Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-14-2015, 2:40pm   #121
Kerrmudgeon
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 18,411 Times in 8,713 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4614507

There's going to be a pile of weapons sold to the public of Paris in the near future.....legal or not.
Kerrmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kerrmudgeon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2015, 2:43pm   #122
stingraymyway
A Real Barner
Activity: 2.2%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $424870

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
One heavily armed man could have.
It's France for God sakes.

It can happen anywhere.
Once again. Gun Free Zones = Helpless Targets.
Old 11-14-2015, 2:44pm   #123
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16,'20
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0%

Thanked 10,607 Times in 6,383 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3043611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrmudgeon View Post
There's going to be a pile of weapons sold to the public of Paris in the near future.....legal or not.
Thing is, we all would be under armed.
My dinky 8 shot 9mm would have been no match for what went down at that concert. Even though I carry an extra mag, giving me a 15 shot max capacity, I'd really have to be close to get off quality shots, and in that situation, you better be damned accurate between their mag changes.

However, if 15 or 20 guys were packing, it would be war on...
But no.... Gun free zone killing field.
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff '79 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2015, 2:50pm   #124
ApexOversteer
A Real Barner

Thanked 7,684 Times in 3,615 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $975924

The first step is to secretly declare war, but pretend we're all cool. Second step is to enact martial law. Then, and only then, can special powers be granted, allowing us to side-step the Constitution and discriminate on the basis of religion and/or ethnicity.

Now, we can't kick them out unless we find them. So, we set up the hotlines, where concerned citizens can alert authorities who the muslims are, and where they are hiding.

Then, we simply submit to document checkpoints, and police searches of any and all homes without warrants, can't give them time to run after all. In fact, we would have to set up a totally new police, tasked with only one job, finding the muslims.

Of course, we jail any non-muslims that aid and abet muslims trying to hide, or escape, most easily in the same "staging camps" we're using for pre-deportment muslims.

Can't let them organize or communicate, so we'd have to destroy all Korans, any muslim literature, propaganda or anything else that can be construed as sympathetic to muslims, Aladdin and 1001 Arabian Nights for example. Can't be letting our children be swayed and radicalized. We'd also have to make unauthorized gatherings illegal.

On the flip-side of that we real Americans would need to organize, so we'd have to create a say a National American Citizens Party and get everyone to join, so we can quickly communicate ideas and be educated in how best to complete cleansing our country of the muslim threat.

Once we have them identified, cataloged, registered, appropriately interrogated for intelligence on other muslims, we can deport them.

Which will be expensive. Very, very expensive. So up go the taxes, just to pay for the fuel to take them where it is we're sending them.

But, we'd have a solution to the muslim problem.
ApexOversteer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ApexOversteer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2015, 3:03pm   #125
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,462 Times in 17,249 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexOversteer View Post
The first step is to secretly declare war, but pretend we're all cool. Second step is to enact martial law. Then, and only then, can special powers be granted, allowing us to side-step the Constitution and discriminate on the basis of religion and/or ethnicity.

Now, we can't kick them out unless we find them. So, we set up the hotlines, where concerned citizens can alert authorities who the muslims are, and where they are hiding.

Then, we simply submit to document checkpoints, and police searches of any and all homes without warrants, can't give them time to run after all. In fact, we would have to set up a totally new police, tasked with only one job, finding the muslims.

Of course, we jail any non-muslims that aid and abet muslims trying to hide, or escape, most easily in the same "staging camps" we're using for pre-deportment muslims.

Can't let them organize or communicate, so we'd have to destroy all Korans, any muslim literature, propaganda or anything else that can be construed as sympathetic to muslims, Aladdin and 1001 Arabian Nights for example. Can't be letting our children be swayed and radicalized. We'd also have to make unauthorized gatherings illegal.

On the flip-side of that we real Americans would need to organize, so we'd have to create a say a National American Citizens Party and get everyone to join, so we can quickly communicate ideas and be educated in how best to complete cleansing our country of the muslim threat.

Once we have them identified, cataloged, registered, appropriately interrogated for intelligence on other muslims, we can deport them.

Which will be expensive. Very, very expensive. So up go the taxes, just to pay for the fuel to take them where it is we're sending them.

Fascism: When the cure is worse than the problem.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 3:04pm   #126
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16,'20
Bantayan Kids '13

Thanked 10,607 Times in 6,383 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3043611

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
Fascism: When the cure is worse than the problem.
I didn't want to say anything, but ya.... That
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 3:06pm   #127
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner
Activity: 28.6%

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.
Thanked 8,051 Times in 3,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1317070

Quote:

Yea, yea.....ohhhhh, sarcasm.
boracayjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 4:01pm   #128
VITE1
Barn Stall Owner #69
Bantayan Kids '14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 4.3%

Thanked 12,540 Times in 5,854 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1084134

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
Australia didn't have problems with them prior to 1948. As to the rest, I ask you....which continents are they on? Geography. Prior to 1948, with the notable exception of the Barbary pirate episode, the Americas didn't have the Muslim problem. In fact, Central and South America don't have the Muslim problem. Greenland doesn't have the Muslim problem. If those countries allow unchecked Muslim immigration, they WILL have those problems. If they get involved with the Middle East, they WILL have those problems, but as it stands now, they have the advantage of geography, just as we did, until we got involved over there.

France made three mistakes: they colonized Muslim areas, they allowed unchecked Muslim immigration from those areas, and they got involved in the Middle East.
Ottoman empire and the Muslim takeover of the Iberian peninsula.

Islam is about conquest and subjugation. Either we submit, die, kill them or force them to reform.

I go with start slaughtering them until they either reform of disappear.
VITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 4:18pm   #129
ApexOversteer
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by boracayjohnny View Post
Yea, yea.....ohhhhh, sarcasm.
Totally serious. They'll push until our lawmakers justify every bit of what I wrote, and more. It's only completely batshit, until it isn't.

Look at what the Libtards are doing on the college campuses... how far away from fascism is THAT? Not far, and these are the TOLERANT HIPPY PINKOS!

If they can justify their behavior against people wearing Halloween costumes, imagine what they could justify after the next big attack happens here.

First it will unify the country. A common enemy that continues to harass and embarrass us. Then we elect a charismatic leader "with the balls to do it", then we tell congress to give that leader the power to "do it"...

It's not a slippery slope, it's a vertical drop off the side of rational thought, and it's completely possible.

Because we're terrified of them, scared absolutely shitless.
Old 11-14-2015, 4:35pm   #130
Shrike6
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Bantayan Kids '13

Thanked 1,731 Times in 902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $619461

See, that's the kind of thinking that stifles the kind of all out will that won WW2. Since then, nothing has gone as well for us. Why, inaction and hesitancy because we are afraid to do what is necessary. Was this country "Facist" during and after WW2? No. Some things that would ordinarily be out of bounds had to be done to WIN. Afterwards, things went back to normal. We have seen nothing like the will to win in WW2 since. We don't have to do all the things you dreamed up, but we do have to do some of them. That is, if we want to end this Islamic war on us.
Shrike6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shrike6 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2015, 4:45pm   #131
69camfrk
Barn Stall Owner #6969
NCM Supporter '11, '12,'17,'20
Activity: 4.0%

Thanked 11,501 Times in 5,025 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1071547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike6 View Post
See, that's the kind of thinking that stifles the kind of all out will that won WW2. Since then, nothing has gone as well for us. Why, inaction and hesitancy because we are afraid to do what is necessary. Was this country "Facist" during and after WW2? No. Some things that would ordinarily be out of bounds had to be done to WIN. Afterwards, things went back to normal. We have seen nothing like the will to win in WW2 since. We don't have to do all the things you dreamed up, but we do have to do some of them. That is, if we want to end this Islamic war on us.
They are going to be eliminated, or we are going to be eliminated/taken over a piece at a time. You can't deal rationally with an irrational enemy. Anyone that is willing to blow themselves up just to kill you is someone that cannot be reasoned with. I was reading that the arab world has reacted against these people. BULLSHIT!! Under their bonnets, they are laughing like hell, because their money is supporting it. 9/11=Saudi Arabia, and they are our friends???? Like hell they are. They are just as much the vermin as the rest of them. And even better, we let the rich ones come here, rape, pillage, etc. and get away with it. On occasion, there are people that need to be erased from the planet. It's time we give them what they want.....
69camfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 4:48pm   #132
ApexOversteer
A Real Barner

Quote:
I completely agree we need to do something, and removing the threat from our homeland is preferable, I'm just being realistic about what that would require from us, and what the mob mentality, the "us vs them" mentality, would allow to happen. Perhaps we don't have to do everything I wrote, but we will. It is human nature to go too far. We always do.

In this very thread we have a perfectly rational, compassionate, caring person advocating essentially the same thing as requiring Jews wear a yellow Star Of David, so as to be quickly identifiable. I think that person was serious when they wrote that post. It's a good idea. Know thy enemy.

I believe we have to come to terms with this. We're going to have to become something terrible if we choose this solution. There is no other way. We either lose what we claim to be as a nation, or we let them win. We can justify the former, but not the latter.
The Following User Says Thank You to ApexOversteer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2015, 4:54pm   #133
Shrike6
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Bantayan Kids '13

Islam is an existential threat to western values and western countries. Us or them.
No Imam has issued a fatwa against islamic radicals, none of the " moderate" moslems is waging jihad against them. Their protestations of their wish for peace are phony and hollow.
No middle east state has taken up arms to put this menace down.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shrike6 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2015, 5:22pm   #134
ApexOversteer
A Real Barner

Quote:
Islam is an existential threat to western values and western countries. Us or them.
No Imam has issued a fatwa against islamic radicals, none of the " moderate" moslems is waging jihad against them. Their protestations of their wish for peace are phony and hollow.
No middle east state has taken up arms to put this menace down.
All true and it validates my point.

You asked earlier if the US was fascist during and after WWII. We actually were. We arrested, and incarcerated innocent American citizens because they were of Japanese descent and we feared them. Walt Disney Studios made horrifically racist propaganda films meant to scare the nation into action.

In the 50's we hunted The Red Menace here at home, persecuted and prosecuted innocent people, because we were frightened by them and their way of life.

For 100 years half this country segregated a huge segment of the population through Jim Crow laws, because deep down they feared them.

We will justify ANYTHING if we're scared badly enough, and right now we are absolutely terrified of Islam.

I'm right there with everyone else. We have to do something. They cannot be allowed to continue, and if I have to sacrifice my morals and values to do it, so be it. You have to get dirty to clean up a mess.

What I won't do is lie to myself about what exactly it is we would be doing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ApexOversteer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2015, 5:22pm   #135
BADRACR1
Barn Stall Owner #5150
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 4.7%

Thanked 3,979 Times in 1,507 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2000032332

I, for one, am tired of this shit. I carry full time with the exception of work. God forbid I end up in one of these situations but if I do I will do my best to take a couple of these sonofabitches with me.
When the shootings happened here in Chattanooga a few months ago it was only a few miles from where I work and live. There were many people I discussed the event with who said if they were in the parking lot of the first location they would likely have not interfered or couldn't have because they do not travel armed. I swear that if I had been there when that pos stopped to reload before driving off I would have tried my best to end it there. I carry four mags and would have used them all if need be.
We as Americans need to pull our heads out of our collective asses. Why have we become so afraid of hurting some assholes' feelings that we are allowing our once great country to go down the toilet?
I am proud to say I did not vote for the MIO (muslim in office) either time and tried my best to tell everyone I knew it was a mistake to put him in office. Nothing good would come of it but as usual the ignorant libtards couldn't see it and still refuse to.
You can call me racist if you want but I firmly believe we need to close the borders to everyone for a while and sort out the mess we have here now.
All Muslims might not be terrorists but it sure seem most all of the terrorists are Muslim.
These animals have been at war through all recorded history. It is what they want. It is their religion.
It's time to do the world a favor and glass 'em.
BADRACR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 5:45pm   #136
Shrike6
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
All true and it validates my point.

You asked earlier if the US was fascist during and after WWII. We actually were. We arrested, and incarcerated innocent American citizens because they were of Japanese descent and we feared them. Walt Disney Studios made horrifically racist propaganda films meant to scare the nation into action.

In the 50's we hunted The Red Menace here at home, persecuted and prosecuted innocent people, because we were frightened by them and their way of life.

For 100 years half this country segregated a huge segment of the population through Jim Crow laws, because deep down they feared them.

We will justify ANYTHING if we're scared badly enough, and right now we are absolutely terrified of Islam.

I'm right there with everyone else. We have to do something. They cannot be allowed to continue, and if I have to sacrifice my morals and values to do it, so be it. You have to get dirty to clean up a mess.

What I won't do is lie to myself about what exactly it is we would be doing.
You begin to sound more reasonable
Except, we were not facist during and after WW2.
That old whinge about incarcerating the Japanese-Americans during WW2 ignores what would have happened to those people out in society. Answer, they would have been slaughtered by families of the soldiers KIA, or in Japanese POW camps. Also, every one of them would have been suspected of being spies or infiltrators. No sir, they would have suffered much worse.
Racist propaganda? Really? Ever seen propaganda that wasn't?
Red menace? Reality. We had many individuals and groups working away to destroy America and supporting and spying for the USSR. Historical fact, man.
Not just Hollywood, either. We allowed the communist party to exist, but they were watched.
Jim Crow? Yep. No argument from me there. This country had to fight it's way out of it's racist past.
As you agree, all of this is inconsequential compared to losing our country completely to Islam.
I will leave you with only one quote that sums it up for me. "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice"
Old 11-14-2015, 5:59pm   #137
Rob
Administrator
Barn Stall Owner #14
Barn Raising II,III Chef

NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'20
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Ukranian Famers are the modern day Chuck Norris
Activity: 1.4%

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,475 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17601606

I love the open thought in this thread. Some great points being made here.
Old 11-14-2015, 6:03pm   #138
MrPeabody
A Real Barner

Thanked 12,309 Times in 5,942 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590

Just wait until the liquor kicks in later tonight.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrPeabody For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2015, 6:16pm   #139
Mike Mercury
Chief Meat Gazer
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #98
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Activity: 19.1%

Thanked 33,870 Times in 12,342 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5135124

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADRACR1 View Post
I did not vote for the MIO (muslim in office) either time and tried my best to tell everyone I knew it was a mistake to put him in office.
you're not the only one.

I even mentioned this to the cult; yep... registered Democrats that vote a straight ticket (because they are in a cult, and this is what they fooled into doing).
Mike Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike Mercury For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2015, 6:17pm   #140
Shrike6
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Bantayan Kids '13

I have not yet begun to drink!

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic