Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-28-2011, 10:04pm   #1
ChasC5
Banned
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $37320
bilmem Race Card?

Herman Cain: Jon Stewart Doesn't Like Me Because I'm a Black Conservative

Herman Cain: Jon Stewart Doesn't Like Me Because I'm a Black Conservative - Herman Cain - Fox Nation

JUAN WILLIAMS, GUEST HOST: In the "Personal Story" segment tonight: Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain is gaining traction in some early polls. In fact, according to the Real Clear Politics average of the latest polling, he is right behind Mitt Romney and Sarah Palin. And as we mentioned earlier, he came in third in this weekend's big poll out of Iowa. He has also attracted the attention of liberal comedian Jon Stewart.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

JON STEWART, HOST, "THE DAILY SHOW": While Pawlenty attempts to get us to face the problem inside us, candidate Herman Cain offers real solutions to fictional issues.

HERMAN CAIN (R), PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: Don't try to pass a 2,700-page bill. You and I didn't have time to read it. We are too busy trying to live, send our kids to school. That's why I'm going to only allow small bills, three pages. You will have time to read that one over the dinner table.

STEWART: Bills will be three pages. If I am president, treaties will have to fit on the back of a cereal box. From now on, the State of the Union address will be delivered in the form of a fortune cookie. I am Herman Cain, and I do not like to read.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

WILLIAMS: Mr. Cain sees a racial element in Stewart's comments. He joins me now. Herman Cain, thanks for coming in.

CAIN: Hello, Juan.

WILLIAMS: Tell me what's your beef with Jon Stewart.

CAIN: First of all, Jon Stewart is a comedian. I understand that. But when he starts to mock the three-page joke, him being a comedian, he ought to have known that that was a joke. But he took it seriously and then he started to stretch it out with all of the other stuff. Now, when he mocked me in the dialogue of the old "Amos and Andy"…

WILLIAMS: Dialect.

CAIN: Dialect of the old "Amos and Andy." I think that was a bit much. But, you know, he is a comedian. I'm running for office. I'm a problem-solver.

WILLIAMS: You know, one of the things that drives conservatives crazy, Mr. Cain, is when liberals respond to any criticism by playing the race card.

CAIN: Right.

WILLIAMS: Are people going to say, "Hey, Herman Cain is now playing the race card on Jon Stewart"?

CAIN: I'm not playing the race card. Some people in the media are playing the race card. I didn't complain. Look, the list of names that I have been called and the many times that people have tried to pull me into the race card game, I just have refused. I have got a long list of names in my radio studio where every name in the book they have called me. So I really am not overly -- I'm not offended by what he was trying to do. He's a comedian. I'm a problem-solver. So I wasn't -- I'm not the one playing that card. Some other people are playing that card. It's not about color. I keep saying that. It's about content of ideas and it is about character.

WILLIAMS: But, of course, you just said he used that "Amos and Andy" dialect and he is there mocking you. I don't think there is any question about that.

CAIN: Right.

WILLIAMS: And you say he distorted it. But I must tell you, a lot of people in the press reported that as a straight story that you had said that no legislation longer than three pages.

CAIN: I did say that while I was giving a speech up in Iowa. And then I later came back and said, you know, that was to drive home a point that legislation will be short and where the American people can understand it. I clarified that. Now, if you really want to get technical, executive summaries can be three pages.

WILLIAM: That's right.

CAIN: But the thing more so than the whole race issue, which I don't want to get into, Jon Stewart does not like me, in my opinion, because I'm an American black conservative. Because I'm black and conservative, I think he probably has a bigger problem with that than he does the whole race thing.
ChasC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 9:21am   #2
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $13154

Cain handled the bait nicely as this post does
Peter Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Peter Pan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2011, 9:38am   #3
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10

Thanked 1,765 Times in 758 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8563902

Cain is an idiot. Stewart makes fun of everyone. He had a two minute segment on last night where he did the exact same thing to virtually every race and ethnic group.

Here is the video - Jon Stewart Does a Lot of Goofy Voices on The Daily Show - Entertainment - The Atlantic Wire
Joecooool is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joecooool For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2011, 9:45am   #4
6spdC6
A Real Barner
Activity: 34.2%

Location: NorthernNY! (A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake) in the peoples republic of NY
Thanked 3,394 Times in 1,858 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2115673

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
Your opinion.

Most of us would disagree.

"Most of us would disagree" with that and about 99 44/100% of anything else (JoeCoool) you spew!
Due to all his bullshit I now nominate NY Governor Andy (Safe Act) Cuomo to be called Governor Moonbeam (EAST)
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 9:59am   #5
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 42.8%

Thanked 7,742 Times in 3,447 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool View Post
Cain is an idiot.
Because he is a self made millionaire?

Because he has had a brilliant business and economics career?

Because he has a bachelor's degree in mathematics and his masters from a great business school?

Because he is religious?

Because he is black and conservative?

Because... ?

Tell us joe. Why is Cain an idiot in your obviously superior opinion?

RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:22am   #6
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
Because he is a self made millionaire?

Because he has had a brilliant business and economics career?

Because he has a bachelor's degree in mathematics and his masters from a great business school?

Because he is religious?

Because he is black and conservative?

Because... ?

Tell us joe. Why is Cain an idiot in your obviously superior opinion?

In this specific instance, because he thinks Jon Stewart singled him out with a racist rant.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:29am   #7
jhammons01
Vette Barn Crew

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1215

Quote:
In this specific instance, because he thinks Jon Stewart singled him out with a racist rant.
Lemme see, JS invoked a deep southern black dialect to mock Cain.....and that's not racist???

Of course BHO is a clean articulate Negro so no Amos and Andy dialect would work for him......but whistle through your teeth while wearing blue lipstick and watch the flood waters!

Thinking that you could grasp this concept.....I'm wasting my breath
jhammons01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:04am   #8
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $13154

Quote:
He did single him out and Mr Cain moved forward with class
Peter Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Peter Pan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2011, 12:44pm   #9
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
I'd love to hear what you had to say if some conservative used that exact same voice and mockery towards Obama.
Old 06-29-2011, 1:06pm   #10
jhammons01
Vette Barn Crew

Quote:
I'd love to hear what you had to say if some conservative used that exact same voice and mockery towards Obama.
That's impossible with a Clean Articulate Negro without a black dialect

Unless He wanted too

Old 06-29-2011, 3:02pm   #11
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10

Quote:
If said conservative was a COMEDIAN and did the same to others I wouldn't care.

I notices not a one of you man'ed up to comment on the video link I posted in this thread.
Old 06-29-2011, 4:23pm   #12
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
If said conservative was a COMEDIAN and did the same to others I wouldn't care.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Quote:
I notices not a one of you man'ed up to comment on the video link I posted in this thread.
Nobody commented because it is a stupid argument.

How exactly do you think that video justifies his comments about Cain?

How about this? So since Michael Richards is a comedian and makes fun of all sorts of people, by your logic there was nothing wrong with this... correct?

Old 06-29-2011, 10:04pm   #13
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 9,005 Times in 2,777 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Mr. Cool,

Please post up your bio so we can compare your achievements to Mr. Cain's so we can decide who the idiot is.

Herman Cain bio
Cain earned a bachelor's degree in mathematics from Morehouse College in 1967. He earned a master's degree from Purdue University while working as a mathematician for the Department of the Navy. Upon graduation, he worked as a business analyst for The Coca-Cola Company.

In 1977, Cain joined The Pillsbury Company at age 31. Within three years, he rose to the position of Vice President of Corporate Systems and Services. He resigned his senior position in 1982 to begin work at Pillsbury's Burger King Division. Nine months later, he was managing 400 Burger King units in the Philadelphia region, the company's poorest performer. Within three years, his region ranked number one.

In 1986, Cain was appointed president of then financially troubled Godfather's Pizza, Inc. chain. In 14 months, the chain regained profitability and in 1988, he led his executive team in a buyout of the company from Pillsbury.

Cain was elected to the Board of Directors of the National Restaurant Association (NRA) in 1988. While serving as Chairman, he developed the organization into a pro-business voice through national debates and speeches concerning healthcare reform, employment policies and taxation. Following this experience, he was appointed to serve on the Economic Growth and Tax Reform Commission. He then became a senior advisor to the 1996 Dole/Kemp presidential campaign.

While continuing as President and Chairman of Godfather's Pizza, Inc., Cain became a national keynote speaker. Using his powerful messages as the foundation, Cain created a leadership firm and he has authored three books on topics ranging from leadership to self-empowerment. In 2002, he became an Executive Lecturer for the Gallup Organization.

In 1996, Cain was elected CEO and president of the National Restaurant Association. Cain leveraged his restaurant experience with the technology market when he became CEO and president of RetailDNA, a software technology company, in 1999.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:08pm   #14
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
Quote:
So you will excuse me if I don't respond to each and every post addressing my positions.
I guess my question didn't make the cut. Too bad.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:47pm   #15
jhammons01
Vette Barn Crew

Joe Coooool runs off rather than answer a single question ?

Liberalism at it's finest. Alinsky would be proud
Old 06-30-2011, 3:42am   #16
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.4%

Thanked 11,563 Times in 5,702 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhammons01 View Post
Joe Coooool runs off rather than answer a single question ?

Liberalism at it's finest. Alinsky would be proud
You simply can not debate with a liberal, they don't think logically.....

they run on emotion, not logic....

sort of like most women....

mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 6:45pm   #17
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 9,005 Times in 2,777 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrakk View Post
Mr. Cool,

Please post up your bio so we can compare your achievements to Mr. Cain's so we can decide who the idiot is.

Herman Cain bio
Cain earned a bachelor's degree in mathematics from Morehouse College in 1967. He earned a master's degree from Purdue University while working as a mathematician for the Department of the Navy. Upon graduation, he worked as a business analyst for The Coca-Cola Company.

In 1977, Cain joined The Pillsbury Company at age 31. Within three years, he rose to the position of Vice President of Corporate Systems and Services. He resigned his senior position in 1982 to begin work at Pillsbury's Burger King Division. Nine months later, he was managing 400 Burger King units in the Philadelphia region, the company's poorest performer. Within three years, his region ranked number one.

In 1986, Cain was appointed president of then financially troubled Godfather's Pizza, Inc. chain. In 14 months, the chain regained profitability and in 1988, he led his executive team in a buyout of the company from Pillsbury.

Cain was elected to the Board of Directors of the National Restaurant Association (NRA) in 1988. While serving as Chairman, he developed the organization into a pro-business voice through national debates and speeches concerning healthcare reform, employment policies and taxation. Following this experience, he was appointed to serve on the Economic Growth and Tax Reform Commission. He then became a senior advisor to the 1996 Dole/Kemp presidential campaign.

While continuing as President and Chairman of Godfather's Pizza, Inc., Cain became a national keynote speaker. Using his powerful messages as the foundation, Cain created a leadership firm and he has authored three books on topics ranging from leadership to self-empowerment. In 2002, he became an Executive Lecturer for the Gallup Organization.

In 1996, Cain was elected CEO and president of the National Restaurant Association. Cain leveraged his restaurant experience with the technology market when he became CEO and president of RetailDNA, a software technology company, in 1999.
Still waiting for Mr. Cool's impressive bio.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 6:54pm   #18
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrakk View Post
Still waiting for Mr. Cool's impressive bio.
I'm still waiting to hear whether Michael Richards' racist rant was ok... since of course he is a comedian.
The Following User Says Thank You to RedLS1GTO For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 7:40am   #19
78SA
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 3,201 Times in 2,015 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3632152

Some people really give Democrats a bad name.
78SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:01pm   #20
D-503
Vette Barn nOOb

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $540

Quote:
Cain is an idiot.

His continued presence in the campaign is proof.
D-503 is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion