Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16,'20
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0%

Thanked 10,607 Times in 6,383 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3043611

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
To check out a different perspective, read some of the accounts of McCain's fellow prisoners about him, and his time as a POW, and his nickname.
Cliffs
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 3:01pm   #42
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,656 Times in 13,628 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
Cliffs
Just one example...

No one disputes that John McCain was a Vietnam POW, but he’s been the subject of damning articles, and criticism by other veterans, and for good reason. McCain has a lot to hide.

He voted against a bill that was otherwise unanimously passed that would have released sealed records that would have revealed what happened in Vietnam, presumably because those records would have confirmed his dishonorable actions.

The severely wounded McCain was thrown on the back of a truck and hauled to the infamous Hanoi Hilton prison camp. Immediately, his captors began to interrogate him using sadistic methods they had perfected on hundreds of captured U.S. servicemen before him.

As they did with most prisoners of war, his interrogators demanded military information. When he refused, his guards kicked and pounded him mercilessly.

McCain admits that three to four days after he was captured, he promised the Vietnamese, “I’ll give you military information if you will take me to the hospital.”

McCain also admits that the Vietnamese rushed him to a hospital, but denies he was given “special medical treatment” because of his promise.

Wayne Dupree reported:

He claims he was given medical care normally unavailable to captured Americans only because the Vietnamese learned he was the son of Admiral John S. McCain, Jr., the soon-to-be commander of all U.S. forces in the Pacific including those fighting in Vietnam.

The Vietnamese figured that because POW McCain’s father was of such high military rank that he was of royalty or the governing circle in the United States. Thereafter the communist bragged that they had captured “the crown prince” and treated him as a “special prisoner.”

Less than two weeks after McCain was taken to a hospital, Hanoi’s press began quoting him giving specific military information, including the name of the aircraft carrier on which he was based, numbers of U.S. pilots that had been lost, the number of aircraft in his flight, information about location of rescue ships and the order of which his attack was supposed to take place.

There is also evidence that McCain received “special” medical treatment from a Soviet physician.

After he was out of the hospital, McCain continued cooperating with the North Vietnamese for a period of three years. He made radio broadcasts for the communists and met with foreign delegations, including the Cubans. He was interviewed by at least two North Vietnamese generals one of whom was Vietnam’s national hero, General Vo Nguyen Giap.

On June 4, 1969, a U.S. wire service story headlined “PW Songbird Is Pilot Son of Admiral,” reported one of McCain’s radio broadcasts: “Hanoi has aired a broadcast in which the pilot son of the United States commander in the Pacific, Adm. John McCain, purportedly admits to having bombed civilian targets in North Vietnam and praises medical treatment he has received since being taken prisoner.

“The broadcast was beamed to American servicemen in South Vietnam as a part of a propaganda series attempting to counter charges by U.S. Defense Secretary Melvin Laird that American prisoners are being mistreated in North Vietnam.”

McCain says he violated the Code of Conduct only when the North Vietnamese brutally tortured him. He further claims that he was so distraught afterwards that he tried to commit suicide. He has never explained why his “aid to the enemy” continued for more than three years.

Even though there are no reports in the public record from other POWs who witnessed McCain’s claims of torture and heroics or his attempted suicide, the American media has accepted his version of events word for word, no questions asked.

Yet, the same press that transformed the admiral’s son into an “incredible war hero–an inspiration to all Americans,” vilified the two grunts.

Comparing the incidents surrounding the fates of three POWs,’ who collaborated with the enemy, makes one question why two faced possible execution for treason, while the third won acclaim as a hero fit to be President of the United States.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2016, 3:04pm   #43
Milton Fox
Barn Stall Owner #1953
NCM Supporter '11
Activity: 0.8%

Thanked 2,413 Times in 1,426 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11047219

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post
my offer on FB stands: if you want to learn the basics of a pistol, i'll take you to the range. i'll bring the guns and ammo (my cost). particularly women and homosexuals. those are the two groups that muslims have a particular hatred for.
I am a leisbian! PM me the address.
Milton Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 3:13pm   #44
Nox
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 1,678 Times in 635 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $7601

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
To check out a different perspective, read some of the accounts of McCain's fellow prisoners about him, and his time as a POW, and his nickname.
Would you have traded places with McCain? I know a POW who was imprisoned for a year longer than McCain. To be sure, it was no picnic, and none of them were there by choice. The former POW I know never had a bad word to say about McCain.
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 3:34pm   #45
VITE1
Barn Stall Owner #69
Bantayan Kids '14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 4.3%

Thanked 12,538 Times in 5,853 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1084134

Why do liberals want to prevent Americans from. Using certain firearms?

As the crime rates and mass shooting rates increased from the mid 1960 gun ownership decreased and gun laws increased.

Then , starting in the late 1990's, gun ownership rates began to rise, violent crimes rates shrunk and mass shootings remained level.

So we have at best no correlation or a negative correlation.

It like trying to reduce drunk driving by preventing people from buying certain cars.
VITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VITE1 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2016, 4:36pm   #46
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,656 Times in 13,628 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox View Post
Would you have traded places with McCain? I know a POW who was imprisoned for a year longer than McCain. To be sure, it was no picnic, and none of them were there by choice. The former POW I know never had a bad word to say about McCain.
Absolutely not. I will add that I have no issue with what he did, whether he squealed, whatever. No one can possibly know what torture will do to them. I take issue only with painting a different picture of what went down. Be truthful. If you cried, say so. If you buckled, say so. If you accepted preferential treatment, own it. That's all.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 4:47pm   #47
VITE1
Barn Stall Owner #69
Bantayan Kids '14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 4.3%

Thanked 12,538 Times in 5,853 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1084134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox View Post
If I recall correctly didn't the military change it code of conduct for POW's due to the type of interrogation tactics used in Vietnam?

How many people could hold out for weeks, months , years to the type of techniques I've read about them using?
VITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion