Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.1%

Thanked 11,561 Times in 5,701 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393
Default Where we stand......

On various 'hot button issues'......

I would guess I come out libertarian....but maybe not.....

for instance, I am pro choice, but birth control is paid by the person involved......for whatever costs/procedures are involved.....simply NOT a public issue, and NONE of 'our' business.....

WE the public are not to pay for kids, period....from birth through colleges......it is up to the parents.....simple, clean and clear.....
and that includes school transportation.....

WE the public need ensure that child predators are locked up and/or executed and screw the psych bullshit.....same with murderers....

I think that ANY trial should be OVER in less than 6 months, time enough for evidence to be ANALysed and gone over, sentence in a week or less.....

I can accept a 5% error rate on capital crimes, WE ain't perfect, so we get ON with life, time for criminals to buck up and clean up their act....

with ~17k .gov workers for the EPA, WE need to take care of our own business and cut that work force back to about 170 people.....at most.....
AND don't pull all that liberal crap about whatever was rong in the way past....that has LONG since been corrected, IF it existed at all, which I doubt in most cases.....

I think lawyers should not be allowed to hold public office of ANY type, unless the resign the Bar ASSN. first, never to return to legal practice.....

I think terms of office should be two terms for US Senate, and 3 terms for US House.....or two and ONE.....

I also think ALL .gov workers should be allowed to SERVE for a max of 20 years total service, after THAT, they find another job.....EXCEPT .mil, which should be an obvious exception....

I think we need pull our .mil out of any land based operation around the world, if we can't ensure our safety out of a couple dozen nukey subs and a dozen carrier battle groups, with satellite .com there is something RONG......the only gig being EMP pulse to wipe out data .com.....

which brings up another topic.....WHY in hell is our nation's power grid run by computers??? ran fine decades ago under manual control.....

SO many topics so little time, and not covered 1/2 of them even.....

mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 9:29am   #2
Craig
Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 5.2%

Thanked 3,551 Times in 1,953 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1037769

I agree with a lot of that. I'll add that the Federal Government owns far too much land. Other than military bases and a few justice buildings, it should belong to the states, counties, or private ownership.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Craig For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion