Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  
 
Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion

Politics & Religion Discussion of politics and religion

User Tag List

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2010, 1:03pm   #1
1TZSLO
Vette Barn Crew
Points: 5,654, Level: 51
Activity: 0%
 
1TZSLO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 942
Thanks: 74
Thanked 97 Times in 83 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $377
Default Repetition..?

Obama's border plan looks similar to Bush's - Yahoo! News
__________________
Arctic White 97 C5 Coupe
NOT STOCK
1TZSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 1:40pm   #2
BuckyThreadkiller
Barn Stall Owner #12
Barn Raising I
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Points: 23,249, Level: 100
Activity: 0.8%
 
BuckyThreadkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dammit, I was told there would be pie.
Posts: 5,554
Thanks: 189
Thanked 2,282 Times in 1,058 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $168017
Default

Bush's "work" on the border was worthless. If Obama is following that plan, it's going to be a cluster.
BuckyThreadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 1:54pm   #3
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner
Points: 14,229, Level: 82
Activity: 0%
 
Z06PDQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 3,548
Thanks: 2,080
Thanked 394 Times in 336 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626
Default

[typical Righty] "Obama wants to bring in as many as he can & legalize them so he can make voters out of them." [Typical Righty]
__________________
Z06PDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 2:40pm   #4
BuckyThreadkiller
Barn Stall Owner #12
Barn Raising I
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Points: 23,249, Level: 100
Activity: 0.8%
 
BuckyThreadkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dammit, I was told there would be pie.
Posts: 5,554
Thanks: 189
Thanked 2,282 Times in 1,058 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $168017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06PDQ View Post
[typical Righty] "Obama wants to bring in as many as he can & legalize them so he can make voters out of them." [Typical Righty]
So why isn't he doing something larger about this fairly serious problem?
BuckyThreadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 2:44pm   #5
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner
Points: 14,229, Level: 82
Activity: 0%
 
Z06PDQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 3,548
Thanks: 2,080
Thanked 394 Times in 336 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626
bilmem

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller View Post
So why isn't he doing something larger about this fairly serious problem?
I don't know. so far, I haven't heard him say "they're just doing the jobs Americans won't do"....you know....like W said?
__________________

Last edited by Z06PDQ; 05-26-2010 at 2:47pm.
Z06PDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 3:27pm   #6
1TZSLO
Vette Barn Crew
Points: 5,654, Level: 51
Activity: 0%
 
1TZSLO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 942
Thanks: 74
Thanked 97 Times in 83 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06PDQ View Post
I don't know. so far, I haven't heard him say "they're just doing the jobs Americans won't do"....you know....like W said?
At least he spoke the truth.

And you see now that Obama is doing the same thing as Bush. Cept he words it differently and makes it sound good.
__________________
Arctic White 97 C5 Coupe
NOT STOCK
1TZSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 3:45pm   #7
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner
Points: 14,229, Level: 82
Activity: 0%
 
Z06PDQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 3,548
Thanks: 2,080
Thanked 394 Times in 336 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TZSLO View Post
At least he spoke the truth.

And you see now that Obama is doing the same thing as Bush. Cept he words it differently and makes it sound good.
it doesn't have to be "the truth." we have millions of unemployed Americans that would love to have any kind of job. I believe in helping those less fortunate than us, but we need those jobs. if the people paying those sub standard wages don't like it they can mow their own yards, pick their own crops or go the **** out of business. we've had downward pressure on American wages for too long.
__________________
Z06PDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 4:27pm   #8
1TZSLO
Vette Barn Crew
Points: 5,654, Level: 51
Activity: 0%
 
1TZSLO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 942
Thanks: 74
Thanked 97 Times in 83 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06PDQ View Post
it doesn't have to be "the truth." we have millions of unemployed Americans that would love to have any kind of job. I believe in helping those less fortunate than us, but we need those jobs. if the people paying those sub standard wages don't like it they can mow their own yards, pick their own crops or go the **** out of business. we've had downward pressure on American wages for too long.
You are partially correct.
1- 8/10 of those I bet won't do manual labor.

2- Some Americans are just SOL, they are jobless in a community that just doesn't have jobs to offer even seasonal ones.

3- It would be nice to say thats not the truth. but until the jobless people start filling those roles it will always be just that. Money is money if you aint got a job any money will do. But the US has become Lazy.
__________________
Arctic White 97 C5 Coupe
NOT STOCK

Last edited by 1TZSLO; 05-26-2010 at 4:29pm.
1TZSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 5:02pm   #9
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner
Points: 14,229, Level: 82
Activity: 0%
 
Z06PDQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 3,548
Thanks: 2,080
Thanked 394 Times in 336 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TZSLO View Post
You are partially correct.
1- 8/10 of those I bet won't do manual labor.

2- Some Americans are just SOL, they are jobless in a community that just doesn't have jobs to offer even seasonal ones.

3- It would be nice to say thats not the truth. but until the jobless people start filling those roles it will always be just that. Money is money if you aint got a job any money will do. But the US has become Lazy.
I'm not your "bleeding heart Lib" in the classic misconception of the term. I believe if someone is down & out the government should help them get on their feet. if they have no skills, they should be trained. if they won't be trained & they won't work, let their families take care of them. if they are placed in a job & they have to relocate to another state, so be it. tuff tiddy. that happens regularly in my industry.
__________________
Z06PDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 5:18pm   #10
1TZSLO
Vette Barn Crew
Points: 5,654, Level: 51
Activity: 0%
 
1TZSLO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 942
Thanks: 74
Thanked 97 Times in 83 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06PDQ View Post
I'm not your "bleeding heart Lib" in the classic misconception of the term. I believe if someone is down & out the government should help them get on their feet. if they have no skills, they should be trained. if they won't be trained & they won't work, let their families take care of them. if they are placed in a job & they have to relocate to another state, so be it. tuff tiddy. that happens regularly in my industry.
Reminds me of my cousin, who is a POS but they quit paying him unemployment and said they would pay for him to go to school which would have been 30miles away.
First thing I thought was how the hell will that help if he doesn't have gas money to get there? The thought was nice, but I honestly don't think the government should have to be a default back up to help you because you chose a poor career field or industry to work in. WAIT they all ready do that its called WELFARE!
__________________
Arctic White 97 C5 Coupe
NOT STOCK
1TZSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1TZSLO For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2010, 7:40pm   #11
BuckyThreadkiller
Barn Stall Owner #12
Barn Raising I
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Points: 23,249, Level: 100
Activity: 0.8%
 
BuckyThreadkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dammit, I was told there would be pie.
Posts: 5,554
Thanks: 189
Thanked 2,282 Times in 1,058 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $168017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06PDQ View Post
I don't know. so far, I haven't heard him say "they're just doing the jobs Americans won't do"....you know....like W said?

Got nothing constructive, eh?

Bush's response to the problem was idiotic. I guess Obama's is too.
BuckyThreadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 7:53pm   #12
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner
Points: 14,229, Level: 82
Activity: 0%
 
Z06PDQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 3,548
Thanks: 2,080
Thanked 394 Times in 336 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller View Post
Got nothing constructive, eh?

Bush's response to the problem was idiotic. I guess Obama's is too.
maybe he'll make it lawful in all states to lawfully stop,interrogate & jail anyone with brown skin thereby pissing all over our constitution.
__________________
Z06PDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 5:23am.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2009 - 2019 The Vette Barn


Support the Barn:
 
Download the Mobile App;
 
Follow us on Facebook:

Become a Stall Owner

 

Apple iOS App        Google Android App

 

Visit our Facebook page