Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-26-2022, 4:39pm   #21
Frankie the Fink
A Real Barner
Activity: 53.2%

Thanked 3,549 Times in 1,583 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04 commemorative View Post
Well, everyone I know that has had knee replacement said the same thing....."I don't know why I waited so long to do this !"
My wife said EXACTLY that, after suffering for years to where she couldn't even go grocery shopping, she finally relented and had the knee replaced, now we try to get a 2 mile or more walk in daily - together...

Some advice; do NOT watch videos of the surgery beforehand; like sausage, if you like it you really don't need to know what goes into it.
Frankie the Fink is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frankie the Fink For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2022, 7:32pm   #22
slewfoot
Barn Stall Owner #118
Activity: 53.6%

Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,159 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1002672

If you google some surgical pics of arthritis in the knee you will clearly see in addition to mine what is causing all your pain.

Simple arthroscopic cleaning might be all you need. I just don't see how a replacement is necessary at the moment.

What has your Dr said about it? If he says replacement, better get a 2nd opinion
slewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 10:25pm   #23
Chemtrails99
A Real Barner
Activity: 7.6%

Thanked 1,355 Times in 529 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Everybody is different. I avoided trying CBD for many years, while a number of friends with chronic pain around me swore by it. Like me, they had issues from industrial accidents, car wrecks and some military service. I have two bad knees, two bad hips and 4 badly damaged discs (one missing) in my back. I was at the point that I could barely walk out to get the garbage can at the curb (and used to walk at least 5 miles a day or cycle 20+). I'm back able to walk about half a mile and no longer have endless screaming pain. It reduces inflammation, which is it's best feature. No bad side effects like all the over the counter pills either. It also seems to help lower my A1C to an extent.

I get mine from a knowledgeable friend who searched for something for himself first. By far, not all CBD is created equal. Some of the popular stuff has a tiny amount of active ingredients. None of them worked for me. It's not like some drugs that will damage you if you try it, so no biggie to try. It took it about a week to really start helping for me. It came on gentle, not hard like a pill does (that then dissolves just as quick).
Chemtrails99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 10:40pm   #24
zeek
A Real Barner

Thanked 7,467 Times in 2,515 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $555

All I hear is Wah, wah wah....you come on here crying about all your pain but are too scared to do what needs to be done....you can CBD till the cows come home but all you are doing is prolonging the inevitable. I got news for you puss, the older you get the worse the recovery is gonna be. Yeah, you had a friend...yada, yada, yada.....You come on a car forum asking how to fix your old decrepit knee....well Im telling ya how....suck it up buttercup and grow a pair....

PS....you hate me now, but you will thank me later....
zeek is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic