Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Corvette Events/Regional Discussion > Southeast Regional Events/Discussion

Southeast Regional Events/Discussion Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | South Carolina | Tennessee

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2012, 3:09am   #1
BarryBum
Vette Barn nOOb
Activity: 1.1%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $650
Default Upcoming Corvette Weekend, Saluda NC. April 28

April 28/29 Saluda NC. The Rutherford County Corvettes Facebook Group is planning a weekend getaway. This event will start at Wal Mart in Spindale NC at 9am on Saturday morning, April 28. We will cruise up thru Chimney Rock/Lake Lure area back through the mountains and eventually end up in historic Saluda NC around noon. The town of Saluda is welcoming us and they are letting us "take over" their town for this event. There are several vintage stores and upscale restaraunts in town for us to have lunch and kill some time. We will display our cars in the pavillion until 5pm, then we will caravan over to Saluda Mountain Lodge where a BBQ dinner will be catered to us. The Saluda Mountain Lodge has a beautiful courtyard with amazing views of the NC mountain range. The courtyard features a fire pit and waterfall. After dinner at the lodge, music will be provided along with lots of bench racing stories to be shared. Special room rates are $69-$79 for Saturday night. Sunday morning there will be a benefit breakfast buffet provided for us back in town before we break up and go our seperate ways. BBQ dinner and breakfast charges are not included in room rates.
All are welcome to join us for this event, you don't have to be a member of the facebook group. Please contact Saluda Mountain Lodge direct @ (828) 749-4951 to make reservations for your room on Saturday night. Be sure and let them know your with the Corvette weekend to get the special room rates.
For more information, please inbox me or post your questions below.

Saluda NC - The Saluda Mountain Lodge
BarryBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 4:56am   #2
joecaver
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10901

Mrs joecaver and I plan on driving over and joining up for this. It sounds like a good time.
joecaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 9:20pm   #3
BarryBum
Vette Barn nOOb

Awesome Joe, looking forward to meeting ya. Are you guys going to join us in Forest City NC that Saturday morning at Wal Mart to run with us, then stay overnight?
Old 02-29-2012, 8:46am   #4
joecaver
A Real Barner

Yes. We are talking about taking Friday off and coming up early to enjoy the area some on our own and then joining up with everyone at Walmart.
Old 03-15-2012, 7:10am   #5
BarryBum
Vette Barn nOOb

Joe, we'll meet at Wal Mart in Forest City at 7am and leave shortly after to head out. I spoke with Wendy at Saluda Mt Lodge lastnight, we have half of the lodge reserved with Corvettes. If you are still planning on joining us, you may want to make reservations. I think there is some sort of dog show or something going on that same weekend nearby.
Old 03-20-2012, 9:39am   #6
joecaver
A Real Barner

woo hoo!! The reservation is made and I got the last "king bed" room. We are both excited about the trip. This should be a perfect time of year to do this.
Old 03-22-2012, 6:37am   #7
BarryBum
Vette Barn nOOb

Great Joe!! I'll send you my cell number in a private message so we can get hooked up.
Old 04-29-2012, 8:02pm   #8
khblair
Barn Stall Owner #57

Location: The original point & click interface was a Smith & Wesson
Thanked 1,509 Times in 1,206 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8632322

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecaver View Post
woo hoo!! The reservation is made and I got the last "king bed" room. We are both excited about the trip. This should be a perfect time of year to do this.
Ha! U just thought u did. Was very nice to meet you and your lovely wife . Had a great time

Last edited by khblair; 04-30-2012 at 8:24am.
khblair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 8:32pm   #9
joecaver
A Real Barner

What a great weekend. Thanks Barry for putting this together and for letting us come along. It so nice to meet so many good folks in one place. It was such a surprise to find that the one and only KHBlair was there, Kim it was a joy. Brian I hope you had a good, safe trip home. If any of you find your way to GA let us know we would be happy to meet up and see you all again.
Old 04-30-2012, 8:26am   #10
khblair
Barn Stall Owner #57

Location: The original point & click interface was a Smith & Wesson
Thanked 1,509 Times in 1,206 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8632322

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecaver View Post
What a great weekend. Thanks Barry for putting this together and for letting us come along. It so nice to meet so many good folks in one place. It was such a surprise to find that the one and only KHBlair was there, Kim it was a joy. Brian I hope you had a good, safe trip home. If any of you find your way to GA let us know we would be happy to meet up and see you all again.
thanks Joe . Brian made it home safely. no luck with the gold mining but it was still fun
khblair is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Corvette Events/Regional Discussion > Southeast Regional Events/Discussion