Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-09-2011, 9:05pm   #101
ChasC5
Banned
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $37320

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Will_ View Post
Military analogies have always been and will continue to be used in sports, business, and POLITICS.

Obama talking about "bringing a gun" to a knife fight with Republicans, or Sarah Palin's PAC "targeting" candidates to be defeated is fine.

Neither is a call to shooting people.

But the left decided it was (only when Sarah Palin does it of course) not MINUTES after this woman had been shot in the head and others murdered, and ran with the false TEA PARTY RESPONSIBLE narrative yet again, just like with the other instances last year I mentioned above.

It's SICK. Never should have happened.
Please post the Dem websites that target political figures.
ChasC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 9:59pm   #102
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15
Fantasy Football Champ '11,'13,'17

Location: Somewhere between mild insanity and complete psychosis.
Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,241 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1050381

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasC5 View Post
Please post the Dem websites that target political figures.
A mere THREE posts ago. #97. An almost identical map with target symbols created by a leftist PAC, the DLC.

Which is the same thing that was on the Palin PAC site. There are no images depicting the targeting of an actual person. Just target symbols on a map.

Anyway, congratulations on acting like an animal. You're a real class act. I'm sure the families of those killed and injured would be happy to see how you and others like yourself IMMEDIATELY used their suffering for political gain.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Will For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2011, 10:05pm   #103
VITE1
Barn Stall Owner #69
Bantayan Kids '14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 3.6%

Thanked 12,539 Times in 5,854 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1084134

Quote:
A mere THREE posts ago. #97. An almost identical map with target symbols created by a leftist PAC, the DLC.

Which is the same thing that was on the Palin PAC site. There are no images depicting the targeting of an actual person. Just target symbols on a map.

Anyway, congratulations on acting like an animal. You're a real class act. I'm sure the families of those killed and injured would be happy to see how you and others like yourself IMMEDIATELY used their suffering for political gain.
He has no class. Only devotion to the Party and the principles of Class envy and hate of all productive individuals.
VITE1 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VITE1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2011, 10:08pm   #104
Exotix
Banned

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $0
Default Palin Aide ~ Symbols Weren't Rifle Sights, but Surveyor's Marks

Sarah Palin new media aide Rebecca Mansour sought to deflect attention from an electoral map Palin posted on her Facebook page last March in an appearance on Tammy Bruce's radio show Saturday.

The images long described as crosshairs or rifle sights were actually just surveyor's symbols, Mansour said.

Today

Palin Aide: Symbols Weren't Rifle Sights, but Surveyor's Marks - Garance Franke-Ruta - Politics - The Atlantic

The exchange, via Weigel:

MANSOUR: I just want to clarify again, and maybe it wasn't done on the record enough by us when this came out, the graphic, is just, it's basically -- we never, ever, ever intended it to be gunsights.
It was simply crosshairs like you see on maps.

BRUCE: Well, it's a surveyor's symbol. It's a surveyor's symbol.

MANSOUR: It's a surveyor's symbol. I just want to say this, Tammy, if I can.
This graphic was done, not even done in house -- we had a political graphics professional who did this for us.

While there is no evidence the alleged Tuscon shooter ever saw the electoral target list of SarahPAC, Palin's political action committee -- let alone took it to heart as an instruction -- what is clear is that Palin's history with weaponized rhetoric and imagery will be -- and already has been -- cast in a new light by the shooting in Arizona.

And the former Alaska governor seems certain to continue to draw unflattering attention in the months ahead, if only because martial metaphors have been such an essential part of the Palin rhetorical quiver and we are now entering a moment of reflection on the wisdom of brandishing such tropes.

Whatever her aide now says about the target list, there is no question that Palin has reveled in creating a political image bristling with weaponry and gun talk, from her support for aerial wolf-hunting to her hunting and halibut-clubbing adventures on TLC's show "Sarah Palin's Alaska."

Indeed, the same day Palin posted the image with the scopes over congressional districts on her Facebook page, she tweeted, "Don't retreat, Instead - "RELOAD" and asked her followers to check out her Facebook page for details.

As well, there has been no national political figure in American life more eager to correct media misconceptions in real time that Palin, raising questions about why she did not object in the spring of 2010 when controversy erupted over her imagery, which even Giffords described on national television as representing gun "crosshairs."

One clue to Palin's actual intent comes from a Nov. 4, 2010 Twitter posting where she crows about her record using the targeting map.

"Remember months ago "bullseye" icon used 2 target the 20 Obamacare-lovin' incumbent seats?

We won 18 out of 20 (90% success rate;T'aint bad)," she wrote.

*When you see you have a successful kill, it's a great feeling of accomplishment*

~ Palin

Exotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:18pm   #105
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15
Fantasy Football Champ '11,'13,'17

Location: Somewhere between mild insanity and complete psychosis.
Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,241 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1050381

Actually the symbols used on one of the images I saw were in fact surveyor symbols.

However I highly doubt this was intentional. It's pretty lame of them, but then again they've been unfairly forced on the defense by hypocritical and disgustingly shameless liberals who were drooling over the political uses of this tragedy they saw in their minds while people were still bleeding.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:24pm   #106
Exotix
Banned

Quote:
Actually the symbols used on one of the images I saw were in fact surveyor symbols.

However I highly doubt this was intentional. It's pretty lame of them, but then again they've been unfairly forced on the defense by hypocritical and disgustingly shameless liberals who were drooling over the political uses of this tragedy they saw in their minds while people were still bleeding.
I like the part where mass murderer Loughner was looking for choice passages from communist manifestos on the internet to bolster his hatred of everything ...

I remember when SeaFive did that way way back when Obama came in ...

Can you imagine that ? ... right-wing extremeists having to read communist manifestos ...
Old 01-10-2011, 2:56pm   #107
Exotix
Banned

Default Christina Taylor Green ~ *The Price we pay for a Free Society*

... Former Phillies manager Dallas Green ~ 'My princess is gone' ...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/40998602#40998602
Old 01-10-2011, 3:24pm   #108
Exotix
Banned

Default Jared Loughner ~ *Right to remain silent*

Ariz. shooting suspect not cooperating, sheriff says.

Jared Loughner, described as a 'loner,' due for first court appearance

Just In

Ariz. shooting suspect not cooperating, sheriff says - U.S. news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

TUCSON, Ariz. — A 22-year-old man charged with trying to assassinate a U.S. congresswoman in a shooting spree that left six people dead and more than a dozen wounded has remained silent about a possible motive, a sheriff said.

(Read continues in Link)
Old 01-10-2011, 3:27pm   #109
73sbVert
Barn Stall Owner #20
Barn Stall Owner #33

Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '11,'13,'14,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13

Thanked 3,300 Times in 1,962 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $988270

I'll bet an old telephone crank hooked up to his testicles would change his mind about remaining mum.

POS.
73sbVert is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 73sbVert For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 3:46pm   #110
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.4%

Thanked 11,563 Times in 5,702 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73sbVert View Post
I'll bet an old telephone crank hooked up to his testicles would change his mind about remaining mum.

POS.
I"d gut both of my antique phones hanging on the walls to do that......

but I get to apply it.....to make sure I don't drop any power, I use automotive jumper cables......

can you imagine the he would do????

mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mrvette For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 6:03pm   #111
Exotix
Banned

Default Jared Loughner appears in Court

Old 01-10-2011, 6:19pm   #112
73sbVert
Barn Stall Owner #20
Barn Stall Owner #33

Barn Raising I,II
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
Journalists urged caution after Ft. Hood, now race to blame Palin after Arizona shootings

By: Byron York 01/09/11 8:58 AM
Chief Political Correspondent

On November 5, 2009, Maj. Nidal Hasan opened fire at a troop readiness center in Ft. Hood, Texas, killing 13 people. Within hours of the killings, the world knew that Hasan reportedly shouted "Allahu Akbar!" before he began shooting, visited websites associated with Islamist violence, wrote Internet postings justifying Muslim suicide bombings, considered U.S. forces his enemy, opposed American involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan as wars on Islam, and told a neighbor shortly before the shootings that he was going "to do good work for God." There was ample evidence, in other words, that the Ft. Hood attack was an act of Islamist violence.

Nevertheless, public officials, journalists, and commentators were quick to caution that the public should not "jump to conclusions" about Hasan's motive. CNN, in particular, became a forum for repeated warnings that the subject should be discussed with particular care.

"The important thing is for everyone not to jump to conclusions," said retired Gen. Wesley Clark on CNN the night of the shootings.

"We cannot jump to conclusions," said CNN's Jane Velez-Mitchell that same evening. "We have to make sure that we do not jump to any conclusions whatsoever."

"I'm on Pentagon chat room," said former CIA operative Robert Baer on CNN, also the night of the shooting. "Right now, there's messages going back and forth, saying do not jump to the conclusion this had anything to do with Islam."

The next day, President Obama underscored the rapidly-forming conventional wisdom when he told the country, "I would caution against jumping to conclusions until we have all the facts." In the days that followed, CNN jouralists and guests repeatedly echoed the president's remarks.

"We can't jump to conclusions," Army Gen. George Casey said on CNN November 8. The next day, political analyst Mark Halperin urged a "transparent" investigation into the shootings "so the American people don't jump to conclusions." And when Republican Rep. Pete Hoekstra, then the ranking member of the House Intelligence Committee, suggested that the Ft. Hood attack was terrorism, CNN's John Roberts was quick to intervene. "Now, President Obama has asked people to be very cautious here and to not jump to conclusions," Roberts said to Hoekstra. "By saying that you believe this is an act of terror, are you jumping to a conclusion?"

Fast forward a little more than a year, to January 8, 2011. In Tucson, Arizona, a 22 year-old man named Jared Lee Loughner opened fire at a political event, gravely wounding Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, killing a federal judge and five others, and wounding 18. In the hours after the attack, little was known about Loughner beyond some bizarre and largely incomprehensible YouTube postings that, if anything, suggested he was mentally ill. Yet the network that had shown such caution in discussing the Ft. Hood shootings openly discussed the possibility that Loughner was inspired to violence by…Sarah Palin. Although there is no evidence that Loughner was in any way influenced by Palin, CNN was filled with speculation about the former Alaska governor.

After reporting that Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik had condemned what Dupnik called "the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government," CNN's Wolf Blitzer turned to congressional reporter Jessica Yellin for analysis. The sheriff "singled out some of the political rhetoric, as you point out, in creating the environment that allowed this kind of instance to happen," Yellin told Blitzer. "Even though, as you point out, this suspect is not cooperating with investigators, so we don't know the motive. President Obama also delivered that message, saying it's partly the political rhetoric that led to this.* So that's why we want to bring up one of the themes that's burning up the social media right now. On Twitter and Facebook, there is a lot of talk, in particular, about Sarah Palin. As you might recall, back in March of last year, when the health care vote was coming to the floor of the House and this was all heating up, Palin tweeted out a message on Twitter saying 'common sense conservatives, don't retreat -- instead reload.' And she referred folks to her Facebook page. On that Facebook page was a list of Democratic members she was putting in crosshairs, and Gabrielle Giffords was one of those in the crosshairs."

Yellin noted that Palin had "posted a statement on Facebook saying that 'my sincere condolences are offered to the family of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and other victims of today's tragic shooting in Arizona. On behalf of Todd and my family, we all pray for the victims and their families and for peace and justice.'" Yellin continued: "And I should point out that Republican leaders in Washington have said that this is not a partisan issue, this is about violence, as have some tea party groups. But clearly this is a moment to talk about our political rhetoric."

"It certainly is," Blitzer agreed. "But the question is, is there any evidence that the suspected shooter in this particular case was a Sarah Palin fan, read Sarah Palin's website, was a member on Facebook, watched her tweets, or anything like that?"

"None at all," Yellin responded. "And there is no evidence that this was even inspired by rage over health care, broadly. So there is no overt connection between Sarah Palin, health care, and the [shootings]."

Indeed, there is no "overt" or any other sort of connection between Loughner and Palin. If such evidence came to light, it would certainly be news. But without that evidence, and after a brief caveat, the CNN group went back to discussing the theory that Loughner acted out of rage inspired by Palin and other Republicans. Conclusions were jumped to all around.

And it wasn't just CNN. Other media outlets were also filled with speculation about the attack and pronouncements on the state of American political rhetoric. What a markedly different situation from 15 months earlier when, in the face of actual evidence that Maj. Hasan was inspired by Islamist convictions, many media commentators sought to be voices of caution. Where was that caution after the shootings in Arizona?
Where indeed?

Old 01-11-2011, 7:49am   #113
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:

They, like EVERY other Site, should be condemned! PERIOD!

See how this Works? Take note, and follow that example and you'll get the point.

Real People Lives are at Stake ... next time it could be someone YOU actually care about.
Old 01-11-2011, 8:03am   #114
Exotix
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasC5 View Post
They, like EVERY other Site, should be condemned! PERIOD!

See how this Works? Take note, and follow that example and you'll get the point.

Real People Lives are at Stake ... next time it could be someone YOU actually care about.
When that happens he'll jump on the Obamacare bandwagon faster than an (R) finally having to pull his head out of his azz because now they have to figure out where to put the mentally-ill and the cost of and the cost of caring for their victims ...
Old 01-11-2011, 2:24pm   #115
Exotix
Banned

Default Parents of Jared Loughner to Speak

Parents of shooting suspect Jared Loughner due to speak to reporters

*Breaking*

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/41023255#41023255
Old 01-12-2011, 12:08am   #116
73sbVert
Barn Stall Owner #20
Barn Stall Owner #33

Barn Raising I,II
Bantayan Kids '13

Old 01-12-2011, 8:00am   #117
ChasC5
Banned

biggrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73sbVert View Post

And it’s defiantly not a Liberal Democrat
Old 01-12-2011, 8:19am   #118
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.4%

Thanked 11,563 Times in 5,702 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

favorite works....mein kampf and commie manifesto.....

no he not a liberal, he a socialist/commie nut job.....all entitled and all, mommy works in the local .gov so his police contacts were not on record, sheltered from reality.....enabling a gun purchase....

mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 8:48am   #119
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
favorite works....mein kampf and commie manifesto.....

no he not a liberal, he a socialist/commie nut job.....all entitled and all, mommy works in the local .gov so his police contacts were not on record, sheltered from reality.....enabling a gun purchase....

Well we had Laws to prevent that ... but ....
Old 01-12-2011, 12:00pm   #120
Exotix
Banned

Default Loughner stopped by Police morning of Shootings

*Breaking*

Jared Loughner stopped by police on day of shooting - todaysthv.com | KTHV | Little Rock, AR

TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) ~ The suspect in a deadly Arizona shooting ran a red light and was stopped by a wildlife officer less than three hours before the attack that wounded Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.

The Arizona Game and Fish Department says an officer stopped Jared Loughner at about 7:30 a.m. Saturday.

The officer took Loughner's driver's license and vehicle registration information.
Dispatchers checked the information and found no outstanding warrants on Loughner or his vehicle.

He was given a verbal warning and released.

Also just in, is that Loughner was chased down in vehicle by his father when father became suspicious of Black Bag his son was carrying ...

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion