Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $13154
Default 68% Believe U.S. Economy in Recession

68% Believe U.S. Economy in Recession

Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Rasmussen Consumer Index, which measures the economic confidence of consumers on a daily basis, slipped another half point today to 77.0. That’s up two points from a week ago, but down six from a month ago and down 16 from the highest mark of 2011.

Sixty-eight percent (68%) of Americans believe the U.S. economy is in a recession.

After rising steadily from the summer of 2010 to reach a two-year high in January, 2011, consumer confidence began to slip in February. So far in March, every single daily reading of the Consumer Index has been lower than the February average.

After falling five points on Friday, the Rasmussen Investor Index gained four points today. At 88.6, investor confidence is 17 points below the high-water mark for 2011. Still, 58% of investors say that their investment portfolio is worth more today than it was a year ago.

The housing market continues to struggle. Just 19% of homeowners believe the value of their home will increase over the next year. Thirty percent (30%) expect their home value to decline. Pessimism is growing about the longer-term outlook as well. Fewer than half of all homeowners believe their home value will improve over the next five years.

Sixty percent (60%) of Americans believe that recent events in Japan will have a negative impact on the U.S. economy.

Detailed supplemental information, including the month-by-month trend data, is available for Platinum Members.

(Want a free daily e-mail update ? If it's in the news, it's in our polls). Rasmussen Reports updates are also available on Twitter or Facebook.

The Rasmussen Consumer Index and Investor Indexes are derived from nightly telephone surveys of 500 adults and reported on a three-day rolling average basis. The baseline for the Index was established at 100.0 in October 2001. Readings above 100.0 indicate that confidence is higher than in the baseline month. Detailed supplemental information is available for Platinum Members. Historical data for the Consumer and Investor indexes as well as attitudes about the economy and personal finances are also available to Platinum Members.

Great news to have will in Rio on vacation and a new war to fight, a issue in Japan all is peachy
Peter Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 8:38pm   #2
Exotix
Banned

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $0

Post the seafive Rasmussen graph please ...
Exotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 8:40pm   #3
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotix View Post
Post the seafive Rasmussen graph please ...
Again diversion, do not frequent this section on the other forum, go pound sand and find your own graphs and you do not like the numbers?
Old 03-19-2011, 8:41pm   #4
Exotix
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pan View Post
Again diversion, do not frequent this section on the other forum, go pound sand and find your own graphs
Seriously, seafive pays Rasmussen to get the graphs ... you have pay to be a platinum member to get it ...
Old 03-19-2011, 8:44pm   #5
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Quote:
Seriously, seafive pays Rasmussen to get the graphs ... you have pay to be a platinum member to get it ...
I do not need them, Mr Expert on Diversion, the facts are out there in print I do not need pictures, you can become a platinum member so you can post them
Old 03-19-2011, 8:46pm   #6
Exotix
Banned

Quote:
I do not need them, Mr Expert on Diversion, the facts are out there in print I do not need pictures, you can become a platinum member so you can post them
Ask your buddy seafive for the graph then ... he'll probably charge you since he's a freak'n miser ...

Old 03-19-2011, 8:47pm   #7
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626

and what's the % that believe Obammy is a Mooslim? or how many believe we didn't walk on the moon?
Z06PDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Z06PDQ For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2011, 8:54pm   #8
MrPeabody
A Real Barner

Thanked 12,309 Times in 5,942 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06PDQ View Post
and what's the % that believe Obammy is a Mooslim? or how many believe we didn't walk on the moon?
And what's the percentage that believe we should raise taxes on the wealthiest people?

We don't run the country based on polls that can be manipulated to make them say whatever you want them to say.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrPeabody For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2011, 8:58pm   #9
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Quote:
Ask your buddy seafive for the graph then ... he'll probably charge you since he's a freak'n miser ...

Do not know him, but you seem to so pound some sand and post away, numbers are fine for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06PDQ View Post
I do not know but you must so post up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeabody View Post
And what's the percentage that believe we should raise taxes on the wealthiest people?

We don't run the country based on polls that can be manipulated to make them say whatever you want them to say.
You must have the numbers so post them up on raising taxes and seems Americans are worried at the moment about the nations economy in quite a few numbers
Old 03-19-2011, 9:01pm   #10
MrPeabody
A Real Barner

Quote:
Do not know him, but you seem to so pound some sand and post away, numbers are fine for me.

I do not know but you must so post up

You must have the numbers so post them up on raising taxes and seems Americans are worried at the moment about the nations economy in quite a few numbers
Suddenly Mr. Poll has no numbers. Thought so. Keep dancing.
Old 03-19-2011, 9:10pm   #11
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Quote:
Suddenly Mr. Poll has no numbers. Thought so. Keep dancing.
You libs are all masters of diversion
Old 03-19-2011, 9:19pm   #12
MrPeabody
A Real Barner

Quote:
I'm not a liberal. Your labels mean nothing here. I think abortion is murder and i think i have the right to own a stealth bomber with armed nuclear weapons on board. That sound liberal enough for you?

I was a registered republican from 1971 to 1996. I belong to no political party, and drink no cable news kool-aid.

The last main stream presidential candidate I voted for was Gerald Ford.

Back to the thread subject - ask those people in the poll ypu quoted what the definition of recession is. I guarantee the percentage with the correct answer will be in the single digit range. Asking the general public about economics is about as useful as asking welders about brain surgery.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrPeabody For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2011, 9:20pm   #13
MrPeabody
A Real Barner

Quote:
Oh, and by the way, I see you've still got no numbers. You were asked several questions and won't answer. You are the diversion master.
Old 03-19-2011, 9:23pm   #14
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Quote:
Oh, and by the way, I see you've still got no numbers. You were asked several questions and won't answer. You are the diversion master.
I posted the numbers, no diversion there, they wanted graphs from seafive, I do not know who he is and I do not post in this section on the other forum.

You post like a lib and call them how I seem them, mostly libs on this board, seems most of the ones from the other forum come in here rarely
Old 03-19-2011, 9:30pm   #15
MrPeabody
A Real Barner

Quote:
I posted the numbers, no diversion there, they wanted graphs from seafive, I do not know who he is and I do not post in this section on the other forum.

You post like a lib and call them how I seem them, mostly libs on this board, seems most of the ones from the other forum come in here rarely
Your definition of a liberal is someone who does not agree with you and Fox news 100% of the time. Most people in this country don't pick left or right sides. They are centrists and their views often go towards the left or right depending on the issue at hand. The extremists on the left and right are sheep who follow a doctrine instead of having the intelligence to educate themselves with an open mind and weigh in on each issue with a well informed opinion. You and I will agree on some things, and won't agree on others.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:00pm   #16
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Quote:
Your definition of a liberal is someone who does not agree with you and Fox news 100% of the time. Most people in this country don't pick left or right sides. They are centrists and their views often go towards the left or right depending on the issue at hand. The extremists on the left and right are sheep who follow a doctrine instead of having the intelligence to educate themselves with an open mind and weigh in on each issue with a well informed opinion. You and I will agree on some things, and won't agree on others.
I can live with that and I watch more than just the news channel you post about and I also get the local lib newspaper daily to be able to read the lib side and any other news channel than the one you posted about to get the lib side. I do that and do not like the direction we are headed, if this board was available when Bush was president, when I joined the other forum as I do not go to this section there you would see that I was not on board with all of Bush (I do live in Texas where he is from).

I can tell you the direction we are going with spending has me worried, we can not tax ourselfs enough to make up for Obama's spending. We got to cut spending and tax the 47% that pay no federal income taxes that are not in poverty
Old 03-19-2011, 10:07pm   #17
ChasC5
Banned

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $37320

Quote:
68% Believe U.S. Economy in Recession

Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Rasmussen Consumer Index, which measures the economic confidence of consumers on a daily basis, slipped another half point today to 77.0. That’s up two points from a week ago, but down six from a month ago and down 16 from the highest mark of 2011.

Sixty-eight percent (68%) of Americans believe the U.S. economy is in a recession.

After rising steadily from the summer of 2010 to reach a two-year high in January, 2011, consumer confidence began to slip in February. So far in March, every single daily reading of the Consumer Index has been lower than the February average.

After falling five points on Friday, the Rasmussen Investor Index gained four points today. At 88.6, investor confidence is 17 points below the high-water mark for 2011. Still, 58% of investors say that their investment portfolio is worth more today than it was a year ago.

The housing market continues to struggle. Just 19% of homeowners believe the value of their home will increase over the next year. Thirty percent (30%) expect their home value to decline. Pessimism is growing about the longer-term outlook as well. Fewer than half of all homeowners believe their home value will improve over the next five years.

Sixty percent (60%) of Americans believe that recent events in Japan will have a negative impact on the U.S. economy.

Detailed supplemental information, including the month-by-month trend data, is available for Platinum Members.

(Want a free daily e-mail update ? If it's in the news, it's in our polls). Rasmussen Reports updates are also available on Twitter or Facebook.

The Rasmussen Consumer Index and Investor Indexes are derived from nightly telephone surveys of 500 adults and reported on a three-day rolling average basis. The baseline for the Index was established at 100.0 in October 2001. Readings above 100.0 indicate that confidence is higher than in the baseline month. Detailed supplemental information is available for Platinum Members. Historical data for the Consumer and Investor indexes as well as attitudes about the economy and personal finances are also available to Platinum Members.

Great news to have will in Rio on vacation and a new war to fight, a issue in Japan all is peachy
These 68% are awakening from a two year sleep.

Everyone I know who owns. Business, big or small, say last year was a record year for them.

I guess they are all liars.
ChasC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:36pm   #18
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasC5 View Post

Everyone I know who owns. Business, big or small, say last year was a record year for them.

If it was a record year the tax receipts to the treasury would show this, why then are the deficts going up if business is that great? You again are a master of diversion with no facts to back up your BS statements of a mighty keyboard
Old 03-19-2011, 10:49pm   #19
ChasC5
Banned

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $37320

Quote:
If it was a record year the tax receipts to the treasury would show this, why then are the deficts going up if business is that great? You again are a master of diversion with no facts to back up your BS statements of a mighty keyboard
Wrong, if it was a record year, my Bank Account shows this.

See the difference?

It's about me, you and the next guy.

Not what Fox News tells you.
ChasC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 4:59am   #20
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 12.6%

Thanked 11,570 Times in 5,706 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasC5 View Post

YOU are full of shit, that goes directly against my wife's experiences as a book keeper for many small businesses here in the Jax Florida region.....

and it's not just real estate either, add that one in and it's a full blown depression, no shit.....dunno where in hell you get your stats from, but it's typical of a liberal to lie like that.....when their man is in office.....

Thomas Edison

All products should say "Do not use if your stupid".....

I love how Progressives want to have Darwinism taught in schools but denied as a reality in life.
mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion