Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2020, 3:51pm   #41
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102
Activity: 16.5%

Thanked 14,249 Times in 4,361 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egnalf View Post
fyi, essential people are carrying this crap as well. I know of two essential people who had no symptoms who tested positive. they were working in a hospital and in very close contact with patients. cant say much more.

I get updates constantly from director level people in health systems since we are on the front lines keeping systems running in approximately 50 facilities. I own the service company.

Same here.....
C3C7NIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 3:54pm   #42
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
That social distancing guidance makes complete sense. Unfortunately the government has gone far, FAR beyond that. Five states have told people they must stay inside their house with a few exceptions. FL has closed most beaches. People are being denied scheduled treatment for cancer, heart disease and other life threatening conditions. State and local governments are in a competition to see who can come up with the most restrictive conditions possible.
The facilities are going to have to TRY to have a WELL area and a SICK area.

The fuqqing problem is, there are people that look and FEEL well with no symptoms that have this, unlike most other viruses. So..... you let a very high risk cancer patient come in for chemo, and ONLY let non sick patients come in..... You think you have done good and implemented a good protocol, however, you can infect an entire chemo treatment area, because of an asymptomatic carrier. See why this sucks?

I am on the side of the people, period. I really am, Stev~E, you know I care about people, this breaks my heart! I just want people to take this serious and not laugh it off like it's a bad common cold or flu.
Old 03-22-2020, 3:55pm   #43
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Activity: 69.1%

Thanked 33,458 Times in 11,750 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C7NIC View Post

Wait, you mean you believe the communist reports being allowed to come out of China?

No, but I do believe our employees in China. Restrictions are being lifted and life is returning to normal.
Steve_R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 3:57pm   #44
Egnalf
A Real Barner
Activity: 1.0%

Thanked 3,145 Times in 1,332 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $18284

Quote:
Did not mean YOU specifically, in general.

What is the answer? In most everything in my life I am a "middle of the road" kind of girl. Happy medium.

Shit on the stick part is, with this God dammed thing, the REALLY suck azz part is, middle of the road will get people killed.
under the current guidance and citizen response, its going to continue to spread. for example, NJ is essentially shut down, yet there were six guys pouring concrete and more finishing it at a friends house yesterday. no protection, and they were in close contact. its likely at least one is carrying. its also likely they spread it.

for me, I would have anyone not know to have immune system issues and between 18 and 55 go about their business. I would want them to fight any fever and dehydration off with over the counter meds. I would urge them to seek medical attention only if chest pain started. for all others, I would ask them to avoid contact, wear masks and wash their hands and faces six times a day.
for any product coming in the house UNLESS PERISHABLE, leave it outside for 24-36 hours to allow any virus to die off. any perisables get washed in blazing hot water.
stop things like going to the gym, and other activities where germs can easily spread.

in short, go about life, but in a protected manner for a month or two.
Egnalf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Egnalf For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 3:58pm   #45
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102

Quote:
No, but I do believe our employees in China. Restrictions are being lifted and life is returning to normal.
I pray that is true. MOther fuqqers have created most of the SARS infections. The other was in the middle east.

These transmit from bat to animal to human. It was a camel in the middle east.
Old 03-22-2020, 4:03pm   #46
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102

Quote:
under the current guidance and citizen response, its going to continue to spread. for example, NJ is essentially shut down, yet there were six guys pouring concrete and more finishing it at a friends house yesterday. no protection, and they were in close contact. its likely at least one is carrying. its also likely they spread it.

for me, I would have anyone not know to have immune system issues and between 18 and 55 go about their business. I would want them to fight any fever and dehydration off with over the counter meds. I would urge them to seek medical attention only if chest pain started. for all others, I would ask them to avoid contact, wear masks and wash their hands and faces six times a day.
for any product coming in the house UNLESS PERISHABLE, leave it outside for 24-36 hours to allow any virus to die off. any perisables get washed in blazing hot water.
stop things like going to the gym, and other activities where germs can easily spread.

in short, go about life, but in a protected manner for a month or two.

You get it.

Be safe.

Our first level staff is all on quarantine because when the 1st cases came in, we were not allowed to do the testing and were NOT allowed to use PPE because the patients did not meet current travel PROTOCOL.

So now we have 4 confirmed staff from my clinic testing positive. I KNOW there are thousands +, we are still not allowed to test widely.

As of the update this afternoon, we can only test the most ill or first line healthcare workers. Too little to late.
Old 03-22-2020, 4:05pm   #47
Steve_R
A Real Barner

Quote:
The facilities are going to have to TRY to have a WELL area and a SICK area.

The fuqqing problem is, there are people that look and FEEL well with no symptoms that have this, unlike most other viruses. So..... you let a very high risk cancer patient come in for chemo, and ONLY let non sick patients come in..... well you can infect an entire chemo treatment area, because of an asymptomatic carrier. See why this sucks.
Of course it sucks. Is it right or ethical to let cancer or heart patients get worse or die while waiting to see if COVID-19 patients overwhelm the system? How did we get there as a country?

I’m overdue for a colonoscopy to check on pre-cancerous polyps associated with my Crohn’s. It was scheduled for tomorrow. It’s now postponed indefinitely while there is one - yes only one - confirmed case of COVID-19 in our entire county, which is the same number as a week ago.

We’ve gone insane and it’s hurting and killing real people, but it appears that if the deaths aren’t due to the virus they’re okey dokey.

Yeah, I’m pissed. I need a large Scotch.
Old 03-22-2020, 4:08pm   #48
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102

Quote:
Of course it sucks. Is it right or ethical to let cancer or heart patients get worse or die while waiting to see if COVID-19 patients overwhelm the system? How did we get there as a country?

I’m overdue for a colonoscopy to check on pre-cancerous polyps associated with my Crohn’s. It was scheduled for tomorrow. It’s now postponed indefinitely while there is one - yes only one - confirmed case of COVID-19 in our entire county, which is the same number as a week ago.

We’ve gone insane and it’s hurting and killing real people, but it appears that if the deaths aren’t due to the virus they’re okey dokey.

Will you make me one 2?

Until rapid tests (hours) are accessible, I do not now what they will do.

Those restrictions are not that severe here and we have more cases than you.
Old 03-22-2020, 4:12pm   #49
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 12,309 Times in 5,942 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590

Quote:

If your hospital is cancelling emergent heart surgeries, they are doing it wrong.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 4:27pm   #50
Egnalf
A Real Barner

Quote:

I made a choice to not have a drink until this shit passes. I need to keep my wits about my. was on a call last night with one director of facilities who is already stressed beyond belief. when it ends, eggie goes on a fuggin bender like he hasn't seen in a while.
The Following User Says Thank You to Egnalf For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 4:31pm   #51
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,686 Times in 13,644 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
I sure hope worst case scenario does not happen too. I was skeptical when this all started too, but cautious as I understand SARS.

Wait, you mean you believe the communist reports being allowed to come out of China?

When China finally started arresting people not social distancing and enforced it, along with spraying down every reachable surface with god knows what antiviral liquid, they got a hold on it. Does not mean it is eradicated. IT only takes one person to spread, that is how this started 1 PERSON and now is in every nation. I suspect this will come in waves over the next several months.

It will not go away completely during warm months, thy are dealing with this in the tropical areas too, look at southern parts of Florida.

I wish the hell I had the answers!! I really do.
Your posts come across as if you do. I'm not attacking, but if NO ONE has the answers, then NO ONE is a reliable source.

How many people have passed through your doors at work or been consulted with in the last three weeks? Now how many of them legitimately had/have COVID? A small percentage by your own posting.

Truly I am not picking on you, but your posts read as a contribution to the panic.

I HAVE TO go work. I HAVE TO go shopping. I do only those two things. Risk to me is small. Not zero, but small. Do I think people should be having a party at their house? No. BUT we can't climb in a safe and shut the door behind us. We may reach a point where we absolutely CANNOT leave our homes but this isn't it. If we do it now, then 4 weeks from now when there is no option, we will have no food, no water, nothing...because we will have consumed it when we still had an option to go buy it, but didn't.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 4:36pm   #52
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 33.5%

Thanked 7,060 Times in 3,119 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
EXACTLY, everyone but essential people STAY home, finally you get it!
No, I believe it is you who doesn't get it.

There are really only 3 possibilities here:

1. You are trolling me.
2. My point, that I struggle to put any more obviously, is being missed by you due to willingly being obtuse.
3. You really don't get the realities of the non-medical world.

Let's try this one more time: Quarantining "non-essential" people, the way our government is presently requiring it, doesn't work, because it can't work, because even "essential" people get sick. Get it?

My wife is still struggling at this hour to figure out how she is going to open the bank tomorrow, which our politicians are requiring with legal penalties for not doing so, because she has two choices as follows:

1. Don't open the bank (obviously in violation of the recent orders).
2. Open the bank with people who are very sick and should be at home.

Within the present legal structure, there ARE NO OTHER CHOICES. As a medical professional, which do you recommend?
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 4:37pm   #53
Egnalf
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
Your posts come across as if you do. I'm not attacking, but if NO ONE has the answers, then NO ONE is a reliable source.

How many people have passed through your doors at work or been consulted with in the last three weeks? Now how many of them legitimately had/have COVID? A small percentage by your own posting.

Truly I am not picking on you, but your posts read as a contribution to the panic.

I HAVE TO go work. I HAVE TO go shopping. I do only those two things. Risk to me is small. Not zero, but small. Do I think people should be having a party at their house? No. BUT we can't climb in a safe and shut the door behind us. We may reach a point where we absolutely CANNOT leave our homes but this isn't it. If we do it now, then 4 weeks from now when there is no option, we will have no food, no water, nothing...because we will have consumed it when we still had an option to go buy it, but didn't.
part of the healing process is EITHER having a very effective vaccine, OR allowing for humans to develop immunity. from my perspective, it isn't financial loss, it isn't food, it is that its generally considered that middle age people with no known immune system issues can and will fight this thing off, and once they do it is believed right now that it wont come back. by trying different treatments and being isolationist, we expose ourselves to the can being kicked down the road and seeing it come back, AND mutation which is even worse.
Old 03-22-2020, 4:37pm   #54
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeabody View Post
If your hospital is cancelling emergent heart surgeries, they are doing it wrong.
Agree.

The heart hospital, separate form the main, is treating basically every patient, even the healthy one as if they could have it. Problem is they are running out of PPE by doing that and ventilators all need special filtration when COVID is suspected.
Old 03-22-2020, 4:41pm   #55
Egnalf
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post

1. You are trolling me.
2. My point, that I struggle to put any more obviously, is being missed by you due to willingly being obtuse.

Let's try this one more time: Quarantining "non-essential" people, the way our government is presently requiring it, doesn't work, because it can't work, because even "essential" people get sick. Get it?

My wife is still struggling at this hour to figure out how she is going to open the bank tomorrow, which our politicians are requiring with legal penalties for not doing so, because she has two choices as follows:

Within the present legal structure, there ARE NO OTHER CHOICES. As a medical professional, which do you recommend?
if it were me...drive through only and gloves on handling documents.
Old 03-22-2020, 4:43pm   #56
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102

Quote:

We cannot test, I have no idea how many people had it, and we still have no idea how many people currently have it.

I am just as pissed at those panicking as everyone. If my comments cause panic, then I don't know what to tell you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post

1. You are trolling me.

Is there an option 4?

Now you want my recommendation? Hmmm..

May I repeat, follow social distancing guidelines, simple.

Oh, and do not panic.
Old 03-22-2020, 4:45pm   #57
Egnalf
A Real Barner

Quote:

here is the problem. there are some known values and some that are still being studied. there are pretty good guidelines on how to act, how to handle, and how long this shit lasts on surfaces. the media is sensationalizing and flat out making stuff up in some cases. it isn't helping. people are all over social media reposting lies and creating more fear. people like whats her name here, are getting valuable, up to date information daily or several times per day. they are overworked, stressed, and scared too. they are trying to be helpful and get biulldozed by people not in the know.
Old 03-22-2020, 4:46pm   #58
Steve_R
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeabody View Post
I’d tell ‘em that, but I doubt they’d listen or care.

Quote:
I made a choice to not have a drink until this shit passes. I need to keep my wits about my. was on a call last night with one director of facilities who is already stressed beyond belief. when it ends, eggie goes on a fuggin bender like he hasn't seen in a while.
We should meet somewhere. I’ll buy the first round.
Old 03-22-2020, 4:49pm   #59
Egnalf
A Real Barner

might be doable, stay tuned
Old 03-22-2020, 4:50pm   #60
Steve_R
A Real Barner

Quote:
Now you want my recommendation? Hmmm..

May I repeat, follow social distancing guidelines, simple.
Can you please tell the government, from POTUS to local, that because they don’t think that’s nearly restrictive enough.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic