'll check back next week.
Old 05-26-2011, 6:59pm   #7
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
BTW; has anyone seen anything in the news this week about the Jobs that were talked about last November? Just checking.
I'm guessing that despite the fact that we have a Democrat President and a Democrat Senate, somehow you are trying to use this as an argument against the Republican party... right?

Are you perhaps making reference to the plans that have all been shot down by the Democratic Senate? Are you referencing the latest "jobs and growth plan" that was released today which will also undoubtedly be stopped by the Senate just like the others? What exactly are you trying to give as an argument here?

You seem to use the jobs issue as an argument against Republicans but along the way you completely ignore the fact that they have never had a chance to make good on their plans because each and every one of them has been stopped by the Democratic Senate. Please enlighten me as to how the Republicans are supposed to accomplish anything when nothing can actually get put into action thanks to the Senate.

You do realize how our government works... right?
Old 05-26-2011, 7:03pm   #8
ChasC5
Banned

biggrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
I'm guessing that despite the fact that we have a Democrat President and a Democrat Senate, somehow you are trying to use this as an argument against the Republican party... right?

Are you perhaps making reference to the plans that have all been shot down by the Democratic Senate? Are you referencing the latest "jobs and growth plan" that was released today which will also undoubtedly be stopped by the Senate just like the others? What exactly are you trying to give as an argument here?

You seem to use the jobs issue as an argument against Republicans but along the way you completely ignore the fact that they have never had a chance to make good on their plans because each and every one of them has been stopped by the Democratic Senate. Please enlighten me as to how the Republicans are supposed to accomplish anything when nothing can actually get put into action thanks to the Senate.

I'm just the only one on this forum who remembers the Threads and Post on this Forum from last years November Election.

I know you're hoping everyone would forget.
Old 05-26-2011, 7:11pm   #9
Chris Fowler
Barn Stall Owner #6
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17

Thanked 1,484 Times in 828 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $437465

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post

No...he just simply continues to make the claim, without ever following up when challenged, that there were actual tax cuts last Nov/Dec.

Of course, in the process, he completely ignores the fact that Obama actually did promise jobs with his stimulus plan two years ago...and we're actually worse off now.
Chris Fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 7:28pm   #10
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 8.3%

Thanked 11,544 Times in 5,694 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

I would END ALL .gov involvement in MEDI anything....period....Fed/State/Local.....

then I would make doctors, hospitals, pill companies immune from lawsuits except under the VERY egregious circumstances....they have to prove intended MALICE......error of COmission not just error of Omission.....

then my 5500 buck ER visit about 1.5 years ago for FOUR hours would have been 500 bux......

talk about OVER charging, that's IT!!!!

and all the liber cox suckers can go to hell.....

how about THEM apples!!!!

Thomas Edison

All products should say "Do not use if your stupid".....

I love how Progressives want to have Darwinism taught in schools but denied as a reality in life.
mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 9:41pm   #11
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $13154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Fowler View Post
No...he just simply continues to make the claim, without ever following up when challenged, that there were actual tax cuts last Nov/Dec.

Of course, in the process, he completely ignores the fact that Obama actually did promise jobs with his stimulus plan two years ago...and we're actually worse off now.
Pass the stimulus and unemployement will not go over 8%, he has to now rerun on his record and it is not good on may fronts other than to the 47% who pay no Federal Income Tax

Chas, what is your position on this

Last edited by Peter Pan; 05-26-2011 at 9:51pm.
Peter Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:04pm   #12
ChasC5
Banned

biggrin

Old 05-26-2011, 10:10pm   #13
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Quote:

Again off the topic, what side are you on with your quesiton
Old 05-26-2011, 10:13pm   #14
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pan View Post
Again off the topic, what side are you on with your quesiton
My position has always been to make the Baby better, not throw it out with the Bathwater.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:18pm   #15
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Quote:
My position has always been to make the Baby better, not throw it out with the Bathwater.
Still not an answer, I know you like govt control, more taxes will work for all as the govt knows what I need better than I do
Old 05-26-2011, 11:35pm   #16
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
I'm just the only one on this forum who remembers the Threads and Post on this Forum from last years November Election.

I know you're hoping everyone would forget.
Forget what?

Please enlighten me as to what exactly you are talking about.

You constantly bash Republicans for not creating jobs yet seem to be completely oblivious to the fact that it is the Democrat controlled Senate that won't let a single proposal through. Again I'll ask... you do know how our government works, right? Judging by many of your posts it seems like you don't have a clue. Either that or you are just so blinded by your political party bias that you are incapable of looking at the big picture.

I know you like to blame Republicans for everything. We have already established this but how exactly are you blaming the House Republicans when everything they propose gets shot down by the Democratic Senate? How can you possibly spin this in your head so that it is the fault of the Republicans when the Dems still have the majority control of our government? It is a simple question... but I'm not holding my breath that you will actually give some sort of intelligent answer.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:15am   #17
RetiredSFC 97
Barn Stall Owner #63
Activity: 2.8%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $32270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
No. I'm ASSUMING you read my paper since you responded to that thread.

Scrap the Affordable Care Act, Scrap Medicaid, use one program -- Medicare -- to cover everyone already under one or the other, as well as the 25 million or so (very generous OVERestimation) Americans who want, do not have coverage, cannot afford coverage, and aren't already qualified under existing programs.

Lift the $100,000 cap on payroll taxes, raise the Medicare portion of the payroll tax 2% each for individuals and employers, END Medicare underpayments which are THE driving force behind skyrocketing costs.

Offset with CUTS to individual income and corporate income tax rates, and then some.
People don't understand a lot of the high costs are the result of underpayments. They raise the price so they can make up for it in other places. That created the need for contracts between providers and In carriers, and on and on and on.

But that's not the total reason for high prices either. A little more to it than that.

I would not end Medicare. I don't have a plan but I would damn sure find one that made sense using experts in the field.
RetiredSFC 97 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RetiredSFC 97 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2011, 2:06pm   #18
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97 View Post
People don't understand a lot of the high costs are the result of underpayments. They raise the price so they can make up for it in other places. That created the need for contracts between providers and In carriers, and on and on and on.

But that's not the total reason for high prices either. A little more to it than that.

I would not end Medicare. I don't have a plan but I would damn sure find one that made sense using experts in the field.
And what are the Expets saying in you end Medicare the way of the Ryan plan?
Old 05-28-2011, 2:37pm   #19
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 8.3%

Thanked 11,544 Times in 5,694 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97 View Post

Enough with the phony EXPERTS, and lawyer driven bullshit....

that's what is in charge NOW, and look at the steaming pile of crap....just use common friggin' SENSE for a change, look around, somehow on TV it's always Dewey Cheatem and HOWe advertising how great they are at screwing some company and begging for clients...that sort of shit gotta stop....it USED to be considered unethical for lawyers and doctors to addy on typical commercial venues....but now it's killing us....

another thing, class action suits need be outlawed.....

you want to FIX healthcare, that's what you DO, all else is bullshit....

Thomas Edison

All products should say "Do not use if your stupid".....

I love how Progressives want to have Darwinism taught in schools but denied as a reality in life.
mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 3:58pm   #20
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
Enough with the phony EXPERTS, and lawyer driven bullshit....

that's what is in charge NOW, and look at the steaming pile of crap....just use common friggin' SENSE for a change, look around, somehow on TV it's always Dewey Cheatem and HOWe advertising how great they are at screwing some company and begging for clients...that sort of shit gotta stop....it USED to be considered unethical for lawyers and doctors to addy on typical commercial venues....but now it's killing us....

another thing, class action suits need be outlawed.....

you want to FIX healthcare, that's what you DO, all else is bullshit....

In case you've been asleep for a while, this HC System has been around for more than 2 years.

Ranting and Raving resolve nothing.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion