Politics & Religion Discussion of politics and religion

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-2011, 7:17pm   #1
R.Zaragoza
Barn Stall Owner #0000
Activity: 0.6%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $260381
Default Weiner’s Office Calls The Police After CBS 2′s Marcia Kramer Asks For An Interview

Weiner’s Office Calls The Police After CBS 2′s Marcia Kramer Asks For An Interview

WASHINGTON (CBSNewYork) — Congressman Anthony Weiner said Thursday he’s finished talking about the lewd photo sent from his Twitter account.

But he still wouldn’t say whether he’s the one in the picture.

So CBS 2 political reporter Marcia Kramer decided to go to his office on Capitol Hill to try to get you some answers.

You’ll never believe what happened.

Kramer tried to get an interview with the six-term New York Democrat and as a result had the cops called on her.

Kramer walked in to Weiner’s office, announced herself as being from CBS 2 in New York City and said she’d like to see the congressman. Those few words created quite the stir. Doors slammed and people pretended she wasn’t there.

Finally, brave press secretary David Arnold arrived. The following is the exchange Kramer had with him:

Kramer: “All I want is for him to say something to his constituents, the people who have to vote for him.”

Arnold: “I don’t think you can say he hasn’t said anything to his constituents. He spoke for nine hours yesterday.

Kramer: “But not to anyone in New York. You know, this is the sort of in-the-bunker in the capitol, not to anyone in New York.”

After Kramer left Weiner’s office, his staff called the Capitol Police.

Police officers asked for identification. One cop told Kramer that if she went into Weiner’s office and didn’t leave if she was asked, she could be arrested.

“If you go to an office and are asked to leave, you can be placed under arrest,” Officer Michael Miller said.

Kramer responded, “But I wasn’t refusing to leave.”

Kramer was never asked to leave Weiner’s office, but the fact that the cops were called is a clear sign that the stress of this so-called “Weinergate” controversy is taking its toll. House Minority Leader Eric Cantor became the first member of House leadership to go after Weiner.

“I think the American people are sick of seeing their elected offocials tied up in scandals like this. My advice would be to come clean and clear it up. Perhaps he’s trying, but I know there’s a lot of explaining going on, without a lot of clarity,” Cantor said.

Weiner, himself, had little to say Thursday.

“Today I’m going to have to head back to work doing a job I’m paid to do,” he said.

He refused to answer any questions and walked back into his office.

The Congressman adamantly denies tweeting a suggestive photo of a man in grey underwear to a 21-year-old woman, but was far less clear about the photo’s origin when pressed by CBS congressional correspondent Nancy Cordes.

Cordes: “Congressman, I think the main question people are asking is, was that a picture of you?”

Weiner: “Well the main question that a lot of people are asking is did I send the photograph. I did not, this was a prank, a hoax.”

Cordes: “So it sounds like it was a photo of you.”

Weiner: “Well we’re going to try to find out exactly what happened.”

Weiner is also dodging questions about why he followed the Washington State College student on Twitter, along with a bevy of other young women, refusing to answer reporters’ questions about whether he ever sent her private messages.

“Look, I’m not going to get into how I communicate with people on social media,” he said. “Did I send someone a note that says, ‘thank you for following me, tune in for the future.’ I don’t want to open the door to that.”

He said whatever the communication, none of it was inappropriate. But he’s stopped short of calling for an investigation.

On The Early Show Thursday, CBS news legal analyst Jack Ford, said the congressman may have a good reason for not involving authorities.

“It’s not against the law to lie to the media. It’s not against the law to lie to constituents. It is against the law to lie to law enforcement,” said Ford. “So if I’m a lawyer on a case like this, I’m going to be real careful before I let my client talk to law enforcement.”

Another expert told Kramer the ongoing questions could hurt his political ambitions.

“This is something that is not going to go away. It is part of his legacy whether he likes it or not,” said crisis management guru Richard Auletta of Auletta & Assoc.

If Weiner thinks this is going away anytime soon, he’s got another thing coming. There were dozens of journalists on permanent stakeout outside his door all day.

The damage to Weiner’s political future is yet to be determined.
R.Zaragoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 7:24pm   #2
ChasC5
Banned
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $37320

The Guys at work today show me how easy it is to hack Facebook Photos ...

I'm glad i don't get involved in that silly crap.
ChasC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 7:33pm   #3
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 43.5%

Thanked 7,745 Times in 3,448 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

(Luke Russert) - "That's not a picture of you?"

(Weiner) - "I can't say with certitude that picture isn't of me"

Really? You don't know? Riiiiiiiiight.

I'm pretty sure that if I were to see a picture some dude's junk I would know with a fair amount of certainty weather it was mine or not.

What a douche.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 7:35pm   #4
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post

I'm pretty sure that if I were to see a picture some dude's junk I would know with a fair amount of certainty weather it was mine or not.

What a douche.

If I were you, I wouldn't Vote for him next time ...

Oh wait ... I don't think it matters what you think ... sorry, my Bad.
Old 06-02-2011, 7:38pm   #5
Sea Six
Barn Stall Owner #16A
Barn Stall Owner #16B

NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 1.4%

Thanked 13,008 Times in 7,318 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $602908

Quote:

What a douche.

Douche and a half.
Sea Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 7:54pm   #6
ChasC5
Banned

Msnbc's Lawrence O'Donnell just eloquently covered this entire story with ... all the historical tapes of the Republicans Hippocrates who were caught with confirmed and factual Sex Scandals and the actual 2004 court documents of the Bill O'Relly Sex Scandal that are on-line for everyone to see.

BAM ... OWNED!

Case Closed ...
Old 06-02-2011, 8:11pm   #7
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasC5 View Post
Msnbc's Lawrence O'Donnell just eloquently covered this entire story with ... all the historical tapes of the Republicans Hippocrates who were caught with confirmed and factual Sex Scandals and the actual 2004 court documents of the Bill O'Relly Sex Scandal that are on-line for everyone to see.
I know I should stick to my new "ignore the stupid shit that Chas says" policy but this one is just too ignorant to pass up.

Please enlighten us on WTF the things that others have done in the past have to so with what the Weiner douche did this time?

Let me see if I can figure out your backwards ass "it's ok because they did it first" logic. By my calculations, the things that those Republicans did should all be ok because of the transgressions and scandals of Kennedy and Clinton. Right? Is that how it works in Chas land or does it only work when you are trying to deflect from something that an asshat liberal did?

...and do you really need to start pointing out sex scandals by party? Hell the Kennedys and Clinton alone could fill a dozen books.
Old 06-02-2011, 8:15pm   #8
ChasC5
Banned

biggrin

Quote:
I know I should stick to my new "ignore the stupid shit that Chas says" policy but this one is just too ignorant to pass up.

Please enlighten us on WTF the things that others have done in the past have to so with what the Weiner douche did this time?

Let me see if I can figure out your backwards ass "it's ok because they did it first" logic. By my calculations, the things that those Republicans did should all be ok because of the transgressions and scandals of Kennedy and Clinton. Right? Is that how it works in Chas land or does it only work when you are trying to deflect from something that an asshat liberal did?

...and do you really need to start pointing out sex scandals by party? Hell the Kennedys and Clinton alone could fill a dozen books.
Simple phrase ... "when you live in glass houses ... don't throw stones". I mad that one up myself.

And sure, that include Kennedys and Clinton ... but I didn't hear them on the next for the last two days throwing stones ... get the point sport?
Old 06-02-2011, 8:16pm   #9
VITE1
Barn Stall Owner #69
Bantayan Kids '14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 3.6%

Thanked 12,540 Times in 5,854 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1084134

Quote:

VITE1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 8:34pm   #10
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
Simple phrase ... "when you live in glass houses ... don't throw stones". I mad that one up myself.

And sure, that include Kennedys and Clinton ... but I didn't hear them on the next for the last two days throwing stones ... get the point sport?
I shouldn't have deviated from my "ignore the stupid shit Chas says" policy.

I guess I just didn't realize initially that it actually covered every single post you made.
Old 06-02-2011, 8:58pm   #11
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:
I shouldn't have deviated from my "ignore the stupid shit Chas says" policy.

I guess I just didn't realize initially that it actually covered every single post you made.
C-Ya, going to miss U
Old 06-02-2011, 9:11pm   #12
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VITE1 View Post
Going back B4 HD TV
Old 06-02-2011, 9:44pm   #13
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III

Quote:
C-Ya, going to miss U
Don't expect you to miss me...

Just tired of trying to have some sort of intelligent conversation/debate with somebody who is either incapable of it or for some unknown reason simply refuses to. I should have learned long before now that is pretty much out of the question with you.

If you are ever interested in having some sort of conversation that stays above the maturity level of those who still write with crayons, let me know.

In the meantime, you have fun with your random off-topic and mostly incoherent sentence fragments, smiley faces, and racist crap.
Old 06-03-2011, 7:01am   #14
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:
Don't expect you to miss me...

Just tired of trying to have some sort of intelligent conversation/debate with somebody who is either incapable of it or for some unknown reason simply refuses to. I should have learned long before now that is pretty much out of the question with you.

If you are ever interested in having some sort of conversation that stays above the maturity level of those who still write with crayons, let me know.

In the meantime, you have fun with your random off-topic and mostly incoherent sentence fragments, smiley faces, and racist crap.
You're wrong, I have nothing against you ... hell; outside of this internet forum, I don't even know you. Therefore, I could not speak intelligently about you personally. But then, that's how I roll.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion