Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  
 
Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion

Politics & Religion Discussion of politics and religion

User Tag List

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2010, 8:01am   #1
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner
Points: 14,229, Level: 82
Activity: 0%
 
Z06PDQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 3,548
Thanks: 2,080
Thanked 394 Times in 336 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626
Default Governor GoodHair says "spill was an act of God"

what a POS this guy is: Perry backs offshore drilling, says spill may be act of God | Business | Dallas Business...
__________________
Z06PDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:52am   #2
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58
Points: 9,221, Level: 66
Activity: 0%
 
Peter Pan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Converse, Texas
Posts: 2,782
Thanks: 206
Thanked 214 Times in 175 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $13154
Default

Not an act of God, and Perry is going to win another term


"Keep in mind that the last spill of this magnitude was in 1979, and that's 31 years ago," said Patterson, whose office is responsible for oil spill cleanups in Texas. Patterson was referring to a June 1979 oil platform blowout that spewed millions of barrels of oil into the Gulf of Mexico, causing extensive damage along the Texas coast.
Peter Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:54am   #3
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner
Points: 14,229, Level: 82
Activity: 0%
 
Z06PDQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 3,548
Thanks: 2,080
Thanked 394 Times in 336 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pan View Post
Not an act of God, and Perry is going to win another term


"Keep in mind that the last spill of this magnitude was in 1979, and that's 31 years ago," said Patterson, whose office is responsible for oil spill cleanups in Texas. Patterson was referring to a June 1979 oil platform blowout that spewed millions of barrels of oil into the Gulf of Mexico, causing extensive damage along the Texas coast.
Perry's an idiot. the Ixtoc well you referenced was two miles deep. I love to throw that in the face of the hacks that try to say they were forced to go deep water because of environmentalists trying to hold Mexico up as an environmentally sound nation full of Green Weenies is ridiculous.
__________________
Z06PDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 2:23pm   #4
WKMCD
Charter Member
Points: 9,160, Level: 66
Activity: 0%
 
WKMCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 1,358
Thanks: 52
Thanked 179 Times in 145 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5852
Default

That god fellow is certainly causing problems in the world...
WKMCD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WKMCD For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 2:49pm   #5
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner
Points: 14,229, Level: 82
Activity: 0%
 
Z06PDQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 3,548
Thanks: 2,080
Thanked 394 Times in 336 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKMCD View Post
That god fellow is certainly causing problems in the world...
__________________
Z06PDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 4:30pm   #6
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58
Points: 9,221, Level: 66
Activity: 0%
 
Peter Pan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Converse, Texas
Posts: 2,782
Thanks: 206
Thanked 214 Times in 175 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $13154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06PDQ View Post
Perry's an idiot. the Ixtoc well you referenced was two miles deep. I love to throw that in the face of the hacks that try to say they were forced to go deep water because of environmentalists trying to hold Mexico up as an environmentally sound nation full of Green Weenies is ridiculous.
I say go where the oil is drill baby drill and do it in my back yard if there is oil, I do not see any transportation to replace my oil guzzling Vettes or Trucks in my lifetime, now research and build the alternatives, in the mean time drill baby drill I do not care where it is, yes we need to do it more on land and shallow water, 1 mile, 2 miles or deeper I do not care, and while we are at it build more coal plants as Nuke plants present a storage of waste problem, not enough sun to make solar work with what we have now and same for wind generation, we need them all, and drill baby drill
Peter Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:53am   #7
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Points: 38,337, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
 
Iron Chef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: It's Good To Be Bad
Posts: 9,722
Thanks: 1,463
Thanked 6,665 Times in 2,291 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2297888
Default

This is how technology works folks. You want gas to drive that shiny new Vette around? Then we drill. IT'S THAT SIMPLE.

This well bursting is no different from the Columbia disaster: If it's man-made, there is a risk of failure AT SOME POINT. It may cost lives or it may mean oil spewing into the ocean...and it doesn't make a damn bit of difference what Rick Perry says or Obama or the head of BP or anyone else. There was no shortage of complaining from both liberal and conservative camps when the price of oil skyrocketed and we were paying upwards of $4.25/gallon for gas.

The problem is that everyone wants the benefits of technology but no one is prepared to pay the price if...and more likely WHEN...something goes wrong.

Let 'em cap the damn well as quicly as possible and enough whining. Unless of course you're ready to trade in that shiny new Vette on a horse and buggy.
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Iron Chef For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2010, 9:13am   #8
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner
Points: 14,229, Level: 82
Activity: 0%
 
Z06PDQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 3,548
Thanks: 2,080
Thanked 394 Times in 336 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626
Default

I'm all for "drill baby,drill" [gas well owner] I'm also in the coal hauling business, but I think nuclear has a place...I guess I just don't understand trying to blow off this accident as "the price of technology." it's negligence & disregard of safety for profit, pure & simple. we saw the same thing with the Massey coal mine disasters.the days of corporations grinding people up like so much fodder & no respect for our planet should have ended long ago.
__________________

Last edited by Z06PDQ; 06-07-2010 at 2:22pm.
Z06PDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 7:47am   #9
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10
Points: 36,553, Level: 100
Activity: 0.7%
 
Joecooool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida Keys
Posts: 6,649
Thanks: 359
Thanked 1,731 Times in 751 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9515072
Default

Give that jackass a shovel and send him down to Pensacola.
Joecooool is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joecooool For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2010, 7:53am   #10
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10
Points: 36,553, Level: 100
Activity: 0.7%
 
Joecooool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida Keys
Posts: 6,649
Thanks: 359
Thanked 1,731 Times in 751 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9515072
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
The problem is that everyone wants the benefits of technology but no one is prepared to pay the price if...and more likely WHEN...something goes wrong.

Let 'em cap the damn well as quicly as possible and enough whining. Unless of course you're ready to trade in that shiny new Vette on a horse and buggy.
The real problem is that we as a nation are not doing anything to get off of oil.

The wind solar and other eco stuff is fine but the reality is that we need more nuclear power plants. LOTS more. Build them, get the grid up and running to support it and build electric cars.

I've driven a Tesla. That is the future and I'm happy with the direction we are going. The only think I'll miss is the noise but hell, I'm going def anyway.

We need a Manhattan style project to get us off oil. Its going to run out sooner or later and there are a hell of a lot of other uses for the stuff than putting it in our cars. A real commitment to building alternative energy and nuclear power plants could put millions of Americans to work, stop the flow of trillions of dollars we send over seas, and pull this country out of the recession.
Joecooool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 9:10am   #11
Cobra4B
Charter Member
Points: 7,981, Level: 62
Activity: 0.3%
 
Cobra4B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,702
Thanks: 43
Thanked 213 Times in 162 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8830
Default

Joe I agree w/ you 100%.... but the first Nuclear F'up and everyone will **** their paints. I mean 3 mile island is the reason we don't have more nuclear power today.
__________________
2001 Quicksilver Z06 - NASA PTA/TTA/ST2 #4
www.carsandcoffeevirginiabeach.com
April 7th, 2012 7:30am-9:30am @ La Promenade
Cobra4B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 1:40pm   #12
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10
Points: 36,553, Level: 100
Activity: 0.7%
 
Joecooool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida Keys
Posts: 6,649
Thanks: 359
Thanked 1,731 Times in 751 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9515072
Default

Not the jackass wants to square off with the EPA - Texas Governor Battles EPA Over Clean Air Act, Permits - TIME

I love the attitude of some of the Texans down there. They are cheering for the guy who is allowing corporations to pollute the air and water.

Here's a hint Governor, if specific jobs cause the bad air and water, then those are jobs that should go away.
Joecooool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 4:07pm   #13
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner
Points: 14,229, Level: 82
Activity: 0%
 
Z06PDQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 3,548
Thanks: 2,080
Thanked 394 Times in 336 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626
Default

Ethical For Life: Texas tops the most polluting state list in the USA
__________________
Z06PDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 9:26pm   #14
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Points: 38,337, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
 
Iron Chef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: It's Good To Be Bad
Posts: 9,722
Thanks: 1,463
Thanked 6,665 Times in 2,291 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2297888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool View Post
The real problem is that we as a nation are not doing anything to get off of oil.
All good points you have Phil. But oil is where we are TODAY.

Crying about a well leak is kind of like complaining that we can't travel to the moon using transporters a la Star Trek. The technology doesn't exist. You want to get there? It's a three day rocket ride. You want oil TODAY? You get it using TODAY'S technology and with that comes leaks, spills, shipwrecks and, in some cases, human lives AND WE ALL KNEW THIS GOING IN. Tomorrow's power might be better, cheaper, cleaner, safer and more plentiful, but we're not there yet.

Trying to turn this into a Democrat/Republican/Liberal/Conservative argument is pretty ridiculous.
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Iron Chef For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2010, 7:52am   #15
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58
Points: 9,221, Level: 66
Activity: 0%
 
Peter Pan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Converse, Texas
Posts: 2,782
Thanks: 206
Thanked 214 Times in 175 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $13154
Default

Drill baby drill I need to fill up my Vettes and power my house
Peter Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:28am   #16
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner
Points: 14,229, Level: 82
Activity: 0%
 
Z06PDQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 3,548
Thanks: 2,080
Thanked 394 Times in 336 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
Trying to turn this into a Democrat/Republican/Liberal/Conservative argument is pretty ridiculous.
I agree, it is ridiculous. it's also "ridiculous" to not see that it is in fact, a highly political issue. the Right wants to put the blame on our president with such bull**** as "Obama's Katrina" & faux anger at him pissing off the British..they say that BP wouldn't be in deep water if the Green Weenies hadn't forced them there. it's a lie. the big plays inland are all just about gone & the REAL monster fields are in the Gulf. that's why BP is there... that's what they do. find oil & harvest it. there are over 42,000 offshore rigs operating with minimal spill & loss of lives.granted, they aren't as deep as the Horizon,but that shouldn't matter. BP told us they could get the oil safely. they didn't say "we might have a blow out or two along the way." the facts are undeniable. these bastards ignored all kinds of red flags so they could make more money,faster.these people are nothing short of monsters & need to be put away for a long time. our nation NEEDS this oil, but we can't keep letting things like this tragedy happen because of insane greed for profits & disregard for human lives & our fragile ecosystem.
__________________

Last edited by Z06PDQ; 06-15-2010 at 11:33am.
Z06PDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:54pm   #17
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58
Points: 9,221, Level: 66
Activity: 0%
 
Peter Pan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Converse, Texas
Posts: 2,782
Thanks: 206
Thanked 214 Times in 175 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $13154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06PDQ View Post
I agree, it is ridiculous. it's also "ridiculous" to not see that it is in fact, a highly political issue. the Right wants to put the blame on our president with such bull**** as "Obama's Katrina" & faux anger at him pissing off the British..they say that BP wouldn't be in deep water if the Green Weenies hadn't forced them there. it's a lie. the big plays inland are all just about gone & the REAL monster fields are in the Gulf. that's why BP is there... that's what they do. find oil & harvest it. there are over 42,000 offshore rigs operating with minimal spill & loss of lives.granted, they aren't as deep as the Horizon,but that shouldn't matter. BP told us they could get the oil safely. they didn't say "we might have a blow out or two along the way." the facts are undeniable. these bastards ignored all kinds of red flags so they could make more money,faster.these people are nothing short of monsters & need to be put away for a long time. our nation NEEDS this oil, but we can't keep letting things like this tragedy happen because of insane greed for profits & disregard for human lives & our fragile ecosystem.
We gots lots of oil in Alaska, lets get it, less risk than the deep ocean drilling and use more coal, build more nuke plants until the Messiah's dream of alternate power in my grand kids live can be real. Drill baby drill at the same time we as a nation look at the next generation of power sources my cars, house and lots of products I use come from oil. As I type this the electricty I am using is coming from Coal Power and Nuke, it is what we use in San Antonio, best value going, build more of both and again drill baby drill. Oh our city is really getting into solar and wind power, both great sources but a drop in the bucket for what we use. Those new electric cars need juice to run, coal and Nukes are the best of what we now have and for the next 40 or 50 years on the scale of the power our nations uses.

Plug the fuc$ing hole Our leader has no clue on how to run our country no less a business, he only knows how to attack business and try for Govt take over, Nov can not come fast enough as 2012. It seems our president is being compared to Carter at 18 months in office and this is really bad we still have 2 1/2 years left of a sinking ship that only knows how to waste my tax $$ and our countries future
Peter Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:20am   #18
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner
Points: 14,229, Level: 82
Activity: 0%
 
Z06PDQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 3,548
Thanks: 2,080
Thanked 394 Times in 336 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pan View Post
We gots lots of oil in Alaska, lets get it, less risk than the deep ocean drilling and use more coal, build more nuke plants until the Messiah's dream of alternate power in my grand kids live can be real. Drill baby drill at the same time we as a nation look at the next generation of power sources my cars, house and lots of products I use come from oil. As I type this the electricty I am using is coming from Coal Power and Nuke, it is what we use in San Antonio, best value going, build more of both and again drill baby drill. Oh our city is really getting into solar and wind power, both great sources but a drop in the bucket for what we use. Those new electric cars need juice to run, coal and Nukes are the best of what we now have and for the next 40 or 50 years on the scale of the power our nations uses.

Plug the fuc$ing hole Our leader has no clue on how to run our country no less a business, he only knows how to attack business and try for Govt take over, Nov can not come fast enough as 2012. It seems our president is being compared to Carter at 18 months in office and this is really bad we still have 2 1/2 years left of a sinking ship that only knows how to waste my tax $$ and our countries future
whether you, I or God Almighty Himself likes it or not, oil is a finite resource. you reference Jimmy Carter, that's ironic. he was the very first president to try to start weaning us off foreign oil. Reagan came in & literally had the solar panels on the White House removed & scrapped everything he'd done. T Boone Pickens' ideas make a lot of sense to a lot of people, especially natural gas as a fuel.these are bold & drastic changes & resistance will be strong, but at some point we WILL do something about our dependence on fossil fuel. Obama's speech last night was vague & he's catching hell for it from the Left & Right. he needs to have more information available to us about how we can make this shift. he sounded like he was back on the campaign trail. you may think it was a "waste" of our money to stop arguably what was the greatest depression the world has ever known, but the majority of people don't agree with you. you are anxious for 2012 to get here. who ya'll gonna run?? Palin,the Moose Queen or Romney the Corporate Raider?? why don't you tell us how to "plug the fuc$ing hole"??? didn't you hear the Exxon CEO say that the industry doesn't even have a clue or a plan on how to do it even after the Ixtoc well blowout in 1979? you sound like the Moose Queen.
__________________

Last edited by Z06PDQ; 06-16-2010 at 11:31am.
Z06PDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:29am   #19
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner
Points: 14,229, Level: 82
Activity: 0%
 
Z06PDQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 3,548
Thanks: 2,080
Thanked 394 Times in 336 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626
Default

we need to start looking a little harder inland where drilling is safer. I don't think we really know what we have. Barnett Shale: The Latest Word in Oil Exploration -- Seeking Alpha
__________________
Z06PDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:36am   #20
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58
Points: 9,221, Level: 66
Activity: 0%
 
Peter Pan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Converse, Texas
Posts: 2,782
Thanks: 206
Thanked 214 Times in 175 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $13154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06PDQ View Post
we need to start looking a little harder inland where drilling is safer. I don't think we really know what we have. Barnett Shale: The Latest Word in Oil Exploration -- Seeking Alpha
Seems that Alaska has lots of oil inland, drill baby drill
Peter Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 9:16am.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2009 - 2019 The Vette Barn


Support the Barn:
 
Download the Mobile App;
 
Follow us on Facebook:

Become a Stall Owner

 

Apple iOS App        Google Android App

 

Visit our Facebook page