Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > C4 Corvette > C4 Open Discussion
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

C4 Open Discussion General and technical C4 Corvette discussion - ownership, maintenance, repairs, modifications, tuning

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-23-2011, 7:53pm   #1
boostedmaxPSI
Vette Barn nOOb
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $562
Default Looking for Keisler TKO experience

I'm looking to hear about your Keisler TKO conversion. I have an '88 Vette that I'm looking to swap out the 4+3 with a Keisler TKO 600. Seems like a pretty straight forward swap.

If you have one, please share your experience.

Thanks
FS
boostedmaxPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:29pm   #2
LD85
Vette Barn nOOb
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $585

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedmaxPSI View Post
I'm looking to hear about your Keisler TKO conversion. I have an '88 Vette that I'm looking to swap out the 4+3 with a Keisler TKO 600. Seems like a pretty straight forward swap.

If you have one, please share your experience.

Thanks
FS
I can handle that, info from 10/12/2008

Well, I got it in and all and all it was a very simple and smooth installation.
I indicated the BH to make sure the mount hole was concentric with the crank, then bolted everything in

The Torque arm bracket fit perfectly but I did drill two holes in the top of the bracket so I could use two 1/2 -13 bolts and nuts on the top of the beam, the same as the bottom of the beam.

You will see some SS Allen head bolts which I used because the bolt kit I received was missing these bolts and the hardware store were, amazingly, all out of Grade 8 Hex Bolts.

All that I need to do is bleed my new slave, this has been one true PITA to bleed, but I will get that done this week.

I did drive the car and the clutch engagement is only 1/2" off the floor board which ain't right, but I will get this resolved this week.

Also, I need to add that the Keisler guys are a class act, they answered all of my questions, and tailored the quote to eliminate parts that I already had,

another company that I called said "to take their quote in its entirety or leave it", essentially I believe they were too busy to work with me.

Also, the Keisler tech guys called and PM'd me to make sure that I had all of the parts and offered to help in any way, even offered their cell phone #'s for me to call on the weekend,, service above and beyond in my opinion.

So KUDOS to Keisler !!!!!!!!!!

Pics below are of ZF BH and 4+3 BH and ZF tranny and TKO tranny, I used all 4+3 hydraulic slave and master

Also, you can use a bolt on TOB costing $350 or a slip on HOWE 82870 TOB costing @ $150

LD85 is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > C4 Corvette > C4 Open Discussion