Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Activity: 34.6%

Thanked 10,155 Times in 4,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11380138

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecornerman View Post
Didn't Donald Trump donate to it also when it first started up?
Perhaps. But he's not in the "notable member" club. That takes a certain type of donation. And the chance of Matt Lauer ever giving a penny to Trump's charity (which by the way gives essentially 100% of the proceeds to charity while the Clinton Foundation spent more on travel in 2013 than they did to charity, a paltry 12% or so) is exactly zero. Because, well, you can't really expect to get any Play for Pay with that donation.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2016, 9:45pm   #102
Admiral Blue
Barn Stall Owner #-1
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 1,043 Times in 484 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1311037

It would be much, much better to just keep letting illegals and criminals in, this way we can provide them with healthcare, SS/SS disability benefits and other freebies.
Admiral Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 9:49pm   #103
Mike Mercury
Chief Meat Gazer
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #98
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Activity: 19.1%

Thanked 33,870 Times in 12,342 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5135124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waco View Post
Do you honestly think that will do anything except waste an insane amount of money?
I don't know where this concern comes from. The Republican nominee is a life long business owner; and strives to be non-wasteful... so as to continue a successful life as a business owner.

Nothing of this candidates past shows the behavior you seem to fear.

Unless your opinion is that a wall itself wasteful; but that's not the topic at hand; but whether Trump will uphold his campaign promises.
Mike Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Mercury For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2016, 10:00pm   #104
polarbear
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,184 Times in 568 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1013348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
Here's something for you to chew on. What would you say are the number of people who attended a Trump rally in the last year and the number that attended a Hillary rally? It has to be at least 10 to 1 in favor or Trump. I'd go so far as to say 50 to 1, but let's just say it's 10 to 1.

Look at this latest Fox News poll.

2% of the Trump supporters polled said they attended a Trump rally. 5% of the Hillary supporters polled said they attended a Hillary rally.

This is statistically impossible unless you are very much trying to sample in order to vastly undersample Trump supporters or likely Trump voters. This isn't something that can just happen by chance. This takes effort.
I'm getting suspicious of polls. Here's a random observation- in my area, I've seen just about zero Hillary or Trump bumper stickers. Old Obama stickers are a dime a dozen.

But I have seen quite a few of these.

I wonder how many voters will actually pick Trump... or vote against Hillary... without being vocal about it until it actually happens?
polarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:00pm   #105
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Wow. Engineering. $16 billion. Reality.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:45pm   #106
Mike Mercury
Chief Meat Gazer
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #98
Barn Raising II,III,IV

For every 100' built... it frees up some resources needed to patrol areas that have yet to get wall. I don't' forsee the need to erect a total bordervwall.

Some are posting a lot of Republican runners negatives. I can imagine then you having a mega negative list for the democrat nominee... more like a multi-volume set!
Old 09-01-2016, 11:03pm   #107
Mike Mercury
Chief Meat Gazer
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #98
Barn Raising II,III,IV

Quote:

I worry just as much about what Hillary will do.
Old 09-02-2016, 7:44am   #108
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Quote:
Do you honestly think that will do anything except waste an insane amount of money?
Absolutely it would. Ask anybody who actually lives near the border. Sheez.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2016, 7:52am   #109
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Quote:
Honestly, I don't even care about the wall (beside the fact that I think it's a waste of money and that it will fail). I worry about what stupid shit Trump will do because he sounds like a psychopath.

That's why I'm voting for the only sane candidate.
I don't think you've even thought this through other than a knee-jerk reaction to your built-in bias that Trump is a psychopath (which in itself says a whole lot more about you than it does Trump...)

A border with actual security, with border agents that actually arrest and return anyone that makes it across the border illegally, will of course work. Surveillance systems are quite sophisticated in 2016. Instead of 100,000/month streaming over the border, it can be essentially zero. This isn't really all that hard. Most of the crossings happen over just several hundred miles. Beef the security up there first, and then use drones/night vision to secure the vast desert areas. Tunnels aren't really a factor but can be easily detected with modern technology.

But only a psychopath would think that would work, right? We should just say "Welp, this is our life now. We'll just live with the status quo because doing something would be oh so expensive compared to the $120 billion a year illegals cost taxpayers.
Old 09-02-2016, 9:08am   #110
Fasglas
Barn Stall Owner #457
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 77.6%

Thanked 5,091 Times in 2,389 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10200183

Quote:

Hmmmm... So am I.

BTW: It's NOT Johnson.
Fasglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:25am   #111
thecornerman
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 1.2%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3335

Quote:
Well now I won't vote

Quote:
"Welp, this is our life now. We'll just live with the status quo because doing something would be oh so expensive compared to the $120 billion a year illegals cost taxpayers.
Is it just me or do you seem to stomp your feet and pout when ANYONE doesn't share your view!

Its obvious that you are not a true republican
All you do is make stupid comments about one person
But then don't promote the other

Quote:
Trump's Five Goals

1. End illegal immigration.

2. Secure border as a sovereign right for not just the U.S. but Mexico too. Cooperate to stop drug trafficking and ensure safety.

3. Dismantle drug cartels and transfer of illicit drugs, weapons and cash flow.

4. Improve NAFTA. Update it after 22 long years. Keep industry in the hemisphere rather than foreign competition. Better pay. Work together to improve mutual prosperity.

5. Keep manufacturing wealth in our hemisphere. We don't want jobs going overseas, being outsourced.
5 quotes is not enough!
You need to be more specific on why you made your choice PLEASE!
thecornerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:51am   #112
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecornerman View Post
Is it just me or do you seem to stomp your feet and pout when ANYONE doesn't share your view!

Its obvious that you are not a true republican
All you do is make stupid comments about one person
But then don't promote the other

5 quotes is not enough!
You need to be more specific on why you made your choice PLEASE!
Oh for fvcks sake, you have to be kidding me? I'm not a "true republican", whatever the hell that is. I'm a libertarian-leaning fiscal conservative who doesn't give two shits about the social crusades. I'm also sick and tired of our country being sold down the river by the Uniparty and their Wall Street overlords. Everyone here but you apparently doesn't know that I've been on the Trump Train since Day 1, as has Bill Daniels and Iron Chef. We've been very straightforward as to why we support Trump. And I stand by my claim that not supporting him, at this point, is tantamount to supporting Hillary.

I held my nose and voted for McCain and Romney. This time around I get to vote for a candidate who actually wants to see America win. Yeah, Trump does. Hillary wants to stand up for Wall Street globalists, upon the bodies of those she's killed both figuratively and literally, and she will continue to sell America out to the highest bidder, foreign or domestic, with absolutely no compunction, while the MSM and her liberal voters cheer her on.

I was just trying to point out the ridiculousness of navel-gazing at a "what if only" scenario when the only possible outcome is Hillary or Trump. It's binary. There's no sitting this one out. It's literally Trump wins or it is over for whatever you may hope that a "true republican" would recognize as America. And the way America goes, so goes the rest of the West.

The same "experts" who say Trump can't win said that Jeb! was inevitable until he wasn't, and they said there's no way Britain would vote Brexit, and they said that there's no way other than amnesty for illegals. I want to change that equation, and Trump is the tool we can use to do just that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2016, 10:59am   #113
thecornerman
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 1.2%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3335

Quote:
Oh for fvcks sake, you have to be kidding me? I'm not a "true republican", whatever the hell that is. I'm a libertarian-leaning fiscal conservative who doesn't give two shits about the social crusades. I'm also sick and tired of our country being sold down the river by the Uniparty and their Wall Street overlords. Everyone here but you apparently doesn't know that I've been on the Trump Train since Day 1, as has Bill Daniels and Iron Chef. We've been very straightforward as to why we support Trump. And I stand by my claim that not supporting him, at this point, is tantamount to supporting Hillary.

I held my nose and voted for McCain and Romney. This time around I get to vote for a candidate who actually wants to see America win. Yeah, Trump does. Hillary wants to stand up for Wall Street globalists, upon the bodies of those she's killed both figuratively and literally, and she will continue to sell America out to the highest bidder, foreign or domestic, with absolutely no compunction, while the MSM and her liberal voters cheer her on.

I was just trying to point out the ridiculousness of navel-gazing at a "what if only" scenario when the only possible outcome is Hillary or Trump. It's binary. There's no sitting this one out. It's literally Trump wins or it is over for whatever you may hope that a "true republican" would recognize as America. And the way America goes, so goes the rest of the West.

The same "experts" who say Trump can't win said that Jeb! was inevitable until he wasn't, and they said there's no way Britain would vote Brexit, and they said that there's no way other than amnesty for illegals. I want to change that equation, and Trump is the tool we can use to do just that.
That's what I'm talking about!

I am willing to bet that when he wins enough people of importance will join his cabinet to ensure the safety of our future

And theirs!
thecornerman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thecornerman For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2016, 7:06am   #114
78SA
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 3,201 Times in 2,015 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3632152

Does this link to a video show up for anyone? I can't see the link in my post.
78SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:04am   #115
GEODON
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 34.1%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $14234

Quote:
Honestly, I don't even care about the wall (beside the fact that I think it's a waste of money and that it will fail). I worry about what stupid shit Trump will do because he sounds like a psychopath.

I watched his yt videos doing interviews from the 80s to today for 3 hours to get a better understanding of the man behind the man. I dont know the medical word but I can see his body resort to his 8yr old self when he gets called out which he did in the debates. His body tightens his face changes and thats when I see tthe ego coming out. He has a huge ego and I think he classifies people into 2 catagories either your in or your out. The ones who like him I do think he will do say anything whih makes me think he truely deep down is a decent person amd the ones who are out well fk em to the hardest degree.

hope he wins
GEODON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 3:34pm   #116
Mike Mercury
Chief Meat Gazer
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #98
Barn Raising II,III,IV

some of you are falling for an old Jedi mind trick: talk badly about the other candidate when there's nothing good to say about

Don't get snookered in.

When someone says Trump is a hothead... chuckle, and then ask why we're wasting time talikng about him... with Hillary being twice the hothead as Trump is. And if.she gets into office... we'll learn the hard way that we should of concentrated on her defeat.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Mercury For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2016, 4:13pm   #117
Mike Mercury
Chief Meat Gazer
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #98
Barn Raising II,III,IV

Quote:
I don't think anyone is doing that here in this thread, however, you'll note there are a lot of threads attacking Hillary, very few attacking Trump.

I don't like either of them in the slightest, and it pains me that everyone is falling into the two party trap. I hope eyes will be opened if we can get Johnson into the debates!
Lately you have been honest about your dislike for both, thats a positive.

But this 2 party trap thing... Isnt a trap. History shows stark reality of third party candidates. Reality will triumph over any wishful thinking.
Old 09-03-2016, 5:49pm   #118
WalkerInTN
Barn Stall Owner #70
Activity: 98.9%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $307131

The obvious choice.
Attached Thumbnails
Rick_astley_2.jpg  

WalkerInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WalkerInTN For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2016, 8:00pm   #119
Mike Mercury
Chief Meat Gazer
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #98
Barn Raising II,III,IV

Quote:
Yes, yes it is. The only thing keeping the two party system alive is manipulation and this thought process.
I dont see it like that. At the beginnings of an election process I mever hav limited myself to the "2 party system".

But it may migrate to this though...based on what's going on during a particular moment. And this election there is an effort afoot to keep one of the candidates from winning... that's the mindset. When people concentrare on stopping someone... the thrust is to support who is more likely to reach that goal.

I will give you $100 for every electoral college vote GJ gets... if you will give me $5 for every one he doesn't.

I'm not anti 3,4,5... party; myself would like GJ to win.

On a side note, wanna take a stab at predicting the future?
Old 09-03-2016, 8:16pm   #120
VatorMan
Barn Stall Owner #122
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'17
Activity: 5.0%

Thanked 8,408 Times in 4,256 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1158963

Once again, you think things will move quickly after an election. It won't. Trump could sign 100 Presidential orders. It takes motivated .Gov employees to make it happen. It ain't happening.

If I could could talk to Trump about the .Gov, it would be 1. Take the FAR and burn it. 2. Consider the .Gov immune from labor unions. 3. Change the performance scale from 1 year to 3 months. Putting an employee on a performance improvement plan is one thing. Lasting a year is assinine.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion